Other urls found in this thread:

calorizator.ru/product/soup/borscht-2
notefood.ru/retsepty-blyud/supy/kalorijnost-borshha.html
tdeecalculator.net/
nowloss.com/starvation-mode-myth.htm
nejm.org/doi/pdf/10.1056/NEJM199212313272701
weightwatchers.com/util/art/index_art.aspx?tabnum=1&art_id=35501
myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/81391-starvation-mode-myths-and-science
healthscience.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=512:are-you-in-the-starvation-mode-or-starving-for-truth&catid=102:jeff-novicks-blog&Itemid=267
stunteating.com/2010/06/02/the-myth-of-starvation-mode/
articlesbase.com/health-articles/the-truth-about-starvation-mode-fast-metabolisms-983959.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Being brown

Other than that?

Being brown and fat.

Post routine, diet, any relavent personal health information, etc..

How do I change the fat part though? Been going to the gym and eating decent. Absolutely no progress is a bit too much despite that yano?

your diet probably sucks dick.

Cocksucking

have you tried eating less and lifting more?

>eating decent

Bullshit.

Are you memeing? Come on dude 7 months? What's the goal here, for you.

Diet you lazy fuck

Unathletic people have no concept of what it means to put intense effort into workouts. If I followed you around for a week I can guarantee I probably exercise more in 2 days.

19 yo
Indian, as had been kindly stated by the other gentleman
I workout 4 times a week. Eat very little. Been doing pic related except deadlifts(afraid I'll look too noobish).

>Eat very little.

Again...Bullshit. Anyone who says that without posting what the fuck they eat or how many cals their consuming is absolutely full of shit. You don't have to lie, we can see from your pics you don't eat very little.

Hard to believe but only sugar I eat is hot choclate like 3 times a week at Uni. Other than that, I only have Nando's when eating out, and have yogurt with grapes and bananas for dinner and eggs, sausages and tuna for brekkie. Sometimes, i don't eat at all. I'm more skinny fat I reckin cuz never been called fat until now.

The problem is your diet, also do SS.

How much is that in calories you dense motherfucker

Not over 1800 I'm sure. I stopped checking via myfitnesspal after a few months.

How many calories do you eat per day? Give height weight as well. These numbers will be 70% of your answer.

Move DL up because you'll always look like a noob if you don't practice. If you're gonna squat first every day, make bench/DL second thing of the day, always. You want all your energy for the big 3, and what's left in the tank for anything else.

No you're just fat. It seems you're just eating things you think are healthy and not actually counting calories.

>eat very little

This may have a part to play. When you eat WAY below your caloric maintenance, your body goes into starvation mode and begins to take everything you eat and store it in a mad-dash to try to keep you alive. You need to eat below your maintenance calorie amount (you can google a calorie calculator to figure this out), but not so much that you body is becoming malnourished. It HAS to be a gradual thing for it to be healthy at all.

Another tip. Being indian myself, I can tell you right now that its almost impossible to count how many calories is going to be in homecooked food. Every indian cook is different, and no one measures anything, its all eyeballed. This includes oil, food portions, all that. If you want to lose weight reliably, you have to either start tracking how much of everything your household chef cooks, or start making your own means with the calories pre-portioned.

Good luck, don't die.

Nope, you're just fat sorry buddy, not even close to being able to use the word skinny to describe yourself.
No you're not sure at all, if you were sure you would be counting and you would have actually lost weight. You've done neither of these things so you are definitely not sure.

Start checking. Put it in religiously. If a fly goes into your mouth when you're asleep, get out of bed, google the nutritional content of the fly, and write it down.

It's not because you're fat and you think you're doing 1800 wen you're doing 4000. Well, probably not. When you have a solid number and you don't see progress on your cut, ask yourself two questions:

1. Is my weight going down?
2. Are my lifting numbers going up?

If the answer to 1 is no, subtract 100 calories from your daily intake. If the answer to 2 is no, add 100 calories to your daily intake. If the answer to 1 or 2 is no, you're not eating enough protein (or you're pretty far in your lifting career, congrats). If the answer to both is yes, full steam ahead.

>starvation mode

this is the most bullshit broscience post that I've ever seen. OP is just eating too fucking much, plain and simple.

Have you tried looking up the nutrition in Hindi/whatever language you're from? I know for a lot of Russian homecooked food I can get much better numbers (or, I can actually just get numbers) when I google the food I'm looking for in Russian.

Kek, what horseshit, even after 6 months of way below maintenance in "starvation meme" you would see some weightloss.

1. Yes. Gine down by 7 kgs.
2. No. Not recently atleast. But i started dumbell curls with 5 kgs and can do 10 kgs for 2 x 10 now.

How many calories would you guess are in about 3 cups of borscht? MyFitnessPal says it's 650 and I feel that has to be pretty spot on. Had meat but no potatoes. Also 3 tbsp of sour cream because I'm bourgeois scum

7 kg isn't great for 6 months but it's better than nothing.

What are your squat/bench/dl numbers? Those are the most important ones.

>itt shitlords that fell for healthy starvation meme

Wait so starvation mode is a meme? Should i just start undereating? Just eat a few gours before gym and nothing except natural yogurt and fruit any other time I am hungry? (Max 2 times a day though). I've been meaning to do this but been afraid of the startvation mode thingy.

What the fuck is it with you Indians and curls.

count your calories idiot
u are eating more then u really think

Squat is 40 kgs
Bench is 25 kgs
Don't deadlift.
Not counting the bar, which is 20kgs.

Start counting your calories. Find your TDEE and eat that 500 less than that. You could take out even more if you want to post wieght quicker. Eating "very little" is not an accurate way of measuring your intake. I never realized how easy it was to go through 1500 calories until I set that as my daily limit.

Also stop focusing on lifting and start doing do cardio. You can focus on building mass when you've lose some wieght.

looks like you need to lose at least 30 more lbs (or 15kg)

Idk. Curls are awesome. Feel so good when u get that pump in ur biceps.

anyone who knows anything about basic science knows that starvation mode is a bullshit meme.

you're eating too much

How much fucking borscht are you eating? I love eating sour cream out of the can with a spoon but the soup itself is pure vegetals. And meat doesn't add that much unless you're just dropping a steak into your soup.

calorizator.ru/product/soup/borscht-2 this one gives it as 49 calories (the macros here are protein, fat, carbs in that order), and the quick numbers I saw have 49 as the absolute max (a Lent recipe has just 23). These numbers are all for 100 grams.

For added meat it depends how much you add, but this site notefood.ru/retsepty-blyud/supy/kalorijnost-borshha.html gives an upper limit of 100 calories per 100 grams.

1) Calculate TDEE tdeecalculator.net/
2) Subtract 500 for 1lb/wk or 1000 for 2lb/wk
3) This is your daily caloric intake
4) Buy food scale (NEVER trust your eyes)
5) Count calories and keep below above number

How have your numbers progressed?

Anotherpicofme.jpg

This is where i got in 6 months. Feels bad man :(

Not by much. 10 kgs for squats and bench press. Abkut 5 for dumbell stuff. That's about it.

Unless Vishnu gave you the shittiest genetics this side of Mars, you should be able to easily get those numbers up. Get some sleep and if you're gonna eat anything sugary, try to do it before your workout. Some people do better on an empty stomach but most need at least a little fuel to start the gears up, so try it out for a few weeks and see any noticeable improvement.

Borrow one element of PPL into your workout. For your big 3 exercises, take the 5th and final set to failure. If you did 5, do a 6th, and keep going until you're physically unable to put up the weight with say 90% good form. You're gonna slip up a little when you go heavy so the end of your 5th set won't be picturesque. Make sure you're doing the rest with at least 95% good form (basically just stay honest with yourself) If you did 5+ reps on the 5th set, next workout add 2.5 kg to your bench and 5 kg to your squat/DL.

Also when you're starting out deadlifts, find someone who's resting and ask them to check your form. They won't mind and everyone started somewhere. Many people will even get a kick out of taking you under their wing, and give you the best advice they can think of (which might not actually be the best advice, but if they lift more than you and they're not riding around in a wheelchair, it's probably worth something).

Alright, explain it to me then. Include citations (no that random bodybuilding.com forum post isnt a citation). Is eating at a major caloric deficit a legitimate healthy way to lose weight? How is it broscience, your body literally needs a certain amount of calories not to starve? Educate me, you confrontational fucks.

>Not knowing brahma created the universe

0/10

Are your numbers significantly dropping? Because if your body is starving, it's going to atrophy all of your muscles in order to preserve its fat. If your lifts are steady or increasing, your muscles are fine, which means your body isn't eating itself alive and is just not being induced to burn enough fat. EZPZ

Make the borscht yourself and then compare the numbers. It's not that hard to weigh out ingredients

nah, you're right. if you don't eat enough your body defies basic thermodynamics and creates matter and energy out of nowhere just to keep you fat.

Thanks for educating me

Brahma, Vishnu, Buddha, whatever man. Personally I believe there are infinitely many paths to accepting Jesus Christ as your personal lord and savior.

wouldnt christ just be a reincarnation of vishnu tho since Hinduism is older?

>insult someone for spewing broscience
>get asked for a legitimate explaination
>respond with passive-aggressiveness

you're worse than my ex dude

650 calories is a lot of ingredients. That's a day's worth of borscht at the latest.

Also curious - what language added the "t" to borscht? It ends in "sh" in Russian and the soft sign in Ukrainian. Did the Poles butcher it like they did with wodka and kielbasa?

youd see some progress if you counted your calories right. Watch scoobys videos on dieting.

Read starting strength to learn about weight progression and lifting form. Get a gymbro with experience if you can't get the form/motivation right.

That's ridiculous. Are you not pushing yourself? When I was just starting I could reliably add at least 5 lbs every other session.

I don't believe you did any exercise friend

Reading all these replies, I am in doubt myself.

Don't try to move the goal posts Pajeet, you first tried to say that eating at a major deficit will result in weight loss being stalled. No one is advocating that someone literally starve themselves to lose weight, but if they did, they would continue to lose weight until their body shut down.

>pajeet

what is this 2006?

Checking out the links, I see it's probably off by a fair amount. I don't make it rich by adding butter or anything, the only fat in it comes from the beef I cook with it. I'm fine with the estimate being too high, I'd be much more concerned if it wasn't enough

This plus 2 cocktail sausages(150 cals) is all i am having today and most days. Other than a few bananas and max 2 serves of yogurt a day, I generally have nothing else.

It's the only Indian name I've heard, and I don't care to learn any more. Just because there's a lot of you doesn't mean anyone gives a fuck.

>implying anyone ever asked you to give a fuck

you're either lying or not counting calories properly. I fucking hate idiots like you. Just eat less and only eat things you know you can count.
she's probably your ex because you're an idiot who doesnt know what he's talking about.

That... does not look small. For comparison, 8 slices of cheddar cheese at the store is 880-900 calories. If you've got meat in there, that's also pretty nutritionally dense.

Bananas are about 100+ calories apiece as well. Yogurt depends on the fat/sugar content so I can't give you a number off the top of my head.

Would you be able to get the recipe for the food on your plate?

typical Veeky Forums ignorant fuck.

>he's

okay bud

nobody cares if you're female

sorry forgot this was Veeky Forums

he's probably your ex because you're an idiot who doesnt know what he's talking about.

>she's probably your ex because you're an idiot who doesnt know what he's talking about
>doesn't know what he's talking about
>what he's talking
>he's

I would worry more about being brown. 2/3rds of Americans are fat
IIRC 15 percent of Americans are black.

Do more cardio adjust calories

3 eggs with mushroom and shallots. Tablespoon of salt and some oil.

typical virgin brainlet

I'm sorry that your country is famous for being filthy, literal shithole. Maybe one day you guys will warm up to the idea of indoor plumbing.

Anyways I'm out, if I wanted to waste time arguing with Indians I'd call tech support.

I know what to do about that though. Just get rich and MJ my way through life. But I wanna not be so self consious about being fat for now.

nowloss.com/starvation-mode-myth.htm
nejm.org/doi/pdf/10.1056/NEJM199212313272701
weightwatchers.com/util/art/index_art.aspx?tabnum=1&art_id=35501
myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/81391-starvation-mode-myths-and-science
healthscience.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=512:are-you-in-the-starvation-mode-or-starving-for-truth&catid=102:jeff-novicks-blog&Itemid=267
stunteating.com/2010/06/02/the-myth-of-starvation-mode/
articlesbase.com/health-articles/the-truth-about-starvation-mode-fast-metabolisms-983959.html

If that is all you eat, and you're not lying to us and yourself, google the nutritional value of everything you just said and add the numbers. Calories, total fat, total carbs, total protein. We can tell you where to go from there.

>she's probably your ex BECAUSE ***YOU ARE** an idiot who doesn't know what **HE'S** (HE AS IN YOU) talking about

do you understand yet? or do i need to explain it more for someone with a 3rd grade reading comprehension?

>tablespoon of salt

really? a whole tablespoon?

Yeah man. Salty is awesome.

>6 months and literally 0 progress whatsoever
You fucked up bro

That salt is causing some serious water retention bro. That's part of why you have that gut. The other reason might be the rest of your diet. The third reason is that you probably don't try at the gym.

Use shit for your phone like MyPlate and have a food diary going. See what the fuck are you eating and how you eating it. What macros are in deficit and which ones are way too high.

i see progress. a tiny bit more muscle

you should eat a normal amount until full, and keep lifting heavy and working out hard and you will see results

eat nutritious food not ice cream and junk food. if you eat too little, your body wont make muscle cells because it needs calories to build muscle

eat normally

Water fast. It's your only hope at this point.

3 Eggs: Calories: 234
Fat: 15 g
Carbs: 0
Protein: 18 g

Shallots:
Calories: 10
Fat: 0
Carbs: 2 g
Sugar: 0.8 g
Protein: 0.3 g
Mushrooms:
Calories: 31
Fat: 0.2 g
Carbs: 7 g
Protein: 1.9 g
Bananas
Calories: 121
Fat: 0.4 g
Carbs: 31 g
Sugar: 17 g
Protein: 1.5 g
Grapes:
Calories: 69
Carbs: 18 g
Sugar: 15 g
Protein: 0.7 g
Yogurt:
Calories: 158 cal
Fat: 12.1 g
Carbs: 6.5 g
Sugar: 6.5 g
Protein: 6.0 g
Add or subtract 200 calories I guess.

Better formatting

3 Eggs: Calories: 234
Fat: 15 g
Carbs: 0
Protein: 18 g

Shallots:
Calories: 10
Fat: 0
Carbs: 2 g
Sugar: 0.8 g
Protein: 0.3 g

Mushrooms:
Calories: 31
Carbs: 7 g
Protein: 1.9 g

Bananas
Calories: 121
Fat: 0.4 g
Carbs: 31 g
Sugar: 17 g
Protein: 1.5 g

Grapes:
Calories: 69
Carbs: 18 g
Sugar: 15 g
Protein: 0.7 g

Yogurt:
Calories: 158 cal
Fat: 12.1 g
Carbs: 6.5 g
Sugar: 6.5 g
Protein: 6.0 g
Add or subtract 200 calories I guess.

what the fuck 6 months and 55 pounds on the bench?

100% this

diet is 90% of looking better

Yeah aha. I know, is shiet.

I refuse to believe you're eating

Forgot the sausages and Tuna. That's another 250 cals. But that's about it yeah

>eating decent
No.

If you're telling the truth you'd be losing more weight unless your metabolism is crazy slow, but it would explain why your lifts are shit.

Do you only eat one banana a day? Your other post implied you eat more than one

No about 2-3. Depending on the day