CARDIO KILLS GAINS

I REPEAT, CARDIO KILLS GAINS!

This is not a drill! I was an avid gym goer, making all kinds of gains, sometimes girls complimented me, sometimes guys - they wanted to have muscles like me.

Anyway, last summer I went to a local parkrun (if you don't know, it's a timed 5km run every saturday, about 70 people in my area show up every time). It was ok, but I didn't care. Went a few more times, then run a 10k race and was done with it.

Or so I thought.

About 2 months ago I got an urge to go running. Idk what happened, I just went outside and run. Then started going to parkruns again. Then decided that I want to be better, so I started running more than once a week. I structured a nice training plan and run another 10k.

Then I got obsessed with this shit. I have a competitive nature and progression in running is something amazing. I trained for a month and have another 10k race coming and I know my time will be better. It was exhausting going to the gym and running 5 times a week, so I decided to drop the gym. In the gym, you either lift X kg or not... In running, you can push yourself and get a better time. Gym gives you strenght and muscles - I don't need either. I know I'm gonna be an autist forever, so it doesn't matter. In running, you can enter races and feel like a boss, even if you are slow. Old fags passing me and getting better times motivate me to get better.

I'm still a newbie, about 22min 5k so I have along road ahead, but I look forward to it. I stopped caring about my looks and I don't need to force feed myself anymore. I just wanna be faster. My big arms are useless for me.

So, be careful if you want to incorporate cardio into your routine. You may just kick yourself out of the gym.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2YXDd_NKhac
youtu.be/wv0iUKb80C8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>you can't do cadio and lift

I just lost interest in lifting, that's what this is about. I was a regular at the gym, now I don't care at all. It's just a friendly warning.

you lost interest in lifting because you run?

Some teen or pre-teen new to Veeky Forums thinking this is hilarious.

This joke is older than some of your teeth, OP.

yup

I know it's an old joke, but in my case it LITERALLY killed my gains. And yes, I find it hilarious. Everyday I look in the mirror and see myself shrinking but it doesn't bother me.

Bumping as a PSA

>cardio kills gains
Tour de France drivers legs proove you wrong

>tfw Kraftwerk will never make an album about lifting
Imagine what they could do with SHOOP AAH

Why are you responding with a music related post to me?

>Kraftwerk
Wasn´t that a early german electronic band?

Fuck yes Kraftwerk

Love Autobahn.

They are THE early german electronic band.
youtube.com/watch?v=2YXDd_NKhac
This album is great for working out.

I did 250+ once there...

Thank you, but I am more into Eurobeat for cardio,
It is so damn fast, it pushes further and further.
youtu.be/wv0iUKb80C8

Yeah, so your thread title was clickbait bullshit.

I too listen to SEB while running.

>be 6'5" 210lbs
>3600kcal TDEE maintenance

I can barely fucking eat enough to lift, much less play basketball after. I can't do any cardio or I won't gain shit.

I do that while biking, I finaly got my pace over 30km/h for one hour despite beeing a manlet.

>Deciding to stop going to the gym kills gains
WHAT THE FUCK

IM SHOCKED