Does physical activity (sports) throughout pubery have an effect on your frame?

Does physical activity (sports) throughout pubery have an effect on your frame?

I played sports all my childhood, as did most of my friends. Every one of them has a "good frame". The few nerdier friends I have all have the dyel skeleton at adult age even if they've started lifting in their 20s. They can build muscle, but it bunches up and they don't look wide or big. Is it just statistical bias (bigger kids like sports) or is there science behind your ligaments, bone structure etc. adapting to regular exercise during the time your body forms its adult shape?

i played a lot of sports yet have narrow to medium shoulder width

same boat here

What sport?

I was short and thicc through puberty and once I hit 14 I started getting tall and lanky. I went from playing football to being a scrawny skeleton. Seriously, from 5'6 210 at 12 to 6'1 140 at 14.

soccer, baseball, football, wrestling. football and wrestling through higschool, soccer baseball through middle school.

I barely played sports growing up. Hated them. Was unathletic as fuck. However, I had a big frame even when I was an unathletic fat ass who couldn't run a city block. I was tired of being fat at 19, and started working out.

Now, ten years later and I'm 6'3, 265" with abs. I look like an action hero.

Genetics>epigenetics.

Pics then?

I look a lot like this

haha tiny dick fagg post back

>The only thing we have in common is our dick size

>not realizing that my penis is only small in proportion to my enormous body
If that was hanging off a manlet it would look like a thundercock

It's literally smaller than your nose lad. Post nose workout routine.

Certain kinds of physical exertion can have effects on your body's development. For example, a set of twins differentiated by their hobbies/occupations during their youth (ex. one goes to school, the other helps his poor family on a fishing boat) will have some interesting variations:
-Different height
-Different hand sizes
-Different bone density
-Different muscle development

Etc.

Genetics (nature) lays the framework for your body's development, but your environment (nurture) does cause notable variations. If you grew up doing manual labor or playing sports, you likely have some small adaptations that you wouldn't have had otherwise.

Young adults nowadays are also physically weaker on average than the generation prior due to a lack of active/outdoor hobbies during childhood, like climbing trees. This is a studied and proven phenomenon.

>tfw only got high speed internet at age 12 and grew up climbing trees and running outdoors
truly the greatest generation

here's my back like 15 months ago, btw

genetics

>or is there science behind your ligaments, bone structure etc. adapting to regular exercise during the time your body forms its adult shape?
The science is that you cannot change your muscle structure. Period.

Its set at birth and nothing you do will ever change that.

Correlation =/= Causation kiddo. Its more likely that people with wide frames are more athletically prone genetically and so become fit.

>For example, a set of twins
Is a fucking woeful example of anything.

mirin. natty? traps look swole af

A set of genetically-identical but socio-economically and physically disparate twins is literally the best possible study subject available when it comes to investigating "nature vs. nurture" in the physical development of a person.

i played 0 sports as a kid
i did little to no athletic activity compared to my friends, i played soccer like once a year
and i had the "football player diesel train" build of our friend group

I would legitimately be 100% satisfied with my physique if I didn't have such narrow clavicles. I shattered my left clavicle twice and the right one once all before the age of 16 and I'm 100% positive that this fucked me over. Both are narrow but the left is about an inch more narrow than the right

Mike Tyson was a sissy with a lisp who would get beat up by all of the neighborhood boys. Then he took advantage of his genetics.

Face it. Genetics > everything else, even environment. Your fate was sealed the second your little sperm cell was created.

>Genetics > everything else, even environment. Your fate was sealed the second your little sperm cell was created.
I hate how fucking accurate this is

mike tyson never looked that good. and his neck is not "genetics". it's hard work and drugs. obviously genetics play a role too, as with everything.

adolescent testosterone is incredibly important, playing sports will have a large effect on that.

>never looked that good

he's fucking huge dude

>set of genetically-identical
Except they aren't, ever. The bullshit that identical twins were genetically identical was debunk years ago dumbass.

>and his neck is not "genetics". it's hard work and drugs.
Explain this someone.

>Does physical activity (sports) throughout pubery have an effect on your frame?
No, but having a good frame and adequate nutrition causes you to be more likely to be proficient at sports.

>Does physical activity (sports) throughout pubery have an effect on your frame?
There was a norwegian study that said that physical exercise for boys during puberty was very important for bone density

There are likely permanent effects, hence why kids who grow up at farms end up yoked

>Face it. Genetics > everything else, even environment. Your fate was sealed the second your little sperm cell was created.
dummest thing I read all day on a forum dedicated to fitness

why train when gifted people get born jacked right right?

>tfw your dad got you into rugby when you were young so even before you started lifting you had a good string base physique and explosive strength
Thank you dad

>tfw my dad tried to get me to play AFL in my youth but I was more into being fat and playing video games

what can you do

I'm doing my best to make the old man proud and make up for it though

How can somebody be this ignorant is beyond me. Identical twins are almost completely genetically identical, there's only a handful of differences between them.

>I'm doing my best to make the old man proud and make up for it though
You're doing good

>lifting for others
never gonna make it

1.78m ???

It's probably all biological bias. Most of guys in middle school who got into sports already showed signs of better builds. The tubby and slender kids tended to not like sports.

>same size as mike o tren
>natty
lol

It was a more polite way of asking "what are you on?"

>tfw PROP
I think rugby was the cause of my massive shoulder width. I'm still a fat piece of shit, tho.

You're a retard, Tyson was a genetic freak.

He's 5'10", 200 lbs and no abs.

>lazy eye
>roids
>manlet
Lmao.

No you utterly retarded faggot they are not. From the moment a dumb ass sperm comes into existance it starts mutating, same as with eggs, by the time a baby is born your dna has mutated hundreds of times. Twins have hundreds of genetic differences between them that utterly destroy the whole bullshit "nature v nurture" bullshit.

Go fucking google it. Twins =/= genetically identical.

>I have a great frame and went from super fatass to 6'3" 265 with abs
Sure buddy, sure you did.

Can confirm

Played football 24/7 growing up and my legs look trained as fuck even when I go skelly now

>Is it just statistical bias (bigger kids like sports)

Yes most likely it is purely a selection effect.

>are almost completely
You should have realized the moment you wrote that qualifier you were wrong.

Don't kid yourself, you're a total fucking millennial.

Is there even any hope or did we all already waste our chance

>your dad would want you getting concussions during your most important part of your growth
You did yourself a favor.

Contact sport is literally one of the worst things you can do to yourself

He was 240 lbs dipshit

Imagine the coping needed to say that Mike Tyson wasn't genetically gifted.

There is no such thing as "frame" you fucking moron.

The friends you mention with a "good frame" are simply way better built due to doing sports, eating more, and presumably also going to the gym.

Your friends who "build muscle but it doesn't look as wide or big" are simply not training properly. They're not as wide or big, because they're not as wide or big. Simple.

Unless you're deformed, "frame" is just a bullshit excuse for poor training and diet. In other words, laziness.

He was. But as an athlete at this level, he wasn't natty though

>a guy with 7 inch wrists has the same muscular potential as a guy with 8 inch wrists
"no"

your muscles pull your skeleton as it grows when you're developing as a child

look at anybody who swam from ages like 5 - 18. even if they stopped swimming, they will always always have broad V taper freaky shoulders until they die. It's how their bones were conditioned to grow

desu if you want to be a bodybuilder and have that V taper you need to go back in time, become a swimmer, then when your skelly is stretched out, pack on muscle mass and become godmode

in short if you didn't swim when you were growing up you're fucked for aesthetics

wtf I hate twins now

Oh Veeky Forums
>People actually think this

Same bro. Internet rot didn't set until until my late teens

I think it has. In science its called epigenetics.

Thats why chads always have it easier than anons who try to fix themselves after years of being a loser.

its the closed possible thing.

learn how statistics works. if they share 50% of the same DNA then you can tell how much of variance is explained by sharing of 50% DNA

Im not a biologist so I dont know how much DNA twins share but its propably like 99,99%...

Also, those genetics mutations are effects of epigenetics, so you basically contradicted yourself at the start, fag

Perhaps people who are naturally attracted to sports have higher test or some other factor that makes them want to train from an early age. If it was test it would also explain a bigger frame.

I used to have sports almost every day of the week juggling hockey and martial arts, and was a fit skeleton. No I didn't count calories back when I was a teen but I feel like I ate pretty well. Had an 8 pack as long as I can remember.

Then I joined the army and packed on like 30lb from carrying weight and not so serious personal lifting. At the moment like 6 foot 175lb trying to bulk up now I don't have to worry about gains grabbing field exercises or sport every day

interesting picture, they're both disgustingly ugly in opposite ways

Cope, started playing wow at 16, morphed into a fatcel and now have 18cm wrists (it's ogre)

It takes a long time to lose fitness as well. Much easier to train from a good base than start from where you can't even run a couple of miles without stopping. Even if you do nothing for a few months you can pick up your losses easier than someone who is a complete couch potato

cope, that high T dom brute on the right could fuck any girl he wants, humanity has not evolved one bit since the neolithic

Arnie actually has some small ass wrists. Only serves to make his arms look more impressive. But perhaps a disadvantage in top level powerlifting?

*any trailer trash he wants

major cope, he could just run criminal or even bouncer game and choke your HQNP oneitis on his fat chode within 10 minutes of meeting her

trailer trash has higher genetic potential than 99% of the world population.

I lived in a trailer park for a couple months and can tell you it's highly variable. You have some cool old dudes living a cheap retirement in nice surrounds. Fit young mobile people who are finding work in a new city and will probably leave soon. But then down the other end of the park you have some fat chick with a mustache, a few meth addicts and some scitsophrenic guy who will get his trailer lit on fire when he owes for drugs

My brothers and I all swam competitively from age 8 to 18 and basically lived at the pool. Neither of my brothers have wide shoulders.

>tfw when I do
>tfw they're younger than me and still more succesful

lol i've seen people like him and most of them are awkward as fuck because they arent handsome

sounds like your gene pool sucks
please don't reproduce

already posted pics. stay jelly homie

I never played sports as a kid but I have a big frame.

wrist size?

And just how inactive are we talking? Did you only rot while playing WoW all day?

I played sports pretty much all my life, and I don't look as good as some of my friends who started lifting at like 17 but take bodybuilding seriously. I think genetics are more important, and obviously how serious you are about lifting.

Great body mate but you don't look as big. Please post front image and lean on a high chair with same pose as Hercules. Blur ur face if scared.

I definitely believe so. One of the best decisions of my life was to begin weight lifting at 17. I worked out like a maniac through the age of 23 with sports until 24. I haven't had a committed routine for about 5 years now but I still have my fit build. Only I conscious effort I make is riding my bike and not eating like a fatass.

Backgammon

Not me

its genetics friend
important thing is to lift and hit them fuckin macros son

This is me I'm only 6'3, and not 10'6, however, so I'm definitely not as big as the Farnese Hercules.

holy chit, merlin

how big are your wrists and just how inactive/unathletic were you growing up?

ps: are you balkancel?