What would you consider a respectable dumbell and barbell curl?

What would you consider a respectable dumbell and barbell curl?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=d-xTDSuet1E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

MINIMUM 77 lbs

Minimum 120 lbs.

>not using barbells for single arm curls
>making it

Nothing less than the heaviest dumbbell in the gym for reps, first time.

I do 13kg incline curl
I'd think anything above 20kg is really impressive

I've yet to see anyone at my gym curl more than 50s. And that was me in a mirror.

t.dyel

A respectable amount if a weight that YOU find heaviest that you can still control the reps. It's not a dick measuring contest.

bait

id say that too if i had a shrimpy dick and girl biceps

I can strict curl 35 lbs and my biceps look like crap,so maybe 40 idk

depends on execution

world record strict ez bar curl is 113 kg. anything above 80 kg is world class really, and a 60 kg strict curl against the wall is strong.

and I'm talking about strict curl while standing against a wall btw, it's much harder. My strict BB curl is above 60 kg but against the wall it's 49.5 kg 1RM pr (ez bar + 42.5 kg). Against the wall is probably the most objective measurement of pure curl strength

I've been able to curl 40lbs since i was 16 I'd say a legitimately impressive curl is like 70lbs plus

kys

Whatever is challenging for them but not impossible. No point in talking shit in the gym, people come to improve themselves. Not to have a biggest-dick contest.

Always funny spotting the people on here who judge every single in the person for the weight they are lifting in the gym

>tfw could only do 35s before shoulder injury
>tfw back at it but almost too scared to let reality shit down my throat at how weak my biceps comparatively are

Doesn't matter honestly. Low weight higher repetitions is better for bicep gains anyways and no one cares if you have the strongest biceps.

But to answer the question I'd say a strict barbell curl of >90lbs and a strict dumbbell curl of >50lbs doing 3x10 would be respectable.

Anybody else have bad curl recovery?

I can hit 10 reps on my first set, but then can't do more than 5 at the same weight on the second set. Wtf?

I can do 15 or 17.5 kg for reps

My arms are maybe 15 inches, haven't measured in a while

Also 6'5" 93kg

rest more. And yeah, recovery is worse the smaller the muscle is. My delt recovery is fucking shite towards end of sets unless I want to rest 10 mins between back-off sets, if I blast my delts with enough volume I can reach the point where I struggle with sub 50% 1RM for few reps

135 for reps

Lmao I do 14kg for reps and I'm 5'7 150

>and I'm 5'7
Quit reading right there.

you probably have better leverages than him. Not saying that his are good, but then again he has only average arms too

>weaklet lanklet
lel

>93kg
r u me?

why is my doctor lying to me then

So right at the end

its no about thw weight, it's aboud the muscle contraction... im no weightlifter , i never will be, i am a body builder...

How to get tiny biceps to grow? I curl once a week on last session of ss

You are 5'7.

6'3" 95 kg and 17.5" arms, curl 30 kg dbs for reps

step it up you pathetic&skinnyfat lanklets

>a fucking barbell for a SINGLE ARM CURL
>not a 45lb dumbbell

You're genuinely retarded

Curl every gym session.

>Carry on with your isolation movements, restrictive dieting and visible abs. Perhaps this will allow you to attract a clueless cardiobunny whore of a gf. Not my style. Never has been. Never will be. No you see I will attract a much more intelligent and perceptive female partner. One who has an appetite for a real man who can call upon his body to unleash a lethal amount of force as one kinetic chain.

14kg for reps of 20 cm vertical movement

gj manlet

>not using double barbells in 2017
why even live

I tried but I am trying to also do chins and pulls every other session and sometimes it hinders them. Also sometimes working my tri to hard affects my bench next time. Maybe cut out the chins and pulls?

Also haven't seen this pasta before kek

yeah cut chins/pulls for curls

brilliant

I see you are a man of taste as well.

pic related is me, myself and I - curls are for loser bodybuilders. My arms are bigger than Jeff Seids and I don't even need curls, I'm the size of a WWE champion (it would be visible if I cut down but that's gay)

>weaklets

Lmao I didn't think so. Guess I could through in some low weight curls at very end

>respectable
>curl
>This is an oxymoron, much like jumbo shrimp or pretty diarrhea one cannot have both. You can either curl or be respected. You can't have both.

What? I curled 80lb for 2x8 regularly as a teen. It's not impressive at all. I'd expect someone properly strong to curl near twice that weight.

Is the boogie?

curls are for pus-

youtube.com/watch?v=d-xTDSuet1E

You are 5'7.

*that
Now everyone's gonna know I'm retarded

*curls your lanklet frame*

100lb DUMB bells,
225lb barbell

both cheat reps if you want, idgaf

Think he was talking about dumbells.

>tfw I can do 4/3/2/1 but I struggle to curl 10kg dumbbells.

Think he was talking about dumbbells.

160 lbs dumbbells, sure kid
>he fell for the SS meme

*teleports behind you*
*replaces dumbells with hot dogshit*
You: YEEEAARRRGGGHHH THERES HOT DOGSHIT IN MY HANDS
*teleports back*
>Heh heh nothing personnel kid
*all star by smash mouth starts playing*

>not doing SS + curls

If doing curls effects your pull ups you do every other session you have a pretty shit routine bro.

Bro if you can't curl what you squat. Just. Kys.

Fuck, I can't do more than 16 pounds with perfect form, and even then no more than 8-10 reps. Is there anything I can do to improve >muh curls?

I do preacher curls with a ez bar and my max is 75 lbs for 5

You can fuck off back to redddit.

What's a respectable ez bar preacher curl? I'm assuming 135 lbs

I think since I'm tall and have high insertions, DB curls just aren't for me.

I can barely do 40s for reps and I'm 6'4" 215lbs and in the 1000 pound club

the ez bar weighs much less than a barbell, so what you assume to be 135 is actually closer to 100

nah you're just weak at curling as the big 3 don't make you better at curling

curl more

Well I meant 1 pl8

Yeah maybe its as simple as that.

I'm really really weak at the bottom (as is everyone, I guess) but strangely enough my dominant arm gets fatigued earlier than the other one.

My form must suck, not sure.

yeah 1 plate on ez is pretty respectable. The world record strict against a wall (which still enables more weight than preacher I think) is 113 kg, or in other words just above 100 kg in plates + ez bar, done by cyplenkov the neanderthal who left humanity behind

i personally don't think there's much form in a curl that needs to be considered. Are you doing your weighted chins? There should be some carryover from those to the bicep contraction atleast

what is ice cream fitness?

Not recently no, just normal chins and reverse lat pull downs

Starting to get embarrassing lifting babby weights though, guess I'll start

>Ah summer.... time to lounge by the pool, fun at the beach, and plenty of ice cream of course! No, no, no, not the kind you eat!

*record scratches*

>Ice Cream Fitness 5x5! You wanna get strong and aesthetic? Glad ya stopped by. Look no further. It's the perfect beginner program and has just the right amount of volume for a beginner! Plus the guy who made it is super ripped! He's full of loads of information that would classify him as an expert on powerlifting AND bodybuilding (BOTH!)

I've never seen someone curling well. Everybody just ego lifts and swings.

Idk man, swinging has given me the best results

Yea still can't do weighted chins yet either

>reads complete sentence
> thinks his greentext is a sick burn.

are you a definite moron or a just somewhat a moron?

kek

What kind of physique warrants you being able to OHP 4 plates, bench press 3 plates, squat 2 plates and deadlift 1?

>same dyel manlet

I've always done my curls at the end of a pull day so by then I don't even have biceps in which to curl with

I do hammer curls and get like 12 reps, then a set of 6 and my arms are fucking toast with 2 25lb DBs.

i feel pretty happy with 25kg dumbell curl

Currently curling the 20KG (44lbs) DBS for 3 sets of 6. Could do more reps but want to keep form strict - I don't think it's respectable - when you can do 12 reps with 20KG you've made it. Nearly there.

>implying you're not the same lanklet that's been lifting for 2 years but still weak and dyel

>tfw you're the weakest person in the gym and you still do 22kg

3x10 20kgs is pretty good I'd say

1/2/3/4 for 5 reps and I curl like 10 kg dumbbels for 3xF.

But thats always after heavy rows and chins.

Is there a catch to hammer curls? It seems to me that they are like normal curls but with some forearm development am I wrong?

> Not getting it

20kg for 8-10 reps on an incline bench.

I did four reps each arm at 60lbs. I generally do 7 each arm with 50lbs for sets and maybe an up the river down the river after.

I can curl 50 kg ezbar for 10 reps strict. is that ok?

As heavy as you can do. bonus points for cheat curls/hammer, with 2-4 sec negative

great, now I have a giantess fetish.
Thanks a lot user...

have a good fap my friend

Is that natty?

Well not everyone's a total lunk

>respectable
>curl
lmao who gives a shit