Brosplits: a meme

Are Brosplits actually bad or is it just a meme, and can somebody suggest me a good Push/Pull Regime for Natty lifters

Bro splits are pointless unless you're riding the bike

>recommend a good push/pull regime
that's the regime, push and pull, what the fuck else do you need

Pull stuff one day and push stuff the next

There is no point me telling you what to do, because you will not listen.

Here's my advice ; Try everything, and see what works for you.

I have been lifting for 6 (SIX) years and this is what I found for me.

1. Brosplit (every weekday) is shit
2. PPLxPPL is shit
3. PPLxUL is shit
4. ULxULxUL is shit
5. ULxULxx is eh
6. Full body 3 x is great
7. Full body 2 x is almost as good as 3

That said, FB 2-3 times per week is what I found works best for me for SIZE/STRENGTH/AESTHETICS.

DONT LISTEN TO ME , YOU WONT ANYWAY< JUST TRY ALL THE ROUTINES YOURSELF AND YOULL FIGURE IT OUT IN TIME.

Can you suggest me a Full body workout?

>ULxULxUL
I can imagine it's shit trying to fit eight days in a week and skipping a rest day. ULxUL is the best because it allows you to go heavier on your compound lifts without succumbing to fatigue.

I'm bike 8-16h a week, I do PPxPPx, including legs every third or fourth day, currently that works well for me, since I lift early and later at the day

Ant decent FB for 3x week programs out there tho? I wanna have a look at it

The Texas Method is FB3x and Beyond 5/3/1 has some good FB and UL variations.

AxBxCxx
Cardio on rest days, I like having Saturday and Sunday as a rest day.

Also ib4 >no OHP.
Add it if you want but it's not needed and most people have bad form Deffinatly beginners

Ill give this a go,

Thanks

>1. Brosplit (every weekday) is shit
B-but I like going to the gym everyday, lifting is all I have

This is fucking retarded. High reps means low weight but then they have so few sets per exercise that you have low weight and low total volume. This is all over the fucking place, did you just write a bunch of exercises on paper and draw them out of a hat? Why the fuck are you doing dumbbell bench instead of bench? Why the fuck are you doing curls and rows? Why the fuck do you need to do dumbbell curls one day and EZ bar curls another? Why are you doing standing tricep extensions one day and skullcrushers the next? Why are you doing isolation on quads and hamstrings when squats target them both simultaneously?

Fuck this nonsense.

You're a retard

Fucking elaborate. Please, explain to my retarded ass how recommending doing 30 sets of random lightweight shit is in any way good. It's even worse than that Veeky Forums greyskull variation people keep getting tricked into doing.

Not that poster, but having diversity of exercises prevents imbalances, injuries (to some extent), and loss of interest.

Looks horseshit

Then why doesn't it just say "Bicep curl variation" and "Tricep extension variation"? It would confuse a beginner to say shit like "do this kind of curl on monday, and this kind of curl on wednesday". Also, leg extensions and leg curls are not a substitute for squats as they do something similar just far worse, so doing them in place of squats so you don't get bored is retarded. Why the fuck don't you blindfold yourself while driving to mix up your morning commute, too? And honestly, if you have to do some lame fucking machine isolation work because you're too bored to do actually effective lifts then you aren't the kind of person that would make any progress lifting anyway.

I think it's much more confusing to a beginner to say "do a triceps extension variation" than saying "do skullcrushers".

I agree with your opinion on leg extensions and leg curls. I would rather change those to Step-Ups and Lunges.

>Here's my advice ; Try everything, and see what works for you.
wow decent advice for once

I've tried full body, and splits and gone to the gym 3 times and 7 times a week
in the end I made my own split focusing on what was lagging and what I enjoy and I go 3 days a week, more if I feel like doing whatever

>I think it's much more confusing to a beginner to say "do a triceps extension variation" than saying "do skullcrushers".
I disagree. When it comes to isolation work as opposed to heavy compounds, the different lifts are effectively interchangeable and come down to personal preference. You might be more comfortable doing tricep cable pulldowns as opposed to skullcrushers or vice versa, and as such you should make it clear that doing one over the other isn't going to make or break your gains.

Saying you have to do dumbbell curls day one but dumbbell hammer curls day two is going to fuck with new people. One of the most confusing thing to someone starting is knowing what weights to start with and how they should handle progression, and telling them they have to overcomplicate this problem by buttfucking in different variations that may be more or less easy for them (meaning they would use different weight for the different variations on the same fucking lift) is going to turn them off completely.

I believe he has it done that way so it's only one main compound movement a day and than accessories so it's not to much for a beginner.

t. SS victim
Not everyone is a beginner in the gym you idiot. This guy is lifting for 6 years ffs.
Also, Rip himself says that it's your 5x5 that drives progress on your main lifts. Just because he doesn't test his 5RM or 1RM doesn't mean he's not making progress. And small assistance exercises are small assistance exercises. They exist just to add some extra volume fun and progress in them is not one's training goal.
This guy just does the exercises he likes, gets his volume in, makes progress and shared his routine with someone who asked. What's the fucking problem? If you have in mind a better routine that in your opinion is more suitable for the person who asked, please share it with us and stop non constructive criticism.

5x5 for compound lifts and 4X10 for accessories seems pretty normal m8.
What volume do you recommend senpai

Assistance work has it's place but it needs to be done correctly, genius. Volume isn't the only factor at play. 4-6 reps is the rep range for strength, 8 to 12 for hypertrophy. Hypertrophy means higher total tonnage at lower intensity.

According to my lift max calculator, someone doing a lift with 100 pounds for 5 reps would be at a 1 rep max of 117 pounds. However, in order to reach a similar max with a higher amount of reps, the weight would need to be lowered for 80 pounds for the lift. The weight is lowered so significantly that you can't expect strength gains, but because there aren't enough total reps across all sets the tonnage isn't high enough for hypertrophy. You're effectively doing maintenance work at that point.

Not everyone is Rich Piana and can get away with that "train instinctively, do whatever you feel like doing that day" type shit.

It depends on whether I'm trying to build mass in an area or trying to strengthen a weak point in a lift. Strength, I'd say 5x6 at anywhere from 65 to 75 percent of 1RM with ample breaks in between. Mass, 5x12.

So you're basically saying that with a couple more sets in assistance exercises it would be perfect?

Well I think the actual exercise choices aren't very good, and if you're sharing programming you should specify percentages, rest periods, supersets, etc. So no, it wouldn't be perfect, it would just be better. And again, those percentages and reps would vary based on the individual lifter's goal.

There is no one-size-fits-all program, every popular program out there has numerous variations both official and unofficial to cater to individual needs, and even then go through some modifications by the individuals themselves.

should post body with this, this routine looks like some hot garbage

Make me a full body routine with end goal being ryan goslings muscle mass.

>183cm 82kgs

>do my programming for me, for free, right now
Jesus dude, get a grip, read a book, figure it out for yourself. I'm not your fucking trainer.

push day
>squat
>bench
>press

pull day
>deadlift
>row
>pullup

Well you sure as fuck act like one faggot

>hey dude do all my homework for me that requires a shitload of information you don't have
>No
>wow you're a fag

Fuck off, child. If you can't figure this shit out for yourself you're too stupid to train. You'd probably decapitate yourself with a barbell.

Post your dick you cunt.
It all comes down to who has the bigger one, now fucking do it unless you're a faggot

Fuck you bitch I don't want to see your dick unless it's feminine.

Fucking loser, I swear to god I'd suck your dick so hard you'd lose your fucking protein

Try me faggot I've been death gripping for over a decade.

Damn senpai seriously?
Forget the fucking routine and the shit talk, sorry m8

Yeah... it's not a good situation. I last a while during sex, though, so I guess it's not all bad.

Brosplits are fine.
What is not fine is the exercise and rep range selection that you usually see people choose.

For example a good choice would be
>5x5 Bench on chest day
>5x5 OHP on shoulder day
>5x5 CGBP on arm day
with some mild accessories

A bad choice is that you normally see, where someone is doing 6 different chest exercises, for 3 sets of 15-50 reps each.
They'll use light weight and rest only 90 seconds between sets.
What they are doing is cardio.

At least I always have you guys.

>bench pressing every single day

Good bye rotator cuff, we hardly knew ye

What's your guys opinion on Arnold's golden 6 for a begginer.
You do it 3 times per week on alternating days
Squat 4x10
Bench 3x10
Chin up 3x failure
OHP 3x10
Barbell curl 3x10
Bent knee sit up 3-4x failure

Add weight when you can get 2-3 more reps

More sets. Add deadlifts in there somewhere. Probably should do bench and OHP on separate days so you can train harder on them. Throw some barbell rows in there so you can get rear delt and upper back in there, maybe alternate it with your chin ups.

Also, you know there are hundreds of programs with Arnold's name in it that he didn't write.

>4-6 reps is the rep range for strength, 8 to 12 for hypertrophy
You are very stupid, sorry. Pls don't post here anymore

Thanks, yeah I understand that and also realize he was enhanced and had amazing genetics.
But he actually did do this routine in the early years