BANANAS?!

Redpill me on bananas.
Are they healthy with macros worth the calories? Or are they genetically modified greasy smelly sticky sludge shit food just used to feel large quantities of people?

Other urls found in this thread:

nature.com/nature/journal/v482/n7386/full/482470e.html
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7598079
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/behindtheheadlines/news/2017-04-12-daily-diet-of-fresh-fruit-linked-to-lower-diabetes-risk/
health.harvard.edu/blog/is-fructose-bad-for-you-201104262425
youtube.com/watch?v=uhUgP9dQUtg
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/834140
hindawi.com/journals/jnme/2013/682673/
who.int/mediacentre/news/releases/2015/sugar-guideline/en/
academic.oup.com/aje/article-abstract/95/1/26/167903/ATHEROSCLEROSIS-IN-THE-MASAI1
aicr.org/reduce-your-cancer-risk/diet/elements_phytochemicals.html
health.harvard.edu/staying-healthy/rethinking-fructose-in-your-diet
twitter.com/AnonBabble

T R A S H

eat oranges instead

All fruits are fine and provide clean carb and vitamins

>inb4 some dyel who skips cardio says they're "nature's candy bars"

A banana has 15g of sugar, that's nearly half of the amount of sugar you should eat in a day.

Garbage food (although tasty af)

If you chop them up and stir it into plain greek yogurt, it makes it taste like whip cream.

Bananas are rich in Vitamin B6, which you need 3 mg a day of if not more. Vitamin B6 is probably the most potent vitamin I've taken, you can easily over do it if you buy B6 pills and pop more than 1mg at a time and have a panic attack, insomnia, alertness, high protein synthesis. Each banana has 0.4 mg of B6, so eat 8 bananas a day. Banana also add up to total calories easily, with 1 banana giving you at least 100 calories. I really recommend them, they are the most important fruit I can think of.

But a banana has like 15g of sugar and that's like half the amount of sugar you should eat In like 1 day

Fruit isn't "natural", it's been crossbred over and over and over for centuries to become as big and as sweet as possible. You think people had super sweet gigantic apples a few thousand years ago? lmaoing at your LIFE

>Sugar: fruit fructose is still healthy
-nature.com/nature/journal/v482/n7386/full/482470e.html

>Sugars and blood glucose control.
-ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7598079

>Daily diet of fresh fruit linked to lower diabetes risk
-ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/behindtheheadlines/news/2017-04-12-daily-diet-of-fresh-fruit-linked-to-lower-diabetes-risk/

Can you stop your incessant yammering now?

Please don't tell me you think that crossbreed fruit is worse than refined sugar.

Fructose has been out of my life for years now.
When my uncle gave me a box of Oregon USA pears for Christmas, I would eat one in my breakfast. Big, juicy pears.

3 hours later at work, I am a farting machine.

>happened until the pears were gone

Just because fructose doesn't raise blood sugar doesn't mean it's good for you.

There is no difference between "natural" fructose and the fructose that comes from sucrose or high fructose corn syrup.

Have fun with your metabolic diseases and heart diseases.

Yeah man look st all those people who have a high fruit diet and their diabetes...

Oh wait

If someone consumed a purely fruit diet they would without a doubt develop metabolic diseases such as insulin resistance which is a precursor to diabetes, especially a diet of pure bananas.

health.harvard.edu/blog/is-fructose-bad-for-you-201104262425

Not saying you can't have a banana every once in a while but assuming they are a super food you can eat all the time is pure fantasy.

Then explain why heart disease and diabetes is virtually nonexistent in cultures that have a high intake of fruit

And what culture are you speaking about exactly?

Believe it or not a lot of African countries have high fruit diets and as well have low correlated heart disease and diabetes.

Going to need a better example then "a lot of African countries."

You can say the same thing about how certain African tribes like the Masai consume a massive amount of fat in their diets and have virtually no incidents heart disease or diabetes.

Bananas are 100% healthy.
youtube.com/watch?v=uhUgP9dQUtg

Wow it's almost like if you solely are only one type of ANY food it would have a negative effect!

Eat one after a workout for dat potassium. Makes for fuller, joocier muscles.

Incorrect.

Besides I was responding to the fuccboi commenting on people eating a complete fruit diet you moron.

300mg potassium will have 0 effect on your muscles

It's a fucking banana, not a bag of Doritos.

are you fucking autists this retarded? this is the shit that makes me not want to come to fit. Theres a fucking difference between fructose found in fruit and highly refined corn syrups and cane sugar. theres also fiber in fruit and nutrients you fucking retards. you can literally go on any goverment site and it says "any male should not exceed 25g of sugar daily. exceptions being fruit,lactose etc.

Nobody eats a pure fruit diet so your argument is pointless you fucking faggot.

If youre on a cut and struggling with protein, theyre a lot of "empty" calories.

Otherwise, theyre pretty damn good

You motherfuckers will never get me to give up my tasty yellow sausages.

You've gone this far over a piece of fruit. Your logic is so bad that at this point the only option is an exit bag.

I'd hate to see what you're like around people.

What about banana girl?

What the hell are you even talking about?

That has nothing to do with my argument.

There is literally zero difference between sucrose and fructose found in fruits and manufactured sugars.

Its the same fucking chemical compound you moron.

Nobody is debating the fact that fruit obviously has fiber and nutrients in it.

you literally linked a fucking pointless article. its not even a fucking study. heres a exert from a article.
>Higher intakes of fructose are associated with these conditions, but clinical trials have yet to show that it causes them.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/834140

Plenty of studies and research out there about the damaging effects of fructose.

Do some critical thinking for once.

fructose doesn't come from sucrose lol

You are a fucking loser

Jesus Christ did you not take a high school level science course?

Sucrose is 50% fructose and 50% glucose

your citing a shitty pubmed study that was conducted on rats in 1977. you autists should stop linking that site for studys lmao.

Can't refute the evidence so you resort to ad hominem, lel.

Nothing you eat is natural. Nothing.

You dumb bastard. HFCS has fructose and glucose. Guess which one of those is primarily responsible for metabolic disease? Veeky Forums is filled with cocksure retards like you who talk out of their ass and throw people off the right track.

Nothing in nutrition "science" is really known. There are very very few replicable studies ever done.

Never said HFCS, just fructose.

Fructose itself is linked to metabolic diseases and cardiovascular.

hindawi.com/journals/jnme/2013/682673/

Both fructose and glucose are bad for you.

>looks like a cock
>tasty
It's part of the jewish conspirancy to make man gay and women whores. You should stay the fuck away from this devil fruits

yeah you can't even swim after you eat those things

>Implying I eat SWEET apples

Lmaoing at your life, the more sour ones is where the jaw gains are at.

>not eating raw potatoes for jaw gains
never gonna make it

Dropping a redpill

just eat fiber and make sure you get all your micro and you don't need a single fruit .
Fruit is good because it's a tasty way to make unhealthy fuckers get their fiber & micro .

>eating refined sugar instead of oats

I don't eat them but they'll suffice if you forget your squat plug

>There is no difference between "natural" fructose and the fructose that comes from sucrose or high fructose corn syrup.

Except the source, which makes a big difference in how your body digests it. Only refined sugars are known to cause health problems

who.int/mediacentre/news/releases/2015/sugar-guideline/en/

>You can say the same thing about how certain African tribes like the Masai consume a massive amount of fat in their diets and have virtually no incidents heart disease or diabetes.

But that would be wrong. Masaai have horribly scarred arteries and a life expectancy in the 50s

academic.oup.com/aje/article-abstract/95/1/26/167903/ATHEROSCLEROSIS-IN-THE-MASAI1

Fruit is healthy because fruits contain thousands of phytochemicals that are good for health. That's why a variety of fruits and vegetables are recommended, not just fiber and micros.

aicr.org/reduce-your-cancer-risk/diet/elements_phytochemicals.html

This doesn't even talk about fruit. Another Harvard link

health.harvard.edu/staying-healthy/rethinking-fructose-in-your-diet

> don't reject a food just because it contains fructose, says Dr. Bruce Bistrian, a professor at Harvard Medical School. "Fructose is naturally found in fruits. Fruits are not harmful and are even beneficial in almost any amount," he explains.
>The nutritional problems of fructose—and of table sugar, which is another form of sugar called sucrose—come when they are added to foods, whether in the form of sucrose, high-fructose corn syrup, molasses, cane sugar, corn sweetener, raw sugar, syrup, honey, or fruit juice concentrates. "That should be limited," says Dr. Bistrian.

remain skinny fat forever then

nigga, 30 grams is added sugar as in if I eat a normal healthy diet (fruits, veggies) I can have a nice processed jew treat (max 30 g sugar)

>not eating rocks for jaw gains

Lmfaoing at YOUR life

I haven't eaten a banana in over 10 years.

My daily fruit consumption includes a half cup of blueberries, a banana, an orange, about 6 strawberries, and half an avocado every day. Can I expect to just drop dead any moment now?

yes those are unhealthy. Drink a gallon of cows milk daily instead.

>sugar is good if it comes directly from a tree
nice meme

>sugar is bad simply because it's sugar

>if it's not good, it's bad
immediately kill yourself for the sake of humanity if that's what you think I meant