Am I doing the squat wrong if I feel 90% of it in my hip flexors?

Am I doing the squat wrong if I feel 90% of it in my hip flexors?
I do high bar with a fairly wide stance, toes pointed 50% from the wall, I find if my toes are too narrow it hurts my knees a lot

Wow you gonna enter overall waistband snap city bretty soon

Care to elaborate?

Poor glute activation

this

>Feeling sensation predominantly in the hips

Doing it wrong. High bar squats should be felt in the quads with much less glute and hip activation. Get someone to help with form before you take a trip to snap city.

Big guy at gym told me my form was perfect for some reason

I have exactly the same problem,it comes from a lack of flexibility/poor glute activation as someone already said.

It will start to hurt as you increase the weight and you will feel your hip flexors pumped as fuck in a bad way and when you touch them you will feel your blood flow and you heart pumping.

Find some flexibility programs bro,I still have that problem,but it was getting better after I started doing a flexibility drill from time to time,search on youtube flexibility for martial arts cant remember the name

Ok thank you for actually helping

find Elliot hulse's video on hip pain squatting, he give 3 stretches that help this pain. Also press off your heels, you'll probably need to drop the weight. And make sure you control your descent!

Who /perfectlysymmetric/ here?

Yes, learn to actively push your knees out.

Look at weightlifters, they exaggerate the movement a bit, but I think it's a good way to understand the pattern.

yeh lifting 0kg across all lifts is really /symetric/ #mirin

That would be subpar

Chad mode.

how do I highbar with small traps?

Just do high bar??????

Chad doesn't gymcel you fucking retard

the bar sinks into my traps and it hurts as hell. low bar I have no problem cause the muscles there are bigger

28 y/o
88kg

All for 3 RM
D/L - 155kg
SQ - 130kg
BP - 115kg
OHP - 60kg

Weighted pullups - 25kg - 5x5

Pretty happy. Slowly but surely.

You'll get used to the pain. And so long as you keep the bar balanced and your shoulders squared you can't really hurt yourself squatting under 3pl8. You will get black marks on your shoulders from the iron, that's natural.

Eventually your traps will also grow and you'll be looking down on the plebs that use those foam covers on the bar when they don't even squat 2pl8.

your stance is probably too wide

>rear delts
>not chest and front delts galore from benching

Weight isn't the problem, recently dropped from 190 to 115 to fix depth issues.

>you'll be looking down on the plebs that use those foam covers on the bar
I already do, I'm the only guy in my gym who free squats, though it might be that no one uses it because I'm there all the time.
is it normal to feel pain near the adductors on the squat? I only feel on one side too, an it was much worse when I first started it, and it lasted for days and I felt a pop on hip socket, now is just during the squat.

You're probably trying to protect your knees by not activating your quads at all.