/plg/ - Powerlifting General

Welcome to /PLG/ - Powerlifting General.

Primarily for the purpose of being a better shitposter on the platform.

Post PRs, routines, form checks, meet results, etc

>pastebin
pastebin.com/sNJAvbZ8

>dropbox
pastebin.com/RiXEg5L1

>dropbox mirror
www.powerliftinggeneral.com
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B0Vyec-yHY6DYmNiMkg1dlZIelU&usp=sharing

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nLVJTBZtiuw
youtube.com/watch?v=urZD9GYMCRc
youtube.com/watch?v=9iux8GmZ2Tg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Pity (you)

that means best way is to just squat in shorts + sleeves/wraps ...

Shorts are fine. Use sleeves if you want comfy squats and knee support. Use wraps if you want to start down the road of equipped lifting.

wow

wow

wow

how did he get to that

wow

also idiot

what abbout compression tights + knee warps on them

ultimate win

your logic btfoed

Someone give me a reason why I should alternate rows with weighted chins or is it just preference?

ok, now time to find shorts that are comfy and dont dig holes into the hip crease

Getting right knee pain in the hole when squatting. No idea what's causing it... tried different stances, more wide, etc.

Squatting 3x week 3x5 LP (not heavy..225 etc)
On off days doing kettlebell squats complexes as cardio

might be a glute thing
doing squats with a band cured mine

Do your knees sometimes cave in when you squat up?

sounds like you not using knees out cue

and you cured it by simply starting to use this cue to stretch band out

>heavy weight acclimation

I've switched to box squats and the pain seems less but it happened today again. Might try bands, thanks.

Nope, not at all

Not same user, but when working near the maximum, i can set my knees out well open and wide, but the right knee somehow caves in during the way up out of the hole.
Shoving it out doesnt help the fact that the knee tends to go in anyway.

how the hell do you fix that? it's annoying as shit and obviously related to heavy / uncomfortable weight.

are pause rep DLs a good DL accessory if i'm having trouble keeping my form together/rounding at the start?

Also you might swuat shallow and have to much tension on knee goin, show photo of you in hole

You gotta focus on driving your knees out. If it's a persistent problem it means your hip flexors are weak relative to the rest of your squatting muscles.

Using wl shoes? Sounds like right ankle pronation, your ankle moves and knee moves with it

fixing your shit setup and bent over rows is

funny thing is that this knee-caving thing inflames my hip flexor/TFL and have to ice it...

when i do lower weights, hence no caving in of knees, the TFLs are fine (just like explained in SS squat chapter).

squatting in chucks still.
never tried wl shoes before...

so you're saying that's not a technique/weight issue?

i feel like my setup is good though, i load my hamstrings and always start with my shoulders directly over the bar, but i have trouble with the first half of the movement

It can be beacuse of pronation, see if your feet moves during swuat in chucks its obvious as it often rises

Many of folks dont use wl shoes beacuse of heel but beacuse of hard sole and tight shoes overall which is what everybody needs

sounds like exact same problem i was having, not enough leg drive at the bottom

try improving your squat and see if it makes your diddly better off the floor

>see if your feet moves during swuat in chucks
i mean, it could be. i never noticed it because too many things to be focused on while pushing out of the hole. I can tell that the weight stays centered and doesnt go to the tip nor the heel at least.
about the foot moving sideways, no idea

>tfw you just want someone willing to pop your bacne

i think that should help, ill work on it next session

also i found that pulling the slack out of the bar by pulling my shoulders back helps quite a lot

Anything with a shorter inseam is good because they won't get caught on your knees, like 5-7in.

when I was actually training and getting stronger I was doing a very lot of pin squats, highbar and quad work on project momentum. my knee cave become much less as my legs became stronger and my movement a little more upright. if you think about it, your knees cave in, causing your hips to rise, putting more load on the back and posterior chain, right? Perhaps it is because those muscles are stronger for you, they certainly were for me given my propensity for roundish deadlifting and my own proportions.

also kind of focusing on flexing my calves and gripping the ground with my feet helped.

What happened, mister Quads?

youtube.com/watch?v=nLVJTBZtiuw

>the sport
>of
>powerlifting

>"""""Equipped""""" lifting

Now post some actual powerlifting

the dead must not speak

I was pretty busy with work and life, then I left my job and decided to do some traveling and lots of /out/ stuff. Not very conducive to lifting.

>power
>lifting

youtube.com/watch?v=urZD9GYMCRc

Sounds cool tho.

it has been quite enjoyable thus far. I spent may traveling through california, which was very nice.

right now I'm waiting for my passport to renew and then I'm gonna explore a bit of western canada.

Hope you snag pics and plan to share them some time. The nature on the western parts of USA and Canada is spectacular.

>balloon
>knot

Opt: supple, college aged, eager

I have a ton of pictures so far, I'll put them up eventually.

California was really amazing, the diversity of landscapes was fucking crazy. I've spent most of my life on the oregon coast, which is kind of a temperate climate, so getting to see the deserts of southern california and the sierras was mindblowing. Like, just driving for 200+ miles with a huge ass wall of mountains directly in view is awesome.

makes me wonder why so many californians leave their state.

>makes me wonder why so many californians leave their state

Because you're either living somewhere fucking expensive or a total shithole, with nothing in between.

>diversity of landscape
Ye, it's crazy how it's both a desert and a huge powder paradise in winter.

Put the pics in a cloud of sorts?
Man, maybe you should do the Pacific Crest Trail?

Fuck you candytoe, week 3 day 1 is just painful.

Its grueling to squat so heavy then do heavy as fuck deadlifts after.

>Never had elbow pain before
>Did some light squats yesterday
>Ow mine elbow today
>Pain when mimicking an OHP movement with my left arm
>Will probably skip my bench workout today because of it

This is bullshit

>Because you're either living somewhere fucking expensive or a total shithole, with nothing in between.

well, I only stayed in each town for 3-4 days, but Ukiah and Bishop both seemed reasonably priced and quite nice. the bigger resort towns and coastal cities were pretty fuckin spendy though. and some of the cheaper cities were unnerving, I saw a couple dudes get stabbed stopping at a walmart in Salinas.

yes, the proximity of the mountains and desert was crazy too. On one hike through the ancient bristlecone pine forest in Inyo you can quite literally see into death valley in one direction and see the sierras on the other horizon like some sort of dark souls map.

The PCT is on my bucket list, but realistically I don't have the time nor conditioning to do it this year. I'm thinking I could do it during the 2018 or 2019 season though.

>I saw a couple dudes get stabbed stopping at a walmart in Salinas.
What the fuck man.

Wish I could join you. Heck, even walking the shorter John Muir trail would be a grand adventure.

Hello guys. Just wanted to ask a quick question:

Im at 225x5 bench
240x5 in Box squats
315x5 Deadlifts
135 x5 OHP
All of this @165lbs
I've been doing alpha destiny's hybrid program (hence the box squats) because I trained like shit for the first 3 years of my trainning (shitty bro splits and lower back problems made me never squat nor deadlift) but I'm stalling on deads and squats now. Should I just keep bulking and try to get 315 BS and 405 DL or change to an intermediate program? If so which one? I like TM but I hate cleans honestly.

Wife got all mine yesterday after she pinned my glute. Life is good.

You need a real program or a coach. Preferably from somebody that actually competes, if that's your goal also.

The best way is briefs and sleeves.

yeeep, it was pretty sketchy. gang related according to the cops I talked to (who I had to call because it was like 9pm and pretty dead around the store)

I had considered doing the JMT because it's short, but part of the conditioning I'm lacking is hiking for long periods at higher altitudes. I handled stuff around 5000-7000ft fine, but the one hike I did at a little over 10000ft had me fairly winded despite being a distance I could easily travel at lower elevations. coming from a sea level life certainly doesn't help.

You would probably fit in and enjoy a trip here quite well. I picked up all the safe looking hitchhikers I passed for good karma and out of eleven people/pairs total, five of them were european of some sort and one guy was from australia. tons of foreigners traveling backpacker style and hiking the thru trails.

that looks chronically underseasoned and those potatoes aren't brown enough

5/10

I just want strength desu, If I compete it would be on martial arts. But since people here know a lot about strength I like to ask.

Do you try to learn martial arts from some YouTube faggot who never fought anybody?

No, but coaches of MA usually know close to zero about strength trainning. With MA you need to practice the drills a couple of times a week and that's it.

It wasn't as tasty as I had expected, I mainly went to that restaurant because Clint Eastwood used to own it.

You cooking for a dude? Fag?

Need help fast, I'm doing overhead extensions with a straight bar after never doing extensions.

Elbows in or out?
False grip?

Didn't even consider the altitude. Aside from the hiking (some hours at a time at most), I've spent all but max 10 nights at altitudes lower than 50m above sea level. I'd probably be fucked on those trails. Then again, a neighbour of mine twice my age and rather inactive did a week of hiking in the Alps, so I wonder just how bad the altitude can be when she managed.

Say i miss trappy if u miss trappy!!

Fuck off sean

Fuck off raff, this is pathetic.

I miss trappy!

Should i be eating my protons before or aftera workout? My mommy made chicken and potatoes and idk whether to eat it later when i come back from the gym.

Should be eating proteins all day, and both before and after the workout.

I think I'm getting elbow tendonitis from all the overhead volume, RIP :(

Rather elbowcancer than kneeaids, though

Ok, thank you friend. I will proceed to eat the chicken and potatoes.

It's affecting my ability to do any pulling that isn't deadlifts on top of pressing though :(

I hate my life

We know, seen.

Maybe make lifting friends

You don't know my life. Its shit man. I have a suicide plan ready in case it fucks up beyond repair.

We know, seen. It's bad. Have you tried settling down with a good girl?

Lads im starting with a coach next week, super hyped.

You just don't understand man.

If you were meant to succeed, your father showed the way

Tbh are you fucking retarded by any chance?

Do you not have a dad?

Sad...

>Be 4'9 UltimateManlet male

>weigh nothing even at 35 FFMI because skeleton weighs nothing
>ATG Squat rom is 2 inches
>Do sumo DL so rom is unironically .5 inch
>Bench press rom is tiny because extremely short arms

>Break every single record and total 2600 at the 59kg raw weight class

Explain to me how powerlifting is not a joke of a "sport".

Hey lads,
coming back from a back injury, still got an inflammed SI but doctor gave me the okay to start training again.

I've been doing bodyweight and a series of mobility exercises for 2 weeks now. How much of my max % should I roughly go for when getting back into training?

Cheers

it's not a sport. It is a hobby

It is great for washed up athletes

If you're coming back from injury you should take a sizable deload and work back up. Maybe start at 50% your old maxes. You can then add weight depending on how you feel.

Yeah I was thinking it'd be a substantial deload. Kept reading in the SS forums that 70% would be the go to, which seemed ridiculous to me. Thanks

You can never drop too much. I deload 5-10% between training cycles, and ive been at it for a decade.

Don't be afraid to start low. If things are going good you can always increase the rate at which you put weight on the bar.

Right now you should be focusing on reconditioning your body, remembering how to do the movements properly, getting used to regularly lifting and feeling out your weak points.

Powerlifters on suicide watch.

Fuck off self hating fags panZer/seen

When will they learn ?

>when you run out of the high grade basmati so you have to eat the asda smartprice rice you found in the cupboard instead

How come my bench is plataud at my bw?

holy shit lol

youtube.com/watch?v=9iux8GmZ2Tg

Where should the bar rest in high bar Squat
It's feeling a little uncomfortable
Is it normal when beginning ng high bar?

>elbow feels better after lifting today
?????????????

NICE BLOG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANKS YOU TOO!!!!!!!!!!

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????

eat more protons

If I hit 405 for 10 doubles where would you guys peg my e1rm. I'm still nogramming and feel like doing something dumb like that tonight.

Good point. FUCK

How long were your rest periods and what RPE were the sets?

pls be in kg. and for bench