Sprinting

What has adding sprints to your routine done for your life?

Other urls found in this thread:

main.poliquingroup.com/ArticlesMultimedia/Articles/Article/989/Eight_Reasons_Everyone_Should_Do_Sprints.aspx
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

[email protected]

nothing

larp +5

pain

rape my knees and hips because I am really strong, and did not warm up properly.
Not a good idea because of how high you push your knees up etc.

how about you get on your back, pull your knees up really high and close your eyes, i'll be there in a minute.

>Sprinting thread
>picture of a 3000m steeplechase runner

I do a 10x100m session once a week. I feel like my lungs have been raped by the end but it's a satisfying kind of pain.

n no homo, right?

Knee pain every time I've tried it. I'll stick to weights and distance.

Makes me leaner and boosts test but need more food and rest to compensate would recommend out of 10

Made me faster at sprints
Improved my medium distance times
Improved VO2 max
Made it harder to recover for lifting (killed my strength gains)

I can run longer since implementing sprints. I did half marathon two weeks ago and I attribute it to a large array of running methods.

Its really exhausting doing catabolic and anabolic activities. Running and lifting weights tires me out HARD. Does your heart just hop on gear one day and adapt? How do all them body builders do it.

Sprints and cardio in general is GOAT.

>better conditioning and work capacity
>better explosiveness
>improved athleticism
>feels good, man (sunshine, endorphins)

Anyone that considers themselves "fit" that doesn't jog or sprint or both (+ lifting) is a lazy piece of shit.

fucked up my knees

up your ass too if you play your cards right

>my legs are too strong so I hurt myself
>I have too much muscle mass so I have knee pain

holy shit you guys are pathetic, you literally can't even run. loving every laugh

beautiful

Been lifting for a long time and want to get more into athleticism; how do I start sprinting properly? Everytime I try, I end up over stressing my shitty glass ankles and end up having to take a couple of days off from even lifting.

Is there a way to "prep" my ankles?

>what is specificity of training

Since you clearly know so much more, let's hear about your routine.

Adding low intensity cardio to any routine will never hurt you fat fuck dyel.

All right, well, I Fuck your Faggot Father's Fat Face For Five on Friday. Then I Mutilate your Masculine Mother's Meaty Muff for a Million on Monday. Then I Wreck your Whore Wife's Worn-out Womb for One on Wednesday. Then I Suck your Slutty Son's Syphilitic Scrotum for Seven on Saturday. Fuck You.

>run slow in order to learn how to run fast

Lmao clueless dyel

Smh brainlets

It increased my metabolism and VO2 max

/THREAD

does it really boost test? care to expand further on that? maybe some articles?

how bout you open a new fucking tab and search for it your self you fucking millenial

WHOA, WHOA, SLOW IT DOWN BRO! You search it for me, condense the answer into a few bullet points, and present your anus for my dick to tear open. We good?

I just run a 5k 4x a week on top of my lifting. The cut is coming alo great, only about 5 more pound to go until I can go shirtless

Name? I've seen her beofre and she's got the best running form i've ever seen

You've seen her beofre? What does it look like? I bet it smells.

any good sprinting routines to build up speed and endurance?

Always wanted to get into it.

I sprint 2x a week.

WORKOUT:
Run a SLOW mile as a warm up. Only do 5x sprints, about 100 yards on a incline. Come to full recovery, maybe 2.5 mins rest between sprints. Run a SLOW cool down mile.

My legs and glutes feel hard as fucking rocks afterwards.

Overall, I think it raises my explosive energy and athletic ability, Whilst destroying every muscle in my lower body.

Sprinting is the best way to get a six pack. It speeds up your metabolism and works your core. It's obviously great for your lungs and heart too. It fights depression for all you sad cunts out there.

main.poliquingroup.com/ArticlesMultimedia/Articles/Article/989/Eight_Reasons_Everyone_Should_Do_Sprints.aspx

Sprinting is better and more practical than distance running, but that's just my opinion. To answer OP's question it has improved my self esteem(abs), and improved my 5K times dramatically.

This is why I wanna incorporate more cardio. Used to jog before I lifted. Was thinking 3x per week on rest days, in weekly cycles - something like
Week 1
>mon/fri: 3 mile short run
>wed: long run
Week 2
>mon/Fri: sprints
>wed short run
Repeat.
Want to be less a lifter and more an "athlete" if you get me.