By what age should men move out of their parents house?

By what age should men move out of their parents house?

I'm 22 and tired of living with my parents. They throw out MY food because I'm much fitter than them (mom is obese and always make snark jabs about me going to the gym or weighing my food), keep harassing me about working more (I work 40-50 hours a week) but it's never enough time to please them.

Just getting tired of this desu. I pay them "rent" anyway so I'm basically getting all the downsides with no upsides.

just leave my fit friend

Check your area for an apartment of some kind and see if you can afford to move out now with the money you are making.

You move as soon as they start holding you back, user.
If in this case they are holding your fitness journey, it's time to move the fuck out.

Yea move out, it doesn't sound like its common in other countries but why not move into a house with a group of other people? Makes rent/power/internet way cheaper and food if you cook together.

if trips, you stay. if anything else you fucking book it ASAP

Move out

it's only these modern normie times and attitudes that have led people to believe they need to leave the house at 18 and be self sufficient or whatever. you should be taking care of your parents until the day they die and if you have any grandchildren they should be more than happy to help raise them which would be a big help to you in the long run.

Moved out as soon as I could afford it at 20. Check out zillow and throw in your zip code. Money wise you want to be able to live comfortably while still being able to put money aside for incidentals. Read up on guides online friend and good luck apartment hunting. If you get a roommate find one you can tolerate!

Agreed with this guy. Your rent and other costs should be around 50% of what you earn depending on how much you earn. For me rent with insurance makes up around 50% of the income so it leaves me room to set money aside and live comfortably.

I moved out at 22 as well, the main reason was because I wasn't allowed to really do what I wanted cause my parents still thought they had to know everything. A couple weeks before leaving the ran through my coat pockets and found some weed, they sat me down like I was an addict on heroin and started making conspiracy theories that I must have been smoking in the house cause I was in my room so much (I never did nor do I smoke often, think last time was 2 months ago). I could only sit there and laugh cause I knew I was moving out and that this was ridiculous..

>be more humble than you already are about your whole lifestyle
>don't talk about it so often, and when you do, let them do their thing, but don't take any side, stick with facts
>they take it personally, you are going against the grain and are seen as the resistance. not that you don't already know this stuff i'm saying but still.
>save up! buy the good shit but less expensive good shit.
>avoid rewards like spending $ on restaurant food.
>understand that a lot of parents don't know what the fuck they are doing.
>realize you don't actually need them/their pack to survive. the reason you are there in 2017 is because of societal expectations, norms, maybe some laziness to a degree, and lack of monetary gain.
>keep the relationship with them going, so don't ignore them completely, or they will interpret your isolation as self-harmful in some way or another when it's not.

MOVE OUT!! Fucking mug. Me and my functional friends laugh at our friends from when we were younger that still live with there parents. You're a joke.

Jokes on you faggot I save 90% of my income

>paying 'rent' to your own fucking family
Damn user, what a shitty family life.

Sure you really impress the girls with all that money, great that you can take them home to an impressive environment

i know a lot of people who've done that to their kids. also known plenty who've payed rent to their parents. quite common everywhere as far as i know.

Whenever it is practical. I am 21 and still live with my parents on breaks from college.

for Americans it is common yes

My dad died when I was 18 and I've been living on my own ever since (am 22 now) what the hell is wrong with you fuckers.

If you have to ask user then yeah, you should probably move out. I feel as though men should move out as soon as they can.

in this society in this day and age there doesn't seem to be much made staying at home. maybe saving money if the house relationship is good. or if you work for a family business. otherwise agree.

Op here. Thanks guys... guess ill start looking for an apartment

I moved out at 17

Moved back in for a few months at 20 due to financial problems, worst months of my life

Get the fuck out
You're not meant to stay with your parents

Great way to ruin your family. 0/10 parenting.

Its not REALLY about the money as it is cultivating responsibility in most cases. Especially in north america. You must be from one of THOSE countries.

Move out but get a gf as soon as possible to live together with you otherwise you will be a fucking wage slave in order to pay your rent...

Girls can just keep living at home and wait for someone to pick them up, but guys should leave as soon as they have build up a financial buffer.

It's only common in america where family values are non-existent. You won't see that sort of nonsense anywhere else. Family is supposed to assist kids in moving out.

like, how do these american parents expect their kids to move out when the money they should be saving is going straight to the parents? Its just shocking really. They put their elderly in homes as soon as possible to save money, and charge their kids to make money. I suspect it's a baby-boomer thing because America wasnt always so dysfunctional.

Whenever you're ready to do it, i still find it funny how muricans have to move out asap to feel accomplished or something, i mean if your family is shit and is holding you back then yeah, if not, i don't see why, moving will only make things harder, my brother lived with my parents until he was 28 (he's 31 atm), got a stable job, and married his gf of 6 years, because of this he was also able to save enough for a small house. I'm 21 and still studying, i don't pay rent at all but i help whenever i can, this is the same for 90% of people my age i know personally

By not being a bitch. Its common in Canada too.

I am 20 years old living at home rent free, due to financial obligations/issues. No my parents aren't going to push me on the street, but even though they are in no financial need would like me to pay rent at my age. Its about budgeting and generally proving you can be self sufficient and not getting a free ride like some faggy euro, inbred paki, or parent feeding chink. How are you gonna provide for a family some day if you can't figure out how to divide your income?

P.S. most people I know (especially working folks) generally look down upon people who dont pay their way at all past 20ish. Its not like its open abuse but your generally viewed as less responsible and getting a "free" ride. especially if you dont have a job or a good reason like saving for a house.

i swear, every time I read this shit, it's a white family. That's why us shitskins are taking over. There is no family structure and with goes family values like wanting whats best for your siblings and kids. glad I'm a shitskin.

Sounds like youre ready to live on your own OP I'm sure you can find a place to rent especially if you're already paying for living space in your parents home

Move out when you're financially able to do so without too much hardship is what I'd say.

Gainz Goblins are only going to drag you down and demotivate you.

My parents started charging me rent at 11 yrs old but then again my parents only ever loved money and nothing else it's sad now bc of the 4 siblings i have none of us talk to our parents now that we're grown

fucking gains goblins man

Yeah, move out as soon as you can OP. Nothing worse than being constantly belittled in your own home.

You move out when your financial situation has developed enough to allow you to do so. It's not your age; it's your income.

>Yeah, move out as soon as you can OP. Nothing worse than being constantly belittled in your own home.

There's no worse feel than being betrayed by your family members.

We're the only family you need OP.

In your case, 4 years ago would have been the right time.
It depends on the man and the parents and the culture in which you live though. I'm rural Irish, I get along well with my parents, I contribute to the household and I'm saving piles of money.
I'm 26 years old and saving to build my own house in my village, and it really doesn't bother me that I live at home. I lived in London for a couple of years and it was pretty miserable. I lived in Dublin for a year before I got transferred close enough to live at home, that wasn't so bad but I still prefer the rural life.

>32
>live with parents
don't see any reason to move out, small as fuck town

Can't you move to a city?

>living with women

Lmao!!! Fucking idiot.

You already are a guest in your home, so it's time to move out
Find cheap apatment and live you life

God damn man I moved out at 16 and thought it was the perfect time. Get out of there ASAP. Move in with your bro/s if you're struggling with money.

No later than 20 you colossal manchild.

Fuckin normie

seventeen - eighteen

By 18, you should, at the very least, already have a definite plan for moving out.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Where I'm from, South Africa, it is okay to live with your parents, for as long as you want.

But you still want to move out as soon as you can. Around late twenties there is a bit of pressure, but it is not seen as a problem or failure.

Sure, and getting babbies circumcised isn't really about pleasing you jewish overlords.
Keep dreaming, ameriburger.

Nonwhites get off my board

you guys are hilarious, hurr durr I need to move out because I am the man. Also "I want to start a family, having 10 kids by 25 and a fat wife that will divorce me by 30 with a house on full credit.
Thats is all what is wrong with todays society,
in particular with generation Z that is full of lifestyle freaks with no work ethic and asceticism... I don't even care at that point, thats your lives, have fun

deal with it, degenerate

Your first paragraph contradicts your second one.

So in your opinion you're suppose to live with your parents like a manchild even if they're negatively affecting your life?

19, like me

In case someone has to live with ghetto parents there may be a good reason to move out but in most cases it is just to have a one night stand with strangers and to feel like a real man which they are not. Everyone can live on credit, rent a house and have 5 kids. In fact, they may be a correlation between low IQ + 3rld world country and having many kids. Those people are mentally not stable whereas someone who respects his parents.

And I am not saying that having a familiy or moving out is a bad idea, I am just saying that you can live with your parents as long as you want. Just influence them with your positive energy and raise them like they raised you. Zyzz: haters gonna hate

Moving out is important for maturation and self-actualization though.

I know you're going to disagree but observe anyone who lives with their parents at 23+. You'll notice they have developmental problems as a result of moving out so delayed.

Your parents are of a different generation and also consider you their child regardless of age. So there's likely two scenarios:
A) you constantly fight and argue due to seeing things differently(most common), unless your parents are extreme cuckolds who ask of nothing and have no opinions on anything

Or B) you become a coddled beta who has mommy issues and doesn't mature, because why work your hardest when you always have a home to come to? Might as well study a meme degree and smoke weed xD

I ll agree that there may arise issues with development but it is also well known that kids with good long parenting will always be better leaders with a prosperous career and healthy relationships. I guess it all depends on the type of parents and if they are influencing someone very negatively it is time to move out. And I don't mean "hold back" synonymous to I wanna have as many ONS as I can possibly get, because I am the man." In the end that is what an average fitizen thinks.

I moved out at 20 with my GF, and honestly it was fucking amazing for the 2 years year we were there. Sure we were using a lot of our income just on bills, but the privacy, and ability to do whatever the fuck you want is great. Moved back into my dad's huge house (with gf) last year and I'm 23 now, but planning on moving out after I graduate. Was worth it to bring cost down to pay debt and save, but..

Downsides are pretty obvious though
>shared fridge and outside freezer that him and his wife use about 80% of filled with disgusting food, never clean their shelves
>we have 2 lower shelves, 1 door one, and 1 shelf section in freezer
>a bit of a hoarder so outside of our room we don't have much space even though it's a 5 bed house
>paying rent, but they also imply that we should clean up because it's so cheap
>we do clean our room, bathroom, and kitchen fairly often, but they literally never do anything unless they spill shit
>can only really have sex when both of them are gone
>they spend most of their time when not working at home
>my dad doesn't even go to work in person 80% of the time
>his wife is super passive aggressive to us (i believe she might be a witch)

My dad judges the fact that I go to the gym super late, and that me and GF constantly go to the store like once a week to buy fresh fruit, veggies, and chicken. Always has comments like
>the store? again?
>what are you making? (in a wtf kind of tone when it's healthy)

Anyways if you're working 40-50 hours a week you can most likely afford an apartment, or at least find something with some room mates. Go for it OP, it's great doing things on your own schedule without having to deal with family ever.

Really glad I moved out around 20 though, because it made me realize how wonderful it is, and also gave me a good grasp on budget.

People bullshit about how men are manchildren nowadays and stay at home way too long.

They don't realise that, historically, men lived at home FAR LONGER than they currently do. They usually moved out due to marriage, or even then lived in the same house and helped financially.

My dad is approaching 70 and he himself only moved out of his parents house at the age of 25 to get married (previously had been assisting his 2 working class parents with bills).

I only moved out of my parent's house because they retired and moved up north, and I work in Central London so I couldn't move with them. They basically beg me to move back in all the time.

>citation needed

Men literally married and started their own families by 18.

In any case that's irrelevant when most people worked hard physical labour then died at 40 in the same town they were born.

These days there's so much fucking money to be made and life is beyond easy.
>Just 100 years ago you'd have to work a physically demanding job

>These days people making $6000/mth selling retarded shit on ebay or streaming themselves playing games

I moved out at 26.

I'm glad I stayed that long because it allowed me to take my time over getting a good job, and then earn plenty of easy money before putting down a 15% deposit on my own house which gave me a way more favourable rate on my mortgage than the usual 10% would have.

Moving out purely as some kind of "look at me being independent and grown up" is retarded if you have the option of staying in a supportive and happy family home until you're ready to make a good start to your independent life.
Obviously if you're just a time wasting NEET at home then you're retarded either way.

>time of the orc has come

You work 40-50 hours a week and still live at home? Why the fuck? Move out guy. You definitely have the money

Why not just save a fucking unreal shitload of money and throw down a huge deposit on a house rather than do it early and live with the expenses of running your own house on top of mortgage? You could knock the mortgage payments to half of what they would be with a few extra years living at home.

Because clearly it's not working out for him and he's having a terrible time?

He even pays rent and buys his own food, so he's hardly saving any money more than if he lived alone?

Sorry I didn't even read the OP.
I'm retarded.