Barbell row or Pendlay row?

Barbell row or Pendlay row?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=k_Dz8TADiNM
youtube.com/watch?v=7ygJ53bD95w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I prefer DB rows, I like that greater range of motion and not having my limiting factor when doing rows be how long my legs can stay there is that weird semi squat position

I agree that DB rows are superior but I think you should do both, first barbell, then DB, much like you should first do BB bench then DB bench.

t bar

>"...much like you should..."
If that works for you, fantastic. That being said, just because that's what YOU do doesn't mean everyone else SHOULD do it. Plenty of people have gotten huge on dumbbell only routines.

excuse my wording I forgot the disclaimer that I'm not telling anybody what to do. healthy at every routine and all

How do I get legs with only dumbella

I like this the most

Split squats, calf raises

I have 2 different pull workouts, other one starting with some DB rows into T bar rows into something, other one having low row into barbel rows. I also do a light set of chins and then some lat pulldowns.

>Pendlay rows are not performed with a barbell
You mean Yates* or Pendlay, and the correct answer is neither. Chest supported barbell rows is where it's at
>Muh stabilisers
You will never move as much weight with two dumbells as you will with a loaded barbell. Doing your heavy fives and then your cosmetic lifts is inarguably the best way to get thicc

Dumbbell deadlifts

You dont use two dumbbells for db row, you do one at time
If youre doing kroc rows you can go heavy as fuck too

Personally i find db rows to be great for my mid/lower traps, and barbell to be better for lats

What do you guys think of the meadows row?

You can't.

t. Someone who tried

Neither

Opinions?

It's fine
You should be doing another compound row before this IMO

you just have shit genetics

split squats work just fine if you actually push through

is his back in a proper form?

yates row

biking can grow your quads a lot

Power cleans.

yes. some rounding is okay

K R O C
R
O
C

>You dont use two dumbbells for db row, you do one at time
I know smartass, that's not my point. I said two dumbells to help your case, because it would be unfair to judge weight lifted with one arm as opposed to two
>If youre doing kroc rows you can go heavy as fuck too
Kroc rows are the db equivalent of cheat rows, cheat rows can go heavy as fuck too
>Personally i find db rows to be great for my mid/lower traps, and barbell to be better for lats
Ok

Split squats are just homosex lunges. If you're lifting heavy enough then you probably need a gym because dumbbells are expensive and at that point you might as well just use a bb.

Kek

I like Yates underhand.

t bar rows are the best rows imo, but i have never seen a weighted tbar setup in a gym, ever.

great for building traps

Seated cable rows.

"Do t-bar rows."

-- t. bar

People here usually say Pendlay Row is bad because they arent strong enough to actually do them so they tell you to do dumb bell rows or some other crossfit like exercise. Unless you are dumb bell rowing like 120 pound dumb bells you better stick with a barbell.

here's actually proof of someone who is big and strong as fuck and only does barbell row and chinups for a strong back.

youtube.com/watch?v=k_Dz8TADiNM

After a couple of weeks your you will be limited by rear delts. Your hamstringd should be able to hold just fine if you do your squats.

problem is I keep hitting my chest before I feel it in my back

>this guy's chin/jaw

this nigga had all the testosterone growing up

lunges bra

goblet squats too

power cleans

Fuck dude, most guys here aren't as genetically gifted as this beast. He's strong as fuck to be rowing my squat max like its baby shit

Pendlay. They enforce proper rom

You should be using 35lb plates for greater rom

T-Bar & Yates masterrace.

I can't bloody get used to DB Rows at all, feels inconsistent as fuck.

Brian Alsruhe was skinny as fuck, pic related. Don't let his ridiculous current stats fool you.

Absolutely this, why people are doing DB Rows when they can't even row 2pl8 for reps is beyond me.

this

keked loudly

Between the two, Pendlay rows for sure. I fucking hate barbell rows, since even with perfect form the weight is always wanting to pull your body forward or push you to cheat with short, horizontal pulls. Pendlay rows force good form by being an explosive movement. You're always going to pull the weight straight up, so you don't have to worry as much about the path of the bar. You also don't have to worry about holding your abs, glutes, hamstrings, and lower back steady for an extended period of time like you would with a bent over row.

If you want something similar to a bent over barbell row, but with a more natural pulling motion, try t-bar rows. You get a stretch on all your core muscles like with a bent-over row, but it's easier to control the weight allowing you to focus on contracting your back muscles properly. If you want a longer range of motion, supplement them with single-arm dumbbell rows. Or single-arm landmine rows, whatever.

looks like it takes up a huge amount of space, don't be a faggot

Pendlay until it gets too heavy

Glorified dumbell row, takes up too much space and equipment. Reminds me of cunts who take up two benches to step on them and do weird dumbell front squats instead of just doing front squats, or at least holding the dumbell from the bottom so that they don't need to step on benches

OP here. I was talking about the angle, not the barbell.

>You will never move as much weight with two dumbells as you will with a loaded barbell.
this is total bullshit. I could dumbbell row (from a dead-stop, not that kroc row bullshit) about 75% of my barbell row. similarly to this, but with a dumbbell:
youtube.com/watch?v=7ygJ53bD95w