QTDDTOT

Inclined bench or flat bench?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Starting-Strength-Basic-Barbell-Training/dp/0982522738/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1497196560&sr=8-1&keywords=starting strength
b-ok.org/book/2351414/1a5958
gen.lib.rus.ec/book/index.php?md5=783A03BD2F9C83154F0B054AEF985D95
youtu.be/GIX-RyorgkQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

depends on which type of squat I want to perform

Both have a use - incline for upper chest and flat for everything else

Obviously the adjustable bench.

how inclined should the bench be when doing incline db press?
Also should you keep the seat part parallel to the ground or adjust it?

flat whatever for chest. Incline only if I'm the mood for delts

It should be only lightly inclined, up to 30 degrees, unless you want to work primarily your shoulders. As for the seat I adjust it to feel more stable.

i do 30 degree incline, 45 is just extreme. and yes i also incline the seat, otherwise i'm sliding off that bitch.

incline is the best chest builder, flat is shit for chest unless youre doing extremely wide grip and light weights.

today is the day I remind them chest is chest and no upper or lower portion of it activate without the other part working too

You'd be wrong

Flat for strength then incline for isolation

that's fucking incorrect, bruh. enjoy your saggy pecs.

Just a reminder that incline bench increases upper pec activation only 5% and anterior delt activation like 60%. Reverse grip bench press is a much better upper pec exercise having 35% more upper chest activation.

THat's some severly underrated advice
Thanks familiaro

Can you grow a physique only doing exercises with weights and dumbbells?

Half the wiki won't load for me. Can someone please find me the pdf or explanation to the Starting Strength program?

amazon.com/Starting-Strength-Basic-Barbell-Training/dp/0982522738/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1497196560&sr=8-1&keywords=starting strength

You have to eat too.

b-ok.org/book/2351414/1a5958

Thank you so much, guys!

Sorry didn't realise the file wasn't a PDF

gen.lib.rus.ec/book/index.php?md5=783A03BD2F9C83154F0B054AEF985D95

Click 'libgen' then 'download'

I'm going on a roadtrip with friends in two weeks. Just found out that we're probably going to be going on some hikes. Nothing to intensive, probably just some nature trails, but I'm unfit as fuck and don't know how long they're going to be. How can I get as prepared as possible in two weeks for this? Will I be able to improve my performance at all between now and then?

I was thinking daily long distance walks to build endurance and some jogging every second day to build general cardio performance. Dumb idea?

So i just started, should keep eating the same way and drinking whey on rest days? I'm not a hungry skelleton but I'm skinny.

Incline for Dumbell, flat for barbell.

Dropped from 250 to 160 over the last year (6'0), don't really know where to go from here. 160 sounds so small but I think I need to keep losing even more

When you just begin lifting like I am do you actually start gaining wait while losing fat?

Is it normal that my lower back gets sore when deadlifting with proper form and a straight back?

During the workout it starts hurting but after I'm done with the deadlifts it disappears

flat bench and OHP
incline bench is inferior in every way

2pl8 = 2x20kg plates or 50kg on each side?

It can happens, maybe its time for a new belt? Youre targeting those muscles so theyre gonna activate and in your case theres a little tightness.

Youre experiencing back and spine problems when your finger tips start becoming numb randomly throughout the day.

40kg on each side plus 20kg bars so 100kg total

flat barbell, incline dumbell

...if you like your shoulders...

youtu.be/GIX-RyorgkQ

This happens to me too. Not sure how bad it is.

Heels aren't touching the counter
0/10

Been doing 4 weeks of stronglifts and gained 4/5kg. How much weight should I be aiming to put on every weke/month?

0.5kg/month

Then i've been lifting 2pl8s long time ago, i thought i wasn't supposed to count the bar lol
feels good i guess

>Heels aren't touching my face
>0/10
FTFY

that makes sense but I don't even know what my bf is desu

2,5kg each session

You sound like you may be eating too much. You can only put on ~2lbs of muscle per month unless you're roiding. That's a little under 1kg.

So you're gained a huge amount of fat.

This guy gets it

this
1000 times this
not memeing, fucked up my shoulders with incline bb press

This.

Unless you will do some 8 hours hikes, they arent that hard tbqh. Most people also take short pauses from time to time, so it isnt like you will walk for 4 hours straight.

Ah, thanks. Seems like I need recalculate TDEE

I meant actual body weight

For any physiotherapists out there:

I've recently (maybe for the last week?) developed a discomfort/pain on the top-ish part of my left foot as shown in pic related. And it got really pronounced yesterday and even caused a bit of a limp in my step.

It hurts when I try to walk, and when I stand normally on both feet. Strangely though, it doesn't hurt when i stand only on that one foot, when all of my weight is on it.

I work part-time 4 days a week as a waiter, so I do a lot of walking. And as for training I only do closed-chain movements like squats and deadlifts, the usual strength training stuff. I haven't been training very long (

This is hoscience unless you can source it

First BB flat
Then DB incline
Trust me I know about these things

post "expert" physique

How do I perform warmup bodyweight squats without looking like an idiot?

>people doing exercises in the gym
>looking stupid
Wrong

Is there a good exercise routine without equipment? Burned all the money in greasy foods and there is nothing left for gyms and stuff

I'm a male 6'1 in
210lb
26% body fat
2500 TDEE

will i get big if i only do compunds like
squat
bench
dl
pullup
barbell rows
dips
shsoulder press

Guys I need some help here, my chest isnt bad near my delts and around the bottom but I literally have no muscle on my inner chest, if someone looks at me from the side you can see my chest go inwards as theres no muscle in the middle, I dont think I have pectus excavatum, wtf is wrong with me

Train more chest, give it time. The sternum is where the pectorals attach to and as such you will always have an area in the middle with no muscle that separates the two

>there are people that actually took the bar joke seriously

Been lifting for 3.5 yrs, max deadlift is 455, aiming for 500, and lately my hands have been hurting in not a normal way, like the skin is detaching, and today it's starting to happen.

What do?

As a rule of thumb: bench and ohp is enough for triceps, pullups and rows are not enough for biceps
Other than that I agree

I'm planning to do a 24h-72h fast. What should I do to minimize muscle loss?

I guess I do just need to lift for longer to get that thicc chest

It is quite a big area without any muscle though, not just located on my sternum, about 2 inches side of the sternum there is no muscle on either pec, gets me worried sometimes.

Drink protein shakes

Thats the callous ripping off of your hand, you havent had that happen before? its normal for heavy lifts

Make sure you get all your vitamins and minerals or you will feel like complete shit

Is decline bench useless?

add some biceps curls and you are good to go

Eat like an animal everyday, rest or not. I used to eat regularly on rest days and it would make my work out meals bloat me. You get used to eating a lot if you eat a lot all the time lmao

Vitamins do nothing on such a short notice, minerals is a vague term. Just dont answer or at least do it properly; take SALTS. Preferably a product that has at least 50% potassium in it, among with the obvious natrium. Magnesium too.

yes

Been out the gym for 3 years
Can I begin on a long cut?
Will I regain the strength? If not should I do 8-12 for weight loss and then start a strength routine post cut.

You lose weight in the kitchen, not in the gym. Read the sticky. Cut fast, bulk slow.

>Thats the callous ripping off of your hand,
I've had that numerous times, this isn't the callous, my actual skin under the callous is comin off my hand

on rest days after lifting you're still using slightly more calories than usual even at rest, as your muscles are building and repairing which takes protein and energy. So you should maintain a slight caloric surplus and still get your 1g/lb lbm of protein.

Also drinking whey only matters if you're hitting your daily protein target, if you don't then it's exactly the same as eating food.

Personally however I prefer to maintain a larger caloric surplus on rest days (800 or so above BMR) and go for some cardio, usually a bike ride, burning it down to about 300 surplus. Cardio health is important and as long as you keep eating more than you use it won't affect gains, it'll make you fitter and healthier.

If anything I said is confusing then read the sticky and you should track your cals/macros with myfitnesspal. Good luck user

isn't ripping skin the sign of bad grip? You're not supposed to grip it with your palms

>Dunning Kruger
Of course you lose weight by lifting high volume. My question was about all the things revolving around "muscle memory" etc.
Anyone else please? No offense

Aaaand you're wrong.

put on shoes and go out for a run you fat fuck
look up couch to 5k and start eating clean

This is fairly normal, you get those calluses easily by gripping the knurled section of some barbells. Them ripping off is just what happens as it gets more and more worn. Try lifting gloves if it bothers you. I cycle a lot so I have those calluses anyway so I don't mind.

Yeah I do know my grip isn't right, and I'm trying to fix that but it's hard to change after so long

on my non-lifting days I box for 30 minutes and do 2-3 ab exercises.

is this bad for "rest" days? Should I move those workouts to post lifting or anything instead?

No you don't really need 'rest' days if you're eating and sleeping well

Do you have issues with too little rest because of this? If no no. Come on faam

Should always keep track of your vitamins though.

Minerals like iron, potassium, magnesium, zinc, calcium, selenium, sodium, copper, manganese, phosphorous, you need all of them on a daily basis

Yeah it is, you should only be gripping the barbell with your fingers.

I've had that happen before when I used to do chinups with a shitty grip, those callouses are gonna come off at some point

>can i begin on a long cut
post pics, or at least stats (height/weight/bf%) but basically if you feel a bit too fat then cut, it's purely up to you my dude.
>8-12 for weight loss
rep ranges don't make that much of a difference really, unless you're doing silly amounts of reps with light weight. If you're going to cut just eat at a 300-500 deficit and add some cardio into your usual lifting routine, keep eating enough protein and lifting as heavy as you can. If your lifts stay consistent/go up, then you're good. If they start going down or you fail more often thatn usual, then maybe time to do a week or two on maintenance cals and lifting otherwise you'll start to lose muscle.

Depends on your goals. If you like boxing more than lifting, then lift accordingly. If vice versa, doing anything other apart from going to the gym will obviously hinder gym progress.

Goals, son.

Ab work the day before squats, ohp abd deadlifts is a no-no. Why do you even do them when you have the big compounds?

youre holding the bar wrong you should hold it between finger and palm not on the 'end cushion' of your palm, the bar slides down in your hand causing friction ripping the skin. had the same when i started liting over 100kg weights

>No you don't really need 'rest' days if you're eating and sleeping well

please be bait

I am quite sure that if a person does a 3 days fast for example, taking natrium, potassium and magnesium will be enough. Iron for example definitely isnt needed instantly.

then why you post if you already know fag

Thanks for the advice.
I have not much muscle to lose r/n. Just wanted to know if strength routine makes any sense on a cut as a (re)beginner

k

seriously fuck those bodybuilding splits

i just want to do compounds and move on with my day

not a question but whatever

Lately i've been doing an awfull lot of pulling exercises and my fingers are hurting. Should i give it a rest for a few days and focus on the pushing aspect or just try to ignore it ?

I'm doing Phraks version of GSLP, with some added isolation for arms buecause I am a long armed skellington.

What is a good ab exercise to add? I want to add something that will reck my obliques and apollo's belt.
Also how often should I do it?

Has anyone tried doing 5/3/1 with joker sets and "first set last"? 3 AMRAP sets per lift seems like it'd be absolutely exhausting, esp. consider there are days with both squat and DL and OHP. How does it work out in practice?

Don't use your own brain. No ab work needed

A few days rest sounds nice. Apply cold / nsaid gel/tablet course if needed.

so when should i do them then? I usually dont box the day before i do OHP and deads so its not that big of a deal. I guess I could do them after i finish all my compounds

I like that you do the full body version, frequency is king
You're not supposed to do first set last on the full body version