Failed the semester, gonna spend the entire summer lifting heavy and doing sports. Who's with me?

Failed the semester, gonna spend the entire summer lifting heavy and doing sports. Who's with me?

Only tards fail the semester

Not everyone studies in American kindergarten-tier colleges

>Fails semester
>Choosing to lift heavy(3 p8 deadlift) over actually studying
>never gonna make it

only tardos fail the semester at ANY level in any country. academia is piss easy

t. postdoc who coasted through bsc+msc+phd programs with no effort perhaps study 1 day a week (astrophysics)

don't be a brainlet

>kindergarten-tier
most international students in the world

i took a trimester off and spent the whole time investing in myself lifting, getting into clothes etc and it was worthwhile

Same

I got an A on my masters thesis in applied maths, still gonna spend the entire summer lifting heavy though. Or at least as long as I can until I gotta start working...

Currently having exams in med school and failing every single class. Starting to get depressed but whatever.

Same, and I am training full time. I might just take a few days off to cry it out and then start getting my shit together for autumn

Guys I legit have nightmares and half awake hallucinations when I think I might get a B in a class. (always end up with A/A- though). I don't really care when I am awake and relatively stress free. Especially when my GPA is fairly good and I could afford a C and still make it into grad school. Is their something in peoples subconcious that makes them like me. Not trying to brag here. I hate waking up tired during finals week because of it (not nervous during exams either).

prove it, fuckface

also have fun with all those jobs

>just getting out now
I've been done for over a month now, almost a month and a half.

>applied math
too much of a brainlet for pure or just looking for a job?

Are you in high school? Post your feet.

not much of a difference in intelligence required for the two, in my view. I did pure for bachelors and then switched to applied for the masters.

A lot of the stuff you do is the same (same goes for e.g. HEP physics and other theoretical branches of physics, mechanics etc), the main difference is where the motivation comes from. To do a degree in pure maths, you need to accept that what you do will likely never be found particularly useful by anyone, and you need to find some sort of source of inner motivation that is still strong enough that you want to dedicate your life to thinking about those problems.

I definitely don't have that, I want my results to be useful to people and be used by many. That's where my motivation comes from.

I said fuck everything and switched my major from statistics to political science...gpa is above 3.25 again (helps with internships) and I can always find a couple of hours for the gym

>heavy(3 p8 deadlift)

The difference between theoretical and applied math is a little like designing a car for function (you take someones problem and solve it) vs. building a car for aesthetics (you make up your own problem and solve it, and if there is no pretty solution, you can make up a different problem, at least sometimes, because people won't be on your back telling you your thing is now useless.)

So the overarching design philosophy is different, but once you're past the basic modelling and concept stage, you're still building a car, so it's a lot of the same stuff that goes into it.

I hate that I know what this is from

>tfw brainlet
>tfw gainlet

I've been fucking trying this summer but my muscles are so non-existent and my form is so horrendous that I injure myself every single time.

start with lighter weights and warm up?

>tfw 6'5", 245 lbs., sub 12% body fat adonis
>tfw close to starting medical school
>tfw about to start a very well paying (for part time anyway) position for extra money/experience
>tfw weight lifting 3 non consecutive days a week and running 2-3 non consecutive days a week
>tfw self study to get further ahead in my off time anyway

if you REALLY want both, then it NEVER feels like "work".

The empty bar is too heavy.

>tfw don't try at all
>still haven't failed

I failed a bunch of stuff years ago spent my time lifting and partying then eventually dropped out and got a shitty job. Now years later I'm finally about to graduate after going back via distance, if you failed, you failed for a reason, uni is easy as piss if you put a bit of time in, lifting takes 1 hour a day, so spend your summer fixing your study habits and doing what you need to do so you don't fail again, or you'll end up like me and years behind your peers.

>I hate that I know what this is from

T. cuck

>thinks hes gonna have time to lift once he gets in med school

>running 2-3 days/week
>6'5" 245lbs
>implying

Either you used to be super fat, in which case you are most certainly not an adonis, nor are you sub 12% BF.

Or you used to be skinny, in which case you most certainly do not weigh 245lbs while also running 2-3 days a week.

Post a picture, nerd.

Source: 6'5", 215lbs, actually sub 12% bodyfat and not an e-stating faggot.

> PhD engineering student at best lab in country for my program
> No debt and paid to go to school
> Spend weekdays doing industry leading research
> Spend weekend hanging by pool, getting mires from qt grad students also at school for the summer
> Just hit 1 plate 1x5 OHP
It doesn't matter that you work 80 hours a week sometimes, I know that good feel user

>failing the semester
>calling anything kindergarten-tier

>prove it, fuckface
Not even him, but why should he doxx himself only for you to inevitably move the goalposts?

I don't work in IT and I don't want to be a 50s dad with a 3/10 barren chinkwife.

Because anyone that "coasted through" a Ph.D program is a goddamn fucking liar. And we're on Veeky Forums, not Mensa forums.

Thanks user, I've been wondering myself where to go.

>sub 12%

t. everyone that can't see his abs
this is true, my physics degree in yuroland is much more demanding than some mcburger shituniversity that is suited to low IQ niggers through affirmative action in their non-research areas

You need more food and sleep, start frying your muscles, use machines for lifting for now since you cant do form or wont try 2.

>learn that there is someone superior to you on the internet
>feel INTENSELY insecure about it
>throw the biggest bitch fit of your day

just because you're too much of an unmotivated, lame, directionless piece of shit to aim high doesn't mean everyone else is.

impotent rage is a bitch and jealousy is a disease. here's to hoping you seek the help you so desperately need.

keep fighting the good fight to advance humanity, brother. i'm looking forward to doing my part as a healthcare practitioner.

Congratulations, user.
Out of curiosity, did you take a gap year before applying/going? If so, what did you do? I'm a rising junior. The pre-med advisor doesn't think I need one since I'm doing everything I need to so far, but I'm curious whether you'd recommend one.

>unironically calling yourself an adonis
>arrogantly dismissing claims that your preposterous claims are false

You may fool the whole world down the pathway of years
And get pats on the back as you pass
But your final reward will be heartache and tears
If you’ve cheated the man in the glass.

This is one hell of projection, but I have a feeling that your "achievements" are simply your best case goals. I bet that you're a sophomore undergrad, building up confidence because you got a B+ in that super hard biology 103 class that you should've placed out of by taking the AP in high school, if you had been smart enough.

But hey I'm just an user on the internet :

not the person you quoted but no one cares. also, getting into med school isnt hard. i got into a private US MD school and dropped out after a semester because it sucked a fat fucking cock. 4 weeks into MS1 and your arrogance will fade as you quickly realize how much your life sucks and will continue to suck until, at the very least, you finish residency/fellowship.

do bodyweight exercises until you can lift 50lb

Sounds like you should study all summer instead, retard.

Never understood that meme. American university's are on top in a lot of rankings, not only that they actually require you to do work. In korea,japan etc. Its literally just drink and pass, the finals would be to copy a page in a book and get a 100 for the class.

high quality bait my friend you seem like the intelligent type

>all this jealousy
>all this impotent rage
>all this desperation for a response from their superior

lol, here's your (you). only 1 for each of you bitchy little whiners, so make it count.

Have you considered suicide?

But American colleges have massively grade inflation and still partly grade based on participation abd attendance.

Seems Kindergarten tier to me.

Americans are just fucking dumb and ignorant, that's why.

yea this desu.
most colleges r a fucking joke

they're only good in research, but that doesn't translate well into the programs. American colleges themselves are a fucking joke work-wise, you have assigments/tasks that allow you to do shit in finals, and you basically can't fail it (lest you end up with a shit grade). Also hyper grade inflation, so the degrees themselves aren't worth jackshit except their names.

Affirmative action has ruined your university programs

This. And reminder that at most top colleges most researches are foreigners. They're only good because they have the most money.

In Germany some engineering classes have a ~75% failure rate, and you're out after failing the same class twice. Just goes to show how different it is in some countries.

>you have assigments/tasks that allow you to do shit in finals, and you basically can't fail it
Here we have 6-8 hours worth of classes every day (mandatory) Monday through Friday, and they expect us to study the rest of the day/weekends. Attendance is a prerequisite for taking your finals and assignments (seminars) aren't worth shit

A lot of people also work on the side and athletes don't have it any easier (I get to leave a bit early to make it to practice in time)

astrophysics is actually easy doe

fuck i hate cunts who bang on about physics like it's difficult, there are more difficult law courses than that shit

they always brag about their workload as well, one cunt tried to tell me he was doing 90 hour days (while having casual beers with me for the whole day in the middle of semester)

physics is much harder and the competition is much more intelligent than in law (can't judge the situation in america though). Also, astrophysics is a meme

I just finished my bachelor's in chemistry and I know I should get a job but I kinda wanna just lift for the summer. I guess I'll see what jobs are like in August.

>fail semester three times
Hold me Veeky Forums

Same here.
I'm with you,lets fucking do this.

I just gave up mate. Gonna try getting in the army and settling down.

lmfao I guarantee my last 3 semesters have been harder than your entire college experience

>graduate from uni
>get job as software dev
>work and lift
This is all I do.

yeah but I didn't fail

Graduated with a bio degree a year late because of freshman fuck ups but making 70k starting. i aint even mad