I want to go to the gym and learn how to squat, deadlift and OHP but I have social anxiety...

I want to go to the gym and learn how to squat, deadlift and OHP but I have social anxiety. I really want to lose weight and look nice and maybe exercise will help with my depression. Squatting and deadlifting seems very complicated though. What should I do?

I like her body but more toned.

go fuck yourself entitled whore

Read the sticky.

If you want to lose weight, calculate your TDEE and undercut it by 300-500kcal per day - you will lose a pound a week.
You will need to recalculate your TDEE every 5lbs or so, or use an app that adjusts automatically for you - MFP is fantastic and free.

Lift and do cardio so you're not starving yourself and you're doing as much recomp as possible.

Once you're at a lower bf%, start on 150-300kcal excess, and start with compound lifts three times a week, as in SS.
If you want more muscle size, go for hypertrophy, if you want more strength go for volume.

Basically, if you want a big butt, go 60-75% 1RM weight arse to grass on squats until failure on at least one set; if you want more strebgth, follow the standard SS 3*3 heavy option.

What's your height and weight user?

>60-75% 1RM weight
What does this mean?
5'5" 150 pounds

1RM - one rep max ( you heaviest you can life for one rep)

There are apps and calculators available all over the place to work it out

Your 1RM is the most weight you lift in a single rep.

At 150lbs and your height, you probably have 30lbs to drop if you have very little lean muscle.
You can do that in a couple of months if you track your intake and monitor your progress.

Very doable, but you NEED to stick with it.
No unscheduled cheat days, no soft drinks, no Starbucks bullshit - you need to commit or else you'll give up because you won't reach your goal.

You can do this, but you need to stick with it.

Wew boy. Okay, another one of these threads.

Hey, welcome to Veeky Forums. We're getting an influx of people wanting to start working out, which is fine. Most of your questions about form and other workout stuff can be found in the sticky, here Now to address your actual post.
>but I have social anxiety.
So did a lot of us, including me. Thing about the gym is that people don't usually pay attention to you if you're doing your workout, so long as you aren't doing something completely retarded or making a scene.

> Squatting and deadlifting seems very complicated though. What should I do?
LEarn the proper form. It's not complicated once you learn how to do it correctly. There's a million videos on youtube for form on any lfit you can think of. Also, I refer again to the sticky.

>I like her body but more toned.
Toned is a pretty vague term. What you're probably trying to say is "I want to have muscular definition" which can be answered by this guys post i.e. eat less and workout.

Good luck user.

Go back to Pol you troglodytes.

>taking the bogpill
I see you are also a man of supreme intellect

Squatting is hard to learn....try with a brush handle at home or something....u got to sit down.. Knees just in front of toes...different feeling than to just squatting down as u would withouy weightlifting....
U should get a lil training advice from somone who works there....get a PT for a lesson...or just a mirror n youtube until u feel ready for gym...checkout startingstrength vidoes on youtube for form....and alanthrall....get abroom stick..

One year ago that was me. Today i am lifting at gym in rush hour and making new friends and acquaintances all the time.

You should read Starting Strength. Especially the "how to" on the lifts. Then watch ripptoes tutorials on youtube. Then go in middle of the night or early early in the morning. Gyms often open really early and close very late. Record your self lifting and see if you form is alright. The lifts aren't that hard to learn so you'll be able to do it on your own. Good luck

settle down children

Good info but quit typing like a nignog.

Okay so what percentage of my 1RM do I have to squat to get a big butt? Is there any good routines for big butts?

There's a thousand female instagram models who would like to have a word with you.

If you do a well balanced workout that includes squats, everything will get more muscular, especially your butt. Also deadlifts, glute bridges, etc. and so forth.

Muscle size is about hypertrophy.

Hypertrophy comes in at the exhaustion point due to high reps.
So, somewhere between 50-75% of your 1RM you will find your working weight - a weight you can do 8-10 reps before having to stop.

Do three - four sets of this weight at 8-10 reps a set, then do one more set until failure.
As in, don't stop until you literally can not stand - don't give up, just fail.

More information in the sticky.

As for a routine, SS is fantastic, just adjust for hypertrophy or do one strength day and two hypertrophy days a week.

That seems complicated. I would have to calculate the hypertrophy weight every workout day for multiple lifts...

>read the sticky
>explain the whole sticky in the post
KYS my white knight faggot

A shame about the sideshow bob hair of niggers.

Not really.

You calculate it once then bump it up 2.5kg every time it gets too easy.

Simple.

Fuck off, we're all gonna make it, some people just need a bit more help.

Okay but isn't SS by itself good for hypertrophy? I read that there's warm up sets so that's enough volume, si?

bc 2 hypertrophy / 1 strength day seems confusing with the A day/B day schedule

It's a power lifting routine, which is why overloading is so emphasised, but its a great routine for anyone wanting to work core/glutes/legs.

To do with the 2/1 split and AB split:
Make Monday strength day, Wednesday and Friday can be hypertrophy days.

Monday should rotate between A and B.

wtf lol cuck mods deleted the nigger comments

Because anyone who tries to scare off anyone trying to improve themselves/make it deserves to lose their gains.

No problem with it being in a humor/FPH/Bantz thread - but discouraging someone trying to better themselves is a dog act.

Okay, thanks. So to change SS, I should make it 3x8-10 for hypertrophy?

it's pretty great actually

Basically, then a failure set at least once per week.

You could change entirely to hypertrophy, but that would drastically curtain any strength gains, which may make progress harder down the road.

Also, don't do GOMAD, you're a bit too small to be doing that.

Just remember, use a food diary app like MyFitnessPal, run at a 500kcal deficit until you reach a decent working weight, then a 300-500kcal surplus until you need to cut again.

Just remember to monitor your weight so you're not gaining too fast - if it's more than a pound a week, cut back calories slightly.

Also, food scales, cost $10, holy fuck do they make dieting easy.

is me tho
they left this up and deleted it because it said nigger is my guess

Eh, whatever, fuck off with that shit, this is a self improvement thread.

If you can't handle someone asking questions because they're a woman/black then you need to go back to /r9k/.

Okay, thanks :)
Last question, is it okay to deadlift more than once a week?

Definitely, it's an exercise like any other, you'll know if you can retrain because the muscles that are taxed will not feel painful.

they don't wash it often, though, so it smells

how would you know virgin?

It's extra grip when I face fucc a bitch