Progress Thread w/ or w/o Stats

S: 200kg
B: 110kg (haven't progressed due to injury)
D: 200kg

2 year lifting anniversary in 2.5 months. Started my cut a couple of weeks ago. Hopefully I'll be reasonably good looking at the 2 year mark in august.

Other urls found in this thread:

gumroad.com/l/jpMqG
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Bro where is your chest

Yeah I know. I need to start doing some more high rep work + add some accessories for chest.

>2 YEARS
>hopefully I'll be reasonably good looking

Uhhhh dyel? 2 years for *THIS* ????

I lift half those weights but look better than you. Strength is such a meme.

you put a lot of muscle that isnt fat, if you want to be ripped just cut if you want to keep stronger mantaince and do your thing

I'd say drop to 14-15% and maintance

ppl here will either hate or hate saying that you just got fat which obviously isnt true and you putted a lot o muscle

good work user

strenght is where trying to be literally better version of yourself comes, bodybuidling or aesthethics is just extreme modeling which isnt manly

facts

what is it with fit and horribly disproportionate lower bodies?

Did you do any sports before lifting?
At what stats did you finish your LP?

height?

Also, picture from a decent fking angle?

Same but I bench 225 (that's in pounds, yurocucks) for 5. My chest is at least twice the size of OP's and I've only been lifting since November.

Lifting for strength is for uglyfags that wouldn't benefit from an aesthetic body anyways.

I sat on my ass playing video games all day. Never done sports. This is a pic from my first day at the gym. Squatted 40kg, benched 30kg and deadlifted 50kg if i remember correctly.

Don't really remember what stats I had by the end of my LP

Damn, impressive progress. How long did it take you to lift 100 kg for the first time?

lmao that angle isn't doing you any favors

Starting strength

For which lift? Squat? Probably 4-5 months

You dont look like you lift.you should roid you have low test

Being strong doesn't equal being good looking, low bodyfat does
Also, have you ever heard of strength training for a sport instead of going to the gym 5 hours a week and not doing shit for the rest?

lol

>200kg squat in 2 years starting as skeletor
>low test

my nigga...

Thanks senpai. I'm cutting down a weight class so that I can set a new national record for the squat. Not sure what bf % i'll be at once i'm done cutting. Don't even know what % i'm at now. About 7kg left to lose though, so I'm curious to see what I'll look like regardless.

>tfw I have the same chest as you with roughly the same bench weight

I guess some of us are just never meant to have decent chests

>that's in pounds

Oh, like the money? Do you have to tip the gym your pounds for letting you use it?

he has pretty good strength, but he done fucked up neglecting hypertrophy work. Don't expect to get big with pure low rep strength training, his legs are smaller than those of some guys that just do low weight BB leg machine work

switch to a BB/powerbuilding (atleast) routine for a while, if you go back to strength training you won't lose mass anyway on a surplus later on

It's not enough weight for pec development

you can get pec development with half the load you low IQ retard

hell, you can get proper pec development with meme-tier scooby accessory flies and other stupid shit, and cable stuff too

Is is really that bad considering the starting point though? Legs, chest and arms look about twice as big. You can't really add an insane amount of muscle as a natty in a few years anyways

Well i posted in this before. I guess ill post again.

7 months work
6'3
174lbs > 203lbs

Bench 5x5 225
Deadlift 5x5 350
Didnt do OHP
Didnt do squats because fucked up lower back. I didnt even do deadlifts until a month ago.

I did PPL. And i payed no attention to diet, just that i get enough protein.

how old were you when you started?

>you can't really add an insane amount of muscle as a natty in a few years anyways

you're wrong, it's the opposite regarding timescales - natty gains are not steady unless you train like shit. If you get optimal hypertrophy you can close in on ~95% of your natty limit just with noob gains alone

guy in the OP isn't anywhere near though, there are many points lagging. And inb4 some butthurt PL that neglects hypertrophy coming with the "phantom mass" non-argument, i.e. thinking he will somehow gain mass after a cut.

download eatingtowin

gumroad.com/l/jpMqG

very good for powerlifting/strenght training to cut or bulk and stay within 10-15% bf (after few years of lifting you really want more like mantain than cut or bulk)

also download some app so you can IFFYM and no stupid rice chicken ed every meal bullshit, I preffer fitatu

Thanks man. Why'd you stop posting in /plg/?

I do still, I just dont have so much time to shitpost as I work now and learn

Oh well. Nice to know you're still there from time to time.

wait a fucking second will I look like this if I keep doing SS and training for strength?

Have I been memed by the sticky?

it depends on your diet, op clearly bulked to high bf

You're supposed to build a strength base with it. It's your own choice whether you want to chase numbers of looks afterwards.

>lifting for strength

looking good there OP lol

you'd make a killing in the baby shower business, literally looking like a giant newborn

Can you elaborate more on the routine

Lay off the lower body work a bit and focus on your upper body. You don't wanna end up being a full SS victim. Get your arms, shoulders and chest up then you'll look good. Can't say anything about your back since you provided no pictures but other than that not bad OP keep going

Wouldn't instantly insult OP he is doing well for having started only 2 years ago
But yes strength is pretty much a meme for acquiring aesthetics
You'll be forced to get stronger in order to achieve progressive overload over time but it'll stay in the sub 200kg range except for deads maybe. But aesthetics doesn't "recquire" you to lift big in the big 3. Helps but it's more about overload and volume than intensity.

sup Veeky Forums

3 months ago my GF of 5 years left me, which was a huge wake-up call to stop being such a fucking slob.

I started strict keto with -500 kcal deficit and went from 85kg / 187lbs at 6' to 76kg / 167 lbs right now within 10 weeks.
Saved up money and purchased a home gym, started SL 5x5 3 weeks ago.

I used to lift 2 years ago, but just a shitty brosplit with crap results.

Can I get a BF-% estimate?

Should I:
- continue cutting
- eat at maintenance
- clean bulk
- continue keto?

I have severe problems estimating how I look. Should I shred more fat before eating more?
Not a single item of my clothes fit me anymore, they look like clown clothes.
The deficit is really making me low energy and I'll probably stagnate on SL soon.

Thanks.

More from today.

What is it with normies and disproportionately small legs?

"Didn't do squats because fucked up lower back" - sounds like you did it wrong. I'm 6'5 myself, and technique and form is alpha omega on squat, for some, if not, all tall guys..

>lay off the lower body work

I'm chasing the national record for the squat (which is why I'm cutting). I'm hoping to add some mass to my upper body when i'm done cutting now that I'm not injured anymore. Maybe I'll do some meme bb programming for my upper body - would be a nice change of pace anyways.

Gonna try to be honest:
1.) shit genetics in terms of aesthetics especially your hips
2.) cut down for just a bit more maybe 4 weeks
3.) afterwards you better bulk religiously and focus on upper body almost exclusively. Strong legs would only acentuate your bad hips. Bring up your calves tho. Train shoulders and lats minimum twice a week.
4.)(optional) start blasting. From the looks of it you have low test, bad structure and not a lot of muscle naturally. So i'd recommend to blast and cruise. Get hormone and bloodwork done and then head over to r/steroids and read the whole wiki. Perhaps get someone to help you. Either coaching or somebody you know.

Best of luck you faggot

laying of the lower body work is stupid as fuck, dont listen to him, shit will even up after sometime

show me anybody lifting srsly 3+ without even up body

your legs wont grow to inifnity for fuck sake

Would all of what you said apply to me too?

Yeah, the hips are pretty bad.

But I'm not going to use steroids in my first year of lifting.
I'm probably low-T but I'll confirm with bloodwork.

Can you estimate BF-% rightnow as of ?

Your hips are nothing compared to mine. It's a nightmare, I have to buy pants 2 sizes larger despite the rest of my body being relatively normal.

nope, you just have love handles which is fat

your case isnt bad at all compare shoulder with to waist ratio of you and guy that you related to

measure neck and waist and post here measurments so I can tell you accurate

Cheers guys guess I just have a bit of body dysphoria. Feeling motivated now though

Maintain till your strength gains plateau (won't be for a few months) then lean bulk for the next 2 years whilst lifting consistently on a good program.

Neck: 13 inch, 33cm
Waist: 30 inch, 76cm
Hips (pants line): 92cm, 36 inch

20% bf, still shit ton of cutting to do

also adding weight to lifts will be very hard for you as you arent build to lift which is all written in your neck size 14.5-16 inch is average neck size

Neck size implies strength potential?

I know my hips are pretty bad, but isn't this fixable simply by hitting my obliques and broadening my shoulders?

How the fuck am I supposed to do any beginner program if I'm not "allowed" to squat heavy because it would "accentuate" my hips?

I'm skeptical about all of this. Please elaborate and quote.

bigger naturally your neck is you can have lower bf with wider waist and wide waist makes lifting heavy shit easier

look all top lifters how big theirs necks and waists are

big waist and neck are needed for thicc mode too, but not good for aesthethics as you look like a solid tank not bodybuilder

> haha user i thought you lifted weights?
> then why are you so fat?

b-b-but strength i-i-is manly... a-a-aesthetics is for pussy's

The lighting sucks a bit so you perhaps look softer than you are. But you're somewhere in the 13-16% range i'd guess.

You're good dude. Maybe a tiny tiny bit with the hips but as the other user guessed it'll be love handles most likely.
I'm just assuming you don't really lift but you don't look too bad for a start.
2 tips:
1.) get into a serious program and start bulking
2.) shave the hair on your stomach and maybe even your chest. Stances vary on this but it improves aesthetics a good bit. If your goal is something like bear or thicc mode tho you don't need to

id say squat anyway, just not as much as ss told you to, do program where you squat only 2x a week

upper/lower approach is better in your case

look up jonnie candito linear progression and just embrace the fact that you cannot be looking like most dudes so there is no point of trying, be strongest version of yourself not some non possible target

your legs are actually very small for your hips (which are bones not muscles so why the fuck you care) and Im gonna bet most of your jeans looks baggy on quads areas beacsue of it, you want to squat to have it filled out user

S - fucking pathetic, last time I tried it was 120kg for 3. I rarely do it because I walk 10 miles a day in my job.
B - 110kg x5
D - 220kg x5, 260kg x1

I have hard time being fat even eating a fucking lot and being ~225lbs beacuse of 6'4 :(

would want to be fat bear mode tho

You're putting him on the guilloutine man. He'll be fucked with huge quads. Sadly the bone structure makes it all a delicate operation. He'd have to isolate the lower part/teardrop part of the quad to make them look good otherwise he'll be gay powerbottom mode. 2x a week squatting will fuck him.

very nice user, you squat is very weak but its okay if you really walk that much ~5 times a week, no time for you to really hit regeneration for you

than do 1x lower a week, 2x upperbody

he wont be aesthethics anyway, he can be strong tho with muscles and thats what I would aim if this would be me

thanks. Yeah I work as a mailman. The amount of walking is more than detrimental to leg training, I'm pretty sure its directly catabolic, I've tried eating like a fat shit and training legs more often, but I always seem to hit a wall with progress really fast.

Yes, I get it, I have broad hips.

But you say it like I'm some kind of genetic freak that can't even do a regular beginner program.

Can someone confirm that this is really abnormal?

The last time I posted a progress pic I got like 3 people unironically saying "these hips are made to squat" or some shit.

There's tons of people with broad hips on other forums that did amazing transformations, while doing regular 5x5 SL. I don't want to do some half-assed upper body priority program.

its not possible to add and add weight on squat with so much walking, look 10 miles runners, even when you do it a lot slower that is anyway a shit ton of cardio for you to much for legs to regenerate

If I play basketball day after volume squats im unable to jump and land safe beacuse my legs collapse, and I dunk normally

I didnt mean you will be freak or its abnormal, Im saying that you need to embrace it and dont give that much shit, after few years of lifting it will probably be gone completly

guys on this board are just to much muuh aesthethics and total insecure, I would do ss anyway even with your hips, but Im all about strenght and I dont give a fuck what some guys on internet board that never talked to me think about my leg to torso ratio

its not that bad, hes just ego invested in saying that for whatever reason, you can still make it no probs, go for fridgemode instead of zyzzmode and youll make it

Of course there is people who have done amazing transformations even with such hips. But they still did their upper body homework brah.
On this new picture it looks not as bad as I thought it to be though. So be relieved man
You still have strong hips but your not that into the bad side of things or even klinefelters.
But as the other anons said you'll probably perform well in squatting and all that
Maybe going for strength is the right way for you but don't neglect upper body. I'm assuming you're worried about your looks and that's not uncommon. Almost everyone is at some point. So if you really wanna become the best looking you can be then I suggest moderate lower body work and a lot of upper body.
Something like PPL is probably your optimal scenario. Add in some more accessory work if you wanna go more than 3 times a week.

>I didnt mean you will be freak or its abnormal
>I would do ss anyway even with your hips
>Im all about strenght and I dont give a fuck what some guys on internet board

Thanks for clearing it up. I can take any amount of criticism, but I was actually getting worried with the whole genetically screwed for life part. Glad it's not the case.
Hard to get feedback anywhere so I really appreciate blunt honesty.

Yeah, that's exactly what I mean. Strength is the FOUNDATION. I need to become fucking strong first and worry about aesthetics later. Lift heavy with good form and eat right. The aesthetics will come later and already along the way.

>go for fridgemode instead of zyzzmode

>So be relieved man
>Maybe going for strength is the right way for you but don't neglect upper body.

That was part of my plan.

>moderate lower body work and a lot of upper body.

So, in summary, the plan is the following:
Stay in ketosis
eat roughly maintenance, maybe 100-200kcal deficit
do this for 4 weeks on regular SL 5x5.
then switch to a clean bulk (should be 73-74kg / 161lbs by then), +400 kcal surplus
do SL 5x5 for another 10 weeks
See where I'm at and possibly switch to a more upper-body heavy program

I'm gonna make it brahs. Thanks for the input.

From what you've showed in the newest pics you might just end up being one of those greek statues if you put on good size. Greeks loved the adonis belt and pelvis. Not too bad of a scenario man
I wish you all the best brah we're gonna make it.

January to June 1st
Fat to still fat dyel

6'
128lbs
This is before

Now I've been lifting everyday for almost 3 months
Be honest with me guys, am I gonna make it?

>that absolute lack of core

yes keep lifting. shave your beard, it's ugly

Yeah I know
Just waiting so I can look fresh for my new job
Thanks brah, my abs are visible in bad lighting if that means anything

Depends. If you put as much emphasis and intensity into the upper body work then you'll look much better than OP.

I'd add lateral raises, face pulls, curls, and a direct tricep movement at the end of workouts and you'll be good to go. Believe it or not, compounds aren't enough for the shoulders (the lateral and rear heads, anyway) and arms. You need heavy compounds to get big arms, but you also need direct arm work. One or the other doesn't cut it.

None of those will impede your progress or recovery. I'd also move the squats to after the main upper body movement. So bench/press, then squat, then pull, then the accessories I mentioned.

I've never had a press effect my squat, but damn near any tough squat will suck the energy out of you, and make you half ass everything else for the day in my experience.

>Neck: 13 inch, 33cm

Jesus christ wtf? Is this even possible as a male?

this is ultimate fridge mode, u need core and u need it bad

how is your neck 13 in? I'm a girl and mine is 13.25in, and I'm 5'6, 130lb for reference. What the fuck

You can see he has a fairly decent core it's just covered by the fat he carries around his stomach, which will probably be the last to go

Can you guys post your cores and current routine so I know what yo work towards?

I fucked up the measurement.
It's 39 / ~15 inches

t.satyr

Stop being radicalized and just shave the goddamn beard and stop thinking about blowing shit up

Never fails :-(

Were you bulking for the entire 7 months? How the hell did you gain hardly any fat in that time?

Posted in the last thread but am curious as to any recommendations on routine.

Currently doing alternating days of

DL/Chinup/OHP

Squat/Yates/Bench

I throw in various accessories such as Arnold press, dumbbell and hammer curls, bodyweight squats, mountain climbers, dumbbell flies, pushups, etc until I'm more or less exhausted.

I guess, up front, do I have any genetic potential or am I more or less fucked as far as that goes? Genetics aside, anything you all would recommend adding to my routine?

the physique is achievable natty but unless he lifted on and off at some point before this, he probably roided

>All that loose skin and thosd hips
Nothing can save you dude you're even worse off than the guy who posted earlier with his somewhat wide hips. You're just beyond fucked

START
60 lbs bench
40 lbs OHP
125 lbs squat
2 assisted pullups

NOW
230 lbs bench
135 lbs OHP
320 lbs squat
5 pullups with 45lbs, 15 bodyweight

Took 3 years. Pls no bully on the time frame.

Looking good breh. Aesthetic adonis belt i'm mirin
Just keep doing what you're doing it seems to be going good
Maybe a bit more arm and shoulder work just to get that SWOLE MANE look
But one thing: tan. Just a bit to get out of snowflake mode

Much appreciated, user. I was thinking the main critique would be abs but I can see how arms would be an issue. I've put a lot more focus into forearms than biceps.

Also I like being pasty white. The whiter the better as far as I'm concerned.

Did broshit-tier workout for a while and this is after 1 year break due to health stuff etc.

Started january 2017 (small pic) and after pic is from may.

6ft 2in, 255 lbs -> 230 lbs

B: 165 -> 264
S: 176 -> 418
D: 264 -> 462

Thank god for muscle memory.