Powerlifting General - /PLG/

Welcome to Powerlifting General. A place for the sport (hobby) of powerlifting, and for the development of strength and size using the big barbell movements.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Su4EWOYDyRE
powerliftingtowin.com/category/programming/
t-nation.com/training/bulgarian-split-squats
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

HIYA SENPAI

>Manlet
>Sumo
>Bendy bar
Reee

Reposting question, is my form bad enough to explain why I herniated a disc on this rep?
youtu.be/Su4EWOYDyRE

Your bar would bend too if you put some weight on it.

One rep usually doesn't slip a disc, it was probably many reps of shooting your hips up.

My deadlift is beyond shit pls help me
All my other lifts are progressing fine, but I can't figure out deadlifts
My form is shit even with lighter weight
pls help

So I finally finished Smolov Jr for squats, everything hurts after 185kg 10x3 kek. I'm thinking about doing an amrap with 200kg, how should I go about doing it? Thought about doing smth like 170-180 for a couple of reps on Monday and go for it on Thursday/Friday.
Also, I want to try out the Hypeburn method. What weight should I start with? 180kg?

Lmoo

Your form isn't that bad.

Your symptoms don't sound like a herniated disc, you would be experiencing sciatic nerve pain if it were. It literally sounds like an erector strain.

T. Had the same thing happen to them

Hey /plg/ I recently fixed 2 problems with my squat form. 1. Forward dip out of the hole and a tight hip flexor on my left leg after squats.

Anyways, now when I squat it feels like the right leg is more "on" as in I can feel it working properly but this doesnt feel the same in the left although I get no pain from it.

Should I just do unilateral work to fix this or has anyone experienced this issue

Need a powerlifting routine but only have:dumbbell set, bench, barbell set, squat rack with pull up bar

Project Momentum

80%. A little lower is fine if you're not great with high reps on squat (you want to start with your 8 RM)

So you have everything. Good.

Pick any program that matches your goals.

You definitely could be using more leg involvement there, your torso is parallel to the ground

>Place bar too far back when squatting
>Severe shoulder pain from it pushing down on the top of my shoulders and gives me bruises

>Place bar too close to neck
>It's pressing on the spiny neck thing

I already told you what you need to do, nerd.

looks fine ish

your grip is probally shit

youre doing it wrong

what did you say

Put some mass on your shoulders and upper back, twink. Shoulders back, create a shelf.

Or you could just use the pussy pad until you figure out a way to make your squat suicide look like an accident.

howis 5/3/1?

Please put the following in subsequent OP's:

powerliftingtowin.com/category/programming/

Let Izzy take care of some of the autism around here.

>Just get some muscle mass, bro

I'm trying! I pendlay row 125lbs but what do I do in the mean time?

Chalk

>Do Greg Nuckols 3x Int high using bench max of 230lbs
>not hard, but not easy
>attempt to max
>do 215lbs for maybe an RPE 9
>attempt 225lbs and fail twice
Bench is a meme. I mean why would that 4 weeks be so doable if I essentially inflated my max by over 10lbs?

Eat more and take some dbol

How do you know it's the grip? What gives it away?

So...about 180kg. Thanks, it's going to be a fun ride kek.

Nuckols is a shit bencher and so his program is also shit.

I'm cutting until I'm no longer fat though

Holy shit you can't cut and powerlift and build muscle without drugs.

1. you look dyel
2. you say everything is progressing; squat has great carryover for the deadlift
3. since the squat doesnt work the grip its the only thing that is left out
4. fix: do more upperbody pulling; pendlays, chins etc

should I still deload?

by a few kg maybe

Nah, just be conscious of keeping the load centered/balanced. Maybe toss in some paused squats.

Form is fine and you don't look like you are pushing yourself, so your hamstrings, glutes, erectors and quads aren't an issue.
Bar speed is consistent so this is clearly a submaximal effort.
You pulled the slack on the bar a couple times too many, like you were making sure you griped it correctly.
And finally, you are skinny as shit, which means you are a beginner, yet you browse /plg/, which means you are on SS, which means you are deadlifting once per week, so your grip doesn't get any training.
Switch to Izzy's beginner program (powerlifting to win). His intermediate programs are too complicated and I hate RPE, but his beginner powerlifting program is hands down the most sensible one.

The last week kind of sucks, you don't have to test every month anyway, if the tougher workouts were manageable, add weight to your TM.

But I'm a novice I'm getting stronger

So I'll forever just workout with an inflated max?

lmao you could actually progress on SS with that bench

I benched 255 last time and went back to SS for lulz and im actually adding 2.5lbs on my bench a session

Why are powerlifters so fat and ugly?

No, the last week peak/taper sucks, it's not a good way to actually hit a good max. It's already fairly high intensity, week three is hard as fuck, if you were truly inflating it you'd be missing reps left and right.

Do I need to switch from a beginner routine (currently on SS) to intermediate if I cant always advance the weight every session successfully but am able to add on extra reps?
For example my goal for squat was to do 3x5 at 265 but I was only able to do 3x4. Next session I will be able to do 3x5. This has been happening more and more, so is it time to switch?

I only failed a single set on week three (the last set of say one), so if I should be missing reps a lot, then maybe I just had a shit time peaking, or I was off today?

Day one*

For the time being try overloading only on MF sessions and squat light on Wed

For the third time, the peak, as designed, is shitty, and does not set you up for success. That does not mean you've gotten weaker or haven't gotten stronger.

IS the reasoning behind this to recover more efficiently by lowering the overall intensity?

Lowering total volume and lowering adaptation demand by progressing twice instead of thrice per week

It seems like nobody likes me

I like you. What did you have for lunch today?

Your mom's asshole

That wasn't me ah poo

I mean I know she's Aryan race, but she's also 105 kg at 1.65m... did you even like it?

Gotta boost my testosterone somehow man

If it makes you happy have at it

Posted here a few weeks ago about an issue with my abs
Basically they'd keep getting strained whenever I trained them and they'd be strained for several days after as we as I wouldn't be able to sit-up when laying on my back.

Well I fixed the issue

Let me know if you wanna known how to fix it

Are you telling me you have one weird tip to get rid of ab doms?

Chiropractors HATE him!

>be fat
>cutting down
>can see slight shadow of abs in the gym locker room mirror (because of lighting)
>first time seeing abs ever
>still spare tire

Weird.

>WAWTT
>WAWET
>WAWLTT
>WAWFT

Does anyone have a copy of the Lilliebridge Method ebook? I didn't see it in the dropbox.

TLDR
>lift with dad
>pop orals like tic tacs
>listen to your designated PR song
>try really hard

You need to get lower in the hole and get your shoulders even with the bar, You're over extending.

anybody have the dietmar train every lift every day program for natural athletes google spreadsheet link

does anybody have a graph of an emg showing empirically why benchpress is good enough to build arm size and that you dont even need curls

\no i dont

You could use glute stronkgth. Lower back loses integrity slightly on the second rep. You do well of pushing the hips and flexing glutes at the top but it looks like more is needed.

t-nation.com/training/bulgarian-split-squats

Bulgarian Split Squats or any lunge will really help you feel your glutes. This article is okay. Most T Nation shit is pretty meme-core and rambly but it suggests good auxillary lifts to strengthen yourself into it.

Dont go super far out. Put your foot on a bench and hop out until your quads are parallel. Dont need to go knee-to-floor either. Just close to it. Start with like a 10 or 20lb kettlebell. Do it once a week and you'll be able to add 5-10 pounds a week to the lift assuming ur eating right.

You dont start the deadlift from a down position. Your ass should be as high as possible.

Haha you sound like Trappy right now! Ever put anything in your butthole?

Aw lookey hes asking himself qwestions

>electomyography
>implying its ever been a legitimate characterization for making such conclusions.
>Trusting a graph just because it's peer-reviewed research.

Take a guess how I know you're a faggot.

Kill yourself.

r8 my texas method fun template i'll run in summer
>week 1
>mon
bench 5x5
klokov press 5x3
french press
lateral raises + face pulls
curls(???)
>tues
squat 5x5
clean 5x3
sgdl 5x1-3
seated gm 3x10
chins 3x10
>thurs
bench singles
press rep max
dips
lat raises + face pulls
curls (????)
>fri
squat rep max OR heavy singles
deadlift max OR heavy singles
back extensions
chins
>week 2
>mon
press 5x5
bench variation
french press
lat raises + face pulls
>tues
squat 5x5
snatch doubles
opposite stance deadlift
seated GM
chins
>thurs
press singles
bench rep max
dips
lat raises + face pulls
curls (????)
>fri
squat rep max OR heavy singles
deadlift rep max OR heavy singles
back extensions
chins

also probably throw in abs here and there

Sweet summer child doesnt know how to deadlift.

>Your ass should be as high as possible

Yeah if you're a leglet with no hamstring/glute strength

REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Isley should pull a Leeman and runaway to Cambodia and document his daily life. I'd watch that wanker stumble around town gawking at ladyboys.

Tfw Isley will never make YouTube videos again

Is it a bad idea to just run sheiko 37v2 intermediate medium load indefinity, adding 2.5 kg after each cycle until I cant keep up? Or do I need to also add the other cycles?

Bench and squat have been murdering my wrists lately

I should be getting wrist wraps right?

Competition day today lads. Wish me luck!

Good luck senpai. Go smash it.

If squats hurt your wrists, you are doing it wrong.

We'll I think bench is making them sore then any pressure during squats can be shitty

I wish i was a fucking manlet muscledwarf REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Can I make decent gains doing low intensity deadlifts for high reps? (6-12 reps)

My deadlift form isn't all that great and I do squats n deads on the same day.

Maybe I should look up dietmar or something?

jesus fucking christ, what is he, 5'0?

my friend had a 5'3 football coach who could rep 450 on bench like it was nothing

Dunno. He's a short lad

I'd probably run a test week after each cycle.
So you can get a better look at your strength gain.

For anyone interested, Bakkelund's weekly layout as of February 2014 was
>Monday
"regular" squat, medium grip bench press with slow eccentric and concentric, and "regular" deaflit.
>Tuesday
Paused squat to box, CGBP with slow eccentric and concentric, deficit conventional deadlift with slow eccentric and concentric.
>Wednesday
Paused squat with 3-4 sec eccentric, board press with medium grip width, and sumo deadlift.
>Thursday
Paused front squat, board press supersettet with CGBP and SLDL.
>Friday
Squat with wraps, board press with slow eccentric, deficit semi-sumo, and SLDL.
>Accessory lifts
Every session. Accessories include OHP, different rows, triceps, trapz, biceps. Rows up to 5x/week depending on the circumstances. 4-7 sets of rows, 3-5 sets triceps/biceps, 6-7 sets OHP and trapz.

I assume the regular squats are HB and Tue/Wed/Fri squats are LB. The exercise selection is a consequence of being an equipped lifter, but it showcases Dietmar's tendency to have exercise variation in both 3x/week and 5x/week programs. Some anons seem to consider higher frequency than what most programs are based on, and this might inspire your own design.

who did a 20 rep squats programme? thoughts?

LOOK at that fucking oompa loompas right hand pink and ring fingers... That's such shit grip strength...

Dudes only able to pull that much with straps

>GG stronk smurf

What do you guys think about this programming?
My main goal right now is to build more upper body muscle, while slowly increasing bench weight.

Nuckols 3x int med for bench sets

Day1:
Bench
DB row
CGBP
Curl
Dips (high rep bw)

Day 2:
Bench
tricep pushdown, 20-30 rep sets, low weight

Day 3:
Bench
Weighted Chin-ups
Incline Bench
Weighted dips, lower reps
Curls

Anything you guys would change or do different? Will this work to put on upper body mass?

Ya missed squats and deads... no good looking like an upside down triangle

Is that Wilks in the pink shirt in the back there?

/owg/ is dead and you're the only strong guys on the board so I hope I can get advice

I'm learning to clean right now, no snatches or jerks yet. I'm doing something along the lines of a Dan John starting thing.

MWF
10x1 clean
3x5 squat
3x5 press/bench

My technique isn't good enough for heavy pulls yet and cleans aren't of enough weight for posterior chain development. Is it worth adding RDLs or something on a couple days?