/wfg/ Water fasting general

Have you tried water fasting? If you did, how did it work out for you and how long did you last?

General info: When water fasting you do not consume anything but water for a few days. That type of fasting might be lethal if done incorrectly, but it works great for people who have a lot of fat. The goal of the fast is to put your body in ketosis so the calories your body needs are coming mostly from your fat.

i-is it normal that i haven't pee'd in 3 days brahs?

Depends. How much water did you drink in the past 3 days?

none, ive been water fsating

It's cool. Just keep going. I heard when you go a whole week without drinking any water you get all them bitches.

"Water fasting" aka "starvation" is not fitness-related. Report all threads using these keywords/about this subject, it is a meme designed to get people to hurt themselves like "blowing crystals" on /b/ years ago

alright, i'll try user

fuck off

Well if this isnt a load of bullshit I sense. My niece lost 67 day about 58 kg of fat. Weightloss counts as part of fitness too. Wether you like this idea less than usual diets does not really matter in this.

cope, fatty

4 days in and I feel like shit. I have headache and my stomach hurts. I'm going to buy me some food now.

did it for 2 weeks 6 years ago. before i did any form of sports. i had gotten chubby and my mom started giving me shit.

i was 85 kg at 175cm(5.9) i had no idea what i was doing . i just bought some minerals and vitamins and stopped eating (and drinking cals)
it gets easier after the first week.
since i had no idea what i was doing i just set a 2 week goal instead of longer. after that 2 weeks i did 1 week of only eating vegetables and the week after hat i ate some fruit with it.
like i said no idea, i figured i had to ease my body back into eating.

anyway i lost 15 kg in a month and was no longer chubby. i started jogging after that and i only found out about real lifting 2 years ago.

I'm 18 hours in. Got muh bulk potassium, muh calcium, salt, 2 liter water jug, Epsom salts for that magnesium skin absorbing efficacy.
Reading about refeeding syndrome scared me, so I ordered phosphate supposed as well.

I'm still going to go to the gym and just put some work in, so as to avoid inactivity gains losses.

Am I gonna make it?

Did you visit a doctor about that? Headaches are an indicator that you should not water fast.
Good job dude! I lost 15,5 kg right now (Day 9) but I also weigh more than you, I think before I end the fast I will juice fast 2-3 days, then eat only soup or watermelon since its easy to digest.

You should be really careful when working out. If you bite off more than you can chew there is a chance to have a circulatory collapse

From what though? It certainly won't be lack of electrolytes...now I gotta Google more shit

how much do you weigh?

if you are getting your vitamins and minerals you could just keep going until your at your weight.
boogie could fast 3 months no problem.

Seems like that would come up if my water intake was too salt heavy. Drinking sea water kills people this way. Apparently over 2% salt solution is a problem. You start pulling water from tissues to compensate, and long term you can have hypovolemic shock.

Looks like the way I'm supplementing is well bellow this. I won't be running out of electrolytes, so am I missing a third mechanism? I suppose if I don't get any iron long enough, that could complicate oxygen transport...

>tfw fasting is losing weight on easy mode

Can't tell if this is a meme.

Way2b a dick to your kidneys.
Inb4 future dialysis

You know , if your kidney don't need to filter anything the water will just pass through .

I eat once a day
r8

I'm on hour 16 right now. Never actually did it intentionally, but when I had jaw surgery I physically couldn't eat food for the first 9 days. Did the same shit though. Saline water through some medical squirt gun.

Probably won't go that long, but definately 5 days

Some people say fasting once a month for like 24 - 48 hrs maxx is positive for the health as it boosts the immune system, increases HGH levels and other benefits even if you don't have a weight problem.

I tried it only once and felt really good the day after, wanna start doing it regularly but it sucks it kinda kills gains a little.