How much do you rest between sets fitbros?

How much do you rest between sets fitbros?
~3.5 minutes here

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=JmOEgK5o2yg
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26605807
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19691365
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

~45-60 seconds on most exercises. 2-3 minues for deadlifts and squats.

3-4 for heavy compounds
1-3 for accesories

2-3 compounds
1-2 accesories

on 5x5, 3 minutes
on 3x12, 30~45 seconds
on supersets/alternated paired sets/antagonist sets, the amount I'd rest on the single exercise, halved.
on compound sets, 75% of the amount I'd rest on the single exercise.
on 3x18, 15 seconds
on 4x8, 2 minutes

compounds are more in the 5x5 range
isolation are more in the 3x12 or 3x18 range

1-3 minutes usually. If I know I'll get the next set if I just rest a bit more I'll bump it up to 5 minutes max.

>3.5 minutes
>rest time
It takes me maybe 3.5 minutes to do 3 sets of 10 in any lift
You shouldn't need more than 30 seconds to rest your heart rate and be able to go again

Thats not how strength works pal

Thats endurance

5-7 minutes and I'm not even lifting heavy. I think there's something wrong with me. I still feel really tired from each

Rest? fuck that shit.

You body needs to rest 48 hours between every set.
48 hours.

Compounds get 1-5 min before a set, then I just superset the accessory/isolation stuff. Saves time.

30 seconds. Sometimes super set with 30 sec jumprope between sets too.

do some cardio

You're lifting babby weight then

70% or greater of 1rm on compound lifts: 2-3.5 minutes
Less than 70% compounds: 30-90 seconds

Some accessories I wait a minute and others, like weighted pull ups, I leave a good 3+ minutes.

That's my general rule of thumb.

Between 1-5mins depending on the exercise.

>5min for 5rep OHP
>1min for 18rep Facepulls

Might be it yeah

This, if going for 1RM I can wait up to 5-6 minutes. Thats rare, though. Usually 3 and a half for compounds and 1-2 for accessory

Started doing giant sets or whatever they are called.
1x OHP straight to weighted pull ups 1x5 to one core exercise
rest 1 minute, repeat. You're not wasting time and OHP + pull up is a great combination anyways.

OHP + pull up
bench + row
squat/DL + box jumps or kettle bell swings

1-2 minute rest between giant sets

>30 seconds
>rest time
It takes me maybe 1 minute to do 3 sets of 10 in any lift
You shouldn't need more than 3 seconds to rest your heart rate and be able to go again

2 minutes

1 minute f9r accesspry

This has worked best for me, 2-3 minutes for 5x5/3x5 heavy lifts but accessories only need 1 minute rest maximum

>only two scoops
Never gonna make it

It depends. If it's just a volume set like 3x10, I'll usually do a minute, maybe a minute and a half.

If it's a big PR set I'll take as long as I need. 5+ minutes sometimes.

^ this.

OP here. reading the comments, most of you rest significantly less than me.
My question is, is it because you want to conserve time, or because it translates into better gains?
I'm a homelifter, so I don't mind the bigger rest, and I choose it, because It allows me to do more reps, than should I've chosen a rest life 1:30. (Even on isolation lifts)
Am I doing good, or sabotaging gains Veeky Forums?

Basically this.

If I do a super set, I'll rest 2 minutes.

Same

There comes a certain point at which resting does so little towards restoring your ability to lift heavier weights or for more reps, that it's more worth it to just do less work.

For example if I rest 7 mins between bench sets to preform 3x10 with 100lbs then I'll be benching for almost half an hour. On the other hand, I would likely be able to bench 3x10 with 97.5lbs with 5 mins rest, taking 10 mins less time. Then in those remaining 10 mins I could do tricep extensions till failure with 20lbs for two sets and make far better gains.

But that leaves ou the fact that about 3 mins of rest will usually render optimal amounts of work in a specified amount of time, if you're operating in the 5-15 rep range. Past 15 reps (for most people), you'll be training a small anount of musclar endurance instead of strength. In that case, endurance recovers faster than your ability to express strength, so you can (and should) cut down the rest time for higher reps. Sets with reps lower than 5 have opposite consequences.

For bodybuilding shit shorter rests are better

There's nothing wrong with long ass rests when strength training. 5x5 squats can take as long as an hour to me.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=JmOEgK5o2yg

2 minutes for squats? Take 5 minutes and use heavier weights and you'll make better gains

first of all check em
second it depends. sometimes i'll go after a minute of resting because i've got energy, other times i'm more tired. it goes without saying that compounds tire me more than isolation exercises and i'll rest about 2 minutes for compounds and maybe 30 seconds to a 1 minutes for isolation shit.

also it depends if i have to change the weights on the barbell, find equipment, or if i talk to other bros.

like i said it depends, do what feels good if you have the time and don't be autistic about it, in my experience it's better this way and you'll find that you won't lose time in between sets by listening to your body

1-2 for accessories and warmups
4-5 on the big 3 for working sets

2 min

about a minute on accesories, one radio song or about 3 minutes on compounds.

easily 3 minutes for working sets in the 5rm range. For weight above 95% 1RM, it's 5 minutes atleast. Only 1-1.5 minutes for high rep work

90 seconds are recommended for hypertrophy

At short as possible, but long enough to perform next set with good form. Usually 1-3 minute. 5 minute if you failed. 7 minute if you have to start again for some reason.

Sorry, off topic, but does anyone here have on hand the copypasta story about the user who went to the gym, asked a girl out, said he would take her home in his car, took her outside, and then just ran away and never went back to the gym because he didn't have a car?

90 seconds if it was easy, 3 min if hard, 5 min if for some reason I failed a set

>all deez fags resting for 30 seconds
You're losing all your gains
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26605807
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19691365
tl;dr longer rests = more hypertrophy and more strength gain

1.5 minutes

Depends on how hard is the next set going to be. 5-7 minutes for squats, 3-5 minutes for everything else with moderate-heavy weight and 2-3 minutes for easier loads.

No rest, superset everything

Between 1-5 minutes, just depends on how long I feel like I need. /homegym/ so Im never in any rush

30 seconds to a minute, granted i'm currently working on my strength but anything that would require more rest time usually breaks down my form

>18rep
might as well do cardio

Main compounds 4-5min, but I go max weight and then super-set it with 40% less weight

Around 2-3 min for compounds that I don't super-set.

1-2 minutes for accessories or cable stuff etc.

45sec for abs and calves

>3 seconds
> Rest time
It takes me maybe 3.5 pico seconds to do 3 sets of 10 in any lift
You shouldn't need more than 30 femto-seconds to rest your heart rate and be able to go again

90 seconds if the set felt easy, 3 minutes if it felt hard, 5 minutes if I failed the set.

Are you me?

Sets of what? I do calisthenics and rest 30-45s between each.

Does this apply to bodyweight exercises too or only to the powerlift stuff every memer in this board does?

How many times a week is it okay to bench press? Currently at every other day.

>>resting
>>not combining lifts to save time for double gains
>>Not OHP while squatting
>>Not benching while leg pressing
>>kegeling the whole time

Do you even tiny beetle like strides?

Nah not everyone is a fat powerlifter

Depends on the person. There really isnt a rule that says humans can only bench this often a week and still benefit.
Maybe your athletic, gifted with insane recovery, respond well to stimuli, have a big ribcage so have superior leverages and dont fuck up your shoulders as much. Then you can bench more often.
How the fuck are we supposed to know this, you dont even know about this yourself? Everyone is different, there is no be all, end all answer to these retarded questions

kek

Now that's what I call edgy!

half a song for light weight
1-1.5 songs for heavy weight

Same here

>fat fuck

This, holy fuck. Fuck taking an hour to do one sumo-style half-rom """HEAVY""" lift. Im athletic as all hell and i can bust out 2 or 3 compounds in an hour.

1:30 on compounds, 60s on isolations, 45s on abs

1.5 to 2.5 laps walking around the gym

3 to 5 minutes on compounds.
2 minutes on heavy accessories.
1 minute on light accessories.

Until I feel my heartbeat start to stabilise. I take my pulse.

SS advocates 3-5 min when going for 90% or higher of 1rm, so i take 5 minutes for compounds, 3 minuutes if i'm in a rush

I assume it would apply for everything

5 minutes for deadlifts
4 for squats
3 for other compounds
90 seconds for accessories

>resting in between sets instead of working another muscle group and rotating
>making it
choose one

How important is resting during sets?

Sometimes I'll only wait like 30 sec

90 seconds for main lifts
45-60 for accessories
Working on my conditioning and getting my work capacity better

Main lifts: 5 minutes
Accessories: 2-3 minutes

It depends how much time I have to workout. If I have a lot, I'll rest for 3-5 minutes while I catch up on a book. If I am pressed for time, I rest until I am feel OK to do the next set (~20-30 secs).

Its important for strength and muscle growth.
You need 3-5minute rest between sets so you can do maximal amount of reps pn each set. If you dont then you leave gains behind.

This guy didn't have a specified time to rest. He just went to the next set once he felt OK to do so. He does admit that his poundages suffered. However, 45min training sessions are a major plus when you have other shit to do.

He was also a, pioneer when it came to steroids. Its stupid to think that an elite BBer on copious amounts of steroids, and the one who had a leg up on everyone on steroid, is a good example of how you should train.

However long I feel like.

Exactly.
Bodybuilding/powerlifting/strength training/gym culture and athletes and the insistance on them being natural and them WORKING HARDER THEN YOU AND THATS WHY THEY ARE BIGGER AND FITTER THEN YOU has ruined many a young man's life.