Sugar Addiction

Hey Veeky Forums,
Can I get some advice on fighting a sugar addiction? It's currently my biggest problem diet wise.
Currently I've been buying small snack size packets of things and having one occasionally when it gets too bad,
I don't have good enough will power to go cold turkey.

Other urls found in this thread:

time.com/3746047/diet-soda-weight-gain/
forbes.com/sites/quora/2016/09/08/the-awful-truth-about-diet-soda-and-weight-gain-according-to-science/#1c1afa8c462f
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

is that you in the pic, cuz if it is I know you.

Also eat fruit
An orange, watermelon, banana etc.

bake some sweets with stevia instead of real sugar, and eat them when you're craving something sweet. not ideal, but its better than beetus. also fruit is okay.

Start with fake sugar. Diet drinks + sugar free candy. Diet drinks will curb the cravings but they're not so good that you'll want it every day. Sugar free candies (with sugar alcohol I believe) will make you shit your pants if you eat too many so you won't be able to binge without consequences.

What this guy said. Drink diet coke when you get cravings. gives you that sugar taste and that caffeine rush. Is it unhealthy? I'm not sure, I just know it's better than eating straight sugar.

The problem is that you've grown up eating food that fosters a certain type of bacteria in your stomach that creates metabolites that bind to nerves in your stomach, sending chemicals to your brain that make you crave sugar. Only way to get this bacteria gone are by flushing them out with a diet low on sugar + water, or a fecal transplant.

>is that you
No, pic for attention

>eat fruit
What's the best types for that sugary taste?

Luckily, I cant drink soft drinks. Any suggestions for decent energy drinks though?

These guys are wrong. Drinking diet stuff to beat sugar craving will actually induce you to eat more. This is well-studied. I'll link this articles rather than actual studies because I can't find the specific one I'm thinking of

time.com/3746047/diet-soda-weight-gain/
forbes.com/sites/quora/2016/09/08/the-awful-truth-about-diet-soda-and-weight-gain-according-to-science/#1c1afa8c462f

basically; diet soda induces cravings while not producing anything of a satiated feeling itself. Isn't it obvious to you guys, that the fattest fucks are ALWAYS swilling diet soda?

If you need something sweet to drink, learn to make things like hibiscus punch sometimes called "jamaica". Diet sodas are NOT the way to go; almost all available literature shows that they are indeed ONE OF THE MOST HARMFUL THINGS YOU COULD POSSIBLY CONSUME.

>Any suggestions for decent energy drinks though?
>being this new
Moster Zero Ultra mate

Bro, you are linking forbes and time as your sources. Not to say that drinking diet drinks isnt bad for overall sugar cravings, but if you're trying to combat cravings as you're addicted, diet soda is a way to start.
Redbull sugar free. Or black coffee, or do what I did, and realize the motivation to work out hard is a combination of your mentality and good music. Go to the gym with good music and think about something that pisses you off, and you'll have a great workout without putting stress on your heart from all that caffeine.

also coconut oil satiates sugar cravings for me so try that shit out its actually really filling too

>almost all available literature shows that they are indeed ONE OF THE MOST HARMFUL THINGS YOU COULD POSSIBLY CONSUME.

yet you gave such shit "sources" for your claims

Not op, but are you saying to literally eat coconut oil? shit tastes shitty even when I just cook with it

>Bro, you are linking forbes and time as your sources.

read the articles you absolute fucking nincompoop, do you think they don't link to studies? retard.

it amazes me that EVERY PIECE OF BASICALLY INDISPUTABLE GOOD ADVICE I GIVE ON THIS BOARD IS MET WITH DETRACTION FROM SOMEONE WHO HAS NO FUCKING CLUE WHAT THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT.

I USED THE WORDS "THIS IS WELL STUDIED" FOR A ***SPECIFIC*** ***REASON*** THAT REASON BEING THAT IT

***IS***
*WELL*
***STUDIED***

>mainstream "news" articles
>scientific literature

I'd be criminally under-exaggerating if just typed "pick one".

>well studied

Are you retarded? I read 3 sources in the dogshit articles that you linked, the first 2 were about diabetes (we all know some sweeteners cause insulin spikes, this is nothing new) and the third was an opinion article titled "I asked 8 researchers why studying nutrition is hard" or some bullshit like that.

Nobody is going to read the mountain of shit you just posted to do the job of creating citations to your argument for you just so that they can then tell you why you're wrong. Fuck you for making me give these retards a free page visit.

Not only this, but some of the sources are just linking other shitty """news""" websites which then misuse another 30 fucking sources which may or may not be credible in the first place.

The sheer volume of waffle and filler contained within any of these articles is fucking magnitudes greater than any actual science there might be. It's just written pretty so 30 year old married white women can pretend to be scientists when they set out to decide what they will and won't allow their kids to eat.

Just stop.
Seriously.
You've got to want the result more than you want that hit.
It's an addiction and the only way to stop it is not to indulge it.
Anytime you find yourself wanting it, berate yourself mentally and re-focus on the goal.

>we all know some sweeteners cause insulin spikes, this is nothing new

the fact that artificial sweeteners cause insulin spikes was absolutely something new a few years ago.

>but some of the sources are just linking other shitty """news""" websites

so too stupid to actually hover the links that go to the studies and click those. ouch.

i don't know why i bother here. I' should stick with clients who pay to listen, rather than children who have no education and violently oppose knowledge.

Going cold turkey is easier than what you're doing, at least after the first week.

I didn't find a single relevant study to weight gain. I found many stating things I already know, like "people with bad habits also drink diet soda" and "some sweeteners cause insulin spikes, which can lead to diabetes for people with bad habits" and "rats get fat when you feed them diet soda with (similar?) caloric intake" which is completely irrelevant to humans anyway.

Nice argument though, you're not the first angry manchild to spew broscience and you certainly won't be the last. The fact that you expect me to read the sources that you didn't bother to read yourself is incredibly telling. You'd rather pretend to know something than actually know it.

dude you don't have to put up such a defensive mountain to respond to the fact that you were overly aggressive in your defense and now look like an idiot. stuff like not knowing artificial sweeteners causing insulin spikes was newly verified research shows that you have absolutely no clue about this and NEED to read the NEWS ARTICLES where it's broken down for someone WITHOUT A SCIENCE EDUCATION :)

did you miss the part of my post where I said I couldn't locate the specific article that I was looking for? the posts were meant to give you the gist of the situation nonetheless

and despite all your arguing: i am right and you are wrong. Suggesting diet soda to fight sugar cravings is literally the worst suggestion you could make. You're suggesting someone smoke to stop smoking effectively-- your advice is incorrect to the point of absurdity.

If I care to I will crush-- not defeat, crush-- you in knowledge of the human body and its metabolism and pharmacokinetics becuase you *have no actual education on this whereas I have four years of it*

whatever you wanna tell yourself about how everyone else is a "broscientist" though. couldn't be that you are just wrong, and your dysfunctional, unable-to-be-wrong personality is why you're here in the first place.

My degree is in analysing data, not nutritional meme science or whatever the fuck certificate you graduated with after 4 years of part time PT education at your local gym. I don't need to read your argument, I've already read the same bullshit 100 different times published 100 different ways by people whose entire argument consists of "here's a bunch of random facts which I gleaned from reading the titles of these 40 scientific studies". If I find one misused source then it's obvious the person writing the article didn't bother to read their sources, so why should I? My time is more valuable than fact checking some retard who typed "artificial sweetener" into wikipedia and then copied the entire reference section.

I'm trying to corner you into giving me a source because I already know you're wrong and I can easily prove the math or scientific process behind whatever study you're leaning on is flawed. Everyone in the stats world knows that the majority of studies in fields like psychology and nutrition are a slew of bad math, uncontrolled and undocumented influential factors and the assumption that p = P((Alternate)|Data) which is simply not true. You can argue about possibilities, unproven hypotheses and all kinds of open ended garbage all you want, but if you tell me "I'm right because this study says so" and your study doesn't actually say what you're claiming, your argument is undeniably invalid.

Sugar addiction is definitely the hardest to beat. It's easy to cut out other things but sugar. Luckily I've never liked coke and whatever so I can cut those out easy but anything sweet like cookies, candy and all that other shit is hard.

Ironically I found baking to help me a lot. IF I'm feeling like buying a pack of cookies I instead buy some ingredients and waste an afternoon baking a whole batch. I'll maybe keep 5-10 for the week and take the rest to work to give out to people. I don't know why but I can be satisfied with 1-2 cookies I baked myself for a day much more than an entire pack of oreos I'd demolish in a sitting at my worst

Literally (Le)ddit levels of autism displayed right here.

in order to beat your "sugar addiction" you have to stop eating sugar you weak willed filthy millenial
Didnt your dad teach you how not to be a faggot?
Fuck you!