Dandruff

Okay seriously. HOW DONI GET RID OF DANDRUFF

Cold showers dont help
Shampooing less doesnt help
Dandruff shampoo doesnt help
Zinc shampoo doesnt help
Anti fungal shampoo doesnt help
Moiaturizing my scalp after showering makes it clump and grease up with the same if not more visible dandruff

WHAT THE FUCK

Coconut oil you fucking disgusting cracker. White pigs know nothing.

You're going bold, embrace it op

T/Gel works for me

nizoral cuckhead

Cold showers(knob turned from the get, not that pussy work to it shit), shampoo once a week, and conditioning between shampoos

Im literally using it faggot, doesn't do anything

On my scalp in my hair? Just makes mu head greasy and smell like stale fruit in about 3 hours.

t. Cracker

Wash your hair then brush it through

>Wash hair then brush it

All that does is flake it out even more.

Try Selsun Blue with the green label. Its active ingredient is selenium sulfide instead of zinc whatever that other dandruff shampoos have. Worked for me when nothing else would.

Shut up you fucking white scum. Listen here, wash your hair, put the coconut oil in your hair, brush the oil through. Do this and it will work. Only other option is shaving your head until all the flakes are gone

You should test the water coming out of your shower for hardness. If you're showering with hard water that will cause dandruff.

I used to live in a place with hard water and I had no clue why I'd get bad dandruff. It would also go away when I spent time away from home. Finally made the connection, got my landlord to get a new water softener and it cleared up.

You might be deficient in omega-3. Take fish oil if you don't already

Will probably do this.

I shouldnt be, taking pimpkin seed oil every day for like half a year. On top of a one a day and biotin.

do niggers have dandruff aswell? i like learning

Coconut after brushing is gonna make him look like a nappy headed faggot, sound familiar?

maybe you're not scrubbing with your fingers enough? i didn't do this for a long time when i was in my teens and i didnt know why i had so much dandruff

u got the fungus

my unhygenic afro-hispanic friend has maaad dandruff in that nappy head of his. its honestly disgusting

dermatitis fag here. nothing cures it. it varies in severity and can be managed, but not cured.

option 1: keep your hair short, moisturize it before shower and really SCRUB the scalp. SCRUB that fucking shit, don't worry about damaging your precious hair follicles - you won't, and if anything, increased blood flow to the scalp will make your hair stronger - that's how they treat alopecia. relief for 1-2 days. can be done with longer hair, but you'd need a whole tube of moisturizer every time to really get it to scalp.

option 2: shave head every 1-2 days, moisturize before and after shave. you might get red blotches of irritated skin early on, but if you keep it at it, they'll go away as the skin gets used to frequent shaving. relief for 1-2 days.

option 3: be a faggot and kill yourself

get zinc+ketonazole shampoo and use it forever even if you feel like it doesn't help. disregard "use 3 times a week for a month" label they put on it, it's bullshit. and get GOOD moisturizer. good doesn't mean expensive shit full of purfume and essential bullshit oils, just something that feels good to you. that shit that you're using isn't even a moisturizer if it's clogging your hair - it's some sort of oil/wax/liquid paraffin cream, which is really good to apply to clean shaven head for night to wash off in the morning, but doesn't do much moisturizing.

good luck faggot. it sucks, but there are worse things.

forgot to mention that by SCRUB I don't mean a faggy head massage - that won't make that shit flake off. I used the hard part of pic related before I went with option two permanently three years ago. a hard brush with short, thick and dense synthetic bristles can also be good, especially with faggy long hair. once again, don't be a fairy and don't worry about damaging scalp with it.

and moisturizing before shower/shave needs to be done at least 10-15 minutes in advance to soften up the flakes to make them come off well.

no shampoo actually helped a lot

This. Neutrogena is GOAT

ok user. First. You're gonna get some dandruff shampoo. You want a bottle of Neutrogena T/gel and a bottle of Ketokonazole shampoo like Nizoral. You should use these alternatingly every other day. Don't shampoo every day that's shit. Also get one of these plastic scalp massagers/shampoo brushes on amazon or walmart and use it to scrub your head.

Okay friendo.

Here's how I fixed my dandruff problem :
DO NOT SHAMPOO EVERYDAY.
shampoo every other say instead.
Always shampoo with cold water and do it twice.
For exemple : Monday, you shampoo it twice with cold water. Tuesday, rince your hair with cold water but don't shampoo it. Wednesday is a shampoo day. Thursday, leave it alone. Etc.

Also, do not use dandruff shampoo. Thr rougher the shampoo, the dryer your scalp gets and the more dandruff you'll get. I use dove for men, not head 'n shoulders.

It will take some time for your scalp to get your oil levels to normal. You produce oil because it's supposed to be there to protect your hair. Accept that your hair will be slitghly oily one day on two. That's how healthy hair look.

When your head it itchy, use a brush with instead of your nails and scratch gently.

Stop trying to tyranize your head into being dry and perfectly sanitized. It's not meant to be dry.

Get your hair wet and scrub baking soda into your scalp. Rub til it burns just a little. Then take vinegar (I just use white vinegar) and mix it with water for vinegar:water ratio of 1:10 (make about a liter). Let the baking soda sit a bit and then pour the vinegar over it and really run that in too. Let that sit for a bit then rinse really well. I can normally get the vinegar smell out of my hair but if you can't then you should use a really small amount of conditioner.

Every night before bed put coconut oil in your hair, wash it out when you do the above routine in the morning. You're welcome.

Honestly, what works for me is the Kenra's Anti Dandruff soap. Before or during your shower you should brush your hair with a fine brush. Then later on the Kenra, work that shit in for like two minutes. Deep scrubs every time. Use a really good moisturizing conditioner. After that, shampoo and condition every other day. Works great for me, but it isn't a full on fix. If I miss days, it comes back but it isn't as bad. Also, I find that when I shave my head and get sun on it, it won't be as bad either.

K E T O conazol

Oi mate i also had the chronic dandruff. Shampoo only twice a week and use only about a grape size amount of shampoo. Always use conditioner with the same size as a grape as well, but while you're showering leave it on for about 10 minutes while you clean the rest of your body and then scrub really fucking hard, like you mean it and thoroughly with the tips of your fingers. Make sure to do this with slightly warm water to make it easier to get the dandruff off. After that get about 2-3 drops of coconut oil, rub it together on your hands and run it through your hair, let it rest for 10 minutes and then comb your hair to loosen up more dandruff. Then jump right into the shower again, this time with hot water to get the oil off, and just scrub it off as much as you can and get out to prevent your hair from getting greasy. That's all there is to it.

I've also got permanent, chronic dermatitis.

Selsun gold (blue is a watered down version) works for about 3-5 days, but the smell of sulphur in your hair is pretty awful (some people are lucky enough not to mind though, I have a very sensitive sense of smell). Honestly the best stuff for it.

As for nizoral that you've said you're using. That's also the watered down stuff, it's 1%. Go to a pharmacy, ask for industrial strength, over the counter nizoral. That shit is 2%, and it will work if you wash several times a week. Keep some cooling head and shoulders on standby though, because while it stops the dandruff, it doesn't stop the itch.

Both products will dry the fuck out of your hair and it won't be style-able. Best just to wash it afterwards with some moisturising shampoo, and then condition it.

Head and shoulders twice a day will get rid of it in a week

Ist that what conditioner is for? Used to use only shampoo, would often get dandruff, a lot less dandruff after regularly using conditioner.

>uses dandruff shampoo once, thinks it doesnt work.

I had huge dandruff problems in HS. after about a month of switching to head & shoulders shampoo my dandruff was gone.

do you also have that flaky shit on your eyebrows, nose and ears? does that shampoo help with those?

possibly psoriasis of the scalp. do you have keratosis pilaris on your arms? or any other form of dermatitis? if so, dandruff shampoo, designed to treat the fungal infection, will not help. if anything, it could be a dietary. vitamin a is a big one, the best source is liver. make sure you are taking your fish oils, and, and stay off of any dairy products. i have dealt with this shit for years and no shampoos help. i have mostly subsided from drinking alcohol, and completely taken out dairy. no more bad shits, farting, bloat, and the skin conditions are miraculously better,

This is how I fixed mine (although I think mine depends on the season - winter time in UK it is at its worst).

Cut hair very short; stop wearing hats; get sun on your scalp (and rest of body); only wash hair twice a week but do it very thoroughly; moisturise scalp and head with shea butter after wash (i use palmer's raw shea butter; reduce dairy products; shower head in only warm/cold water.

I had a lot of dandruff aswell so I feel your pain.
I tried Nizoral and all that shit aswell which helped but didn't fix it (it returned). I talked to a really skilled hairdresser who sold a shampoo to me. I only shampoo my hair twice a week and I use VERY little shampoo. Then conditioner once a week. No cheap ass shampoos or anything else.

i had this issue for years and one day i was just like fuck it, shaved my head completely bald, took a shower and head felt brand new, never had dandruff again since.

This shampoo, you prematurely balding pleb.

Honestly, after some months of using a Head&Shoulders shampoo the problem disappeared completely and I thought it wouldn't help too. Turned out, time is the key and your best bet would be to start using this shampoo every day and be patient.

Try no shampoo at all for two weeks. If you're using Rogaine, that can cause dandruff.

Make sure it's actually dandruff. I couldn't get rid of mine whatever I tried, used multiple anti-dandruff shampoos but nothing worked. Then I dropped shampoo all together for 2 weeks to see if it was sensitive skin or an allergy and it completely disappeared overnight. Now I use hypoallergenic shampoo 1-2 times a week and haven't had a problem in years.

Shave your head every day with a straight razor and be a goddamn man

Same here. Changed my life big time. After only one or two uses I was back to my prime, and now I only have to use it like once a week, tops. I tried head and shoulders and nizoral and neither of those worked.

I'm going to see a dermatologist anyway for acne. Do you think they would be able to discern the cause of the dandruff? Is it possible the acne and dandruff are related? All my acne is near my hairline or facial hair

I think my dandruff was caused by allergies. I had bad psoriasis as well but when I started extra rinsing my laundary and using hypo allergenic soaps and and cleaners it has disappeared.

It may also be diet, cut out dairy for 3 weeks and see how it changes.

dont do this

Candida diet.
You have an overpopulation of candida gut fungus you fat sack of shit

the guy you're replying to isn't even black you stupid fuck

eat dog feces, that should help.

I have a skin condition I inherited so I have dry skin and dandruff
I'm too much of a pikey to pay for fancy creams. Heads and shoulders shampoo is helpful but when I'm really stressed and during puberty dandruff gets worse

lol

Stop using shampoo. Not once a week, not an all-natural shampoo, stop using it altogether.

Shower with cold water, wash your hair, and stimulate your scalp by brushing it with a comb.

Fix your diet.

Humans don't need shampoo for clean, nice hair and a healthy scalp. It's a scam.

That doesn't sound like dandriff. That sounds like reptillian skin shedding. Are you human OP? I know quite a few reptillian creatures have skin problems when taking human form.

Humans also don't need toothpaste if they didn't eat sugary shit 24/7

Tell me how often you wash your head with a shampoo.

You aren't supposed to shampoo your hair every day.

>shampoo once a week

Confirming that Veeky Forums users are greasy autists

You could do this; I've done it and it's not bad, but once a week at least.

I realize that no one has asked if you're using Minoxidil or Rogaine. Those can coat the scalp and result in annoying dandruff (I have personal experience). Best bet is to keep hair short, don't overspray (if you're using one of those).

Starting from the most effective to least effective:
>Don't scratch your head, ever. Run your hands through your hair if itchy, but never scratch.
>Shampoo/Condition less often. You want your hair to be coated lightly in its natural oils s.t. Your scalp isn't itchy but your hair isn't greasy
>Change shampoo and conditioners often. Never use hair products designed for flaking exclusively.
>Temperature of the water matters less than making sure you thoroughly clean your hair (again, don't scratch)

To add hold to your hair, use modeling clay or a soft clay (hair products, not hobby clay deep. Ask your barber about it next time or google it). use a little bit, perhaps only after you use shampoo/conditioner so your scalp/hair isn't completely dry.

You can shower without using shampoo you damn retard

Tbh idk user. I used to have dandruff so i started using an antidandruff shampoo. Havent used that in forever and i really only get dandruff if i rub my scalp

i stoped using shampoo and i'm only washing my hair with argan oil conditioner.

i always get it from amazon.

some user wrote thatlike a year or two ago and i gave it a try , and it was a revealation.
silky smooth and clean hair.

It's probably a diet issue. Eat more avacados and broccoli and up your water intake as a start

The two aren't comparable. It's a false equivalency.

I had the worst dandruff ever, like snowflakes everywhere bad. I had tried everything from coconut to oil oil, nothing mattered. I found head and shoulders clinical strength in a dark blue bottle, and an all natural olive oil conditioner and have been flake free for months.

Nice shilling. Dandruff shampoo offers temporary relief but will be detrimental in the long run.

This one OP I could write my name in dandruff until I found this but make sure to use a good conditioner because this stuff isn't that good on the hair but on the scalp it's amazing

I'd be more worried about that receding hairline, OP.

>t. gel

Does Apple Cider Vinegar work?

What colour is his dandruff?

What's wrong with it?

yes but only when you cook with it

Idk dude but head and shoulders alwaya worked for me and i always had problems with dandruff. If i stop using it for like a week i get it back

I'm 30, I've had dandruff since i'm a kid. Literally all my life, tried everything to get rid of it: shampoo, old grandma mixtures, food, medicine ... Now I'm just used to it. It doesn't itch, but and as long as I brush, it'll rain.
Hint: wear white upper body clothes.
Also this stuff is rather efficient.

Hey the people with Dandruff, dermatitis. Do you guys experience hair loss? I have seborrheic dermatitis on my scalp and i swear my hair is thinner, and sort of receding.

If so, did any of your hair grow back?

I am 20 under tons of stress and have dermatitis to make it worse i recently noticed it looks like my fucken hair is sort of receding,

If you otherwise have dry skin then drink more water and get a medicated shampoo
I have eczema so everything is dry and it sucks ass.
Alternatively you could try not shampooing as frequently and with a shampoo that isn't cheap shite as it could be being aggravated by that.
If you climate is cold that could contribute.