Are eccentric movements better for hypertrophy than concentric?

Are eccentric movements better for hypertrophy than concentric?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bRevyyFM82w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

no

I think you confused Veeky Forums for a board that actually lifts

I'm pretty sure you have to do both

NIGGER WHO CARES JUST LIFT

yes, just about every other youtube video about fitness emphasises the eccentric portion of any lift to contribute more to muscle growth, make sure to do at least 3 second eccentrics and on your last rep make it 5 seconds, poof insta gainz

I'm not sure if there's ever been a study of people doing only concentric movements, and another group of people doing only eccentric movements.

It's broscience that you have to go super-slow on the eccentric. The important thing is to have an explosive concentric, and be able to control the eccentric so you don't break form. It's also a good idea to squeeze the muscle at the peak and maintain the squeeze on the eccentric.

I believe the differences are so miniscule that only bbers need worry

Get strong and do your accessories and get a pump as a natty and you'll get big without the headache of sweating the small shit like this

Muscle physiology wise, eccentric lifts are more damaging. The muscle is lengthening and contracting at the same time, your muscles 'don't like' it. Depending on the exercise, you're producing more force than you would normally with a concentric contraction, which act on the proteins that anchor the sarcomeres together

Being more damaging isn't necessarily a good thing either, during heavy exercise you're bound to cause muscle damage, but eccentric lifts place more muscle at risk of the damage. There's a fine line between enough damage for DOMS, and just muscle damage in general, which hamper gains.

So, basically exercise moderation. Don't destroy your muscles with 8 second long eccentric bicep curls.
If you aren't taking steroids you don't recover from retarded workouts like that and don't benefit from it.

>eccentric contraction
It's flexion, you fucking mongoloid.

wrong

/thread

t. dyel

eccentric lifts are a useless meme

fun fact, the eccentric part of a movement is what creates the soreness. sounds like broacience but it was a reputable source that i dont remember.. maybe lyle

youtube.com/watch?v=bRevyyFM82w

it's on the wiki article about DOMS

t. all my muscles were not torn at all from doing this

>more force
What's easier, lowering into a squat or getting out of the hole?

Controled eccentric and explosive concentric is the best for hypertrophy