That one exercise you never been 100% sure you're performing correctly

That one exercise you never been 100% sure you're performing correctly

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=OGtWZJV1BGQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Awfuk

Brb can do them with 50lb dumb bells but still feel like im doing it wrong

Also, i do them bent over not sitting on a bench like a faggot

Bent over rows never feel right for me. I constantly adjust the angle I'm standing at but it never feels like it's a good exercise. Definitely doing something wrong.

Deadlifts even if I'm using a low weight im convinced my back is round ing

same always felt awkward

Bench

>Back loses all tightness as soon as I unrack anything over 75%

>Rarely get legs in the right place

>Reps bounce all over the place, raise unevenly, bar path varies

>Arms and elbows fail to hold onto bar before chest even feels it

JUST

Squats. I can do 250 for 10+ reps but I think I might be doing it wrong. In the beginning, pretty much everything was weird. I could do weights a year ago that now make me wonder how.

i know right, fucking pendlay never seems right

New to this, I don't know the name but it's where you wall squat and lift dumbells and it never feels right. I feel like I'm supposed to get them up much higher than I can

You're using too much weight

ive given up on barbell benching, it just never feels right

Rear delt flies aren't gonna hurt you if you're doing them wrong... But deadlifts man you need to fix that shit asap

Use the smith-machine
>inb4 some dyel SS faggot says smiths are shit

Smith machines are shit.

smiths are fucking shit, only girls use them

Thats because you're upping the weight before getting your form down. When I first started as a dyel, I was doing 135 for like a month straight to get the form down.

same boat here man.

Deadlifts and pendlay rows

wrong

Lift deads

Same boat

I made some progress last time after someone told me that I was going too far down with the bar.
Like, the bar should only go as low as it takes so that your upper arms are level.

>unrack bar
>check upper arms are level
>rerack bar
No shit your bench improved, with cues and ROM like that I could bench 315.

Absolutely not. Bar to chest or it doesn't count.

But that's wrong, user

I can only bench 135 for 3 reps and even then I have to struggle to the point that my legs get engaged in the exercise. How can I develop benching strength outside of the bench press? I've been working out for 2 years and started seriously lifting half a year ago, I've developed a noticeable degree of definition and can go heavy with anything that doesn't involve chest. I easily get through and gain from the advanced workouts in Schwarzenegger's book on bodybuilding with proper form and slow reps, though the bench press kills me every time.
To get an idea of where I am, I posted my pic here once and got complimented for my lats and shoulders while simultaneously being insulted for my lack of pec muscles

I had the same problem with tightness but this video solved it:
m.youtube.com/watch?v=OGtWZJV1BGQ
Also check out his other bench videos

Yeah Arnie sure did champion using smith machines didn't he user

>schwarzeneggar's plan on BB.com
Found your problem, it's a shit plan.

Im following a different program thats from his book from the 90s.
I dont do a 2 day split, so the leg workouts are collected together on my leg day

I'd be interested to hear how you can review programs though, and what you'd consider to be a good program

Not the user you're replying to, but here's my 2 cents:

Honestly user I would drop the Arnie split. You never want to work out like someone on gear (unless you are on gear as well).

Their volume will be much higher, focusing on hitting the same muscle group a large number of times from every angle possible. This includes compound and isolation lifts.

For example on back day in the routine you posted, they have t-bar rows, bent over rows, AND seated cable rows on the same day.

Each one is slightly different, yes, but ultimately they target the same muscle. Do you really need to murder your back like that three times a week? The non-gear lifter may have a hard time recovering from a routine like this. Remember, recovery is what makes the muscle stronger after all.

If you're not progressing from a program like this I would suggest one that is focused on fewer lifts, with mostly simple (and heavy) compound movements that mostly hits the whole body every workout.

Here's the "push/pull" split I have used for the last several years with success.

Day A:

Squat 3x8-10
Dumbbell Bench Press 3x8-10
Row (whatever kind you like, as long as you can go heavy with good form) 3x8-10
Pec Fly 2x8-10
Tricep Extension 2x8-10

Day B:

Deadlift 3x8-10
Pulldown (or Pull-ups/Weighted Pull-ups) 3x8-10
Dumbbell Shoulder Press 3x8-10
Bicep Curl 3x8-10
Weighted Decline Sit Ups

Each day I'm doing 3 compound exercises with 2 accessory exercises. Each main compound movement targets a different muscle group AND I hit the whole body each workout by doing lifts that require help from the supporting muscle groups I targeted in the previous day's workout.