How long would it take to lose 5% body fat starting weigh at 160lbs height at 5'9 body fat percentage at 20% assuming...

How long would it take to lose 5% body fat starting weigh at 160lbs height at 5'9 body fat percentage at 20% assuming you eat right and work out hard?

Other urls found in this thread:

bmi-calculator.net/body-fat-calculator/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

5 minutes with a chainsaw

4 weeks

>tfw 20%
>tfw intermittent fasting and upping my lifts by 5lbs every week
>tfw inching towards 15%

I can almost feel it guys. Is it possible for me to hit that 10-12% range by July?

7-8 weeks working off a 500cal a day deficit. The harder you cut the quicker you'll lose obv

Im trying to cut slowly so I don't lose too much strength, I'm 6 weeks in and my lifts are still going up but I'm only losing 0.4% body fat a week hopefully I will make it by summer.

Dont worry about how long it takes. It takes however long it takes so do it once and now you fucking know how long it takes if you are paying attention.

No

This.

What about someone at 17%and 165lbs 5'9''? Is this possible by the end of July?

I'll put it to you this way, you wont be satisfied with how you look by July, but you will look better than you do now. Start the cut user

>43% body fat
>literally obesity type I or something

feels good man.

Thanks user, I've been on the cut since April lol

>176lbs 5'11.5"
>30% bf
I'm disgusting.

Is it possible to cut too hard? I'm currently doing a 1600 cal cut with 160g protein a day. And how long will t take me to get to sub 15% body fat? probably at 18% rn.

6ft, 187pounds

Yeah its very possible to cut too hard. You'll lose energy, strength and endurance. You might get the look you're after in less time but your body will suffer under such a large deficit. Use this a guideline man, 1lb of fat is 3500cal.
187lbs @ 18%bf = 33.6lbs fat
187lbs @ 15%bf = 27.6lbs fat
You need to lose 6lbs of lard to be 15%. At 1lb per 3500cal you need to find 21000 cal deficit. The length of time is up to you

That image doesn't really reflect reality for me. I'm 15% but i look more like 20% in that image. I'd need to get down to 12% or something for that. (Though, it's mostly the fucking last bit of belly fat)

Thanks! can you show me the math behind this for future reference?

not him, but use this formula to find your body fat:

bmi-calculator.net/body-fat-calculator/

and taking into account 1 lb of fat = 3500cal you can work it out that way.

> 191 lbs @ 6'0 in january after 15 months bulk
> cut down to 170 now
> lifts still increasing slowly
> pic is from yesterday

bf% estimate boyos?

faggot%

I'm somewhere in the 30-35% range. I'd be very pleased to be in the 15-20% range.

u jelly%?

Add cardio. A lot.

Might be a bit too late for a reply, but if I've been doing a 1000 cal deficit with none of my lifts dropping (bench and ohp even went up), is it safe to say I haven't lost much lean muscle mass? Been eating 1500 cals w/ 140 - 160g protons a day for the past 2 months, and 1700 cals for 5 months before that.

Does cardio do anything aside from burn more calories?
Couldn't I just eat less?

Can you technically lower your body fat percentage whilst bulking? As in your muscle mass increases resulting in overall reduction of your body fat percentage?

Not him but yes, you dont have to exercise at all to lose weight

That being said it will make it a hell of a lot faster

>Can you technically lower your body fat percentage whilst bulking?
No, thats physically impossible. Bulking means you are eating over what your body means which means you have to be putting on fat.

But you're talking about is eating at either maintenance or a cut (which in itself are both just cutting, since you cant viably eat at a 'maintenance').

You can lose fat and gain muscle at the same time while on a cut. How fast/effective that is is anecdotal.

I just wasn't sure if you could balance just the right caloric surplus where muscle mass gain would be higher than body fat gain

>if you could balance just the right caloric surplus
The fact is this is impossible. Caloric calculations are an imperfect science, in terms of how we measure energy burn to consume those foods, how our body processes it, how much our body needs, ect. Its simply impossible for you to ever know exactly what you need in energy today or tomorrow or any day.

So your options are only limited to two extremes;

Eating at a deficit. You eat all the micro and protein nutrients you need, but eat slightly less calories than you need meaning you lose fat but only slowly gain muscle or even lose muscle

Or eating at a surplus, gaining fat and providing the body with all the micro and macro nutrients to grow muscle.

If you're set on doing a cut while trying to gain muscle the only thing you can do is count your calories carefully, and eat a lot of protein. Make sure your balance is perfectly balanced and hope that you provide your body with everything it needs to grow muscle and that your fat is used to produce the energy deficit.

>I'd be very pleased to be in the 15-20% range.
i thought i would be too but now i'm here i want abs

4-8 weeks depending how fast you cut

12-13%

I'm ~18% BF, 5'11" 175lbs
Will

Thx bro

I don't think that will be possible mate, without drugs and surgery. Where in caribbean? Will I meet a fit bro there? :D am going july 1st till 30th

Puerto Rico
I'm staying at a resort with a couple friends for 5 nights
Where are you going?

how did you cut down while lifts still increasing? I fucked it up last time and now I'm stuck in permabulk mode

i am actually

>not taking into account the change in bodyweight
187lbs @18%bf would become 180.5lbs at 15% bf with 27.1lbs of fat.

you'd have to go for a full watermelon diet. Lose a shitton of muscle and fat. You'd have to be ~150lbs to look decent. I'd go with a relatively aggressive cut for 4 weeks try and lose 10-12 lbs. The truth bro is that if you think you're 18% you're probably 20-22%.

Not that user but my lifts have all increased while cutting. I'm trying to go from 19% - 12% by August. I'm losing about 1kg (2.2lbs) a week and about 0.5% body fat loss a week. As long as you do it slow you will keep all your strength and may even build muscle.

I'm 5'8 174lbs and at 15% bf. I have only 3 weeks left of bulking and the cutting will commence.

This is the the worst fucking graphic ever.

No wonder so many fat pieces of shit think they're 10-15%

>tfw somewhere between 15-20%
>tfw too lazy to exercise so just stick to rigorous diet of water, chicken and vegetables
>weekend comes around
>drink non-stop
>week's diet goes to complete waste
>rinse and repeat

life is suffering

25% here, can someone just fucking lock me in a room with no food and a shitton of water? I have lost control of this bulk.

Ah nice, good travels.
Am going first to Barbados and then a small island in the grenadines, going to be epic.

It has been slow progress. I have not been counting macros but only eating protein foods for all meals. Some carbs and fat here and there, but mostly protein. I've been losing about 1 kg per 2-3 weeks, I guess I've been at about 2000-2500 kcals. My program is PpLxpPlx with mobility and abs on rest day. Smaller case days are light weight but same repsXsets. Been doing warmup+3x8 for the last 6 months.

thx bro, lighting and angles is everything tho.

I don't think it's that high