Explain this shit

bait

Well let's look at the burger:
Bread is cheap, tomato and lettuce are cheap, cheese is cheap. Bottom-of-the-barrel-quality meat is cheap.

As for the salad at 7$ it's probably a deluxe salad (most expensive that had) with more refined ingredients than the piece of shit burger

First off, that right there is a whopper jr and you're looking to spend 2.19 on that delicious American Classic.

Second of all, that bad boy is only a measly 280 calories, whereas that salad is lookin to be about 400. 600/700 after your fat ignorant ass covers that son of a bitch in Ranch dressing.

If someone's retarded enough to spend $7 on a shit ton of lettuce tossed with some meat, that's on them.

its pretty crazy how cheap burgers are in burgerland tho

People will pay 7 dollars for a salad.
Mc Donalds make lots of money from having cheap burgers that sell in the shit ton

[citation needed]

I thought this thread was over when i saged it.
OP is trolling yall or you guys never actually bought food yourselves.

because burgerland uses transfat to control their wageslaves

supply and demand

grilled chicken salad with macros in pic related (without dressing) is $5 at mcdonalds

They compare the least expensive burger to the only salad from a single restaurant. Sounds air tight to me.

these are the macros of a mcdouble which costs around $1.25

they don't call it petiteland for a reason

burgers are cheaper because they give you cancer. must give cancer to as many people as possible

>grilled chicken salad with macros in pic related (without dressing) is $5 at mcdonalds
>salad
>mcdonalds
Who the fuck buys a salad at mcdonalds?

not many people but it is the best example to use for a realistic example of OP's image

I don't know a single place to go for a cheap and fast salad.

Salad probably has fresh ingredients, making them spoil more quickly. Making them more difficult to produce.

Do you really want to know what they put in the meat at McDonalds?

Pretty sure the government heavily subsidizes meat and dairy in the us and that's why it's cheaper

Wendys caesar salad is like 1.50

1, What restaurant is this supposed to be?

2. >implying burgers aren't healthy when I eat like 3 of them per week

mcdonalds has a cheap side salad too but it's not really going to be nearly as filling as a mcdouble and doesn't have as much brotein either

> $1
>for that burger

Not even close

Because your lazy fuck face is ordering off the mcdicks dollar dick you menu instead of buying fresh produce from the grociery store and making your own cheaper salads at home.
And if you're stupid enough to buy a $7 salad at a fast food place everyday and then complain it's eating your wallet you have no budgeting skills.

Okay but..considering dressing and other toppings, fast food salads contain the same or more calories that burgers so either way your argument is invalid

You can get a two-serving bag of salad from Walmart for like $tree.fiddy.

Meanwhile, if you want to buy a half pound of ground round to make two quarter-pound hamburger patties, it's about the same price. Except you still need buns, condiments, cheese, and lettuce and various veg toppings.

I'm pretty sure fast food places sell salads close to cost. The better question is just how exactly are they able to sell a burger for $1 and still have room for a profit? That means it's costing the biz about 30 cents to make one burger, which includes labor. So they're using ingredients that are like 20 cents. But we just established that meat from the grocery store would push the cost including markup to more like $7.

The outrage isn't the high price of the salad, it's the low quality of burger.

>Mc Donalds make lots of money from having cheap burgers that sell in the shit ton

Incorrect view on how McDonald's actually makes money. Granted they rely on selling the McDouble at volume, but it barely covers the cost, and if you actually add in the employees working, it costs McDonald's money. (I believe the McDouble costs them about $1 and they charge something like $1.50 for it.)

They make all the big bucks on pop and fries, where the mark up is gigantic. A large soda costs them like $.05 and they sell it for $1.00+, fries are in a similar markup. If you want to out jew the hamburger jew, just buy the McDouble or McChicken, and NEVER pay any other item.

As to the OP, one $1 hamburger would never make anyone fat ever. CICO. Fatties eat like a dozen of them at a time, that is the problem.

They are breaking even or losing money on the cheap burgers. POP, POP, POP is how they make up for it.

you are assuming the salad is unhealthy. you could just as easily assume the burger is actually a grilled chicken lettuce wrap. the reality is cheap and healthy fast food is nonexistent for several reasons, the main one being supply and demand.

shitty ground beef is dirt cheap and they flatten the fuck out of a patty.

Same fagging the cost picture from 2016 I was able to find.

Prove that one hamburger is bad for you and will make you a fat ass.

>Mfw I pay $13 for a 1.35 lb salad from Whole Foods

It's fucking great though. Broccoli Crunch is the goods

>salads cost $3

that's about how much I would have guessed.

congratulations this is literally the most ridiculous reply I've ever gotten on Veeky Forums

don't see french fries on there but they also make a lot of profit on that

>People are forcing me to buy 20 hamburgers a day

The biggest problem I have with these fucking idiots is that they don't have any sort of concept of calories in, calories out. They just think certain foods will make you fat and other foods will make you fit.

>the reality is cheap and healthy fast food is nonexistent for several reasons, the main one being supply and demand.

Your words. So, is eating one McDouble a day bad for you or not? Assuming you were very careful about your calories outside of it. Is that McDouble unhealthy as you claim?

what the fuck difference does it make you autist? this is about comparing a mcdouble to a salad.

>be fat
>go to fast food place
>salad costs $7
>burger costs $1
>should i go with the healthy option? or with the inexpensive option?
>neither
>buy 7 burgers

alpha

A salad is automatically healthy? Why? You would be more fit eating nothing but salads over a hamburger always? You actually believe this?

Ice Burger lettuce as fuck all nutrients in it. It all amounts to caloric intake you fucking dumbshit. No, one McDouble a day will do fuck all to your health or your waistline, if you are an adult and can capably manage your intake.

This meme is almost as stupid as you are.

the meme is about comparing healthy food to unhealthy food. it is assumed the salad is a healthy salad. you have autism.

Where is it getting 27g of carbs from?
Is the grilled chicken breaded or something?

nah that one is filled with some crouton type shit here's their better option. grilled chicken bacon ranch (without dressing)

Thats almost a respectable macro spread.

It is about fast food salads. No normal salad you make at home costs $7 doll a roos. See, knew you were dumb.

autism.

diabetes

Almost?? That is fucking incredible. If you ate 2000 calories worth of that you'd be getting 262g protein, which is insane for 2000 cals

Jesus fuck you are retarded

Prices are determined first and foremost by what people are willing to pay for it. It's sad that you have to explain basic economics to a burger, though not entirely suprising.

>go to mc donalds
>order salad
>399
>make it a large combo
>6.49
>need extra ranch
>7 dollars
vs
>go to supermarket
>go to salad bar
>assume you load it up to a pound or so of food for 3.99/lb
>get a bottle of sauce for 99c that can be reused multiple times
>4.25 on average

Supply and Demand. If fatties would stop demanding the burger Jew, then they would be less supplied, thus more expensive.

Because salads
>have a shorter life span than meat and condiments which can be preserved for a long while
>people are willing to pay more for a salad because it is "healthy"
>supply and demand, meat is cheap and a guaranteed sells in larger quantities
>people don't care to make their own salad
>people don't understand what goes into healthy food
>much stricter FDA rules on things in salad compared to frozen foods

Eating a salad won't make you less obese. I worked in Grocery for 6 years, people are idiots with salads. They will always load it up with, ham, bacon, eggs, fuck ton of cheese, and then make it a soup with the sauce because iceburg lettuce has little to no flavor. Congrats, your salad now is 7 or 8 bucks because you loaded it with shit more unhealthy and more caloric than the burger you could have gotten, ate in 5 minutes, then done a quick walk to burn excess calories off.

People pay more for salads because they think they are getting something healthy and can't be bothered to spend half an hour or so at home making their own meals for the next few days

I've literally spent $1.38 on veggies I used for a salad lol. When fat people think of salads they always must think of overpriced shitty fast food salads.

Biggest reason a salad costs so much is because most all salad bars are done via $/lbs. They always get people by counting on the fact people will put things that hold a lot of liquid onto the salad causing the price to skyrocket. Ranch and hard boiled eggs ares some of the heaviest shit you can put on a salad to up the costs while the store just sits back and banks.

Actually that's wrong, the demand curve would shift, and the equilibrium point would slide up the supply scale, there would be no shift of the supply curve

>mfw you don't understand this though because you never studied economics

wendys burgers are 10x better than mcdonald's. great bulking material

Nigga I like it that burgers are 1$. Easy bulking.

>heavily subsidizes meat and dairy
also corn syrup which is what the burger is filled with and made with

Wait, no I got caught up in his idiocy, the demand curve is downward sloping. Actually a negative shock to demand would shift the curve left and the price point would fall

/thread

whole foods is marked up like crazy because they know their demographic are dumb ass kids who "care about the environment"

/thread

>fast food
Fatties are fucking retarded
Sky is blue
All is right with the world

This sounds dumb, but you can grow your own vegetables in your yard for pretty much nothing. Once you get a covered greenhouse established, you can grow stuff year-round.

I've been growing my own basic vegetables for years now. It's not to say I don't buy stuff from the grocery store, but I certainly don't pay $4 to get all the ingredients for a salad.

>which is insane
wew, chicken meat has protein
pure madness

Put down the burger fatty

god damn they are $2.19 now? they used to be 99c

Salads are not proper fast food meals, not without much greater demand. This is just fucking retarded, if you go to the supermarket and buy the ingredients for a salad, it's pennies on the dollar per salad. It'll be over a dollar per burger buying from a supermarket.

Because of the insane demand, people have figured out really efficient ways of making burgers for cheap. That's what fast food is all about. If you go to a fast food restaurant to order a salad instead of spending way less time at home making a salad, then you are the fattest of the fat.

Why don't you niggers just make your own goddamn salads? Slice some shit up and throw it in a bowl, I promise you its not that fucking hard.

>this is a genuine debate in Clapistan

cause burges are carbage.

>Eat our carbage and get canser only for 1 USD!

>that delicious American Classic
kys

The argument is that the unhealthy food is cheaper, so it still stands if even the damn salad is cheap and unhealthy. You want to try the UK where buying the ingredients for a salad will set you back $10-$15

>works incredibly physical job (constant shovelling, heavy lifting, running around etc) 7 til 7, 7 days in a row
>skips breakfast
>has 92 kcal soup for lunch and a drink of water
>has English muffin with butter (250 kcals) or a tin of tuna or a steak within thin else in the evening or sometimes skips dinner because can't be fucked to cook as I'm tired as hell all the time

Still 25-30lbs overweight even if I don't really look it

Even when I was really poor waiting for that first pay check and had literally a single slice of unbuttered bread for lunch leaving the house at 5am working til 6, then getting home at 9:30pm mucking out horses and running around leading them in lessons all day I dropped nearly 20lbs in 2 weeks, ribs were showing, but according to the numbers I was still marginally 'overweight'.

Just going to start ignoring doctors with their BMI shit. 'Can't you just eat less?' I'm already on the verge of going back to having an ED as it is. Had to eat nothing for 2-3 days then vomit up everything I ate after that, however little to get a BMI that was only just in the underweight range, but they decided to force feed me anyway because I lost 25% of my body weight pretty quick.

Don't understand what I'm supposed to eat/how much I'm supposed to weigh.

fuck bmi
get your bf% tested or just look at yourself in the mirror

Just because beauty, truth and all things that are good are hard to achieve, that doesn't mean that you shouldn't strive for them, dipshit.
Why do normies think that every person has a fixed amount of hard work they should struggle for and that if you exceed that by a little amount a great injustice has been committed?

"baby what is you doin?"

100% supply and demand.

Think of a convenience store. The store owner has limited space and stocks the top 1000 items that consumers desires. The motive is to make the most money.

If bags of steamed spinach, and cubed chicken breasts were in demand, they would be on the shelves of the stores.

The consumer is to blame.

>salad meme

Most salads are actually worse for you than a burger. You'd have to make your own salad for it to be healthy, and even then it's mostly just water in leaf form so it's not exactly healthy it's just not unhealthy.

How about you go to the fucking supermarket and buy a whole head of lettuce for a couple bucks, then you can make salads all week. Fat ass.

That is really interdasting.

>work at a hospital
>a fully filled small box of the self-serve salad from the cafe costs ~$2.50
>A burger costs $2.75
>Still watch fatties load their plates up with burgers

>jerking it real hard over shit tier food macros
Sorry kiddo. I eat a well balanced diet and just read a shit tier option commoners are willing to deem as food. No need to drop the autism bomb.

>chicken
>strawberries
>blueberries
>nuts
>together
I need to try this salad, either it is glorious or shit. I need to know.

>two different sources of sugared water.
>two portions of sandwiches that look the same size.
So if I take out the hashbrown, I would technically be eating healthier in normie-standard. Waow Mcdonalds is healthy.

>Lentils
Tree fiddy
>Beans
Two fiddy
>Ground beef
Five fiddy
>BrEcolli (.5lb)
Buck
>Bell pauper (1 whole)
Buck
>Seasonigs
Priceless

Total:13$

That's about eight 750+calorie meals

13/8= just over wan dolla

Chiggin boops (8)
>6 buck
Spinach (1lb)
>2 fiftee
Wite rice (1 pounds)
>idk I buy it 50lbs at a time like a dollar wtf nigga
>Avocado (2wo)
2 buck fiddy

Var total = 10

total = total devided buy about 4-5
Price per meal equals 1€

You guys are fucking idots

>burgers
>food for hicks

what's the yurocuck equivalent of a burger?

Kebabs

>best proteins
>broccoli/spinach

>Ranch dressing

Disgusting

dang, dis shyt rely made me think yo...

ćevapi in the balkans
top notch food my friend

forgot the pic