Hobbies

What are some hobbies you guys are into. I want to get into Judo but don't want to fuck up my shoulder.

Into guitar but not a lot of interest since I just play rhythm.

Nothing besides lifting and running

I would like to get into rowing and kayaking and that kind of shit. Hiking would be cool. Too bad I live in a landlocked suburb. I could kayak on the reservoirs but I don't really have the equipment or the means to transport it.

Would also like to learn boxing or karate but just don't have the energy between work and working out.

I used to play video games all the time but I've lost all interest in them. Same with TV/Netflix save a handful of shows.

Gotta find some hobbies too.

I want to lick her feet

My hobbies:
>Lifting (duh)
>Spending time with my wife and kid
>Riding my motorcycle
>Having a beer with friends
>Playing guitar

Mountain biking

watching chinese and korean dramas
being a faggot (no homo tho)
pretending to lift

bouldering video games and drinking. I'm not the most social person

Fencing (with Sharp Blades, its a german thing)
Lifting
Photographie
Audiobooks (mostly Stephen Kings)

Go for judo.

I want to get into hunting but you need to learn and get a license here so not anytime soon

>Fencing (with Sharp Blades, its a german thing)
Nigga if you're not talking mensur sharp blades are illegal afaik.

Krav Maga
Reading books
growing my own chili peppers
Hiking
learning a 2nd forgein language atm

>mostly Stephen Kings
disgusting. all krauts must die

Talking mensur

I'm curious as to how you practice it that it would be considered a hobby
Law student?

Na man computer science. I fence three to four times a week but not with sharp blades. Sharp blades actually only once every semester

>>Having a beer with friends
You consider this a hobby?

I just started kayaking. It's great and very relaxing. You don't need much other than a car to transport them. You can buy the cheap foam things that you just place on top of the car. They come with straps that work just fine, and it's only about twenty five bucks.
My kayak was only one hundred off Craigslist.
If you plan on transporting two I suggest buying extra straps or bungies'. They're pretty easy to move around.
If you have a fit chick that enjoys the outdoors it's even better, but going out in your own is nice to. Fuck, i didn't mean for this to be so long. Get a kayak. You won't regret it.

>some hobbies you guys are into
Watching documentaries/reading non-fiction
Doing math every now and then for a bit of fun, and to keep my mind sharp. Nothing hard tho.
Playing video games, but because of the competitive factor, the fun is secondary. I tend to rage a lot when RNG fucks me over, but every now and then I have a game where it's neck and neck, my heart is pumping, the adrenaline is flowing, and when I win, it feels almost as good as hitting a new PR.
Making up dark comedy stories.

I'm definitely going to get into Kayaking. Got a bike but I get bored as I just tend to cruise along the same paths I run.

Thanks for the info.

I read, Garden, play MTG and wargames which counts as painting to an extent I suppose, I cook and bake, I'm learning Irish Gaelic and also how to play guitar and do Death Metal vocals.

I really fucking hate being bored so I just have a lot of stuff to do when I get bored encase I'm not feeling one of them on a specific day.

I don't really have any Veeky Forums hobbies, I boxed when I was younger but outside of the gym I just do my nerd shit and go out with friends.

i read and meditate
walks with my dogo
i want to start the wim hof method
but im lazy

>friendlet detected

Disc golf

Other than lifting I love swimming, bushcraft shooting riding 4 wheelers and snowmobiles I fucking love Maine

I want to get into boxing.

A boxing gym is offering open lessons at certain times of the day.

Does this mean I can just come and not have to pay?

I like working on cars. It started when i got a job at an auto shop, but unfortunately when i went to school my brother took my job and i dont get much opportunity to do anything anymore. still, people come to me when they have problems and every so often i get to delve under the hood to fix something. its a very rewarding feeling

hanging out with friends isnt a hobby

>I want to, but
Get that shit out of here
You wanna live your entire life like a bitch?

I don't have any 'real' hobbies because being a not-NEET tends to kill any opportunity for hobbyist pursuit.

But before then I was way into cosplay, sewing, makeup, fashion.

Muay thai/kickboxing
Politics (brb going back to /pol/)
Football

I have a side job/hobby freelance discipline training small dogs for people in my city. It's very rewarding because i love dogs and it's a good way to meet older women. One of my clients I've been training her pug for like a year now and he's totally house broken, obedient, and knows all the tricks I teach. She pumps me full of cash and I pump her full of jizz and I just take the dog for a walk once a week at this point. But I get a lot of real jobs too and I think its helped me become more alpha with people, because I have to alpha the dogs to get them to obey me.

Why do people think "lifting is a hobby"? Imagine it this way:

>hey man so what are your hobbies anyway?
>uh, pressups mainly.
>w-what?
>pressups.
>really?
>oh yeah, standard, diamond, elevated you name. Pressups.

Fucking hell. Please tell me you don't actually think suplementary workours counts as a "hobby"

Neither is lifting, but check out this thread huh?

Video games, Television (I've watched some anime though) and I intend to build a zen rock garden.

>women having real hobbies

My god you're autistic.

>hobby:1.
an activity done regularly in one's leisure time for pleasure.

Lifting is a hobby

That person who you're replying to is apparently operating under the assumption that a "hobby" is an activity you do to be "cultured", whatever that is.

Like cultivating your social and cultural resume.

What I tell people my hobbies are
>playing drums and piano
>boxing
>running
>learning history, philosophy, physics

What I actually do
>shitpost on Veeky Forums and go to the gym while all my music /sports equipment gathers dust

So your saying working out is a "hobby"?
Holy shit, ok then, my hobby is sleeping. Thats a nice thing i like to do in my spare time that is pleasurable to me.

Also I forgot to add
>fish and aquariums

I do BJJ, currently a blue belt. Did MMA for years but can't afford the bruises given my job.

Sleeping is a necessity, lifting is not. Go take some meds to calm that raging autism of yours, faggot.

Sleeping is a bodily function, you do not do it for pleasure at your spare time, you autismal muppet

>Masturbating is a "hobby"
>browsing Veeky Forums is a "hobby"

Nah, your just rekt mate. The gym is a supplement, nothing more. Sorry you thought it was padding for personality or some shit.

Man, just for one day id love to be as autistic as you, just to see the world as you see it.

I think your life would turn to the better if you left this website, user.

So then define a hobby, retard.

A hobby is anything that you do that you a consider a hobby

>a hobby is a hobby

Dear lord, I didn't know rocks evolved enough to post on the internet

that's cool, just be gentle with your body. rhythm guitar is nice. i love bossa nova
good luck out there. try for inspo
any pics of your peppers? that sounds great. what language?
cool that you like to do math, user. proud of you
awesome user. that's a very important feeling to have in your life. sounds very fulfilling. i work on bicycles and it's nice to be able to help some friends out
get started on that garden, user! i'd like to see it on hey, at least you're going to the gym!
i think almost all of ours would

i like to ride my bike, play video games, be on Veeky Forums. i read occasionally. learning guitar slowly. i like to listen to record. i like to bake a lot too

why you learning Paddy kiddo?

Look lads, all im saying is, working out, wther that be weights, cardio or bodyweight or whatever is a supplement to the REAL hobby, like a sport or some shit. Only a personality deficient would need to prop up his ego with "the gym is a way of life" and all that other meme crap. Its just training to me, nothing more. An essential part of being in better shape, not a fucking pasttime or hobby.

To go back to my orginal point:
>"My hobby is pressups"

Why is that statement any more retarded than "lifting is my hobby?" You cant just sweep every realisation that hurts your feelings with "a-autsim"

Did that sound funny in your head at all?

Seconded, Big Bang Theory Tier.

>sitting around is my hobby
>relaxing is my hobby
>ironing my cloths is a hobby
>excercise such as push ups is my hobby

Explain how lifting weights isn't a hobby? Your argument is taking lifting, taking a piece of lifting (press ups) and acting like an action in a hobby is the whole hobby.

By definition, lifting is a hobby. Sports can ALSO be a hobby in which the hobby of lifting benefits it. But it's still a hobby.

By your logic, singing isn't a hobby unless you are in a band, and shooting guns isn't a hobby unless you kill people.

that did to me (not the guy you replied to). thanks for the laugh user

Check those holy trips of truth

No, he probably wanted to use "brick", but figured it was about time rocks did something useful.

Rocks are under appreciated and over exploited.

You're pretty alright bro.

>walking faster than usual to raise heartrate is a hobby

Sorry user, i just don't buy it about working out. All of it. I lift, i run. I have never thought of it as something of note, or a topic of concersation or anything that adds to my personality. Its just actions to keep the body going. As far as im concerned its just neccesery, nothing more.

:) you too user

It's not necessary, hence why it's a hobby. Do you actually, legitimately have autism? Because no normal person would struggle with this concept.

Who made you the hobby gestapo?if you legit look forward to ironing your clothes and enjoy it immensely and research and perfect new techniques and have your friends come over with their iron and laundry and do it together and talk about it at the water cooler at work and spend money on equipment etc... Then yeah. Its a hobby.

Then breathing must be a hobby because people keep talking about it and researching it and buying equipment for it.

Actually id call THAT autism.

>ironing is autism

Grew these last year.
Red ones are Caribbean Red Habanero, behind that chocolate habaneros and a Numex suave orange.

A hobby is what you make of it. Its a mindset. There aren't any rules.

Except lifting and breathing and sleeping

So to clarify do we just say a hobby is ANYTHING we do that is not essential in our spare time? If so, then i say some hobbies are shit to be takled about/ bought up and lifting is one of them.

We all lift here (i assume?) and would say its a boring "hobby" then. Certainly not worth mentioning. I mean, you could also raise worms as a hobby but.... Jesus christ...

I cultivate an image of cargo cult masculinity that social media tells me to adopt.

I'm a proud boy.

If you're so insecure about working out being a hobby call it "bodybuilding" or "power lifting general"

wow, those look incredible. congratulations, user, that's really something to be proud of. thanks for sharing.

If you find lifting boring, then why are you here? I enjoy going to the gym, talking to others about lifting and exercise, and everything else included. It's a hobby

>lifting, not right now tho, been traveling the past 6 months
>traveling
>trekking
>vydia
>lerning new languages, am fluent in 3 and learning 2 more atm
>reading
>soccer

Have wanted to get into a new martial arts since i got my black belt and stopped doing tae kwon do classes, but all the gyms near me are "fitness boxing" which is basically housewifes punching the air with terrible form.

Diy also interests me a lot, will probably be looking into some courses in the near future

now if only i wasn't a ultra turbo manlet autist i could prob get a gf

Making a perfect hobby out of it is yeah. My point is, hobbies ought to be something worth of note i think, and to me, my lifting during the week is about as interesting as my ironing during the week. Its just something i need to get done.

This sounds very patronizing

This. And running.

So you think that hobbys should be social status symbols. Gotcha. So you have no idea what a hobby is.

Ballet and dance
Fashion and cosplay
Caffeine and math

t. Girl (male)

Good info and thicc girls of course. I have friends like thid as well though. We go to the gym together 5 times a week, and he is aghast that i don't fucking LOVE THE GYM.
>w-what bro?? Then why do you even come to the gym?!
>because its good for us, if we don't we will get fat n shit. But id RATHER just eat donuts but that not how you get swole so...

No one actually LIKES the working hard do they? I mean come on now.

so you cosplay as a woman then?

You're legitimately autistic.

>no one actually LIKES things that they like, do they?

Ok user, that logic is fine, browsing Veeky Forums is your hobby and also mine. Good to know.

oh, no, i was being genuine- i really meant that, sorry

*pretend

If i could give you a magic pill that made you as strong and swole as you are now and you never had to go to the gym again, would you? Would you skip the hobby?

It can be. You do it habitually in your leisure time, so by definition, it's a hobby. Not a good one, but still one nonetheless

i honestly feel better getting somenthing after working hard for it than receiving it for free, i even feel guilty when i get money from family and insist in helping them someway just so i feel i earned it

of course that's not for everything, but for most things

>no one actually LIKES the working hard do they?

user I mean this in all honesty, if this isn't bait you are

NEVER

GONNA

MAKE

IT

Ok cool, we have finally got you to say not all hobbies are created eqeal. I am saying lifting is a lesser hobby then.

No, because such a scenario physically can't exist and thus doesn't pertain to the argument.

If I have you a pill that made you automatically win every sport game that you played without having to play it, would you still play?

How is it a lesser hobby? Because you say it is? Legitimately why are you here? Leave you shitposter

You sound like a happy, positive person. Why are you even here?

Hey, gotta be DONE user, but i wont pretend the super awesome club called the gym is "da best eva XD beat it nerds!"

Slogging it fucking is fucking shit user, sucking that up is another matter. Sorry if not acting like its a way of life super "cool gym memes bro" hurts your positive outlook and makes your lifts weak tommorow when you think of it user.

I consider it a hobby if you're putting research and practice into it and discussing it with other enthusiasts.

Why would you waste time here if you view lifting on the same level as brushing your teeth anyway?

>Letting a retard string you along this far

Come on Veeky Forums you're not this dumb

i don't know, i like it here. i'm trying to be a better person, and seeing people achieve their goals on Veeky Forums helps motivate me to work on myself

>why are you here
>Veeky Forumsness is lifting and lifting only!

Its the most base and suplementary part of all round fitness. Its a means to an end, not the end user.