Qtddtot

What's a good intermediate routine and why it's Texas method?

Where the fuck did my core go?

About a year ago I switched from a calisthenics routine to resistance strength training (Rippetoe style). But now I'm noticing that my core is extremely weak, and I think it's messing up my lifts. Can't do nearly as many sit ups, chins, or push-ups as I used to. Is this a common side effect of strength training?????

What can I do to fix it? Should I just add some crunches, leg raises, and twists after my workouts?

Add some core stuff. No wonder you think its weaker when you havent done any of it. Its a skill. Like everything else. Use it or lose it.

Yeah but everyone says there is no need for isolation because the compounds work the whole body. Did I get memed?

People who say you dont need isolation are stupid. They cover what compounds dont.

They might work the whole body, but it's not the same as doing isolations. Doing 5 squats doesn't work your core like doing isolations.

Out of curiosity, which muscle group compounds don't cover?

imagine pain = volume (and volume = gains in the long run). Doing compounds at the avg strength level is like taking a very hot shower. Doing isolations can be like smashing your fingers with a hammer. You may feel very tired and accomplished after compounds but the acute stress placed on your body is distributed and therefore lessened.

Chest are often poorly worked. So are calves.
Some ab work can be needed to make sure it keeps up with the lower back.
And biceps to hinder bicep tears.

If im on a 1850cal a day cut will one 4000cal cheat day every sunday ruin it?

yes

fug

Why are my lips always so dry? I'm embarrassed to kiss anybody because of it and I drink 2 to 4 quarts of water a day so I don't know what the deal is. I've been told using chap stick is counter-productive.

am currently cutting from 20% while doing ppl, hoping to go to around 13% before bulking. Should i switch to SL or similar or just stick to ppl when ive started bulking?

I'm female and i want to look like an instagram model bodywise, i think sean's stripped routine looks good, will i get to superfit status if i do that and swimming/biking on off days? Anything i should add? I especially want my butt to look really good.

Everyone calculates their daily caloric deficit but very few go the next step and calculate their weekly deficit. Do the math, work out what your deficit goal for the whole week should be and it makes planning cheat meals much easier.

Rate My Routine Ples

Monday:
Squats 4x12-15
Leg Press 3x12
Seated Leg Curl 3x12
Lying Leg Curl 3x12
Standing Calf Raise 3x12
Weighted Lunges 3x10 Meters

Tuesday:
Front Lat Pulldown: 3x12
Back Lat Pulldown 3x12
Cable Row 3x12
Weighted Back Raise 4x15
Butterflys 3x12
Flat Barbell Bench 4x12-15
Incline Dumpbell Press 3x12

Wednesday:
Dips 3x12-15
Overhead Press 4x12-15
Cable Lateral Raises 3x12
Dumpbell Biceps Curl 3x12

Superset:
Skullcrushers 3x12
Standing Barbell Biceps Curl 3x12

Superset:
Cable Bent Over Triceps Extension 3x12
Behind Back Cable Curl (Its not a meme exercise I swear try it yourself): 3x12

Friday:
Tuesday:
Overhead Press: 4x12-15
Front Lat Pulldown: 3x12
Back Lat Pulldown 3x12
Cable Row 3x12
Weighted Back Raise 4x15
Butterflys 3x12
Flat Barbell Bench 4x12-15
Incline Dumpbell Press 3x12

Friday is Basically the Day where I work on a Body Part where I Feel like I am lacking (Currently Chest and a bit of Shoulders). Theoretically I could switch a random day in there because of the rest day (Thursday) in between.

Use chapstick. Could be all kinds of things with your diet, climate control... sometimes you just get into a vicious cycle of dryness. Chapstick helps.

The Texas method is amazing because it teaches you how to manage volume and intensity past the novice stage and sets you up for progress, gains and success.
The "Texas method routine" template that circulates around the internet is only good for squats and maybe bench if you don't alternate it with OHP. It is terrible for back and arm development and deadlift progress.
It's Texas METHOD, not routine. Get your shit together and read practical programming for strength training
Read the sticky /10

Is this a copy pasta? I figure no one would put that much effort into bait

candito > tm for overall. tm is only good for squat and to some extent diddy

Is it possible to have tendonitis but no swelling at all? I have terrible pain in my inner elbow and thumb/wrist and I can't lift shite. Been going on for about 10 days now.

I feel a bit sick today, slightly lightheaded, congested, throat is a tiny bit scratchy, probably have a flight fever.
Should I still work out? Home gym so no risk of getting anyone sick.

I would go for it.

mouthbreathnig?
switch to SL if you think you have some linear progression left in you

This is actualy my routine

Any way to tell if my shoulder is fucked, as in, rotator cuff tear or if it's just a muscle imbalance or strain?

I hate to say it, but you may need to see a doctor. Sorry bro.