Any help quitting nicotine? Haven't gone more than 8 hours without...

Any help quitting nicotine? Haven't gone more than 8 hours without, it seems and I really want a cigarette or chew right now. Anything help?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=l27zWo7hbcY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You just don't smoke. You have full control over your body and actions, literally just don't do it. This is only possible if you make the actual decision to stop, after that it's easy. If you're 'quitting' but don't actually wanna stop then you won't

Vape, and consistently lower the nicotine until you reach none

Pic related, former 2 pack a day

Water fast for 3 days or a week. You'll be able to break it cold turkey. Just get a lot of water and some good shit to read or watch. Be prepared to detox hard.

I wish I had enough money to afford a vape. I'll probably switch over to that once I'm done with school in the next two months. Just been really tight and I want nicotine so bad, and I don't want to kill my gains.

Eating like a pig

J hear ephedrine helps some anons.

I don't even understand how people get addicted to this shit. I smoke tops half a pack a day, most of the time it's 3-4 cigs. Some days I don't smoke at all or do 1-2 and don't even think about it unless my pack is right in front of me

This. I just kinda stopped

Some people build associations that make it worse
>wake up - smoke
>out for a walk - smoke
>stressed - smoke
>ate a meal - smoke
>drinking - smoke
>out with friends - smoke
They think of smoking every time they do one of these things. So when they try to quit they just have constant reminders.

exact same situation
don't really get cravings but if im relaxing and chainsmoking i can smoke half a pack at the most

some days ill have only 1 and still not feel cravings

This.

fuckin right
wake up - smoke
smoke before work
smoke in break
smoke after food
smoke after work
smoke with friends

Just fucking do it faggot.

It might take 2 years of frequent attempts but you'll stop in the end.

5 Htp

Just do 10 push ups if you want a smoke

Same I wish they sold packs of three cigarettes, I could last a week with that

Protip. just make sure you don't have work, friends or food and you don't want to smoke.

Yeah, by all means vape. Do that if you want evryone to think you're a batty boy.

I hate smokers but I hate vapers even more.

Just use Swedish snus like General that's sold almost everywhere. It's monitored the same way as a food item under the fda would be. Most Swedes use snus and have some of the lowest mouth cancer rates in all of Europe. They also did a lot of studies and found no link with snus and any cancer.

Started smoking Camel, this is what I do. I should be careful though.

This. Doing it right now. 4 days smoke free after 20 years...

Everything else is bullshit and will just make it harder.

Maybe a snack.

Cravings only last 3 minutes.

go to the gym lift heavy
and stop behaving like a little crack whore, who i fucked in her disgusting pig face, you stupid lil shit, i bet u are weak m8, fite me 1vs1 irl

wow what a fag lol

I'm military, and everytime I get deployed, I smoke while there. Usually everyday, multiple times, for 6 months at a time. Once I get off deployment, I don't even finish the pack. I give them away and don't give a shit until next deployment.

I literally get shot at and have to clean up exploded/unexploded mortars that get launched onto base, and I quit smoking cold turkey, 4 times now. Your twink trap faggot ass can't even live in a regular society with movie theaters and cheesecake factories without needing to smoke from the "stress" you think you have.

What a faggot.

I work on an ambulance in a really busy system. Also it's offputting trying to make yourself sound more important than you are

What's offputting is being an adult who makes fasles assumptions about what someone said, and then makes judgments based off those assumtpions.

I never said I was important. No one is important. No one means anything. At all.

What I am saying is the fear of death causes more stress than just seeing it, and I still stop smoking whenever I want. I do it more out of boredom than stress when deployed. Get over yourself. Your little ego got hurt, and now you have a sads. user needs a little kiss-kiss on his tum-tum because he's realising he's only been making excuses so he can keep smoking when the reality is he's just a weak person :,(

Think about death. I mean sit your ass down, think about your life and think about what death means. If you don't quit, you will not die fast. You will die slowly, spending nights gasping for breath. Your life? Would have been a waste if you die young. You would die young, FOR NOTHING, you would die purely for a lack of willpower. This death is 100% avoidable, but you would die from it if you don't quit. Wouldn't you feel like your life was a waste? To die pointlessly? To die for nothing? Think about death, understand that you only live once, and you would be throwing it away if you don't quit.

I quit cold turkey after I had a cancer scare, it turned out only to be geographic toungue, but now I'm 23, and will be forever afraid of cancer.

>smokes everyday
>doesn't understand how people get addicted

I just quit after smoking 10 a day for years. Try menthol tooth picks if you need something for you hands to do. Fresh squeezed orange juice with half a teaspoon of cream of tar tar helps quicken the detox as well and helps heal your cardiovascular system.

Oh ok then

bump for interest

friend, my first pack of cigarettes took me over a month to finish

t. jarhead

SSRIS and xanax

>reading comprehension
I said some days I don't even smoke and don't think about it
My first pack prolly lasted a couple days. But it averages about a pack a week, although I've only been smoking in and off for a year

I gradually lowered my smoking for 3 months. By then i was doing only 1 cig per day (more when i was drinking). And after that i was able to quit completely, went for a run every day for two weeks and suddenly i didnt have any cravings or anything. Now i've been clean for 2 years :)

Been on ssri's before. Never again

>I quit smoking
>4 times

Don't be a pussy and have some will power. I used to smoke a pack a day and then I realized I'm not a pussy and am not gonna let a drug control my life.

>tfw midnight smoke and coffee
Feels good man.

Fuck SSRIs. Whilst it did help with anxiety for a period of time, it made me feel hollow and shitty. Instead I just stopped taking it and started exposing myself to anxious situations and eventually grew out of a lot of it. Still have some "anxiety" but that'll eventually pass too.

Smoking is so stupid. You look like a massive queer faggot sucking on those little rods. Your literally paying a corporation to destroy your health.

Firstly, cutting down is the most retarded way to try and quit. Think of it like this, if you were addicted to heroin, would you cut down? Just have a little bit when the withdrawals get too bad? No.
The same applies to smoking. In cutting down, all you are doing is keeping yourself physically addicted to the nicotine, and reminding yourself how good it feels to kill the withdrawals, which just reinforces how bad it feels to be in withdrawal.

Physical withdrawal from nicotine lasts 72 hours, and is less severe than caffeine withdrawal.
The mental side of withdrawal is what makes quitting hard. Because smokers have every little part of life tied to nicotine, like and his coffee. The relief of cravings alongside a normal daily activity makes the smoker think that the smoking is enhancing that activity. Really it is just making it less bad, by removing the craving for nicotine that is always hanging over them (that wouldn't be there to remove if you quit).
The key to quitting happily is to untie the relief of withdrawal from daily life, and instead see it for what it is - satisfying an addiction. Its like enjoying silence after asking someone to scream in your ear for half an hour.

Read Allen Carr's book, as it addresses these issues and makes quitting really damn easy.
I smoked for 8 years, up to 20 a day by the time I quit, and I dropped it happily the moment I finished that book.
No telling you you're gonna die, no telling you you're a bad smelly person or other annoying high horse bullshit.

I know you will say, like everyone who quit with this book did before reading it, "how can A BOOK help me stop smoking?"
It costs $5, or free if you download it which is easy enough to do. You've literally nothing to lose by giving it a read.

I quit smokes by using swedish snus. Cigarettes are for women.

I was in Italy a bunch of times and they sell 8-cig packs. It's really nice.

nice, will DL that book tonight

recently I started repeating the mantra, "this is poison, I'm poisoning myself for no reason" when I have a smoke

morning coffee and after meals will be the hardest

what do if you like traditional spliffs?

This is the problem when people switch to vaping. They don't lower the dose, and still have the same cravings.

>No telling you you're gonna die, no telling you you're a bad smelly person or other annoying high horse bullshit.
I ended up grabbing a library copy. Reading it now, it's so refreshing because of this.

I hate the snarky passive-aggressiveness of non-smokers. It's like, you're fat/bald/ugly/circumcised/a chink/wearing a smartwatch/addicted to social media/can't use silverware/speak a low-class accent/whatever. All the losers who bitch about fake bullshit like "secondhand smoke" should fix themselves first

I have quiet twice. Once with 16 after three years of smoking. Then I picked it up again two years ago when I was 23 and I have quit again 3 months ago.

The process was always the same. Reduce the daily nicotine intake, then switch to nicotine gum. Then replace nicotine gum with regular gum.

I don't really have the urge to smoke anymore, only when I am drinking.

you still get cancer from that shit.

Teeth cancer that cant be treated.

Just don't be a pussy and stop buying them. that's what I did

[spoiler]of course now i'm addicted to xanax[/spoiler]

>was full on alcoholic for three years, 80lbs overweight because of it
>desire to drink was gone within two weeks of quitting

>smoked 3-6 cigarettes a day now and then for a while
>six months later still periodically find myself wanting to head to the car to buy a pack

Brain chemistry is a spooky fucking thing, I'm glad I stopped when I did.

Ughhh midnight smoke and coffee is the best. And ssri's really fucked me up way worse than the shit I was dealing with. I get nightmares still but that's really about it.

Kek

I have one more cigarette hopefully this is my last one about to go smoke it now

You could always out-edge yourself and flush it down the toilet.

Addiction confusion, bro.

Nicotine is no more addictive than caffeine
When I learned that it helped me quit for some reason

I just smoked it, now I just have to not bum cigs off my mom

> understand that you only live once.
speak for yourself pleb tier yolofag.

you'll want to quit when you can't breath anymore

look up smoking hypnosis from barry eisen
pretty sure im cured

Just stop. Cold turkey.

After I started vaping, cigarettes started tasting like garbage. It's a useful way to cut nicotine, im down to 3mg

Patch

Smoking on the patch gave me the sweats and heart palpitations. I just slapped one on every morning and afternoon and quit smoking entirely in the course of a week.

>Any help quitting nicotine
I'll give you the advice Veeky Forums keeps giving fatties, which is "hahaha How Is Nicotine Addition Real Shit Nigger Just Walk Away From The Cigarettes Hahahaha!".

Yeah not that east controlling additions is it you fucking skeletons with overclocked metabolisms.

Chantix works. You'll have messed up dreams but it works.

The level of denial is surreal

I only managed to quit because I am a stubborn asshole with anger issues.

I turned it into a "fuck you, I do what I want" thing, which is funny because thats the same mindset that got me to start smoking in the first place.

why would you quit? cigs are good for you. Youre didnt actually buy all that propaganda right? Cigs keep estrogen down and test up.

But u might as well vape if ur gonna smoke cigs instead

This, my throat hurts so fucking bad if I smoke every day so I just dont smoke for like a week and when it get better I just smoke when I drink or after fucking

Take a shitton of mushrooms and think of how terrible cigs are for u. U will have a bad trip but u wont want to touch a cig ever again in ur life

youtube.com/watch?v=l27zWo7hbcY

I quit for a few months after new years. broke down and bought a pack of lucky strikes after having a shitty day at work. they make me sick now and every time i have one i get a bad headache and nausea

most folks I know are started at high nicotine, like 12-28mg, and are at 3 or 1.5 where available.

You shouldn't have smoked it
cold turkey is the hardest way to quit, best course of action is to stretch a pack and thus gradually lower the amount of nicotine and other substances within cigarettes that you get in a day

I'm starting to like nicotine gum better than smoking. I always thought cold turkey was the only way but nope. Nicotine gum only for the past two months and it's been a breeze. Probably going to drop from 4 mg to 2 mg pretty soon so we will see how that works

Lol that is so wrong though. Whoever said that has a retarded definition of addictive

Cigs are cool faggots. Keep smoking faggots

This. You also need to remind yourself of all the negative aspects.

>gives you a high so your nervous system compensates by creating lows after smoking
>causes agitation and anxiety
>makes you smell like shit
>makes your breath smell like shit
>any woman worth your time will find it disgusting
>will kill you when you're older
>a horrible death, not an easy one
>costs a ton of money
>you could buy lots of shit you actually need and travel with that money

Just chewing gum is very helpful. Having a girlfriend who doesn't like it also helps immensely. Looking at how nasty other smokers' teeth are will give you some encouragement too.

Too bad smoking cigarettes is one of my favorite things to do when tripping balls.

>snus
Have fun with coupling that receding hairline with a receding gumline

quit smoking after 2 years of half a pack a day
this is how it went for me
>1st week coughing up black stuff, body susceptible to temperature changes(a breeze and i start freezing)
>2nd week same as first week
>3rd week stopped coughing up stuff, body still susceptible to temperature changes but less extreme, craving to smoke that virginia tobacco
>4th week forgot what it felt like to smoke completely
havent had a craving since even around smokers
itll be tough but its worth it
able to save a shit load of money, cigarettes here are 8-9 a pack
not smelling like shit
dating wise it you can now date women who dont go for smokers at all
no more needing to go outside every hour or 2