Hey so my idiotic friend said that his 30kg in each hand seated db shoulder press is more impressive than my 60kg OHP!!!

Hey so my idiotic friend said that his 30kg in each hand seated db shoulder press is more impressive than my 60kg OHP!!!

He's an idiot for thinking so right?
OHP is a harder exercise that shoulder be heavier than seated db shoulder press..

r-right???

seated db shoulder press is a meme

It's a different workout for the muscle muscle on dumbbells as opposed to barbell. Neither is more impressive than the other and you're both dumb.

Jk BB OHP is better than DB, if for nothing else than form. Your friend should really consider switching to BB unless he is a massive poorfag who can't afford anything else.

hwo come all the big guys at my gym does seated db press? and when they do OHP they do more weight ?? !

on OHP I can do less with barbell than combined dumbbells; I can do 40 kg/hand dumbbells and only 75 kg OHP. Standing is also harder than seated because you can stabilize seated against the bench

so your friend is wrong

dumbell press is inferior to barbell press if you had to choose one or the other.
Dumbell press could be used as assistance to your OHP but in reality there are other exercises which would be much more effective towards that goal (lying tricep extension, dips)

WRONG
R
O
N
G

I'm right, you're wrong

also, db shoulder press is inferior as it wrecks your rotator cuff in the long run too, BB OHP is superior

can i get some non dyels opinion on this?

Everything dumbell is harder and better and OHP is no exception

Seated dumbbell press

>everyone arches their back turning into a incline bench

>with bigger dumbbbells which are 30 kg, people go 90 degrees with their elbows, but thats not full rom like a standing OHP to the clavicles

I have 17.5" lean arms ripped/athletic mode and already gave my opinion in , so there's that
also this

do BB you dyel fuck OP if that's you in the picture you're literally half my size, doubt you can even PP 60

You must be retarded. For OHP it's obvious that you go from clavicles to lock out for a complete rep but dumbbell press has a different bar path and mainly works the shoulders for that matter. On OHP you also got a whole lot of tricep work in it but the DB Press is designed to be worked like that.

what he is saying is that people bastardize the shoulder press to an incline press despite the bench being set to shoulder press angle, all by arching their back

Some arching ain't problematic though. If you really believe that leaning back a few degrees is turning the exercise into a chest dominant one you probably never lifted in your life. For people with rotator cuff problems and bad shoulders in general it's much healthier to lean back a bit doing your shoulder presses and ohp. The last time I did a strict dumbbell press without leaning back I almost broke my whole shoulder because the dumbbell went flying. And that was not even an ego lift.

Db>bb~lb4lb

stfu martin

bro you're built just like The Golden One imo :)

If you're used to cheating on seated by sliding down the bench to get more of an incline press lean as it gets heavy your DB will exceed your BB

I just strict press them in both situations and I find I can do pretty much equal weight

you'll have a 10x better chance of doing seated with 30kg than he will with 60kg standing

Yes, but being seated makes a major difference. You could probably bang out 10-20% more weight seated than standing, regardless of whether you are using a barbell or dumbbells.

Are you wearing lipstick OP?