So im only just finding out about "complete proteins" etc and have been eating 100g of peanuts a day for a year +...

So im only just finding out about "complete proteins" etc and have been eating 100g of peanuts a day for a year +, I want to carry this on so what foods should I pair with them to make it "complete"?

consuming low carbs so bread is out, but I heard dairy works, does this include butter?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Essential_amino_acid
apps.who.int/iris/bitstream/10665/43411/1/WHO_TRS_935_eng.pdf?ua=1
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Essential_fatty_acid#Human_health
nap.edu/read/10490/chapter/10#423
ndb.nal.usda.gov/ndb/foods/show/6512?n1={Qv=1}&fgcd=&man=&lfacet=&count=&max=&sort=&qlookup=&offset=&format=Full&new=&measureby=&Qv=1&ds=&qt=&qp=&qa=&qn=&q=&ing=
ndb.nal.usda.gov/ndb/foods/show/836?n1={Qv=1}&fgcd=Poultry Products&man=&lfacet=&count=&max=50&sort=default&qlookup=chicken&offset=&format=Full&new=&measureby=&Qv=1&ds=Standard Reference&qt=&qp=&qa=&qn=&q=&ing=
ndb.nal.usda.gov/ndb/foods/show/4756?n1={Qv=1}&fgcd=&man=&lfacet=&count=&max=50&sort=default&qlookup=beans&offset=100&format=Full&new=&measureby=&Qv=1&ds=Standard Reference&qt=&qp=&qa=&qn=&q=&ing=
ndb.nal.usda.gov/ndb/foods/show/4808?n1={Qv=1}&fgcd=&man=&lfacet=&count=&max=50&sort=default&qlookup=lentil&offset=&format=Full&new=&measureby=&Qv=1&ds=Standard Reference&qt=&qp=&qa=&qn=&q=&ing=
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kwashiorkor
nap.edu/read/10490/chapter/12#680
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Meats are complete proteins. Plants are incomplete proteins.

as long as you consume meats as well, you're good.

If you're gonna be having all those nuts. That's a lot of omega 6. Make sure you have a lot of fish/olive oil/coconut oil to bump that omega 3/omega 6 ratio to help out with inflammation

but you can pair these incomplete proteins to get a complete protein like PB + bread

I didn't know this was a thing but I take 2x 1000mg fish oil pills (180/120) and a tablespoon of coconut oil in my morning coffee.

Sould that be all good?

EVERY FOOD BESIDES GELATIN HAS A COMPLETE AMINO ACID PROFILE YOU FUCKING RETARDS

Almost every food has a complete protein profile

Pair peanuts with grains to make complete proteins. You can google and find out what compliments what to make them complete. As a general rule though, if you pair an incomplete protein with almost any meat, it will make it complete.

peanuts plus steroids make a complete protein

t. livid vegans

Eggs

t. Shmolo Goldstein

lmao no

2/10 made me reply

Are activated almonds complete?

First we must define what "complete" means.
In the context of protein, it means getting your RDA of all essential amino acids.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Essential_amino_acid

There are 9 essential amino acids:
Histidine
Isoleucine
Leucine
Lysine
Methionine
Phenylalanine
Threonine
Tryptophan
Valine

Here is a report published by the World Health Organization
apps.who.int/iris/bitstream/10665/43411/1/WHO_TRS_935_eng.pdf?ua=1

On page 135 of that report, there is the breakdown of requirements for each amino acid.

Both of you are correct. Meat has a complete amino acid profile.
This means it has appropriate levels of ALL NINE essential amino acids.

Like the amino acids, there are fatty acids the body cannot synthesize.
Therefore you are required to consume them in your diet or suffer disease/death.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Essential_fatty_acid#Human_health

There are two essential fatty acids:
alpha-Linolenic acid (ALA)
Linoleic acid (LA)

Here is a report that gives the Average Intake levels for both Fatty acids.
nap.edu/read/10490/chapter/10#423
(read the 3rd and 4th paragraph of the link page:423)

Both of you are wrong. Very fuckin wrong.

Look at the nutritional profile of White Rice (scroll to amino acids):
ndb.nal.usda.gov/ndb/foods/show/6512?n1={Qv=1}&fgcd=&man=&lfacet=&count=&max=&sort=&qlookup=&offset=&format=Full&new=&measureby=&Qv=1&ds=&qt=&qp=&qa=&qn=&q=&ing=

Compared to Chicken Meat(scroll to amino acids):
ndb.nal.usda.gov/ndb/foods/show/836?n1={Qv=1}&fgcd=Poultry Products&man=&lfacet=&count=&max=50&sort=default&qlookup=chicken&offset=&format=Full&new=&measureby=&Qv=1&ds=Standard Reference&qt=&qp=&qa=&qn=&q=&ing=

The white rice is severely deficient in the following amino acids:
Tryptophan
Methionine
Histidine

And the chicken meat has great quantities of all amino acids.

Simply put. Eat meat, or do your homework.

this was interesting, but can you compare it to the vegetables that vegans usually promote for protein? For example, lentils instead of white rice.

I cant seem to find an amino acid profile for things like lentils, black beans, etc in that database.

Fucking lazy...
A few words about using the database.

Under the drop-down menu titled "Select Source":

Pick the option titled "Standard Reference"

Then in the input box titled "Enter one or more terms", type the name of the food.

Select the food from the list.
You will be given a table with nutritional information.
However, all results return a basic report by default.

To select the full report, look above the table.
There should be the following options.
"Return to Search Results" "Full Report (All Nutrients)" "Statistics Report" "Download (CSV)" "Print (PDF)"

Click on the option titled "Full Report (All Nutrients)"
And there, full report.

You requested full reports to lentils and black beans.
Here:

Beans, black turtle, mature seeds, cooked, boiled, without salt
ndb.nal.usda.gov/ndb/foods/show/4756?n1={Qv=1}&fgcd=&man=&lfacet=&count=&max=50&sort=default&qlookup=beans&offset=100&format=Full&new=&measureby=&Qv=1&ds=Standard Reference&qt=&qp=&qa=&qn=&q=&ing=

Lentils, mature seeds, cooked, boiled, without salt
ndb.nal.usda.gov/ndb/foods/show/4808?n1={Qv=1}&fgcd=&man=&lfacet=&count=&max=50&sort=default&qlookup=lentil&offset=&format=Full&new=&measureby=&Qv=1&ds=Standard Reference&qt=&qp=&qa=&qn=&q=&ing=

Within the table, you'll have to scroll down.
Amino acids are located at the bottom.
There is no option to expand the table, only to scroll within it.

If anyone is interested. I could compare the amino acid profiles between chicken, and something like rice + beans.

I could cover how much of each you would have to eat, to consume your recommended intake levels for all essential amino acids.
And then not develop Kwashiorkor, like those fucked babies in Africa.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kwashiorkor

sorry for laziness, i didn't notice the options. Thanks for the info.

t. not a vegan

No problem.

If you're looking to determine a complete amino acid profile. check out the RDA for all essential amino acids here

nap.edu/read/10490/chapter/12#680