>that exercise you find hardest of all
>on the last few sets
>you know you can do it, but even the first two sets were a struggle
>your rest is almost over
>the iron is right there
>you breathe in deeply a few times
>...fuck, I have to do this now...

Anyone else know this feel? ;_;

I should probably start listening to music to get me pumped...

neck yourself, anime girl

Don't think, just move when the timer goes off.

I get that sometimes, just close my eyes and visualize myself completing the lift.

Do not be rude to one of Veeky Forums's fine female (male) posters.

Im glad im not the only one. Every time I move to a higher weight, I am always afraid I wont be able to lift it. It almost makes me want to stop lifting but I don't want that weight to beat me

I've been to snap city before, and the last set of Deadlifts gives me this feeling.

>referring to weights as "the iron"

stop

fuck off

>that last set of 5x5 deadlifts

>Last set of deadlifts
>It's AMRAP
>But with babby weight
Mixed feels

>Not wanting a cute anime girl to cheer you on

I'd rather have a cute anime girl (male)

no srs stop

I dread the leg press
that thing is gonna snap my spine in half one day

Reminded me of this.Maybe this gentlemans advice will help you OP.

Don't overthink it OP. Contrary to what Anime tells you, overthinking shit will just make you freeze up and doubt yourself, then you'll fuck it up, give up on exercising for a few weeks and go back to being a DYEL shitposter.

I've noticed this when I'm deadlifting. Over thinking shit just makes me stop or slow down mid lift, the weight comes crashing down on me, form starts going to shit and then I swear off deadlifts.

Instead I want you to put this lift in context. If you fail, it's ok since you'll still be alive and ready to lift the next day. If you don't fail then great! Onto the next PR. However, failing or not failing doesn't make you less of a person. People will still love you regardless.

The only thing that needs to go through your mind when lifting is your technique and how you're going to stay on target. Master that and you'll be fine. The worst thing that will happen is you having to deload and if you do, so what? Consistency is what gets you result. Intensity helps out once or twice but it'll place you in ER if you always rely on it.

So get your ass in the gym and start lifting. Also, avoid rap music or metal until you get your fear under control. Stick to relazing music with fewer beats like classical or jazz. Once you have your confidence back up then switch to faster music.

>not suggesting anime music
trying to keep all the gains to yourself huh?

go die faggot

is Joseph the best trap?

I get this everytime with heavy deadlifts. I can't ever just walk up to the bar and pull it up, I have to stand over it for like 30 seconds and then spend another 30 seconds adjusting my hands on the bar and making sure my feet are perfect before I attempt to even brace, and even then sometimes I pull out once I've braced and have to continue the process for another 30 seconds or so. Such is life.

>even the first two sets were a struggle
I'm on 5/3/1 and first sets are on lower percentages so if they are a struggle then I've fucked summin up, too little sleep or haven't been to the gym for some time. In both of these scenarios, even if I fail, there is still tomorrow.
>your rest is almost over
you can rest however long you want except for like half an hour
I was once doing BP and 2 dyels asked if they could work in just as I ended my second set, by the time I decided to do the third one (like 5, 6 minutes tops) they were both done
there was once a descendant of homegym masterrace who closed his eyes during the rest period on binch and woke up like 2 hours later only to continue the workout and set new PR

I don't feel the iron, I either succeed in lifting it as many times as I wanted or I don't.

>doesn't struggle on his sets

If you don't feel anything on your last rep, you're just warming up. Also, you sound autistic

>not going to make it

>reading comprehension: below average
I only said I'm not struggling on my first main sets. The last main set is AMRAP and it's there the struggle takes place.

This is why I had to go Super Saiyan, blasting out the theme every Friday on Texas Method to just get that 1 more PR to keep the progress going. Squats were my absolute favourite, hence why I also feared it so much having it on my back
>sleep like a saiyan so I'm fully rested for my intensity day
>during work, the only think I could think of was smashing that dere PR
>get off work, immediatly focus on workout, watch some DBZ clips
>Get to gym
>load up on preworkout
>Last intensity day was RPE 9000, barely lifting that thing, moving slow as fuck, even had time to contemplate if I should just dump the bar, keep pushing to go even further beyond
>now I have to do even more than that
>I start to feel unsure about the weight, but I'm confident that if I keep pushing I will get the bar moving
>unrack it, it feels heavy as fuck but get to the bigger weights, I have to defeat this first
>it gets up, I feel lightheaded after the first rep already
>second rep somehow feels a better since I have now done 1 rep and I know what it feels like and not what it should feel like
>I do the second, this shit is heavy and I have to do another three reps
>third rep and I'm breathing heavily because I brace as hard as possible
>my body tells me to rack but this is not my final form, how can I know I'm strong enough for 5 reps if I don't even try my hardest and quit after 3 because it "feels" heavy?
>fourth is already RPE 9.99999
>I stand for maybe 8-10 seconds to bace myself for the incoming rep
>I time the rep so this is when SSJ3 theme is playing ful blast
>THIS IS TO GO EVEN FURTHER BEYOND
>AAAAAAAHHHH
>it actually fucking gets up
>I survived another intensity day
>I didn't defeat not only the weight, but also my former self, I have ascended 2.5 kg more than last time
>I feel strong, pumped, I could fight a bear
>literally lose sleep every Friday night because I just wanted to smash another PR just after making one
>lie awake at night just thinken about another PR on Friday

actually it's my writing that's lacking, in my first post it should be "I don't FEAR the iron" instead of "I don't feel the iron"

damn I miss texas method already

Me too. I'm fucking scared of getting under the bar for the last set.
When I get under the bar, though, it's so heavy I'd rather get done with the reps rather than just stand with it and most of the time, I make it.

literally me with squats op

I feel genuinely anxious at the thought of not completing the last set

No, but that might be because I'm not a complete and total pussy.

Shut the fuck up

Not fear, but respect. Also I abstain from certain exercises.

I don't think the last set should scare you, but if the last rep doesn't worry you at least a little, then you aren't trying hard enough.

This is not your problem anymore. You embrace the fear. You love it when it feels heavy. You hate variety. You think people who make up bullshit excuses to justify their desire to do something easier are just scared, and you are not one of them. You are a lifter, and you lift heavy things. When you walk into the gym, you look around at all the bros doing arm work and five different chest exercises, and you smile because you know they don't know what you know. Or, maybe they do, but they don't have the balls to stay the course, put more weight on the bar and squat something they're afraid they can't squat. But you do that. You do that three days a week. You face your fear over and over and over. And sometimes you fail. Sometimes you can't get another rep. But you show up for your next session, and you try again. You stick to your plan. You learn how to fail. You learn how to try again. You learn that it won't kill you. And because you learned that, when life kicks you in the nuts, when your dog dies or your girlfriend dumps you or boss fires you, you can handle it. You can face it and feel it and know that you will get past it. And that, my friend, is more important that how much weight is on the bar. It's supposed to feel heavy. You're supposed to be scared. If you're not, you're not living. --Paul Horn, SSC

I miss it, I miss it so fucking much

squat is both a sick exercise and a scary one
when you feel like its so hard to come out from the bottom and you know you have to do more and the blood is leaving your legs

I feel that squats are only scary if you don't do them enough and/or with inconsistent form.
I used to be terrified of squatting until I upped the frequency, and made my form consistent, right from the setup.
Now the squats are still challenging, but not nearly as scary.

Squats still scare the fuck out of me because I tipped over the second time I ever did them

My center of gravity is kinda fucked because of my proportions, I can't actually just sit in a slav squat
So every time I get to the bottom of a squat it's scary as fuck

If you don't fear the iron you're not lifting hard enough.