Commenting on other's poor form?

If you see someone else using poor form in the Gym, is it out of place to let them know?

Should you try to help them improve, or just assume that if they aren't seeking out any help themselves - you shouldn't interact with them?

vid related

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/p/BUIwPmzhiWH/
my.mixtape.moe/hfwgzp.webm
youtube.com/watch?v=sMXhCUS2JBM
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vadym_Dovhanyuk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The only time I've told someone about their form was when they were clearly new to the gym and loading up far too much weight. They didn't listen to me and now I just don't bother.

personally i wouldnt unless i thought they were about to hurt themselves
but it really depends on how comfortable you are telling someone that you do not know something that they do not want to hear

What's wrong with that?

i don't because there are tons of exercises out there that i have no idea about and don't know what he's trying to do

had a PT ask me if i'm trying to do diddys when i was doing RDL

however when i was new to the gym, i was benching to my collar bone and when i got someone to spot me he told me to bring the weight to around my nipples and it helped me improve my bench

so if i would only comment if you had some reason to be talking to them

Source?

I know you guys have seen people do deadlifts with a rounded back. I really want to go up to these people and tell them because I would do the same bad form and pinch a nerve. I just keep to myself and cringe when they are doing the exercise. Should I tell them anything?

Triceps kickbacks are the worst triceps exercise in the history of triceps exercises.

Why would you wear this to the gym?

to steal gains. that's why women go to the gym in the first place

Yes and no, respectively. The vast majority of people don't want unsolicited advice, and most of the people that feel a need to give said advice shouldn't be giving it.

Only if it's some scrawny/obese guy that is obviously new to working out and he's in danger of hurting himself. I'm not going to tell some jacked guy how to lift, though.

Yes. Or tell the gym staff decently they should check his form to avoid injury. That way you're out for good.

Maybe only when they are in danger of hurting themselves. Everybody's body are not the same and they probably have to train a different way.

look when she brings the weight up, she first stretches her arm and then brings the weight up

Peach from twitch

I'm on the tipping point, been very close several times that I would walk up to some random person and ask if they want some tips.

Not there yet, but I think some people actually would listen.
I'm one of the gymrats and got some amount of strength/size.

Oh right.

The only time I did it was when some skellington who was new benched with a suicide grip, he listened and says hello every time we see each other now.

I inform people about stuff I would want to know in their situation, like heels/sides losing floor contact in squats, back curving more than what is acceptable etc. If anyone ever got annoyed they didn't show it it and pretended to be appreciative. I also appreciated getting corrected on skullcrushers when I was new to it and was unknowingly using shoulders.

My very first day at the gym I was doing lat pulldown and this guy comes up and tells me I'm doing it wrong then walked off. I felt awkward like people were watching my bad form so I didn't go back for another five years

Oh look it's the same guy from /pol/ spamming threads on Veeky Forums.

I noticed he occasionally pops up on /v/ as well where he posts Asian dicks. And on /r9k/ and /sp/.

you have ten seconds to point out everything wrong with this webm.

I'm not there to spot him.

>smith machine
>ftm identifying as gay
>smith machine
>shit rom
>smith machine

You should. A guy helped me realize a huge flaw in my deadlift form when I started lifting. He probably helped me avoid blowing my knee out

there's clearly no weights

also it's a smith machine.

Jesus the ROM is triggering me alone

Someone let a libcuck/tranny in the gym.

I've watched this video several times and I don't see any weights at all.

Been weightlifting for a good while, so I help the underclassmen at my old high school out when I move back for the summer because their coaches don't give a damn about correct weightlifting technique

instagram.com/p/BUIwPmzhiWH/

only if you're big huge and actually know shit about lifting

if you think reading SS and exercising for 6 months makes you qualified to tell other people how to lift u r retarded

otherwise leave people alone

If I see someone headed straight to snap back city I might ask if they want any advice. I was pretty happy when I was a noob and a guy told me I was killing my back, so I figure other people might be aswell.

>do not give unsolicited advice

It's on me if heninjures himself. I'm not taking responsibility for his mistakes

A LOT of women go to the gym because they want to attract a fit guy, not to work out.

Shredded guys aren't that common in real life, so going to the place where they gather makes sense.

>I'm one of the gymrats and got some amount of strength/size

Wow, sums up 90% of Veeky Forums

BRRRRAAAAAAAPP

Goddamn women are whores. Not only did she actually wear that to the gym, but also had it filmed, angled right at her ass, and uploaded it online. Maybe MGTOW was right

A skinny little twink asked to work in the rack the other day when I was doing OHP. He proceeded to do ohp, get this.
>He stood the other way around.
>niggawhat.jpg
>Picked up the bar.
>Put it on his back
>Walked forward 3 steps
>Cranked out 7 reps of the most ridiculous ohp from behind his neck
>Finished, backed into the rack, somehow managed to rack the bar
>mfw proceeded to load the bar with half pleat

Didn't say shit, it was too funny to watch.

#swoleleft

Just entered snap city like an hour ago. I'm dumb, but am I rounding my back? I was only able to record the first rep, but I heard and felt a pop in my lower back on the 3rd rep and have pretty bad pain right now. Pretty sure my form got even worse on the later reps as this is the heaviest I've attempted DLing.
my.mixtape.moe/hfwgzp.webm

I've only seen one situation where I even considered it. This guys squats were fucking horrible. I mean he just basically bent over completely, and then when he was coming up one side of the bar would be like a foot higher than the other.

He really needed help, but he was obviously new, and I didn't want to embarrass him, or anything.

kek

I saw some guy putting the bar at his upper back and then he tried to sit down because the weight was to heavy but he couldn't find a chair so there was trying to sitdown for like 8 times before he headed back to the rack

Fucking summerfags

Lower, Fagot

I never do unless they ask. Had a guy in the squat rack next to me doing 3pl8 legit quarter squats for 3 and his 2 other friends were recording and giving him high fives and "damn dude nice " "beast mode!". Really made me wanna say something or at least show off but was doing 10s at 245lbs and didn't wanna jump off program. 99$ of the time they won't take your advice or they'll take it offensively unless you're 6'4" 330lbs at 7%bf. Just pray they get injured and learn.

never gonna pick up the curlbro fame.
sorry m8

have fun looking like a velociraptor

I would only tell someone if they were obviously new and I thought what they were about to do had a decent chance of actually injuring me.

That's a high threshold to cross to, since I'm always at least 10+ ft away from anyone else in the gym.

I came close to having to say something when some moron nearly catapulted a 5lb barbell off the bar, but he stopped in time and it just fell on the ground.

>smith machine
>not even a quarter squat
>not doing valsalva maneouvre
>foot stance, not pointing outwards, not at shoulder width
>not using overhand grip
>hands too far apart
>using a backpad
>head facing up and moving about, not facing down on floor a few feet in front
>loading knees too much
>feet not firmly on floor, toes lift at points, middle of the foot not directly under bar
>no HIP DRAAAHVE

I think I got everything

You should. I don't like the gym precisely because people don't say anything. It's generous to say something, regardless of what it is. Being open about it is better than worrying about what others are thinking, possibly looking down at you behind your back without interest in seeing you improve.

I only lurk these threads to see if anyone is ever talking about me.

Tell us about yourself, who are you?

If she still has a vagina, i would fuck her and suck those titties but i wouldn't kiss her

And this is why there shouldnt be liberalism and moral should be enforced, people like in your pic wouldnt exist

They would be getting dicked by their husbands

I think this is just some sort of horrible deformity, user.

conversely, at a college gym, If i see a guy with good form is it weird to ask if he could help my form?

You realise this is an anorexic FtM? Of course there's no fucking weight on there. He's a literal skeleton under the clothes and skin

Anyone?

>Jesus gets bored of his shit and walks away

Marvellous

They're called squats, mate. He wasn't looking for a goddamn chair

Only if its dangerous to the guy doing the workout, otherwise i leave it

i dont want to be ''that guy''

I see this asian kid, can't be older than 15, at my gym almost every day. I admire his dedication, but his form is just sloppy as hell.

I was watching him do dumbbell curls, and good god. He only moved his arms up about 90 degrees and the rest was throwing the weight up like he's trying to start a lawnmower. He was rapid firing those 30lb dumbbells with those 12" cannons. Made me feel shame about my concentrated, full ROM curls with 20lbs.

Engage lats more, your hips are shooting up early you want to be lifting the weight off the ground as your hips rise.

Behind the neck ohp is legit

My rule of thumb is I don't say anything to anybody lifting more than me. So I don't really say anything ever, since the worst form is always by Chad, deadlifting 3pl8 with cat back for example. Once I hit 3pl8, I'll start saying something.

how does he do that

youtube.com/watch?v=sMXhCUS2JBM
his father

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vadym_Dovhanyuk

fake weights.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vadym_Dovhanyuk
Isn't there a chick than can bench more than 335kg?

You're called new.

fuck what gym this might be me

damn I'm going to have an arms day if you know what I'm saying

No.

Apparently he holds 36 records in powerlifting. How the fuck are there even 36 different records at all, there are 3 fucking lifts

Stop looking up, you're straining the fuck out of your neck.

The weight is clearly not over midfoot, this is obvious because the bar's path is not vertical

The weight is on your toes

Also you aren't very tight off the floor.

I would do it if I see they are about to hurt themselves or at high risk of hurting themselves.

the gym isn't filled with Zyklon B

look at my anus day

its like this
5 reps of 400 lbs is a record
4 reps of 430 lbs is a record
3 reps of 450..... etc etc etc
this is just an example I know that's nowhere near the actual records but you get my point

no you idiot. there's different weight classes and different federations you can compete in and set records at

I don't watch other people workout, so it hasn't come up very often. The only time I remember saying something is when a guy was working in squats and he had a very rounded back due to too much weight.

Guy was looking straight up at the ceiling while doing squats and I told him to try and keep his neck straight or he can mess his shit up. You guys are too fucking worried about this crap. The worst that can happen is they tell you to fuck off. The guy thanked me for the tip though.

would love to pount his twink arse x

>lefty
Thats all you need

his hips are wider than my gfs

lets see him do that moving his grip in 12 inches on each side

Nuh, rather watch.

Lol, how long have you been here for if you already adopted the CHAD meme but can't even deadlift 3 pl8? Kill yourself and stop spouting bullshit. Lift some weights instead of spending your time on here getting "redpilled"

Why would you ask this? You're obviously virtue signalling you dumb fuck.
There are guys running around with these cut out sweaters that show your their entire upper body basically, yet I never hear anyone complain about that here.
Let that bitch wear whatever she wants you fucking salty manlet.

Fuck, I just wish you guys all died.
I can legitimately feeling anger building up whenever I hear you "proud to be a fucking virgin MGTOW all women are the same and literally all are sluts guys" I don't even care about the women but the fact that this is all you guys seem to care about and that most likely none of you even lift is making me feel a seething hatred because you add nothing of value to this board.

shes a twitch whore. err was. now shes a instagram/snap whore too. nothing new.

the sad part is itd be healthier for her body if she actually whored herself out instead of working out horrendously for ass shots.

Baby's first jordon persons video hehe

Are you fucking kidding? Even 335POUNDS for a woman is elite world record level

Lmfao dude those aren't official records

Only 1 rep shit is literally a "world record" as no one keep a track/cares what the record for 17 reps on a bench is

Veeky Forums has always been for the dyels and /r9k/ crossboarders. Though I will admit it's gotten worse this past year. It also happens to be summer time.

Lol he's an elite bencher he probably closegrip-benches more than you deadlift, sit down

>look at her she is so stupid, just getting money by looking pretty and doing silly stuff, she is such a slut and such a loser, why is the world so unfair guys, why do i never get laid?!!
This is what you stand for.

i would say that it should be shoulder width
but it is

Ig account pls