Which is better for a girl? Kickboxing, muay thai or krav maga?

Which is better for a girl? Kickboxing, muay thai or krav maga?

Other urls found in this thread:

samharris.org/blog/item/the-truth-about-violence
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Greco-Roman wrestling

Kitchen-fu

sitting on my dick x F

Muay Thai if you like the idea of having a functional martial art, and Krav Faga if you like pulling your punches and looking like a retard

KB/MT for fighting, KM for self defence.

Jew maga never

Yes because an art that teaches you to actually hit someone and fight back against someone that is hitting you is shit for defending yourself

For aesthetics. Ive found kickboxing girls to be the most porpotionate and attractive. Some had full figures as well.

For self defense, learning a few techniques and mastering them is generally considered superior to having a huge repository.

Overall, I'd say that Krav Maga is best for beginners who wish to get aquainted with self defense. Of the three, muay thai is the most damage dealing while kickboxing has the best conditioning in my opinion of course.

To be honest, Ive always considered Judo among the best for women since it teaches grappling, leverage, and weight distibution in order to do sweeps, throws and tosses. Good stuff for a women who usually is out massed and outweighed by men. Nothing hits harder than the ground.

I dont know where you learnt your KM but where I have trained we hit back.
You're also comparing a fighting sport to a self defence system.
>go round house kick your way out of a knife to your throat.

lol

pepper spray

Former MCMAP, now Self Defense Combatives instructor here. With years of Muay Thai, Boxing, Judo, under his belt.

Sure I have women in my class, and I teach them as best as I can, they pay me, and I honor their business.

But I don't feel comfortable they can defend themselves on the street. Women just aren't designed for combat.

Your reactions are incredibly slow, and even if you get the technique down, you guys don't strike hard enough to do much damage to a big male. Lets not even begin on grappling, the only way I see a woman winning a fight against a male is if she is injecting HGH like the female UFC fighters, has years and years of actual fights in the ring, and she's fighting some scrawny guy.

A woman is better served having a gun or a knife to dissuade an attacker. Though I'm aware in Europe and certain communist states carrying a weapon for self defense is nearly impossible.

Thwre is literally nothing you would be able to do if someone had a knife to your throat. To kill you they have to move a couple centimeters, to disarm them you would have to move yourself a lot further than that

Not him but, hope you never find out, that your wrist, hand, twist, or whatever they teach you, won't save you from a knife to the throat either.

Best way out of that one is with actual grappling such as Judo/BJJ where you can get wrist control.

For girls I would say Krav Maga. It's easy to learn and it gets you /fit

You're basically saying pic.

>literally nothing
So you've never trained with knives in your entire life yet manage to criticise other systems? Not everyone with a knife to your throat wants to slit it. Knife attacks and knife threats are 2 very different things.

Sprinting is a woman best self defense

You also have never even attended a KM class man. It isn't wrist locks. Fucking hell, if you're going to argue a point at least have a basic understanding of the topic.

Just carry pepper spray you dumb roastie, you will never be able to fight off the kind of man who'd want to harm you unless you were good enough to be a pro

Intellectually solving problems instead of fighting!!!

see

A woman woll never be able to defend themselves from being raped by even an average man

The only people who talk about fighting against knife attacks like it's as easy as blocking or dodging a punch are retards and shills for stupid SUPAH MARTIAL ARTS.

Put on white clothes and try practicing against someone who's holding a black marker like they'd hold a knife.

I can garauntee that those clothes will be covered in black lines.

Situational awareness, carrying mace, a tazer, or a knife and being fast.
Also the only martial art that a woman should know is something like female self defense courses.
Stuff like Muay thai krav kickboxing? That's nice if they're going to knock a violent woman out or catch an unaware guy and get a good hit off and run. But if it's a man who's determined and only slightly trained? It's only going to end in bad things happening.

7 years of training KM 4 days a week and 3 yrs instructing it and i never thought to test it out like that. Gee thanks user for your invaluable advice. You have just debunked an entire self defence system.

No, I want to be able to beat men. I lift too.

Cooking

samharris.org/blog/item/the-truth-about-violence

Best thing a woman can ever read about self defense. Or a man for that matter.

1. Avoid dangerous people / situations. 99% of self defense is mental. Dont let your ego get you killed.
2. numbers and weapons matter WAY more than training. A seal team 6 commando would lose to 2 average height average build attackers if determined. Knives are way more dangerous. His anecdote from a prison memoir is brutally honest about how to kill with a knife. Steven Seagal is full of shit.
3) Escape. Escape. Escape. Do not get into a car even at gunpoint. A dude who will shoot you for running was going to kill you anyway. dont give him the satisfaction of taking his time with you. Run. Handguns are inaccurate as fuck against a moving target anyway.

thank me later ladies

Actually I've found that I've never really needed any training at all to beat up girls.

Kickboxing. It's an actual sport. You can compete, make friends, build self-esteem and have a great time.

>but I meant for self-defense!

BUY A GUN, DIPSHIT

> thank me later ladies
Way to ruin was was for the most part a decent post

fpbp

Yeah, You're a dumb cunt.

For women, if you go into a martial art without the intention of competing, you're pretty much wasting your time.

Basically what this guy said.

This. My second day of BJJ I was ragdolling girls with purple belts (4+years of serious training).

Guys will be able to fuck you up, unless you're elite AND the dude is a pussy.

girls should do muay thai, jiu jitsu, wrestling and boxing

so should guys

Just go to Walmart and boy some guns

Americans and their fucking guns man. Its pathetic

Aikido

M.C.M.A.P. and Combat Sambo

I just started BJJ last week and had the same experience

4th dan in Taekwondo. Sport martial arts do not teach you to effectively defend yourself. They teach you a sport... Y'know, when someone isn't going to pull a gun on you.

Krav Maga is the Aikido of the 21th century
For self defense: a gun
For sport: whatever she prefers. I'd say kickboxing

All of them.
>Honestly they are one in the same. Dude who created it recommended to do "sport" sparing.

Kickboxing or MT hones your reflexes, gives you aliveness. Better offensive weapons.

>Krav hones what ever krav instructor knows.
Basically either watered down garbage. Or a legit way to kill when weapons are around. Stay on feet, run, and stay alive.

you are a women and diversity attacks in packs. good luck

If you want self defence eskrima is the number one art.

Everything is a weapon. Any object.
A women with a melee weapon? Stacks the cards in your favor.

I'd still do some form of kickboxing. Fitness, and hitting hard and fast then running away far is a legit way to survive.

After that martial art of the gun.
With a gun.

This nigga knows.

Whoa.

I don't get the homophobic thing and the lots of money thing.

How long did you train KM before you worked this out? Lemme guess, you've never attended a single class.

>How long did you train KM before you worked this out?
Irrelevant. I haven't trained aikido either, there's no need to.

You sound well informed then. Please continue to enlighten us

>90% of girls are weaker than all guys
>HUUUUUUR DUUIIUR GENS UR BAAAAD
>AMERICERNS BTFOOOO
kys coming from a european

Better for what ?
For a sport, I think KB is the best. At worst you'll get bruised legs, but it won't damage the body as much as MT. It's also easier to be more technical in KB I found. KM lacks the cardio and conditioning.
For self defense it's always the same, pipe bomb.

Goldeneye split screen fucking childhood mems la

Sounds like some faggot who wasted time on krav maga wants to convince anonymous members on his cambodian spear fishing forum that that he isn't a mentally challenged larper

None, a woman shouldn't fight as a hobby.

American logic ITT
- guys stares at you *pull gun
- guy says fuck off *pull gun
- guy mouths off *pull gun
- someone harasses you *pull gun
- drunk guy at bar hits on gf *pull gun
Should I go on or do you realise why owning a gun isn't the bridge between having no ability to defend yourself and shooting someone dead for very little reason?

Thats because you are training TKD. Self defence systems wont help you either when someone pulls a gun or a knife. Its about your reflexes and your will to survive.

Your opinion of me is as irrevelent as your opinion on the martial arts you have no experience in m8.

Wat? That's EXACTLY what a self defence system will teach you. Real life survival vs a ring sport.

You will get better reflexes in a ring sport than in any "real life survival" martial arts.

Knowledge and training will take you further in a real fight than reflexes. You may not have the option to act quickly and sprint away. Training for real life situations is better than never training for one but hoping your fast enough to deal with the threat.

What can I do to have a nose like that?

>Knowledge will take you further in a real fight than reflexes
More proof that Krav MAGA is the aikido of our time.
Just make sure to stay and pay until sensei I mean Rabbi teaches you all the secret tricks that are too dangerous to teach to beginners.

Oh and of course a kick in the balls will be efficient. But you might just as well learn front kick in KB and then aim for the groin.

I can't debate something with you when you have zero knowledge or experience on the subject matter you're discussing. It's pointless. I'm also having trouble understanding how you can enter this argument knowing you know absolutely nothing about what you're saying but that's my problem to deal with I guess.

I seemingly have more knowledge about Krav Maga than you it seems. If you finally take that course you fantasize about come back and discuss it.
Krav Maga teaches you effective things like kicking in the balls granted. But you learn a huge amount of impractical stuff that you will and can never use instead of practicing a few basic movements to have them down when in a real fighting situation. Exactly like Aikido.

Also stop this passive aggressive claiming the high ground you lil bitch. If you think Krav Maga is the shit go for it. Stop getting triggered when people disagree with you

Who are you quoting?

Krav Maga - the ancient Israeli art of shekel stealing.

are you dumb?

krav maga does not belong in that group. You might as well have listed Aikido, or telekinesis.
Either of the others are fine, but ultimately futile, since any random untrained male will still be able to beat you easily.
Girls should learn BJJ/Judo or take up sprinting.

Oh. It's *you* again. Aborting thread.