So, what about "Squat every day"?
Do you have any experiences with it?
What's your opinion?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=apl-xtn_wJ4
t-nation.com/training/dispelling-the-glute-myth
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

youtube.com/watch?v=apl-xtn_wJ4

I do it every other day. 3 times a week i feel more would be too burdensome for the body.

what kind of fag does not squat every day?

>Start doing squats
>Feel quads burning
>Nothing on the glutes
Why?

Try lower bar.

I get the same thing with high bar, so I tried low bar for a couple weeks. I really felt my quads and hamstrings working, plus I could get lower and lift heavier

Unfortunately, I also got "squatters shoulder" as a result and it affected my performance on bench and OHP, so I had to go back to high bar

read squat everyday by Matt Perryman its pretty well written and is relevant if you havent

*"glutes and hamstring" is what I meant to say

>squatters shoulder
Did you recover? Candito has a vid on that, putting your elbows up a la Rippetoe might help.
>t. taking a week of lowbar squatting because of the same issues

Yeah, my shoulder is perfectly fine when I do high bar. Been doing them for years, and it only took me a week or so to get better since I hadn't been doing low bar very long when the discomfort got too much.

Tried it.

Made huge squat gains.

Got severe patellar tendonitis

It's a bad idea and will decrease your potential long term. It should only be considered when elite, Mike T talks about it.

Used to squat 4 days a week before head injury. Now I head severe headaches and can passout when I push myself with heavy weight like that.
When I did I went from 135 starting to 245 in 3 months.

I hit the squat rack every day for a month earlier this year and my knees have never been the same. I can still hear the clicking in my nightmares. I set myself up for a wheelchair at 50 with that shit, bad idea!

doing it every other day gained 20 kilos squat gains in less than 2 months but got the bone hurting juice

I do it. I train bulgarian weightlifting.

I either squat or front squat every day.

I got a lower back strain.

great way to injure yourself if you do it badly.

great way for insane squat gains if you do it wisely.

Swap out different squats (integrate front squats, lunge squats etc) and do cycle volume/high weight

It's ok but as an amateur lifter it's better to stick to conventional shit. TM, HLM, split, whatever will give you the same gains.

I like squatting every day when I get injured though because low volume and high frequency and intensity don't aggravate my injuries at all (typically inflamed tendons and muscles).

very hard to do for long time without roidiing, but if you want roids in order to squat every day you are excused in my book

knee dominant squat, you squat with using your knees travel foward than sitting back with your butt

its ok you just quad dominant squatter, you can try to squat with your butt but it will probably be unnatural for you desu

Because you're using your quads more than your glutes and hamstrings.

You squat heavy every damned day.

You get better at heavy squats. You eat a fuckton. Lifts go up.

The only downside is that I could either fuck all night or I didn't give a damn

Did this for awhile. Still only squated heavy once a week (one day diddys, one day power cleans), but I'd do high rep sets of 115 or 135 to finish every set.

Good growth but wore my back out. Sled push is probably a better option for daily leg work.

And before anyone says "115, dyel!!"

Try setting a timer for 10 minutes and doing as many full squats as possible with 115, no racking, it's fuckin brutal.

>Sled push is probably a better option for daily leg work

says the guy who squats for 10 mins with 115 lmao weak shit

Squat is for quads, just do hip thrust if you want a bigger glute. t-nation.com/training/dispelling-the-glute-myth

Added 95 lbs in 4 months with about 2 weeks worth of missed work out.
305 to 400 highbar beltless.
Front squat 260 to 335x2

Glutes only get used when your driving your hips forward at the end to lock out. Squats are a quad dominant movement no matter if it's high or low bar. You want to hit the glutes do some hip thrusts or lunges or deficit deadlifts

Front squats beltless as well

Clarence says that for most people squattong three times as week is just as good. Squatting every day will probably not increase your gains proportionally to the extra effort so not worth it unless you really really really want to maximise your squat strength.

This.

It came from Bulgaria as a way of coaching elite weightlifters. As a weightlifter who trains Bulgarian, squatting every day makes perfect sense.

If you're not training the aforementioned way, squatting every day is retarded and a waste of time.

Then where does this squats for quads meme come from?

Squats for glutes I mean*

Because deep squats still rely on hip extension to complete the lift, especially low bar squats.

My hips could not take it.

Are you stretching enough? Hip issues really shouldn't be a problem with squatting.

>tfw love squats
>tfw hate doing squats because I have to look at my face in the mirror

Doing squats for a month now, twice a week. I can't even begin to imagine how the fuck people are squatting this insane fucking weights?
I CAN'T squat two 20kg plates 4x12. How the fuck people are squatting with 100+kg?!

Increasing your volume:frequency will increase your gains. It's basically like smolov.

That said smolov isn't fun and I don't want to live in a gym

its not fun, very difficult mentally.