Do I still have to exercise to lose fat if I'm water fasting?

Do I still have to exercise to lose fat if I'm water fasting?

Yeah, it will make you lose weight faster

Water fasting is retarded. Just do PSMF and lift weights.

>water fasting is retarded
Said no one ever. I'm on day 9 of my water fast right now and I feel amazing.

I'm doing a water fast for the first time today. Any suggestions or recs?

gotta admit, I feel great. Even my cum has turned to a nice pearly white instead of yellow.
just started my second day. boredom is the hardest thing to deal with. just make sure you're always doing something/distracting yourself. apparently the 3rd day your stomach gets used to only water and the hunger pangs stop. good luck bro

Why do I keep seeing water fasting propping up so often lately? Is there new information or a study about it or something? Is it viable to someone who's wanting to cut, or will it destroy my gains? I'm thinking of a 2 week water fast after this bulk.

it is the meme of this summer. Do your research before attempting

It's like the "blowing crystals" thing on /b/, people trying to get each other to hurt themselves.

Even if taken 100% seriously, starving yourself for days on end is not "fasting" and "water fasting" does not exist, it is starving. Report every one of these threads and move on. We have enough garbage on Veeky Forums without this meta garbage

t. low test beta manlet. fasting is THE newest and best way to get RIPPED for summer :)

This
Anyone that starves himself to lose weight has a mental disorder.

a fatty streamer/youtuber or something did a 1month water fast and posted pics and it became a fad since we are so close to summer

so if he did it and it works, what's the problem? Is he lying just to get views?

He was being monitored while he did it whereas people following this fad are going on their instincts

I had already looked into intermittent fasting, and keto. Both worked well enough for me. This uses the same principles. Saw that fatty YouTuber. Was impressed. Did some research. Checked out Dr. Fung's stuff. Bought the necessary vitamins. It's day two. I'm giving the meme a go. Actually hoping I get lucky and have it possitively impact my depression. Haven't been on fit for months. Funny to see it here.

water fasting is godlike cutting stuff.

After u get past day 3 you will feel like a god. the confidence boost is amazing, you feel all that willpower.

But it gets worse every day, so Id not recommend it for more than 1 or 2 weeks

also, get some proper supplenents to get all your vital nutrients

nah he isn't lying but he isn't telling the whole truth either, if you wanna lose weight fast sure go ahead and start fasting but afterwards you'll balloon back to your original weight in no time because you're just out of starvation mode and you didn't learn how to eat properly.
You'll also lose a lot of muscle

this too

>9 days
just eat once a day so you still get nutrients

better if you didn't

"starvation mode" is a meme
it's not an actual fucking thing
fuck

ur retarded. if u eat at all, a single bite even, your body stops purging toxins and goes back into digestive mode instead of self digestive mode. U gotta wait 4 days of no eating again to even get back.

>Arguing with the sticky

>believing starvation mode in 2017 is a real thing
you've listened to the jewish propaganda hard

been on a water fast for two weeks and have increased the 5RM of my squat by 20 pounds

holy shit this water fasting meme has to stop, all these newfags who have been slacking all year and now when it's gotten warm outside they want to get into shape in 2 weeks
it doesn't work that way shit heads, suck it up and work hard so you'll look good next summer, water fasting is something that I would only recommend to the morbidly obese, someone like boogie2988, maybe force them to do it actually so they'll either lose wieght, or their pointless and greedy existence will cease, either way it's a win win situation

"Starvation mode" is a thing, but you have to be at a ridiculously low bf% to trigger it. Most obese people have enough fat reserves to last them weeks, so fasting for a few days is doable.

You gain some water weight back after a fast when you get carbs in your system, but you only balloon back if you start eating at a surplus again. The fasting is supposed to give you a mental reboot so you won't be so addicted to eating.

This is the way I've been seeing it. I want to try fasting for maybe a week when I get home. It really feels like an effective way to break this sick relationship I have with food. I'm not a pig, but sometimes I can grab a handful of nuts or some other snack without even thinking about it. Do you have any tips for an overweight first-timer?

The only reason to try this is if you think your country is going to be taken over by, say, the North Koreans anytime soon and you'll be thrown into a prison camp with nothing but water.

I worked with an old guy, big barrel-chested and into martial arts, who did a marathon every other month to ensure in his old age he would survive a death march.

It's motivating.

>fasting to stop snacking
>"sick" relationship with food

You're ana, aren't you?

I'm not.

Generally I feel like the average man's relationship with food is "sick". Maybe I'm overplaying it a bit, but food, snacks or whatever shit we decide to put in our mouths is everywhere. It's used as reward and comfort, and "dinnertime" is usually a big deal in traditional households. You sit at the table and appreciate the fine food you have in front of you. You enjoy the taste, the texture and all that. It's a huge part of your life, and many people let food consume them.

Sometimes I just wish I was brought up "spartan". Just fucking oatmeal or pouridge 2 times a day. I don't want food to be such a big part of my life. I just want it to be "that shit I have to put in my mouth to not die". I want to hate food, but it claims such a large part of my life that I can't. I can pretend, but that doesn't last long.

I want to work against this integration of food in my life, but as soon as the motive of this slips my mind I take that extra pasta or potato. I find it really fucking difficult and upsetting.

For a first timer skip breakfast. Once lunch rolls around, see if you're up for skipping that too. If you feel ambitious, skip dinner after that. It's a "see what you're capable of" kinda experience. It's those lulls of time when you're not eating that allow you to re-evaluate your relationship with food, and you also become aware that there's a difference between hunger and a craving.

I'll start doing this a bit I think. I can usually skip breakfast without much of a problem, but I get really hungry for lunch if I do. Sometimes I wake up hungry as hell, skipping then sucks. I like what you're saying though. I think my actual stomach is pretty stretched since I can eat a lot without feeling really full. A fast might just tighten it a bit, so I don't need to eat as much to feel full. But yeah, I get what you're saying. I need to feel it for myself.

how many kilos did you guys lose after a week?

I was scrolling down real fast and I read that as "he was being molested while he did it".
It would suck getting molested while fasting.

My vitamin D3 gummies (2000 IU) I take in the morning give me 15cal, but 3g of sugar and carbs.

Is that enough to fuck up the fast?

My normal multivitamin already gives me 800 IUs of D3, but I've always taken more becuase I live in an area of Washington state that rarely gets full sun. Do I even truly need more than 800?

Thanks guys

>gummies
stop being 12

yah got me

Yes, and you don't need a multivitamin. Just get some lite salt for potassium and sodium, and if you want some magnesium powder.

Here, have an infographic.

>getting this triggered by other people's successes

thanks for the infograph mate.

So will a multivitamin mess up the fast or is it simply not necessary? I'll probably continue taking one unless it negatively affects the outcome

pic related is what I take

Do any of you water fasters have manual labor jobs? Is it possible (or even safe) to water fast while working carpentry 30 hours a week?

>Do I still have to exercise to lose fat if I'm retarded
No, you're retarded.
>maybe a multivitamin will have adverse effects on my idiotic fasting?
No, you're retarded.
>I have a difficult relationship with food, should I pick and evaluate a sane long-term diet or TIC TIC BOOM shock the body
Gee, I wonder.

how significant would be the strength loss after a week of water fast? how to limit it as much as possible?

stop posting in fasting threads, my ill-informed friend

least he wouldnt have to swallow all them extra calories

L to the O to the L

Yeah mate. The body has a purge toxins mode that switches on for some reason why you're starving...

Don't people also spout some BS about bullshit about white fuzz on your tongue representing the toxins your body is expelling?

Fucking lol man.....

Water fasting is a meme / a trend, why do you think people are just hopping onto it.

People who water fast are the same kinda people who buy fidget spinners or whatever the next le fad is.

Little to none

Do as little strenuous work as possible.

why? wouldn't moderate-intensity strength training help to maintain more strength and muscle during the fast? can I at least do some light singles?

Can we please stop calling it "water-fast" and just call it "starvation" instead? Because that's what this is. And you WILL gain all the weight back as soon as you begin eating.
Oh sure it might take a few weeks or a few months, but it's gonna come back

If anything do extremely low volume, but maximal efforts tend to "precede" feeding and initiates protein synthesis, i.e. your muscle will eat themselves.

Doing nothing on the other hand, preserves what you have "for the opportune moment".

Woah... So your weight comes back if you stop your diet....

Woah....

Guess people should stop dieting and exercise because it'll all come back eventually!