/fat/ "we need new wojacks" edition

Previous thread
Who is /fat/ for?

Fat members of Veeky Forums who want to lose weight
>Sticky
>Even though it is easier to ask, ignore the read the sticky fags
>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss but use that thread for general questions
>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)
>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)
>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php
>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for praying for an excuse to wear sweaters and jackets

Reminder discord is cancerous garbage and should be avoided at all costs.

There is literally nothing wrong with ground chicken shrimp fajitas and homemade cookies.

As long as I'm under my calories it doesn't matter.

Yet one of you is going to knock it down.

hunger pangs
they mostly come at night, mostly.

I cheated today didn't exercise too. I'll go for a bike ride in a fasted state tomorrow, and will eat at a deficit tho.

Alright, ladies and gentlemen. We had 5 people drop out of the /fat/ contest this week by not checking in on Friday. They have been added to our ever growing list of /fat/ dropouts.

That means we have availability for another 2 people who respond to this message as I've already filled 3 out of 5 slots. The information I need to get you set up is as follows -

Name -
Height -
Starting Weight -
Current Weight -
Goal Weight -
Pounds to Lose (If more than 20, JUST LIST 20) -
Losertown Goal Date (For that first 20 lbs. Losertown link is in OP -

Once I have this information I will get you added to the main competition and your first weigh-in will be 06/16.

There's a new rule with new additions to the contest. IF YOU DO NOT CHECK-IN FOR YOUR FIRST WEIGH-IN, YOU ARE OUT OF THE CONTEST.

No free passes, no 2 week rule from henceforth. Given the stellar number of newbies that failed to check in last weigh-in, I feel like we're getting fair weather /fat/s who don't want to dedicated themselves to this. That's not what I'm looking for in the contest.

Happy cutting.

Confess.

Are lentil calories legit? I have trouble believing this much food is 70 calories with 8g of protons....

I ate a whole row of oreos today

800 calories in 8 raw oz? That's the same as pasta.

How much of a meme is Stronglift's 5x5?

Forgive me father, I went to the Taco Bell today. I still made my calories, fiber and protein, but I have surely sinned.

Who slow-as-fuck-progress? I've been eating at a 300-400 calories deficit for 7 weeks, lost only 5 pounds.

It's the same as pretty much any other beginner's program. Do a lot of compound lifts, focus on strength, do whatever you want after it stops working for you

for lack of any ideas I had 3 scrambled eggs mixed up with some unbreaded chicken strips that were supposed to be used for fajitas

any ideas for protein-rich meals?

That exactly what your deficit would suggest. 500 calories is 1 lb a week. You are a little under that. Want to lose more? Eat less.

Egg whites, tilapia is cheap as fuark, crockpot chicken, lean ground beef.

season everything with this, the powder of the gods

Thanks user

350 calories for 49 days is ~17000 calories or almost exactly 5lbs. It sounds like you've been on track but what did you expect?

I'd aim for 500-800 deficit if you want fast progress.

Im not lifting at all, only cutting weight and doing kung fu 3-4x times a week, doing bodyweight exercises like pushups and stuff.

Do you guys think it will be enough to be fit or will I look like a skinnyfat no mucle at all dude?

Also, you guys got some easy, tasty and nice recipes for cutting?

I ate pappas araguadas today.

Why do you go so slow? Unless you really care about preserving muscle, you should increase your deficit.

@41753811
bought some cheese, crackers and branston pickles
haven't eaten them yet but it's only a matter of time

I had some beer today. I made it myself though so I kinda had to try it out.

Don't eat any carbs, it spikes insulin and makes you retain fat.

To be fair, that's only dietary deficit: I walk a couple miles every weekday, and have been doing some weightlifting 3 times a week for those 7 weeks.

But I guess I'm on track after all. Cheers guys!

yea theyre legit but if you eat a lot you will literally shit out everything every morning.

Thanks for the advice, I live in Louisiana so cajun spices are in bountiful supply.

Diet is like 90% of weight loss.
I lift 6x a week 1.5 hours a day but it doesn't feel like I lose more or less when I don't go.

>Went to see an army recruiter 3 month ago
>230 lbs @ 5'6"
>Told me to cut out soda and come back next week and I could maybe lose 1-2 lbs
>I went full power diet mode and lose 7 lbs that week
>down to 195 lbs atm
>shipping for basic in a month

We're all gonna make it brahs.

Diet is like 99% of losing weight.

Even giving it 10% is too much credit to exercise. (Please don't take this an endorsement to not exercise, it is still very good for your general health.)

Well, doing excessive cardio daily helped me a lot when I lost 3 lbs last week...

Yeah but I don't do cardio. I imagine running would have greater impact.

I had a chicken taco platter from a local Mexican food place. It was dope, and I'm still under my calorie intake, but I ate the beans and rice too.

It feels wrong eating the rice, since the rice I've dedicated myself to eating since I started my diet is just regular brown rice.

Lmao what? You lost 7 lbs and are talking about "making" it? 6 of those 7 lbs was a drop in glycogen from reducing carb intake buddy, don't let something so small get to your head

It's 7 pm. I haven't eaten due to doing other shit all day.
Should I eat or go for a fast day?
I wish we could roll dice on this board.

You can lose 3 pounds a week without doing any exercise on a high fat low/no carb diet as well.

Not when you are a 5`3 manlet...

>leaving it to chance
low probability of making it

are you even hungry?

I don't even know what hunger feels like anymore, man. My stomach is growling now.

280 calories a cup dry which ends becoming more like 2 or 3 cups is fucking insane nigga idk what to tell ya. I'm full as hell right now.

Oh well shit. I guess I will have a fun morning

I'm having a cheat day because I feel depressed and I think it's caused by my diet. Nothing crazy though and will work out tomorrow.

That's unprocessed carbs for you.
~340 kcal for 100 dry grams, applies to almost everything, lentils, beans, buckwheat, pasta, rice, barley with maybe +-10 kcal variation.

>be me obese BMI at like 35
>184 cm and 130kg (now 132 thanks to today)
>partner bought pancakes
>Cant Resist eat like 9 and go above todays cal limit by like 1-1.5k
>Have vacation next week at some fancy place with "All inclusive" For a week.

Shit. how can i resist sweet stuff ?

Followup I am at like 700-1000 deficit everyday or so. aside from last couple of days. Tried keto but it i just maintained the weight for some reason.

stop putting it in your mouth

Eat less of it and make up for it the following days.
If you can't cold turkey then try not to binge on it and limit it to once per week

My research has not extended into the realm of hobbits.

I'm sorry friend.

>fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html
>TDEE is 3352
>Eating around 2000
Is.. is this okay? Should I.. eat more?

Burn a hole in the mirror with your stare
Imagining the man
You seek to be

>partner

Are you unable to read nigger?

Nah gives you some leeway since the calculator can be off a bit at high bf levels and you will fuck up counting your calories

Gotcha. I seem to be doing okay at only around 2k calories per day right now. No weird hunger shit and I'm able to eat food out of the house if I'm careful.

is the sticky bullshitting about 1 gram of protein per lb of bodyweight? because 200+ grams per day feels like a fuckload of meat and beans

Nah, I'm not gonna eat. I've already made it this far in the day. I'll just look at it as reaching my goal one day sooner.

okay, probably a very stupid question but I wanna make it.

tomorrow's my recovery/rest day from lifting. After doing strength for days straight, I'm too sore to continue and need it. However, should I still take my 2 scoops of whey protein for the day, and will doing a lot of cardio slow down my upper body lifting recovery in any way?

>wanna make it
>rest day

bullshit

Lean bodyweight, yo.

Figure your bodyfat percentage, then subtract that percentage from your weight.

oh, I'm a dumb ass, thanks

Gains are made during recovery days unless you're roiding. So yes.
Cardio can inhibit rest just don't overdo it.

I attended a birthday party today and considered eating some of the cake or food. I didn't do it but I still feel ashamed of myself for considering it.

dang, thanks user. I feel less guilty about taking the day off then

hell yeah
i was a hell of a lot fatter and i still got about 20 lbs to go before i go to basic too
but we're gonna make it

Help me /fat/. I feel like "proper dieting" is a meme and VLC or fasting is the only way to lose weight. Could that be the case for some people?

If you can't stick to a proper CICO diet then a meme diet might work for you, just remember that if your meme diet isn't also cico its a real bad meme.

I can stick to one, the results are just shit or negligible.

nah you arent a dumbass. everyone here seems to think its per lb of bodyweight. its lean mass which also means removing 20-40lbs of water out of your body too. average humans only have like 100lbs of actual lean mass.

no. the reason so many fats turn fat again is because they don't learn how to correct their eating habits. you're literally going to become another statistic for fat failures if you don't learn how to manage what you eat and that's the truth.

fat fucks

Not really granted you have a decent deficit.

For example, I lose 2-3 pounds a week eating at my deficit. That is (assuming no plateaus so this will be a lil generous) 8-15 pounds a month.
Pretty quick granted how long it takes an average person to gain that weight.

I think you are confusing "shit" results with you being a lazy nigger who wants everything handed to them.

I broke my water fast on day 19 of 30 because I got scared that I was burning fat too quickly. Dropped 40lbs when my goal was 60. Now I have to refeed slowly for a few days and eat normally for a couple of weeks before going back to it.

kill yourself fat-ggot

I had three cups of white rice today. I'm gonna chastise myself with extra 2 hours in the gym tomorrow.

Start lifting now. Everybody that cuts without lifting looks like skinnyfat shit at the end. LIFT NOW ffs

hey /fat/

I've been eating nothing but eggs and tuna for the past week and thinking of eating something different. I thought of making a sardines and veggie sandwich but IIRC bread is the worst thing you can eat if you're trying to lose weight right? Would wheat bread like pic related do?

I think I might have an eating disorder

im 6'4" and a little under 200lbs now

I still feel fat as fuck, how much more do I cut?

i'd hate to smell your fart user

Just cut until you're somewhere in your healthy BMI range and you feel comfortable with your size/weight. Also lift to avoid being a skinnyfat

eh occasional taco bell isn't a big deal. I get 2 hard shell and 2 soft shell and it's only 700 cals.

Isn't 3 cups of white rice punishment enough?

Hey, so over the past few months I started running everyday and lost like 30lbs, but now I want to start building some abs and chest muscles. Would it be ok to ask for advice in this thread?

drank 7 beers and ate like a third of a costco pizza

So I need to have an 8 minute mile for Army testing coming up. Right now its about 10 minutes.

I've now dropped my weight lifting routine (PPLPPLx) and switched to a full cardio and body weight routine.

I'm running 5 miles a day, walking the dog for 30m a day and doing a 3 mile ruck march at 60 lbs to try and shore it all up but I struggle with sustaining a run for very long.

Any tips? Just push on through it? Focus on breathing? Thanks, lads.

>don't drink coffee + creamer today (or should I say creamer + coffee)
>don't drink anything but water and I'm not drinking enough, just forced myself to drink more.

How long until the headaches stop? I'm trying to overcome my sugar/caffeine intake.

Make sure to rest before the test. You lose site of the gains you've actually made when you work out every day. A day or two of rest give your body time to actually build itself back up.

sight* fuck.

This. Full rest for at least 24 hrs before the run. If you can regularly run a 10 minute mile you should be able to pull off 8 with the adrenaline of being in the moment.

I just cleaned out all my old clothes. And not in a good way /fat/. I won't get all gushy here but I used to be a really bad binge eater. It was my coping mechanism due to a less than optimal childhood. I was 458lbs. I was doing good Veeky Forums, I really was. I got down to 278lbs. Life came and kicked me in the balls and like a disgusting fucking junky I found myself falling backwards into my old ways. Eating way too much all the time. Skipping work outs. I'm back at 350lbs like the fat fuck I am. I'm trying to get back in the swing of things and I kept seeing all my old clothes as yet another failure.

2 years worth of jeans, shirts, sweaters. Easily $2k+ worth of shit is going to the salvation army tomorrow morning in trash bags. This doesn't mean anything to anyone except for me, I just needed to vent a little.

How short of an eating window is too short for intermittent fasting?

Can I eat ~1500 calories within a 4-hour window after I wake up and fast for the other 20?

I like to workout semi-immediately in the morning after drinking my coffee and I want to eat immediately after said workout.

Drink some black or green tea, it has around 1/4-1/2 the amount of caffeine as coffee

You really just drank water? That's it?

I'd rather just toughen through it. Withdrawal headaches are the punishment for fucking up your body. You sit in pain and think about what you've done.

If you were anything more than 1 cup a day, it's best to taper off.

Regardless though, 3 days is usually the magic number for overcoming any sort of dependency.

Yes you should take your whey. Your diet should not change regardless of rest day or not.

that's fine m8. i've seen people do well on a 23-1 IF diet. whatever works for you dude

It was my replacement for soda, which was my replacement for water. So like, a pot and a half a day.

I often unintentionally do almost a full day fast between eating because i'm too busy. But yeah that's fine dude.