Tfw I failed a 2pl8 bench attempt

>tfw I failed a 2pl8 bench attempt

>being close enough to attempt a 2pl8 bench
You're almost there breh. Eat more.

just hit 2pl8 yesterday for the first time
Push harder, don't give up til the bar is up or blood is shooting out of your eye sockets

we've all done it

i plan to fail 3pl8 at the end of this training cycle and then blame the routine rather than taking responsibility for my own failings, the hype is real

What is 2pl8?

Imma dumb foreigner who dont undetstand.

2 20kg/45lb plates on each side of the bar.

100kg or 225lb in total

100kg?

Holy shit op stats nothing to be sad about.

I can only do 25kg per arm.

>that sound the 45lb plates make rubbing against each other when you're repping it out

its actually orgasmic.

>tfw my gym only has rubber-coated plates

I'm going to switch gyms as soon as I can rep 2pl8 just to hear it.

Dumbell bench?

no, barbell flies.

Yes.

Considering im still very young and started from scratch 6 mounths ago i think its fine.

kek

25kg dumbbell bench is roughly equivalent to a 70kg BB bench. If you're doing that for say 8 reps, then your 1rm is going to be over 80kg, which isn't incredible far off from 100kg.

>tfw 40kg bp 5x5 right now

I fucked my SI-joint (lower back) 3 times this year for unknown reason and had a tear on my shoulder 5 months ago i said fuck it and started SL from babby weight again

well not this year but the last 12 months i fucked my low back from minor form fails

bruh I can shit out atleast 20 reps of 25kg dumbells but my 1rm bench is 80kg

stop posting.
DB != BB
25kgx8 DB isnt equivalent to a over 80kg BP.
When I could do 35kg DB for 6 I was still far from 100kg bench.

im bout to hit it guys

the combined DB plus bar rule is pretty accurate at higher weights - if you can get 25 DBs for 8 you should be repping more than 60 kg atleast on the barbell, most likely around 65-70

i hit it guys

Fug yeah, my dude. Nice work.

Thanks, man.

I rep 205, u guys think I can get up 2pl8?

Yeah when I was doing DB bench I got up to 2 85lb dumbells for like 5 reps and I had a BB bench of like 155

Now that I've done both on alternate days for a bit I do 2 95lb dumbells for 5 but my BB is 235x2

it took me awhile to figure out the kek

How many reps

tfw u fail ur 40lb db bench

We're proud lad

>currently sitting at 205lb PR bench

I'M SO FUCKING CLOSE

Yo fellas:

You guys lift with a spotter or some shit like that?
I ask because i'm doing 30KG right now in bench, and i can do the shame roll easily, but i suppose you can't do that at a advanced level, it gets too heavy and you're probably fatigued.
What do?

I don't lift with a spotter, but if I'm lifting a weight that I worry about dropping, I usually ask for someone to spot me.

Or just hope someone's close enough.

I bench in a cage with safeties. I have them lined up so that the bar won't touch them when my chest is pushed up, but they're able to catch it when my back is flat.

Benching with a spotter if you bench 2pl8 or less means youre a pussy. Its safe and easy to do the roll of shame with 2pl8.

You SHOULD be failing. You need to fail at every set. You do the exercise with perfect form until your body won't let to move the weight anymore. That's when your spotter racks the weight.

That's why its called "to failure". You aren't done just because you hit a number you had in your head beforehand.

I do 8 reps 26kg and can only bench 67.5kg max

3x5

I laughed.

205 for 5 puts you at a 239 max

cool thanks user

I bench without clips and just dump the weight to the side if I fail it.

I'm a noob when it comes to terms. What does 2pl8 mean?

2 plate

I can 1/8th rep 225 AMA.

Don't give up! Attack it next session.

it means 2 45lb/20kg plates on each side

so 2pl8 bench is 100kg (20kg from the barbell and 80 from the 4 plates)

>trying to get lower than 90 degrees on 3pl8 skwot, doing it in the smith so I don't fuark my back up or go down with my weight
>do okay on first set of 5, job on 3rd rep on second set
>makes a loud fucking bang, two girls ignoree but one big mclargehuge in a neon green shirt gives me the stinkeye
>quickly rep out another 5 at 90 and gtfo of the smith and move on with my workout

Part of what makes bench cool is the possibility of death. Jk get a damn spot

>tfw I cant squat 2pl8 yet after 4 months

>not having failure protocols to protect the ego and ensure steady progress

>protip: after a failure on bench, do a 2-3 board bench and try a 1 board bench after. do them for a total of 3-5 back off sets.

I see consistent progress with it.

tfw 2pl8 squat and deadlift but can't 1pl8 bench

I don't have boards to board press off
I do spoto and close grip for 3 sets each.
Seen good gains but nothing compared to my heavily modified Texas method

>Lifting for about a year
>Squat went from the bar to 265
>OHP went from the bar to 135
>Bench went from the bar to 185 only

Why the fuck am I stalling so much? I feel like I've been stuck on 185 for so long. Should I do heavy DB press to work my way up?

Failing is better than never trying. Give it a good hard month of training, then go again. You'll get it.

That's pretty consistent desu

I'd be more worried that you can squat 2pl8 but only deadlift as much

Are you a centaur?

starting strength claims another victim

bench more

1pl 5x5 ez
2pl 5x5 ez
2pl squat is balls to the wall hard
2.5 diddy is 1st class ticket to snap city

>1pl ohp 5x5 ez
>2pl bench 5x5 ez

Bench more often dude. My bench weight and form improved when I started benching 3x a week.
Also just work on your form too.

2pl8 is already pathetic, and you still couldn't get that? Lmao. I was benching 2pl8 after 2 months of training casually.

hey me too haha

Dont do this
1. Assuming you have no problems, you run the possibility of plates moving to the side while benching and thus changing the way you have to apply pressure (dangerous and maybe failing an otherwise secure rep)
2. Assuming you have problems, you dumb plates to one side your torso will move with the bar and maybe knock you off + counter momentum of the weight on the otherside can bring you in danger
3. You cannot predict the way you dump the plates and you might hit people with the uncontrollable bar who wouldve been safe (i legit have seen this)

Its way easier, safer to just ask for a spotter.

I'm doing Strong Lifts. I DL the same as i squat. My thighs and asshave always been naturally hueg so i started squatting 20kg higher than it told me to.

>not loading 2pl8 then dropping it on your neck 5 times for a total of 3 sets.

Its like you dont even want neck gains

why the fuck are you even attempting 1rm if you cant do 2pl8 for reps?

Post body

Hit it for 3x5 last week. First time ever i moved it for so many reps without a spotter. Felt good. Been circeling 90-95 kg for a while now. Never imagined i'd get back to it in 6 months (after shoulder surgery and not lifting for a year).

>mfw a lanklet buddy who's been lifting for 3 months told me he's still only benching 30kg

I know a guy who struggled to bench the empty bar for months. I just can't wrap my head around it. He's a regular skinnyfat looking guy. I saw some tiny dyel teenagers at the gym the other day benching that easily and they looked like they weighed about 90lbs.

Its probably because my lanklet friend started out at 65kg at 185 cm and he has long limbs. He's at 72kg now so his bodyweight has been going up steadily however his lifts have not.

Imo he should be at least at 50kg by now. He isnt applying progressive overload and wonderd why his gains are mediocre..

Did it ever work out for the weak guy you know?

Beat my bench PR yesterday by 10kg
>130kg / 287lbs
3 plate isn't as far away as I thought bois
we all gonna make it

Never made it. He just gave up benching. Now he's doing some shitty machine meme routine written by a pt.

How Is that 100 and not 80kg, are you counting the bar?

Of course. You are lifting it after all.

I'm a manlet (5.6" 150lbs) but I usually bench 104Kg x 10 reps. The problem is that I have a very hard time progressing.
Sometimes when adding +5kg on each side after having just completed 100kgx10 I miserably fail and I can only do 3-4 reps.

adding 5kg on each side is a big jump. Just add the 1.25kg plates every week.

>tfw I was at 70kg BP for 3x5
>tfw I'm at 50kg BP for 3x5 today

I didn't lift in a while.