Keto general

Who /keto/ here? What's your menu like

Other urls found in this thread:

bjsm.bmj.com/content/early/2017/03/31/bjsports-2016-097285
sciencemediacentre.org/expert-reaction-to-editorial-on-saturated-fat-and-heart-disease/
cebm.net/cebm-response-saturated-fat-not-clog-arteries-coronary-heart-disease-chronic-inflammatory-condition-risk-can-effectively-reduced-healthy-lifestyle-interv/
linkedin.com/pulse/heart-disease-hypothetical-david-l-katz-md-mph-facpm-facp-faclm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

right now im eating a double bacon cheeseburger with lettuce instead of a bun, mustard and pickles.

fiveguys

Yeah nigga wassup. Lost 30 pounds so far. I eat ground beef, chicken, steak. Cheese and salami for snacks. Eggs and spinach for breakfast. Dark chocolate with some peanut butter when I need something sweet.

How are people losing weight on keto??

I swear I'm doing something wrong. Do you work out? Weights? Cardio?

Calorie count? What about the cravings for sugar?

Just gotta power through 'em and after a few days, they go away. Once your body adapts, it takes very little willpower to stay in ketosis. You feel sharp and energetic.

You have to make sure you're under 20g a day, and calories matter.

I do Intermittent Fasting so I make a really good pizza out of a mission low carb tortilla. It's ~1200 calories, 3500mg of sodium and like 60g of protein so I'm sort of close to my macros. It's so fucking good, been losing a pound a day.

Lost 20 lbs so far for a month, gained back 10 within a day (water weight). I did my cheat day and boy did I bulk up. I'm back to square one but I'm easily ketoadapted. Gimme 2-3 days.

>in calorie deficit
>not losing weight
Pick one. If you're not losing weight it's because you're not in a deficit.

Nigga you aint sjit

I wanted to try making crustless quiche because it looks so good

give me keto approved fiber foods

how do you guys eat enough on keto. I made a meal plan for a day and im like 1400kcals short of my tdee

basicly at 2100kcal and 3500 is my maintenance. Not on keto yet though I would like make some meal plans first so I get an idea when I hop on. Obviously I do not want to eat at maintenance lets say I eat at a 500kcal deficit which still would make me need to eat 900kcal more.

pic related is my mealplan
Stats are:
2154 kcal
29.5 g fiber
29 g carbs
168.4g fat
116g protein

I am a little short on protein though

pls respond

God damnit I love this aesthetic so much. Why can't Berlin look like this instead of a huge soviet turd?

Move to Hong Kong dude

basicly every leafy vegetable known to man

someone respond aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Height, weight, bf%?

lost 13kg so far. not counting calories.
lifting 3x per week and doing long walks.
shit seems too easy desu

pair keto with fasting desu

mix peanut butter and flax seed and down that shit with a whole glass of water between bites

why is that relevant dude

>frittata

Just meats and veggies I guess. Some tivtatasmdsains

Why do you need to eat that much calories? Are that much of a fatass?
If you want optimum results while doing keto, you need to do intermittent fasting and count your calories and macros.

Also, you need to eat your chicken with skin if you're on a Keto. You need the extra fat you can get.

macadamia nuts rule

is chicken skin even healthy, and no im not a fatass I'm fairly muscular but carrying some fat also and I burn a lot during training

Does anyone have info on mitochondrial growth during ketosis. I was listening to Mark Sissons JRE podcast and he mentioned it. Seemed like a buncha BULLSHIT.

Steak and eggs for dinner I love that shit so much

Unless it's been breaded, it's actually a good source of saturated fat for ketogenic diet. I eat fatty beef, pork, chicken because ketogenic diet demands higher fat intake and moderate protein. Too much protein intake would put you into gluconeogenisis, which converts protein into glucose and likely to kick you out of ketosis.

>is chicken skin even healthy?
>Unless it's been breaded, it's actually a good source of saturated fat for ketogenic diet

Ketotards are so out of touch with reality

Unless you want to eat fatty fish and avocados only for the rest of your life, be my guest.

>for the rest of your life
Keto is a crash diet, you're not supposed to follow it for long periods of time.

I used to think that aswell, until I did the research. You should read more on the topic and not from biased sources to avoid confirmation bias

>You should read more on the topic and not from biased sources to avoid confirmation bias

You mean I should read the biased pro-keto sources and ignore mainstream understanding of nutrition.

I make my own chocolate and macadamias help a lot.

It's not suppose to be a crash diet. You run better with fats as energy than carbs.

>You run better with fats as energy than carbs.

both figuratively and literally false

Your body's metabolism is entirely built around using carbohydrate as a fuel source.

Is that even true

Lets look at the energy stores in our body. Average person has maybe over a few kg of glycogen in their body, which of is mostly water.

Compare that to the stored bodyfat which ranged from 10-20% of the bodyweight. Keep in mind the body uses fats more efficiently so more calories are gained from fat. Why would the human body have in comparison insanely more fat stores if the body was designed to run on carbs. Doesnt make any sense

If anything it would mean that in order to preserve fat the body uses carbs to fuel everything when carbs are available, this says fats are more precious

Because we can store more body fat than we can store carbs, that means we're better at using dietary fat for energy? Body fat is the fallback fuel for when not enough energy is being eaten. Nothing implies it's the ideal source of energy.

Keto works but be careful about fiber.

Lost 15 lbs in 2 months(175-160), was really just baby fat before, but got hemoroid because didn't pay attention to fiber intake. Save yourself some pain buy some husk fiber capsule from Kirkland.

True your body uses carbs as a main source of energy, but it doesn't last you for a day. Unused carbs are stored in your body as fats, that's why it's recommended to do moderate to rigorous activity to burn it off. Carbs also makes you crave even more carbs because eating carby food hits your reward system in your brain, and you'll even go carb withdrawal if you haven't eaten any starchy food. Keto however, keeps you full even for days and you wouldn't even know you're hungry, that's why people do it with intermittent fasting because it's easy on Keto than a regular high carb diet.

Im not saying Keto is the perfect diet, but when I tried it and showed results and finally break my 7 months weight loss plateau in just a month.

then why do we get more calories out of fat than carbs? That means that the body is more efficient when it comes down to breaking fats

>Carbs also makes you crave even more carbs
Probally because carbs are burned off so fast, would make sense if thats the underlying mechanism

>eat bowl of sugar
>insulin spikes hard
>blood sugar goes very low
>signals brain: dude wtf why did you stop eating carbs keep eating

Doing a variation of fathead pizza.
So instead of making a bunch of dough I use
100 gram shredded mozzarella, 5 - 10 grams of(activated) almond flour, 5gram of shredded parmasan. mix that together so the fat of the cheese get the flour stuck. next you throw that shit in a pan, preheated or not idgaf as long as it melts and gets brown at the edges.
Now you can put whatever the fuck you want on top of it. usually I do pepperoni, cheddar cheese, cream cheese, bacon bits, mayo( like dressing) and seasoning, like salt(as if it wasn't salt enough) and oregano, shit it's pizza after all.
Then I dice it into 8 pieces and go to town.

On some days I'll get 3 meals like this. measuring around 650 - 800 calories per pie.

> Unused carbs are stored in your body as fats, that's why it's recommended to do moderate to rigorous activity to burn it off.

What does that mean? If you're in a calorie deficit, you don't need to any activity to "burn off" the carbs. If you're at a caloric surplus, any macro gets stored, although carbs are more likely to be stored as glycogen.

Fat is more energy-dense. It has nothing to do with how our body processes them, it's just an inherent quality of the macros.

I fucking forgot the "important" part.
As it gradually burns, making the bottom stiff, you can use a spatula to loosen it up.
Also you could, if you wanted to cut up some god damn broccoli, slice it from all thinkable ways, and then integrate into the bottom layer of cheese. makes for a "healthy" supplement to a fatbomb pizza.
Fuck I also sometimes pour some fucking pumpkin seeds and shit on it. just for "health"

>What's your menu like

Bacon, eggs, spinach, broccoli, coconut milk, and some kind of meat dish with butter.

I don't need to lose weight, I'm not sure if I want to stay on this diet.

>Fat is more energy-dense. It has nothing to do with how our body processes them, it's just an inherent quality of the macros.
That is factually incorrect

Carbs yield less energy because half of it gets burned off to make it useable in the first place. Read up on carbohydrate metabolism dude

Some people claim eating 3k-4k worth of calories but still manage to burn it off because they're on a keto diet. A friend of does this and he's still losing weight. I wanna go on a caloric surplus but I'm still new to this keto diet so I'm taking it easy and go for a caloric deficit.

A lamp using 100g of oil as its fuel will burn longer than a lamp using 100g of starch.

Not all energy production from carbohydrate is done in the absence oxygen. Aerobic glycolysis gives vastly higher phosphate potential than fatty acid oxidation except under conditions of overfeeding where there is futile cycling.

>Some people claim eating 3k-4k worth of calories but still manage to burn it off because they're on a keto diet.

We call those people liars. It's also in conflict with the usual keto claims.

>Keto kills your hunger dude, it makes it so easy to eat at a deficit, it's impossible to overeat, all the fat and protein is so satiating
>I'm eating 4k calories a day dude, I just eat all day and keto burns it all off bro

Which is it?

>tfw ApoE 4
Even after researching I don't know if keto is a good or bad decision with these genetics. Depending on what you read inefficiency with cholesterol transportation needs to be either compensated for with low fat or overcome with high fat.

I could ask my doctor for advice but I'm assuming from a GP the answer is just going to be that saturated fat and salt are the devil, which may or may not be true.

>I could ask my doctor for advice but I'm assuming from a GP the answer is just going to be that saturated fat and salt are the devil

Ack! Quick, search "saturated fat and salt are good for you fuck my doctor" on google and read keto blogs until your mind is at ease!

Phew, that was a close one. Stupid doctor almost got you

My friend does 4k worth of calories in one sitting and fast for 24 hours. I thought that would kill him but he's been doing it for 3 years. He does 3-4 times a week lifting too but he doesn't have any problem.

Fuck no. You're kidding right?

Do you just not eat or not make gains

>My friend does 4k worth of calories in one sitting

The fuck does he eat?

Do husk fiber capsules also have carbs? I have metamucile and it lists sucrose...but no nutrition information for macros apart from fibre

How long you been on it? HAAAVE you lost weight yet?

Honestly I don't even know. He smears everything on butter to make it more 'fatty' and ate a lot of avocados.

I think genetics play a large role in determining optimal diet, and blanket statements about certain types of food are ill advised, even if they may be generally true.

What do you even contribute in this conversation? As if your approach will convince anyone

I don't believe keto is supposed to be a lifelong thing...real keto started for people (children) with epilepsy that couldn't be controlled by pills (AZT and combos). Sure it worked for some of them and they had to stay on the diet, but no one talked about CVD or other related physiology problems in the long term.

That being said, keto science doesn't exist outside mainstream nutrition. Your friend might die of a stroke at 25.

Has.not.gone.away.

>bacon and eggs for breakfast
>some sort of protein with vegetables for lunch and dinner
>snacks involve lots of cheese and meat, keto desserts, pork rinds and fat bombs

best diet ever. I have not felt hungry in weeks and the weight just keeps melting off.

Depends on the brand, the one I have lists 1.3 gram of carbs per 3 cap, so I wouldn't worry about it.

2 months. I'm gaining on it. I switched because I noticed my mood improved when I started eating a high fat breakfast.

Not my job to convince people to not be stupid. I'm here to make fun of them

>my genetics mean I need to eat this pint of Ben & Jerries
>I'm just genetically fat
>smoking tobacco is in my genes, I'm cherokee bro

Dubs. You have my buy in

I'm sitting at about the same weight. I think I've noticed some definition, but I havent checked my bf%. I'm also lifting but not expecting much gains

My biggest problem with Keto that I don't know what to snack on

salami, cream cheese, pork rinds, 90%+ chocolate, beef jerky, pistachios, almonds, etc.

or learn to eat real only at meal times faggot

Pork rinds, pepperoni, nuts (measured for carbs) or cheese.

All I could say is he's pretty doing well, doesn't have any major complication and overall happy with his life after switching.

>overall happy with his life after switching.

Because he's found something that validates his desire to eat nothing but salty, fatty foods. I'd be happy on an all candy diet if I could delude myself into thinking it's not bad for me.

Are you me?

>3500mg of sodium
Gross.

Same. Salami, olive oil tuna cans.
I still get sugar cravings.

How else you doing though?

t. Industrial seed oil shill

bjsm.bmj.com/content/early/2017/03/31/bjsports-2016-097285

t. tinfoil ketard brainlessly parroting crackpottery

sciencemediacentre.org/expert-reaction-to-editorial-on-saturated-fat-and-heart-disease/
cebm.net/cebm-response-saturated-fat-not-clog-arteries-coronary-heart-disease-chronic-inflammatory-condition-risk-can-effectively-reduced-healthy-lifestyle-interv/
linkedin.com/pulse/heart-disease-hypothetical-david-l-katz-md-mph-facpm-facp-faclm

cottage cheese (high fat low sugar), avocado, eggs, all meats, nuts/seeds, all leafy greens, hard cheeses... pretty straight forward with the cooking and meal prep so its not extravagant but has alot of variety.

>do you work out?
Yes, and Yes.
SW for 5'9" manlet me was 190~ and ate 1800 cal -> now reduced to 1600 and

How long have you been on it?

Can you lay out a day of your diet? I know I'm doing something wrong but I cant figure if it's "hidden carbs" (that 1 carb per 3 slices of bacon...) Or what.

This right here. Never had a hemorrhoid in my life until I tried keto with out taking account of fiber. Restroom breaks stung lol

Holy fuck I started keto like four days ago and I feel unlimited energy. Why? Is it something else besides the keto or is it something about carbs

You need to eat fatty foods
>cheese
>meat
>half dried sausages
>jerky

can you guys give me some keto advice? everything I eat has some fucking carbs in it, I can never get below 56g of carbs. Am I just supposed to literally eat meat and cheese?

yes and veggies
I like to throw a cauliflower in the oven with olive oil on it and some salt and peper if you're looking for something that isn't cheese or meat

it should be mostly meat and leafy veggies with nuts here and there

Lunch
> a few hard boiled eggs
> protein shake w/ heavy cream and coconut oil

Snack
> vegetables and butter
> protein shake

Dinner - Omelette
> 6 eggs
> 5 pieces of turkey bacon
> broccoli + other vegetables

Dessert - Sorbet
> 1 cup greek yogurt
> 1 scoop protein
> Some heavy cream

I'm doing a 16/8 IF

Stats?

Workout?

How long now?

Net carbs goal?

thanks guys, it's such a pain in the ass. I've done it before but it's hard to start back up. Luckily though I've never hit the recommend 300g carbs so I guess that's good right?

Stats?
6' 180lbs

Workout?
5-6x a week
chest, back, shoulders, arms, legs, accessory shit
cardio 3x a week

How long now?
I've been eating a keto diet for ~15 years now, just recently started trying to cut the last few pounds for summer. The only real changes from my standard diet is the intermittent fasting and the removal of cheese/pig bacon (easy for me to eat too much of it).

I've dropped 2 lbs over the last week.

Net carbs goal?
20 carbs (mostly from the protein powder and the yogurt).

I was doing keto for a couple of months and recently started eating carbs after workouts which has noticeably increased my gains and recovery. Is it viable to eat keto on your off days and carbs on workout days? Or should I stick to one or the other? My goal is to get big and stronk and only started keto for the "mental clarity" and aversion to grains.

I was a 260lb lardass and lost 100lbs on keto. Then I fell for the SS meme and got really strong but gained 40lbs. Now back on the keto train, lost 20 of those lbs and still strong.

Bout to eat a giant ribeye for lunch. Love keto

Yeah, some people prefer to cycle their carbs depending on their workout days. I've heard of some people swearing by eating 25g of carbs before and after their workouts. There is also the exogenous ketones meme that's becoming popular. However, the best way to go about it would be for yourself to try it out and track your progress (or lack there of).

I think the recommended way of doing is eating ~20g of fast absorbing carbs 30min before your training this would allow you to resume ketosis after the workout

at least thats what I read on it