>Wrists mobility

Foundation Handstand One

>Bicep Tendon Prep

www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaH_HUMooyM

>Scooby teaches you how to do a pull Up

www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRznU6pzez0

>How to make parallettes out of PVC

library.crossfit.com/free/pdf/13_03_Parallettes.pdf

>Foundation series (4 books + 2 Handstand + Rings)

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:39d3d785f7c6df583af2fa846646a74b3d256cac&dn=Coach Christopher Sommer Mastering Gymnastic Strength Training 2014&tr=udp://tracker.coppersurfer.tk:6969/announce&tr=udp://tracker.leechers-paradise.org:6969/announce&tr=udp://tracker.mg64.net:6969/announce&tr=udp://tracker.opentrackr.org:1337/announce&tr=udp://tracker.sktorrent.net:6969/announce

>Overcoming gravity (v1)

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:ad0739445c9cc5177e2b48c6f216521e8c8ddff4&dn=Overcoming+Gravity+%28gnv64%29&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fzer0day.ch%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fpublic.popcorn-tracker.org%3A6969

>Starting Stretching: phraktured.net/starting-stretching.html

Other urls found in this thread:

halhigdon.com/training/51130/Half-Marathon-Training-Guide
myprotein.com/sports-nutrition/protein-cookie/10530674.html
youtube.com/watch?v=3EOG8ts8nOc
reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/1c78r4/strength_size_and_the_truth_about_rep_ranges/?st=j3v3w0kh&sh=d1cf6122
youtube.com/watch?v=VpobvFPR6hQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Left side is the exercise, right side is the mobility for that exercise, you do mobility after each set

FSAS - Fundamental Straight Arm Strength
FBAS - Fundamental Bent Arm Strength
FLS - Fundamental Leg Strength

the numbers like 5x60s means mastery for the movement, in this case you look at 60s/60rep template and follow that progression, once you hit mastery (can do 5x60s) you move to the next level

for negative movements, 5x5x10s means you descend for 10s each rep

>SL
SL progression seems to be different from PDF's

Foundation gives 3 routines:
>AxBxAxx
>ABxABxx
>ABABAxx
A: FL, sPL, HBP, RC
B: MN, SL, SLS

>Stretching

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:4BCCD448B44C4B8233A2E9BD7388246306C47B3D&dn=Middle%20Split
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:48E4BFE7D564ABB65DF2D4408EDC2A271F860D77&dn=Bridge
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:D69E1D9C667B31244307E6E4FDD9E487EEC3AF48&dn=Front%20Split
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:07C5D57728C3D73B0C982063330C49729E9AF1E6&dn=Shoulder

Apparently this here chap finishes EVERY SINGLE WORKOUT with a 5 minutes dead hang upside down on gymnastic rings

how long should i be able to dead hang to achieve this?

>smoked 20 years
>just quit a week ago
>getting into basic bodyweight
>can't run 1/4 mile without gasping
what's the fastest way to get to half-marathon status?

i'm committed as shit. i just don't want to spend time doing shit like C25k if there's some shit like HIIT works a billion times better.

I know this is more of a "running" question, but cardio hampers pretty much any bodyweight exercise i do (for instance, I literally run out of breath before my legs get tired doing squats/pushups/etc.)

you don't HAVE to run to do cardio, you know?

halhigdon.com/training/51130/Half-Marathon-Training-Guide

I'm a complete noob to working out, can anyone give me a quick rundown on the benefits of bodyweight training vs standard weight training? I want to make a bodyweight exercise plan but I'm concerned about optimization.

you can cripple yourself for life with weights, at worst you will tear ligament/dislocate a join/break a bone with bw

Makes sense, so what routine and scaling plan would you recommend for a newbie? I dont mind just general areas of the body that need to be worked out, just a direction to head in.

weights are more efficient for building mass and getting strong in general, not to say that bodyweight doesn't build mass or get you strong but it takes longer because you have to work to higher volumes or advanced progressions and are limited by stuff like tendon and grip strength.
other than that though its really enjoyable, at least in my opinion, working on shit like different pullup variantions and planche/lever work.
Also not having to go to a gym is nice

Foundation, torrent in OP or first reply. BW takes a lont time to get 'looks' compared to weightlifting

I dont mind "looks" I just want my body to be strong and efficient. Thanks m8

Road ahead is long, user, I started Foundation from nothing, I thought inclined push ups were a joke, so I tried to do mastery of 5x15, first set I did 12, decided to start from scratch.

The big plus with Foundation progression, each week you do more and more, so you know you are progressing aka getting stronger. It's not perfect program, mind you.

I am curious how far have you advanced, OP, with the foundation and the barbells and all that shit?
Btw I know you put the stretching magnets not long ago. But do you actually do them? I noticed the thoracic bridge stretching is a killer, but they all feel really good.
t. not the guy you are responding to

Some time ago this pic was posted here and somebody said that her form was shit. I didn't make much of it, but remember that other anons agreed. Now on second glance I don't see anything wrong with her form. ???

>tfw skinnyfat as fuck and trying to do push-ups
My upper pectoral muscles are so goddamn sore after doing only 10 it's retarded.

Do knee pushups until you're comfortable doing actual pushups.

the guy can do 10 normal push ups and you are telling him to do knee push ups. Nice.

He obviously has endurance problems. Doing knee pushups would help him build endurance.

eh, I wanted to stretch, but after my workouts I am so beat, started some light cardio and middle split stretching on wednesdays (last week was my first session)

As for my advancements, started with Foundation lvl 1, am at lvl 4 atm, but each level took my almost twice as long, getting flu and snapping my shit, getting lazy sometimes, etc. lvl 4 manna and up requires bar to hang from, so I skipped all the way to half L sits on Pbars, which I count towards SPL progression of lvl 4, FL and HBP doing by program. If you are interested in my weights, currently my bar is at 87kg and my dumbbell at 27.5kg, doing 15rep progression with rows and curls, I still look exactly the same as I did when I started (relaxed) when I flex I can see the difference.

legs too high from ground, chin is not neutral (should be looking at the ceiling)

correct your form, I bet you flare your elbows

What is your bodyweight?

192cm/90 kgs or 6'3"/200lbs (fluctuates, but never more than 200lbs/90kg, 88kg/195lbs last time I checked)

After my workouts I am too hungry. I do the stretching later. Middle split was horrendous the first time I tried it. Huge improvement the second time. But the pancakes still sucked. And holy shit you don't have a pull up bar.

you can do cool shit like human flag using bodyweight progression.
you can't do that stuff just by lifting weights

I work out 2-3h after I eat dinner and I eat a protein cookie afterwards myprotein.com/sports-nutrition/protein-cookie/10530674.html (with oats and raisin)

the middle split torrent has like what, 27 videos? I used this long time ago youtube.com/watch?v=3EOG8ts8nOc

I do shorter version currently. Getting a split takes a shit long of time, word of advice, make sure you are stretching the muscle not the connective tissue.

fuck me i'm new. Is this routine good?

i'm just starting to work out, went to the gym for 3 months with a personal trainer (only did one month of compound movements) and now i don't have time to go so i'm doing the r/bodyweightfitness recommended routine. Should i do something else?

no idea, I chose Foundation myself, I want to achieve that SPL+FL+Manna+HBP desu

you don't have time for gym but have time to work out at home for the same amount of time?

the gym is far away and it's Always fully packed with minimal equipment that is Always hoarded up, fucks with my rest times. I'm also moving next month so for these months i decided to take it easy and just do bodyweight training at the park. Next september i'll be back in the gym.

why do you think BW is easy?

Dunno, compound lifts scare the fuck out of me, seems that if you don't do them with perfect form you'll fuck yourself up, everyone in my gym is sporting scars at the joints and all sorts of bandages. Meanwhile BW seems rather straightforward, just pushups, pull ups and some skill work and you're good to go. Only thing i am being careful with is dips because i heard that they can fuck up your shoulders but that's it.

Sorry for the total ignorant question, but is a planned diet necessary to build muscle with bodyweight?
Also I'm vegetarian if that changes anything

absolutely fucking yes, and being vegetarians shouldn't be a problem.

Damn
What's an example of one such diet?
To clarify I don't think I have an unbalanced diet, it's just that I'm a lazy shit

True about compounds, you will hit a wall soon if you only do low skill level stuff like pull ups and push ups, unless you start adding weight to them, dips are bad if you flare your elbows.

getting protein is most important for building muscle, there are whey alternatives for vegans made from soy

you're asking a dude that started lifting three months ago, i don't know jackshit. Anyways i would suggest carbs in the morning, fats in the evening and proteins throughout the day. Oats and frozen berries for breakfast, brown rice, lentils and beans for lunch and eggs? and cheese for dinner, with nuts and seeds for snacks troughout the day like almonds and flax seeds (very rich in omega 3 if you don't eat fish). An apple with some yogurt half an hour before your workout , some vegetarian protein powder (i think whey is vegetarian, either shaken with milk or water), fruits veggies and salads, some cheap multivitamin and you're good to go. Drink plenty of water, make sure you're above a certain amount of calories, and don't fucking obsess yourself with a diet, you can still eat ice cream, sweets and other stuff as long as you keep it moderate.

i'm doing this routine , that's why i asked if it was any good.

already said what I think about the routine If you don't plan to add weights, one hand muscle up is the most resistance you can put on your triceps/biceps, therefor is you don't care about skillwork, you can arrive to pull ups and dips then start adding weight to them

i'm still at the beginning, i can barely do 10 pullups, once they get easy i'll move on to some other routine. Thanks dude

Someone have any experience with Lafay Methode? It might be an old methode but i'm 4 months in and my performances evolved pretty well.
I'll start the diet back home

I've reached SE4 in all of the handstand foundation wrist exercises.

What am I supposed to do now? Repeat the SE4 with weeks 9-12 every time, or stop doing them and just proceed with the handstand progression?

I plan to do week 11x3 then week 12 and repeat, after I am done with skill work progression, so I would guess it's the same for you.

You practice wrist progressions after the handstand one?
I prefer to do it the other way around. I arrive at the handstand phase with a very warmed-up wrist.
About doing 11x3-12 I guess it might be an option, they're easy enough. But I'd rather go 9-12 just to be sure to avoid overload.

I don't train handstand, was talking about Foundation in general.

Is using a door for pull ups ok in terms of exercise form or will I fuck my shit up?

sounds fucked up. just leave your house and spend 5 minutes looking for somewhere to do them.

I feel lazy but I'll be doing mm & ss now.

Brahs i have a problem, my vision gets blured when doing pullups. Blur sticks few secs after i stop doing them and this only happens when doing pullups, dips, pushups etc are al fine. Whats happening?

autist here
i hate any kinds of routines but i want to be strong and agile
was thinking on picking up either some movement related martial art like bjj or capoeira, some dancing, rock climbing, parkour or something like that
any recommendations on above or something else ?

Are you a beginner? Can you do cardio?
Sounds like circulatory issues, you should consider getting checked out by a doctor if that's a regular thing.

I do intensive cycling to the place where i workout. It doesnt always happen but when it does its only during pullups.

I'm interested in starting the Recommended Routine on /r/bodyweightfitness. The thing is, my main goal is Hypertrophy.
I'm a 131lbs 5'11 skelly, I just want to know which routine is the best for hypertrophy, if you guys could recommend me one. Also, do I need to eat more calories if I had running to the workout? Thanks

Since you're skelly you probably want to gain more weight, which means you need to be in a caloric surpluss.

Check how much calories you need at maintenance and add a bit to that until you gain weight.

Obviously you burn more calories if you do running and working out.

Rec routine is totally fine since it's progession exercises once you can do a set amount of reps in PROPER FORM, yes PROPER FORM you should jump to the next diffcult exercise.

Otherwise you are most likely to risk injuries.

Pure hypertrophy, work towards weighted chins and dips. Also eat.

Where are you supposed to feel single leg hip hinges? I'm pretty sure I'm doing them wrong because they feel too easy.

hamstring of the leg on the ground. Bottom of your feet if you have no balance. Make sure youre keeping your hips straight and in line

if theyre too easy do em with a dumbbell or some shit

Thanks, one more question, how exactly are you supposed to come up from the down position? Is there any back movement at all? I sometimes feel it on my lower back when I come up

I've done bjj and taekwomdo. Both are really good but they are also completely different. What are you trying to do? Just move? Then anything will do the job.

Ive always seen them referred to as single leg deadlifts so think similar motion of a deadlift, but one leg. Flex your leg at the bottom, hinge your hips forward and move your torso up.
In regard to feeling it in your back, you do use your core to stabalize on the way up and down

Tell me about weighted ring dips. Bought a dip belt and I'm wondering if I'll get snapped doing them.

if you're already comfortable with doing unweighted ring dips and work up the weight you're adding, they're gr8

Only at 5 ring dips atm (Gained a good amount of weight recently) but once I can do 10-12 I'll add weight each week.

Guys i have no bench no transportation and just a crappy pullup bar and 2 20 pound dumb bells maybe 2 10s
weak and tired of it what do

Im also poor so getting a weight set is out of the question right now i know its a must but i just need to get into exercising at all right now is there anything i can do without getting assymetrical/hurting myself/flailing like a retard with my limited gear?

this is going to sound very homo but
what type of exercise is best for antiaging?

you can throw something together like
pullups (hold dumbbell between your feet when unweighted pullups get easy)
pushups (normal, diamond, decline, pppu)
single leg squats ((bulgarian split squats, pistol squats, shrimp squats) do them weighted when they get easy)
hanging leg raises
planks, superman holds
other dumbell work (curls, ohp, ect)

you'll plateau after a bit since you don't really have heavy dumbbells, but something like this can get you started

cardio+good diet+lots of sleep+just work out

what do i do once i plateau assuming im still too poor?
keep it up til i can get better stuff? or does it turn into endurance training then? i wont lose anything will i

you can keep upping volume, which is mostly endurance, but it'll still build muscle

you can work towards more advanced bodyweight movements like one arm pullups, planches, levers, hanstandpushups, hollowbody press, ect. there some rescources in the op like foundation which is essentially a road map to achieving some of these things.

or you can get a dip belt and just go for heavy weighted pullups and dips. or just hit the gym

depends on which ones you will get, the ones between frames doesn't look like the best choice
k
if you want to be strong and agile, every MA should have some form of strength training, karate would be my recommendation, mma gym is also a good choice
like said, work towards pull ups and dips (elbows by your sides) then add weight, for hypertrophy rep ranges, read this reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/1c78r4/strength_size_and_the_truth_about_rep_ranges/?st=j3v3w0kh&sh=d1cf6122
can you do muscle ups? I mean, is there room for them? it can take you a LONG ass time to get to one arm muscle up, afterwards I am positive you can grab a backpack and put
rocks in it for weight

Maybe check if there is any parks nearby?
You could run/bicycle there if you don't have a car.

For dips you could improvise and work with two tables or something like that.

Otherwise save money buy some rings to hang from your pull up bar and get a dip bar and you're pretty much set.
These two don't cost a fortune.

stop russianposting, its depressing me to no end to see some 14 yo slav lads doing 1 finger muscleups, 0 finger planches, levitating over the ground etc

I've seen dudes that only do weightlifting do human flags.
BUT those were dudes that spent ~10 years at the gym and they developed lots of muscle with accessories, cables and whatever the fuck.

yo OP did you know about this youtube.com/watch?v=VpobvFPR6hQ

maybe you can add it to other linnks

If you lift weights and practice the human flag you will be able to get it, but no one gets a human flag on their first try just form their strength

looks useful but DAMN so fucking gay

guys how do i do cardio if i cant run for 10 minutes without sharp pains in my sides

run slower and breathe through the belly. Or google other cardio options.
It is generally accepted that you first train your endurance - running longer distances at a slow pace and after you get comfortable at this, you can work on increasing the tempo. If you are just starting out it's totally okay if your running speed is just slightly faster than your normal walking speed ( power walking speed but don't actually power walk- run)

While I was training with rings at the park today a homeless guy mired me(the area is known for homeless people) I even let him use my rings after we talked for a bit.

>getting hobo aids on your rings
Good on you for talking to the guy anyway. I don't mind most homeless, crustpunks are fucking faggots though.

Is pic related a good book/routine to start bwf with?

The book focuses on 8 exercises:
>Hip Thrust
>Pushup
>Deep Squat
>Row
>Hip Hinge
>Handstand Pushup
>Single-leg Squat
>Pull-up

For each there are 5 levels of progression with 3 "micro-progressions" within each level.

e.g for push-ups it goes from: plank to push up to single-arm assisted pushup (archer pushups) to single-arm push-up to plyometric pushup. And for each level, the micro-progressions might be something like increasing/decreasing leverage by putting your feet/hands on a bench, increasing stability. by widening gap between hands etc.

You're supposed to do 3 sets of 10 reps, with 15 second breaks between each exercise and a minute per exercise, 3 times a week. I like it because its only about a half-hour long, but none of the links in OP seem to mention it.

Wondering if it's just unknown or something else.

sounds garbage
your work out time depends solely on your stamina

I think you're supposed to match the difficulty of the exercise so that you can do 10 reps within 1 minute. So if it's too easy (i.e you can do it in less time) you move on to the next progression; too hard and vice versa.

>match the difficulty of the exercise
and how would a beginner judge the difficulty?

There's a better book like this called "You Are Your Own Gym"

If I can do 10 reps for 2 minutes what happens?

I think you just start at the lowest progression (or "level", of which there are 5). Let's assume this the first time you're doing it, then, if you can do 10 reps in less than a minute on the first set, move up to the next progression. Keep going until you can't do 10 reps in a minute, at that point either go back a step or two using a "microprogession" (same exercise but less leverage/more stability etc.) or if you still can't do it in a minute, go back to the last level and go up a microprogession or two.

Then after 1-2 sessions you'll have a good idea of your starting point and can go from there. At least, that's what I understood after reading the book.
I've read this one too, and it's quite good, but it felt more encyclopedic than instructional.

If you mean it takes you 2 minutes to do 10 reps, then you just go back one level/microprogression until you can do 10 in one minute.

Note that what I posted is the default beginner's routine. There are other routines that focus on strength, endurance etc. which change the number of reps/time

>I think
>10 reps in less than a minute
like I said, garbage, you need to have a steady repping speed, or now it's like you bang out 8 reps in 16seconds, then rest for 30seconds and do two more

I suppose you could do that, but that seems contrary to the whole point, which is to do the exercise in good form and try to progress to the next level. You can't do that if you actively try to "fill the time" by resting (and you're not allowed to rest while you're doing your reps--I believe this is true of any routine)

Maybe I'm not explaining it properly, but you *are* supposed to have a steady repping speed. The idea is to constrain yourself to 1 minute and 10 reps and try do to the most difficult exercise you can, in good form and steady reps, given those constraints.

He was just a 54 year old man. Seemed a little bit crazy, but nothing too bad. He was actually really strong as well.

So I'm like a bit under two months into this program again after many interruptions, making some more gradual strength gains. I'm doing a 'clean bulk', as I find it to also be easier to get your daily calories that way. I'm always paranoid about stuff so I wanted to ask what is the absolute longest time you could reasonably expect lean mass to start showing in? I know weightlifting is supposed to be faster but how pronounced can that time disparity be with someone who has everything in check?

No idea, I eat at maintenance after I dirty bulked to my goal weight. I like to believe I am gradually losing bodyfat.