>tfw fell for the pull up meme

>a thread died for this

Chin ups are better m8.

Pull up is a really unnatural movement.

never post on my board again faggot

>hanging off cliff in chinup grip

why are pullups a meme?

ffs more dumbass reddit tourists

They should just be an addition to your rows not more important.
They are just massively overvalued because muh functional strength like

how am i supposed to be redpilled if only Veeky Forums fags are having an informational circlejerk?

ah k that makes sense, i like pullups but i also do a lot of meadow rows and cable rows so guess im good? what about lat activation? are pullups/chinups not more effective than a horizontal row?

are you doing some sort of bastardized pull-ups? are you someone whose been lifting >1 year and cant add 20kg to his belt while doing pull-ups? because pull-ups builds back effectively you gigantic faggot

Naturally you wouldn't be hanging off a cliff, whether pull up or chin up, dumbfuck.

Unless you're one of those retarded tourists who take cliffhanger selfies.

NOTHING is a fucking MEME. People are misusing this word to make people self-conscious about their lifting habits.

>Pullups are not a meme
>SS is not a meme
>GOMAD is not a meme
>Nothing is a meme

Don't let anybody tell you that something you do or want to do is wrong aslong as it suits to what you want to achieve.

>t. someone who rack pulls with a snatch grip at knee level just for the sake of it
meme

>rack pulls with a snatch grip
how big are your traps?

I started to tear up when I saw your question, because they are non-existant. Tbh, I just started doing them yesterday anyway. But they're hurting like fuck on my traps right now.

>nothing is a meme is a meme

>Tbh, I just started doing them yesterday anyway. But they're hurting like fuck on my traps right now
>Don't let anybody tell you that something you do or want to do is wrong
>NOTHING is a fucking MEME
>>t. someone who rack pulls with a snatch grip at knee level

just keep doing them

This. Veeky Forums discussion is so stagnant that fucking with everyone is the only thing left to do.

>tfw you fell because you couldn't hold on with your delicious juicy lats that you gained from pull ups

actually SS is a meme. How dense do you have to be to comprehend that?

how's your ppl going?

>Rack pulls from knee level
Don't give advice to anyone on this board anymore.

It's not, actually. It was designed for people to learn the compound lifts and proper form while building a decent strenght base. You should just go and lift instead of lurking Veeky Forums and rehearsing Veeky Forums-phrases.

>naturally you wouldn't be hanging off a cliff

Found the guy who only lifts (if that) as a "hobby."

Where should i rack pull from then?

what about lats
mfw this nigga told me to do zercher deadlifts
mfw i cannt even get into position for zercher deadlift without blocks

of course it works, any type of program works. But only male to t-rex trannies should use it

>implying rack pulls are not a god-tier exercise

>fell for the nothing is a meme meme

ss as a program doesnt teach shit

people do the program with garbage form, because they cant be bothered to fix it or ask someone competent and snap their shit up or dont do accessories

and no, watching "rippetoe shows how to squat twice" is not enough to have good squat form

with that being said, its not a bad program per se, just done badly more often than not

>did chinups yesterday
>try how much i can do weighted
>do one grind rep and veeeery slow negative
>core sore as fuck

the fuck

Optimum should be just below knees to mid-shin level for rack pulls. However depth entirely depends on what you want to archieve. I just enjoy rack pulls from knee to just below knee level and wide grip is also something I wanted to try out.

Just experiment and look what you enjoy most and have most progress with.
Lats are over-developed in comparison with upper back. Used to do heavy rowing and nowadays do alot of weighted pullups.

I need the story of that gif, RIGHT NOW, motherfucka.

t. skinnyfat brosplitter

got me

Blocks

>you can have gainz ONLY if you follow Starting Strenght™ program and drink Gallon of Milk a Day™
fuck off rippetiddies

I didn't say that. I said you have none.

>pull ups
>not one of the best mass building exercises

you are either too fat to do them or are 60kg

>durr what's bouldering