Slow Cookers

I just bought one of these things and I've got some beef cooking in it. Do any of you guys use it to do meal prep? What are some simple recipes I could make? I googled "simple fucking crockpot recipes" but it didn't turn up much.

Chili is good plus it has amazing macros.

>I've got some beef cooking in it

what do u have against slow cookers

That's a stretch but I'll allow it.

Just put stuff in it and either go high heat for a couple of hours or low heat for an even longer amount of time.

Pretty much anything works, really. Get some chicken breasts, season them, put in some liquid (beer, broth, tomato puree, etc.) and veggies (if you wanna eat legumes though, use precooked ones and add them right before it's done).

If you wanna reduce calories, skim off some of the fat from the sauce or liquid, otherwise just stir that shit properly and you're good to go. Add brown rice and bone app the teeth.

I typically use one to prepare meat because you pretty much can't fuck it up and it won't end up dry if you use a decent amount of liquid.

Hey fuck you that was at least a 8/10 chuckle from me.

I use a slow cooker for almost every meal (I don't have a kitchen in my place) I'll give you some tips if you want, give me a few to type some stuff up.

Ok so like this user said chili is great. My particular chili is super simple.

Two pounds ground beef, browned if you want to eat it sooner

two cans red kidney beans, drained and rinsed, I THINK the standard size of them is 15.5 or like 16 ounces

one large can tomato sauce, one regular can diced tomatoes, one small can tomato paste

a packet of mcormick chili seasoning, not the slow cooker version (fuck you guys, yes I use pre packaged seasoning, mcormick had food scientists make that shit just for me)

one or two diced green pepper, depending on how much you like green pepper

then cumin, cayenne, additional chili powder to taste, if you want it really spicy add another tablespoon of cayenne every couple of hours until you get the hang of it, or just leave the extra spices out if you want to keep it simple

if you browned the beef should be good in like 6 hours if you didn't then do 8-10

Thanks babe.

low and slow is the way to go. I like to do 3lbs of defrosted chicken thighs or breasts (boneless+skinless) on low for about 6 hours, maybe longer if they're still frozenish.

if you do any kind of meat, add frozen veggies in the last hour or two of cooking. no sooner or they'll get mushy and less appealing.

chicken+veggies in the pot and brown rice in a rice cooker is a great way to do lunches for the week. try cooking the chicken with various sauces or spices. just pour some shit on top when you start cooking and let it sit until it's done.

Also a good rule of thumb for a slow cooker is every time you open the lid you are increasing the cook time by 40 minutes.

If you just want to make some decent chicken breast then put the chicken in the cook with about two cups of water or chicken brother per pound of chicken (don't have to drown it, it's not soup) and salt/pepper and cook for six-8 hours. Idiot proof, comes out tender every time.

I like you too user, here is another:

beef and mushroom hot pot

two pounds beef stew meat, either get the tips or cut some meat down

16 ounces of sliced mushrooms

2 cups sliced carrots

6 ounces long grain rice

28 ounces beef broth

salt and pepper to taste, cook on low for 6-8 hours

This is gonna sound retarded but do you just put the dry rice in there or do you have to precook it?

No that's a legit question. Honestly a lot of people complain about rice being hard when you don't precook it. But I use raw rice right out of the bag and I have never had an issue with it. It's I usually do it with stuffed peppers too so it's not just the one recipe.

>bone app the teeth.
the most American thing I've ever seen

Pork loin, baby carrots, potatoes, salt, and pepper. Simple but hearty. You can optionally include tomato which I think makes the taste better.

I know these guys get shilled once a week, but I followed a Buff Dudes recipe that I like better than just baking chicken in the oven.

2lbs Frozen Chicken Tenderloins
1 can of Salsa
Low temperature for 5 hours.

Store it in Tupperware. Good to go.

newfag

I have some rabbit pot pie prepped up and in the fridge to start cooking in the morning.

1 Fryer Rabbit - dressed, deboned, cut into strips
small bag carrots, cut
2 celery stalks, cut
10 red taters cubed
1.25 quart roux based cream sauce
frozen mixed veg (peas green beans corn)
garlic, salt, pepper, chicken bouillon, add herbs if you want

Mix everything together except for frozen veg and cook on low for 5 hours.

mix in frozen veg and cook for another hour

Serve on biscuits. Tell everyone who tries it that it's "chicken pot pie"

>Also a good rule of thumb for a slow cooker is every time you open the lid you are increasing the cook time by 40 minutes.

Why does my shit ever finish cooking then?