Can't I just put the oats in a bowl add milk and eat it like cereal? What's with sll you fags microwaving shit?

Can't I just put the oats in a bowl add milk and eat it like cereal? What's with sll you fags microwaving shit?

Other urls found in this thread:

mylittlegourmet.com/breakfast/bircher-muesli/
fda.gov/ForConsumers/ConsumerUpdates/ucm508450.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>tfw been putting old fashioned oats into a smoothie
>has been giving me gastric distress (gas and loose stools)
>think that maybe i need to grind them into powder before adding to smoothie
>hasnt helped
>no idea what to do

>what is gluten intolerance

of course you can, you fucking retard. Just do it. I did it for a while just to change things up. Let it sit for 15 minutes for best results

cook them you fucking retard.

>eat whole wheat bread every day for years, no problems
>ate oatmeal for years every day with no problems
>suddenly switch over to smoothies and old fashioned oats instead of quick oats and stomach problems

what do i do just like microwave them them let them cool or something

>Microwaving oats

Make porridge on the hob like a normal human you fuckin american

thinks microwaving equals cooking something
>being this american

There are oats in muesli mix, so yes

I don't know if cooking it makes the preotein more digestible though

Dehydrated foods will give you gas and indigestion if they aren't hydrated before you eat them. Let your oats soak in the smoothie for an hour or so before you drink it. That should help some at the very least.

try with yoghurt or quark instead of milk.
add nuts or fruit for flavour.
i add cocoa powder.

What the fucks a hob

gee i hope so. so just like put the oats in the milk and then leave it in the fridge for a while, then come back and add the frozen fruit (microwave. for 30 seconds) almonds peanut butter and yogurt and blend that up?

i really hope it works, because what it's done to my shits has been terrible. i went from nice solid clean ones to ones that burn when they come out and i gotta spend 10 mintues carefully managing down there each time i shit

>add milk
All the low glycemic index benefits get lost if you add shit. Just eat the oats pure. Drink water against the dryness

It's bong for hot plate.

bong here, actually it also applies to gas stoves, since we have a lot of those in older houses. basically it's just a word for the stovetop cooker.

>Get a saucepan ( or smth similar)
>Put 1 portion of oats and 2 portions of water in there
>A small bit of salt
>Turn on a medium-low heat
>cut half of a banana into very small pieces (do it before you'll turn on the heat) and throw into the saucepan
>cinnamon is a good idea too
>STIR THIS SHIT ALL THE TIME OR ELSE YOU"LL BURN IT AND YOU"LL BE SORRY
>after 5 minutes it'll start bubbling
>at that point pour some milk, it's up to you how much
>after another 5 minutes it should it should be bubbling again, your oats are ready

scientifically speaking, why is salt supposed to be added to it?

I used to eat them erry day by just adding a yogurt to value oats. makes a thick tasty goodness if you let it sit in the fridge

also this
mylittlegourmet.com/breakfast/bircher-muesli/

I don't know

>What is Müesli

>tfw too intelligent to cook my food

Flavortown

I put dry oats into yogurt with a bit of honey and eat that shit straight up.

Good stuff my man.

I do actually eat plain oats with hot water every single morning. My shit is soft.

oats have no gluten

but this would require eating them hot

There isn't any gluten in oats you retard

>the hob
u fuckin wot m8

>quads checked
Does anyone know how cooked/uncooked affects bioavailability in oats?
>dubs get

>the hob

the feck u gabbin on about u knobhead

Yeah you're not heating it up in a cool way so it's not actually cooked

I got this.

It doesn't make sense.

I'm not gluten intolerant, so it isn't that.

Plus, moving onto to OP's question - muesli is mainly oats, but you don't microwave/soak that before eating, you just throw the milk on and eat it.

So like OP says, why can't you do this with normal breakfast oats? And back to your question, why does eating breakfast oats cold, even after being powdered and put into a shake, still give me the shits when muesli doesn't?

I've asked various people, including a nutritionist who's a friend's wife about this, and no one has any clue.

Are steel cut and rolled oats food safe prior to cooking? You're not supposed to eat raw flour.

1. : Pour boiling water in a bowl of oats.
2 . : Eat

0.5 : Add cut fruits, cinnamon and so on to your oats so it doesn't taste like sadness.

I buy breakfast oats and blend them until they're a fine flour.

They're literally the same oats as you eat cold in muesli as I say.

They're also already cooked - even raw oats are food safe, but you'd break your teeth on them.

It boils at a higher temp when salt is added so you can cook it at a higher heat.

To clarify in addition to this, it was happening as part of a bulking shake.

Peanut butter, protons, milk, oats. Narrowed it down to the oats rather conclusively. A little too conclusively to be honest!

I unironically just eat them dry out of a measuring cup and flush down with a gulp of water. Not for any health reason, but because it takes like 60 seconds to eat a full breakfast. Another 60 to spoon down some cottage cheese. Meal done.

Also eating 100g worth of oats as oatmeal gets me bloated and feeling slow, because of all the water probably. Eating dry oats doesn't and I feel like they digest slower and I get energy for a longer time from the same amount of oats.

Yes they are retard and even the flour thing is a meme.

>muesli is mainly oats, but you don't microwave/soak that before eating, you just throw the milk on and eat it.
>So like OP says, why can't you do this with normal breakfast oats
Of course you can. Muesli just has a shit ton of sugar in it to make it (((tastier))).

Here's your meme, fag: fda.gov/ForConsumers/ConsumerUpdates/ucm508450.htm

That's the best way

I know FDA bought into it. It's a meme because it only affects Americans with their dirty mexican food products and no quality control.
>“Flour is derived from a grain that comes directly from the field and typically is not treated to kill bacteria,”
There's no fucking e. coli in oats. They are dehusked, steamed and rolled before packaged.

>steamed
That's the crucial bit. Thank you; you're only half a fag.

It is very hard for your body to digest oats that way. You need to soak them for 4+ hours or microwave/boil them to break down the outer layer.

I usually mix 1/2 cup of oats with 2/3 cup of milk and leave it in the fridge overnight in a jar, then eat it when I wake up.

Just so you know, even if you live in the US the chances of catching e. coli from raw flour is like staying inside because the thunder might strike you. It only became a meme after a large known brand voluntarily recalled a batch.

>It is very hard for your body to digest oats that way.
That's the best part. You get a steady flow of energy for like 8 hours.

Never heard of anyone bein struck by thunder

Me
Someone else

You should try horse oats

>adding fructose
End yourself

Muh nigger

just f-ing put 200 ml of water in bowl and add 1/3 cup of oats and boil them.. are you so lazy or just cant turn on stove?

>Put things in the pan
>Turn on the heat
>Cut up a banana and put it in the pan before you turn on the heat
Then why not say put the banana in before you type anything about heat?
>Dig a hole for your basement
>Add roof of the house
>Build the framework but put it in before you add the roof

That's actually bullshit if you compare two pots of boiling water. The only thing salt does is lower the freezing temp.

I think that's the point

Yeah. I always eat it like that but with yoghurt

yoghurt
a scoop of choco-protein powder
mix up
add oats

maximum lazynessssssssssssssss

That's what I do sometimes for a snack. Sometimes I'll roll that shit in peanut butter

>fructose is bad
Kys

>get sauce pan
>bring 2 cups of water to a fast boil
>put in a stick of salted cooking butter (8tbsp) and let it get back to a boil
>pour in 1 cup of oats
>turn off stove and stir it in until a consistent texture
>let it sit for a minute

wa la, perfect oatmeal

Add in some jam. Shit's cash

hey, thank you.

>If you add salt to water, you increase its boiling point.
>The temperature needs to be increased about a one-half degree Celsius for every 58 grams of dissolved salt per kilogram of water.

I'm not adding 250g of salt to my oats for that 5C increase in boiling temp thank you.

try mixing the oats and whey before adding the yoghurt.

>1 whole stick of butter to 1 cup of oats
I pray you're baiting me.

3/4 cup oats
3/4 cup milk
2T peanut butter
toss in fridge for ~30 minutes to let the oats soak a bit

How big is a stick in grams?

~113 grams

Half a cup, 8 tbsp
Dunno in bong

Rip this is the way I've been eating oats my entire life because my parents made it like this when I was little

>1 cup oats
>1 cup milk
>1 tablespoon Nesquik powder
>eat right away like cereal

>1 stick of butter
>wa la instead of voila

gotta be bait.

Enjoy your diabetes

How do I mix up oats

>76 replies in a thread about the difficulties of preparing one of the easiest foods to prepare

Hobgoblin is an old folklore of Germanic background that lives in your stove and eats the scraps, keeping your house well

Why is Veeky Forums so obsessed with oats?

no you dipshit, what kind of momscience is that?
salt helps release flavour in just about anything, it's why even sweet drink have salt in them

Supposedly raw oats have some acid that gives people digestion issues.

Get instant/quick oats instead of old fashioned. They're cooked a little as part of the manufacturing process, so they're much easier on the gut.