Whats a good linear progression program thats like 4 days a week trains main lifts multiple times a week

Whats a good linear progression program thats like 4 days a week trains main lifts multiple times a week

Other urls found in this thread:

docdroid.net/TZ5b62C
docdroid.net/cipUhzV
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Starting strength

Is there a version without Olympic lifts

Also interested in this.

Greyskull lp

I thought Greyskull was also 3 days?

here OP

There are no olympic lifts in SS. Hang cleans or power cleans are not olympic lifts. Frickin' do rows if you're scared.

How's this one? Also 3 days, though.

Try 5/3/1 boring but big

does every lift twice a week
4 day a week program
dunno if it's linear progression because its basically a warmup to an amrap for a heavy set or a 5x10 @50~70% on the alternate day so its probably an intermediate routine but its still pretty good

it depends on your current level, I can only see a "blueman" and this tells us only part of the story (for example, we should consider that symmetricstrength's results are adjusted per professional bodybuilder's weights and you're unlikely to be in the suggested weight range for your height). Knowing your height and for how much you've lifted so far is a complimentary but necessary information.

I'd suggest to draw your own routine using linear periodization and this
docdroid.net/TZ5b62C
docdroid.net/cipUhzV

Once you're out of the total-novice territory please disregard meme routines, "standard" routines, "fancy name" routines and routines tailored for someone else; even worse if this "someone else " is someone on a totally different level than yours (there's this trend going on here sometimes to suggest sheiko to non-oly, non-professional lifters)

Once you've drawn a routine for yourself, stating your goals, your current level and so on you may ask for suggestions and even understand if those suggestions are good for you

that's good only for beginners
please, pretty please with sugar on top, stop suggesting it to literally anyone.

>amrap
that always triggers my "into the trashbin it goes" reaction

Yeah don't listen to this guy. Lifting does not have to be this complicated, especially for blueman

Google n-suns 5/3/1 LP. Download the 4 day spreadsheet, plug in your numbers and see fast and consistent gains for a long time.

fair enough, couldnt think of anything else to say other than max set or something

There's nothing complicated. The relevant portions of those books can be literally read during gym rest times in a week. It will save him some time and it will aid him along all its Veeky Forums journey.
You're spreading yet another meme-tier pre-made spreadsheet from someone claiming
>DISCLAIMER: I am not an expert on lifting, these are just a few of the things I’ve thrown together over the last couple years
I've spread academic references, the second volume is an even faster TL;DR version.

His "broscience" may be applicable to others but a routine has at least to be understood and adjusted.

There are different approaches to training and while I agree that knowledge is good, no one is actually going to read a book in their rest periods.
You don't really have to know how something works to make it work.

Here's my case for n-suns:

n-suns routine has a nice mix of volume and intensity. It is autoregulating, has a bunch of complimentary exercises that help each other in a major way like incline and close grip bench that will help your bench press and keep sessions from becoming too boring.
You get to pick your own accessories according to your weak points.
And while n-suns does not claim to be a expert, his routine has worked for a lot of people.

If I could do it all again, I would just do Greyskull for a few months and then jump on to n-suns routine.

upper day 1
bench
ohp
row
pullup

lower day 1
squat
deadlift
weighted plank
back extension

upper day 2
ohp
bench
row
chinup

lower day 2
deadlit
squat
weighted plank
back extension

idk i just made this up but u can add accesories to upper days but for lower days keep it as is. things to add for upper such as curl, extensions, facepull, but no compound only isolation

>no one is actually going to read a book in their rest periods.
I did, and I'm not the only one.
>You don't really have to know how something works to make it work.
Oh no, you have to know exactly what you're doing. You have to know your form. You have to know what to do if you have to change something due to your IRL schedule. You have to know which muscles you're targeting and how you're targeting them; if it makes sense to throw in an accessory work, if it makes sense to go for more volume, if it makes sense a 30'' rest or a 5' one. You have to know which rep ranges are better for a muscle group, no matter your goals. You have to know how to properly schedule periodization to optimize rest and gains. You have to know how to value suggestions to your schedule coming from reddit spreadsheetters or from IRL bros.

You don't have to get a degree in medicine and you don't have to go too much in depths about long/fast/slow twitch fibers and so on; but that's not what those books are about.

You don't have to know how to build a car to drive one, but you goddamn have to know what a brake is, regardless of the fact you decide to rely on someone telling you when you have to use it.

>a lot of people
anecdotal evidence spread over the internet is always fascinating. I don't doubt it works, many thing works for beginners and novices. It's lifting things up and putting it down. Still they can save a lot of time (and even more time if they intend to reach an intermediate level) knowing what the hell they're doing and why. The sooner the better.

As one of those Ph.D suggests, you have to enjoy what you're doing, especially in the gym. Some people prefer to know what they're doing, and I believe that's the correct route and that it will pay in the long run. Other people (like you) are perfectly fine with pre-made spreadsheets and have fun with trial-and-error; they like going in circles asking for new routines with fancy names. To each their own I guess.

this looks good, simple but effective

TM Tempmate

Upper Volume(5x5 90% Of heavy day)+Accessories
Lower Volume(same as above. dls 3x3 at 95)+Accessories
rest
full body lifts at 80 percent of volume day
rest
Full Body weekly max day
rest

Candito's LP
also known as the only non-shit LP for bench

TM is a periodized program tho

fuck didnt reas the op fully and got excited.

TM 4 day split.