/plg/ Panzer Lifting General

What ever happened to old georgey boy edition

Other urls found in this thread:

strongerbyscience.com/genetics-and-strength-training-just-different/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

posting version 2.0, use this version next time panzer

tfw /gde/

Lift for yourself, don't blame others, and you'll be fine.

I liked isley once

thanks, you too

If you try at first and you don't succeed
Try and try again

>"If you try, but don't really try hard, and the hobby is not really for you, then don't fruitlessly shitpost about it on a japanese cartoon board"

FTFY

You could be the worst lifter in the world but as long as you never give up you'll one day be one of the strongest

No.

t. 1st year lifting

t. doesn't understand genetics

t. 1st year lifting

"Furthermore, there are different versions of various genes that function a bit differently, while still being a part of that 99.9% similarity. For example, there are two versions of the ACTN3 gene (which we’ll discuss later) which plays a role in explosive performance. One version of the gene is beneficial for power performance, and the other version of the gene has a negative effect on power performance (and may have a positive effect on aerobic performance). So far, there are 22 genes like this that have been identified for strength/power performance, with one version of the gene being beneficial, and the other version of the gene having a neutral or negative effect."

"How much variability is there for getting jacked?

The short answer: A lot.

Before training, about 80% of the total lean mass differences between people can be explained by genetic differences. "

strongerbyscience.com/genetics-and-strength-training-just-different/

how do I get a body like isley

t. 1st year lifting

eat a lot without increasing your weights for a couple of years

Projection.

t. 1st year lifting

Don't be buttmad that you're a "low or non-responder".

Either keep lifting forever for intermediate stats, or find a new hobby.

I'm on it

t. 1st year lifting

t. 1st year lifting
(what does the t. mean)

t. 1st week lifting

t. 1st week of ftm transition

Okay trappy

t. 1st week ftm transition

not him, but there is literally no such thing as a non responder in PL. the difference between someone with all the good genes and someone with almost none of the good genes is way smaller than youre making out. the only ones that really matter are the ones that determine resistance to injury

especially as PL is an emerging sport. most of the top guys only have middle tier genetics. out of the total population the people with the actual good genetics either never train, or end up in more popular sports

>tldr: PL is a sport for GDEs. you can have shit genetics and still do well. for now atleast. maybe is 20 years an 800lb DL will be bully tier

Is somebody mad that he just found out that he's a gde? Or is he more mad that he can't use his name to act like a faggot today?

t. Rafael

You can say that the difference between a non-responder and a high responder is small or negligible, but you're wrong and your candy coating a hard fact

Not everybody gets to be big and strong, some people are just destined to be little bitches

Look around you. Seems like three-quarters of the people around here couldn't get to a four plate deadlift within a year. Sounds like non-responders to me

What if I got to 4pl8 squat in a year, but not diddly?

That means you're only a 66% dead end

nice

>Seems like three-quarters of the people around here couldn't get to a four plate deadlift within a year
Tbh they probably didn't train with enough tensity. Everyone on here seems like a beta.

What's the deal with so many people squatting more than they deadlift lately? Is it an indication of changing times in gym culture.
Example: 1/2/3/4 is out dated and with people squatting with proper frequency will the new standard be 1/2/4/4?

>intensity
Sorry for the misspelling guys.

Idk, I'm new to the general and have posted about it a few times the last couple weeks, might just be that.

as I said. the only truly important genetic factor is injury resistance. someone may be shitty out the gate, but if that GDE can stay injury free for 20 years, theyre going to get somewhere

these genetic tests are also very general. it doesnt take factors like leverages into account. someone could fail to reach 4pl8 dl in a year, but they could have goat leverages and squat and reach 5pl8 before that. thats not going to show up on a test for fibre types etc. the same thing can be applied to any specific sport. I could be shit at football but good at tennis. theres not "athletic/non-athletic" category

lastly. whats a GDE is changing all the time. 10-20 years ago, when raw wasnt really a thing, a 600lb dl was huge. now, with the internet and the popularity of raw, 700 is the new 600 and GDEs are pulling that left and right

When you're a guy with short femurs who low bar squats 3 inches above depth, a 4 plate squat can come very easy

its not just you. Ive posted about it to recently

So what you're trying to say, is that despite any genetic hand you're dealt, as long as you stick with it for 20 years a Disney Miracle will happen and you will have respectable lifts?

What if that lifter who is missing all the genetic markers for strength would dedicate his time to endurance events or rock collecting? Wouldn't he be a lot more successful?

When expectations meet reality, it can be a lot of butt hurt feelings around here.

I currently squat more than I diddly and for a while frog did as well. Also at my uni gym there's a few that do as well.
>he doesn't atg low bar
The bounce out of the bottom of a low bar is so much more powerful than a high bar. I unironically can squat more if I go below parallel than if I squat high or right at parallel.

I have a 220kg squat and a 227.5kg deadlift, but I put it mostly down to shit technique.

there no disney miracle. he doesnt just get to year 20 and gets a 100 wilks boost. he builds it over time

and maybe he realises rocks and running are both for gayboy nerds

>(what does the t. mean)
>newfag spotted

If a lifter doesn't get to 95% of their potential in three to five years, then they're wasting their time unless they just enjoy performing the activity

A nerd being successful at running is much less of a gay boy then some fag that's been Lifting for 5 years who can't pull 405 lb off the ground at an unathletic 200 lb

I highly doubt there is any 200lber that cant didlift 405 after 5 years. He would be a new breed of gde

literally the opposite of true. if you reach your peak and cant get stronger after only 3 years, you are the biggest GDE in the world

I dont think this describes anyone. theres a difference between being a GDE and being disables user

Brosplits>PPL>5/3/1>Sheiko>SS>TM

Bench bro.

Ooh I know somebody, Sean weighs 200 lbs, he's been Lifting for a decade, and he deadlifts 0 pounds

no u

Tbh he doesn't count since he just goes to the gym once every few months, half asses a couple sets, then whines about it on here before quitting for another few months.

You can't half rep a deadlift and pretend it was a full one as easily as a squat.

Supermang outdone him again

What ever happened to him? Did he snap his back one too many times?

got doxxed or some sht and he had a hot sister.

Is that girl on the left checking dubs?

You know, if a bunch of guys stood around a girl, mocking the fact that they would never sleep with her, it would probably make the national news as a hate crime

If I drink one coffee before every workout (3x week) will I get a diminishing effect or do I have to overdose for it to happen?

You're overthinking it

Have your cup of coffee and go lift

If you have a shity workout it's not because you've gotten used to a cup of coffee three times a week, bitch

I saw that he had a twitch stream and it said something about him nursing a back injury which isn't at all fucking surprising given his form

ThisDont be such a faggot, just drink some caffeine and lift

Thanks bros

what is GDE even, never heard of it except for here

>see fat as fatass with 140lbs set up in the squat rack
>think to myself "c'mon man you should be doing like 225lbs day one from carrying that ass"
>dude front racks the weight
>think "I guess front squatting that is better"
>dude proceeds to OHP it for a set of like 8
Boy, I sure am an asshole.

German Dominatrix Enthusiast

Thanks asshole, Now I have to go find a pet bird to love me.

>Implying your birdie would have bath time with you

Hello lads, i want to start with powerlifting. I have been doing a beginner strength program for a while and will soon start with an intermediate one, specifically Sheiko. I bought the phone app and i don't understand shit. Please help me understand what exercises/sets/reps i should choose.

TLDR: please help me understand Sheikos app

Gde refers to genetic dead-end. The cutoff for genetic dead-end is a failure to reach roughly a 450 lb squat, a 315 lb bench, and a 550 pound deadlift in about five years of training.

If you haven't hit at least two of those markers in five years of training, you should take up rock collecting because your genetics are not suited for strength training and you are wasting your time.

You wasted your money

Sheiko is what autistic people do when they run out of training ideas

Why did i even bother

>5 years
I think I might actually make these number before then. Does that mean I'm not a GDE?

Why are powerlifters so fat and ugly?

Do some self-reflection at 5 years and you'll have your answer

well I guess I need to at least get that done, those weights are my long term goal anyways lol

@ 385, 265, 410
"2 years"

If you're too lazy to look up the answer online, then you're too lazy to stick with Sheiko for more than a couple cycles

Good luck

Getting fatter lads

Can any of you fat cunts do a front lever?

I could do one at 93kg, not at 105kg.

>ugly
>fat

Nice one mate. Is that you in OP?

Y-yes
Spot where I could do a front lever.

Number 2? Lel
It would be extremely impressive if you could do it in the middle pictures and also hilarious.

i want to use your chest as a pillow

How do I become like Isley? He's my totem animal.

Guys be sure to pause at your patella when doing deficit deadlifts. It's the best feeling to rip the weight from that pause to a lock out.

I just 2000 calories in crepes on my cut

Am I isley yet

Needs to be a full tin of brownies

Isley has to have the most dramatic bulk in plg history

Like a fat bird falling out of the sky but in a good way

Been lifting a few years, decent lifts but still kinda dyel I'm wondering how to build some size. I have baby arms at just under 16", I'm 5ft11 and 97kg so for my weight they are tiny.

Lifts are 127.5kg bench, 195kg squat, 255kg DL @97kg

Hammer Curls and some kind of triceps hypertrophy. Supinated Curls are good for just tape measuring for a bigger number, but Hammer Curls will have a noticeable affect on overall volume.

Lads, I'm doing Nuckols 3x int med for bench with some upper body accessories, but I'm not getting any progress. Food is good, I pause all my reps and bench wide.
Any tips? Should I try a different program?

Close grip pressing. Close grip ohp. Weighted chins. Tricep pull overs. Curls. This shit isn't that hard, but your isolations aren't nearly as important as building strength in your big pushes and pulls.

Always had smoll arms and can confirm triceps and hammer curls are the secret to big arms

How many sets and how often?

I have never done any research on anything other than strength training, at the moment I have been doing 3x10 on a upper body day but it's doing jack shit.

4x8-12
That means you first set better be 12 and the other 3 sets should aim for 12 but be more than 8. Once you do 4x12 add more weight and but not too much where your last set is less than 8.
Pick your own frequency.