>127 Ibs of muscle mass
>Currently on week one of Ice cream 5x5
>7 year long distance running background
>PRs include:
1600 m: 4:44
3200 m: 10:16
5000 m: 16:30
50k trail: 4 hr 54 min

I recently dropped all cardio and have been focusing on gaining mass. My goal is 160 at the moment but once I reach that I'd like to possibly encroach on 180 Ibs as ultimate goal

My current working weights for my strength program are as follow:

Squat 5x5: 140
Bench 5x5: 120
Shrugs 3x8: 135 (might need to drop weight)
Bent over row 5x5: 90
Pull ups: I can do 3 sets of 6 reps fairly easily
Over-head press 5x5: 70

Dead lift is around my bench working weight right now but because of my job (EMT) I've been reluctant to start deadlifting because I recently strained my back deadlifting a patient off the floor. The guy weighs about 180 but I had a partner helping me out.

My goals are to get bigger and get all my heavy lifts above my body weight of 150 by the end of summer. Is all this realistic?

Why even lift manlet?

You're below 6'0 so it's all useless.

And 150 pounds is nothing, you need to be 175+ muscle with 15% bodyfat.

I would say post pics, but LOOL.

> Is all this realistic?

Yes

Your body has bones and shit in it besides muscle and fat you faggot

I can't control height but I can control gains. I know I need to gain weight but first I have to starve my cardio. I have been running at a fairly competitive level for 5-7 years longer than marathon so my body has been depleted but that doesn't mean I can't make proper gains. Just look at Ryan Hall's gains he made after being an anorexic 2:04 marathoner for 10+ years. He's now near 180 pounds a significantly larger.

Just eat 3 packets of Raman a day for 2 days and you will be at 150 bro

You gained 8 pounds in a month? You are still really weak, don't do what I did and bulk like crazy. Keep up the cardio (just don't let it interfere with your lifting) and don't eat more than 500 Calories over maintenance.

I don't believe I can keep the cardio at which I had it (50-60 miles per week). I think that'd kill my gains. I know I am pretty significantly weak. This is all really new to me. I now know what it feels like to be one of those hobby joggers slogging away at 9 min mile pace when I came trucking along 6:30 pace - it's the same feeling I get when I approach the weight rack.

This is what I am trying to build on.

If you can, bulk through the cardio.

How would I bulk through cardio? I don't believe I could bulk on my standard cardio regimen. Do you mean small cardio on off days such as 2 miles? I probably will continue to keep my cardio canceled the rest of this month in order to abate my intense ultra distance cardio.

Not him but you can do a few miles at least 5x a week probably. Just eat a little extra if you're that concerned. It's only like 200 calories for a few miles.

If you bulk to 180 unless you're repping 1/2/3/4 at 5x5 with possible exception of deadlift you're probably not gonna like how you look. I way overbulked on my first bulk and had way less muscle than I imagined once I cut. Its much better IMO to take it easier so you don't end up spending 3 or 4 months cutting. If it's gonna take more than 6 weeks to get to sub 15%bf then you are overbulking in my opinion. Only start to eat more if your lifts are struggling and you aren't gaining any weight for 2 weeks or so.

why do you have hair just around your nipples

low-quality photo doesn't reveal other hair but admittedly it is longer around my nipple area. I have no idea? Never really considered it.

So the ice cream strength that I am currently doing A/B/A week one, and B/A/B week 2 should have running interlaced throughout it and I should just focus on getting good fats and protein in each day but not cramming loads of food down my throat because I'll only end up gaining bullshit mass?

OP get the fuck in the bathroom right fucking now and shave that nipple hair. Post back with results. I fucking mean it bitch, if you post one more time without a picture of your shaved nipples I will find you and kill you. Is your fucking goal to be as NON-aesthetic as possible. Christ..

Shave just nipple hair or happy trail too? I'll deliver. Just give me a moment.

personally i shave my entire front because if i didnt id be a gorilla. might as well get started on growing in a thicker shade once /bearmode/

Get rid of it all.

yeah don't over analyze it. I try to do cardio every off day and a few days after lifting. If you only do cardio on your off days you'll be fine.

Make sure you are getting enough protein & fiber every day and not eating shit foods (fast food, etc) regularly. If you aren't good at judging yourself use myfitness pal or something similar for a few months until you get the hang of it. The idea of bulking like crazy and cutting to reveal a ripped body is perpetuated mostly by bodybuilders on steroids. You need to eat at a surplus to gain a lot of muscle but it's much slower than most people realize once your noob gains are already accomplished.

I have no problem eating healthy. Again, I reiterate that I've been a competitive long distance runner for a couple of years. It's not easy maintaining a 50-60 mile per week schedule with average pace being around 7 flat miles. I know a thing or to about dedication but lifting and getting stronger upper body wise is definitely a whole new animal.

Didn't get rid of it all yet but here are the nipples shaved.

I get it. If I were you I wouldn't want to get any fatter than you already are. So don't go over 500 calories above maintenance. I'd try to keep that even lower. 200-300 should be just fine. Just get ~130g protein a day.

good man.

I have a scale that sends an electrical pulse through your body and somehow separates bodyfat, water weight, bone mass, and muscle mass out. It also gives you your maintenance calories per day to maintain current weight. For my activity level and body specs it say 3,786 calories. So I should try to get in that many calories perday plus the 130ish grams of protein?

I don't really know, I think those scales are probably BS. I weigh more than you and probably don't eat near that many calories.

If you're getting enough protein, your lifts are going up, and you're not getting fatter then you are headed in the right direction.

If your lifts are going up and you're getting fatter eat less.

If your lifts are stalling and you're not gaining any weight whatsoever or losing weight, eat more.

It's not rocket science. All that matters is getting enough protein and increasing your lifts. You shouldn't stall for a while based on your current lifts. Just take a look at yourself every week, you should notice how your body is changing. Biggest noob mistake however, is thinking all that weight you've been gaining is muscle. Unless you are getting a lot more definition a good amount is going to be fat.

The high calories are based probably mostly on the activity level I have selected on the scale which is (highly-active) or 7 hour plus of exercise per week. I had it on that when I was hitting the training hard a couple of months back training for an ultra trail marathon that had a lot of elevation in it. I was round 70 mile weeks.

>148 pounds
>127 Ibs of muscle mass

>21 lbs of bones, organs, etc.
yeah OP

Can't into fat mass dumbass

Proud of you user

did you go to the beach with that nip hair before?

Honestly I've never had comments about it and I've had my shirt off plenty of times when running around other people both guys and girls. But people unfortunately aren't as honest in person as they are on a user message board, haha.

Thanks for the heads up anons though!

This manlet meme is pathetic and used by insecure men to make other people insecure.
You are like that girl from a Reddit thread pic who couldn't lose weight and so fed her boyfriend so that he doesn't lose weight either.
Basically, you are a pathetic insecure gain goblin who has to put down people around him to stand up among the crowd

Just me that wouldn't call this 9%bf?

Yeah I ignored the whole manlet meme but added it in my op because I knew it would come up. I've never had problems with my height and honestly been with plenty of girls (some actually taller than me) and never had any issues from them with my height.

There are both pros/cons to being very tall or very short or being on the average end.

What body fat % would you consider it? I honestly can't tell body fat %s by pics unless it's on one extreme spectrum or the other.

A bit above it, I'm not good at judging body fat % but it looks like he has a bit of a skinnyfat belly
Might just be the angle or something

14-16% probably. People on this board tend to way underestimate their BF.

No skinny fat. Could be the angle. Skinnyfats can't run sub-17 in 5ks. Skeletons can, but not skinnyfats.

the people who try to force it dont realise it just make them appear incredibly insecure which is the exact opposite of what they want to achieve. i find it pretty amusing desu

This. Negposting is the most beta thing around.

its much higher than that

18% or more

bf is a percentage of total body mass, and since there is no body mass, even a little fat will lead to incredibly high bf% numbers

those times are slow bro get back on the track

I want to get into Ryan Hall mode.

I dunno, slight ab definition and some arm vascularity. I'm giving benefit of the doubt he's not flexing.

5km 16:30 HOLY SHIT

They're definitely NCAA DIII times but decent for a midpack runner. And were solid for my Southern region.

Not elite fast; but not slow either. Would get you a scholarship at a good University but probably not much. A small school would offer a full ride.

I believe that's where the term gains goblin originated. From the same source of manlet, lanklet, and dyel.

holy shit no one said "manlet detected" for once

People generally just don't appreciate the use of manlet at all. It draws away from the actual topic discussion and makes it shitpost tier.

127 lbs of lean mass, dumb ass

Semantics - lean mass, muscle mass, who cares mass

Thing is dude, even if you get crazy huge mass and whatnot, you're still 5'6" until you can aford that shank-lengthening surgery.