Started goal of biking about 1.5 per day

>started goal of biking about 1.5 per day
>today is first day of goal
>1.26 miles in and pollen and 90 Fahrenheit heat start killing me

Jesus h christ I don't know how you normies do it

1.5 miles? isn't that the equivalent of jogging once around the block?

One side of square "block" in USA is 0.1 miles.
Square has 4 sides.

>you do the math

Biking is way easier.

>biking 1.25 miles
>in 90 f weather

wow man you crushed it. great job. that's like half of a normal persons commute down here except it's 10 degrees hotter here.

seriously though stop bitching and keep going. 1.25 is nothing on a bike. my 5 year old niece does that for fun after eating a bowl of grapes.

>1.26 miles in and pollen

Jesus Christ this is sad.

1.5 miles is like 5 minutes.

I don't know what to say about the pollen, but you should be able to bike farther.

One thing that's hard with cardio is that you have to do some recovery while you are still biking/running/whatever. You may go up a hill and feel like you're gonna die and think you need to stop, but what you need to do it take it easy for a minute and let your heart rate drop some but stay on the bike. It fucking sucks but that's just how it works. Then you can keep going much further.

1.5 is super short. Everyone starts somewhere but plan to increase that quickly. AT LEAST .5 miles a week in the beginning.

Also try to find a longer route as opposed to doing laps. It'll be a lot more interesting for you and it's fun to learn new roads. For the same reason, prefer riding a big circle as opposed to out-and-back.

Oh and what type of bike are you riding?

lmfao, 1.5 miles

obviously smoking on dat kush, give him a break

Remember
>these are the people giving you training advice

Damn nigga im out as shape as fuck and 290 pounds i can go 10 miles easy lol. Wait till its dark if you dont like it warm.

Find a longass downhill with a bus stop at the bottom. Ride your bike down and a bus up, rinse and repeat. Don't forget to log the cycled distance so those burned calories count. Enjoy your weight loss!

Everybody goes at their own pace. You're not supposed to be hitting 20mph for 6 hours straight on your first try.

Biking is all about building the endurance/stamina to push yourself to improve the next time you bike.

People like you start off biking with the "IM GONNA PUSH MYSELF AND SET GOALS" and then get disappointed and hate biking because they push themselves too hard the first time.

You should have began casually biking, seeing how long you last, and not have pushed yourself, and then tried to improve your previous time/distance. This is how it works for every exercise.

Look at your trials and tribulations now. You've faced heat and allergies. Next time, bring a water bottle / hat and some allergy medications. Maybe some headphones or a bluetooth speaker so you can play some music while you bike. For some people, music helps them keep going.

Don't listen to everyone here who is downplaying you. Sure, 1.5 may be too short, but if you consider that 40% of americans are obese, that 1.5 still puts you ahead of 40% of the fucking country. Maybe bump that up to 50-70% who are slim but do not exercise and sit on a chair/couch for 16 hours a day(at risk for diabetes, strokes, etc.)

You're literally better than 70% of your country. 1.5 is not a lot for Veeky Forums who are somewhat physically active, but it's a lot compared to the rest of the planet. For example, you can't walk into hospital as a fresh nursing student graduate and expect to know more about healthcare than the very small amount of doctors who have a lot of experience, but you do know a lot more about healthcare than the majority of the patients, janitors, admin staff in that hospital. However, there are nurses who do their job for years and see it all, and become as knowledgeable as some doctors. It's not about getting right on the first try, it's about constantly improving.

Don't give up.

If you can't bike more than 1.26 miles stop playing Minecraft and start being more active you fat cuck

These are excellent words of advice. I really can't stress enough how out of shape most Americans are. Everyone needs to start somewhere. At least the OP is trying.

back to the /fat/ thread

Excellent words of advice, mate. Biking is new for me, but exercising and all is not as I am a powerlifter. Simply trying to reduce the amount of fat on me through some cardio (and diet ofc).

Exactly how fat are you because 1.5 miles is shit.

If the heat is bad ride earlier in the morning or later in the evening. If you keep at it, you can make it to 15 miles easily by the end if the year.