Supplements

Dietary sups thread? What does Veeky Forums take? Have you noticed any real benefits?

I've been taking daily: two lecithin and fish oil capsules, one L-arginine, magnesium, and men's multi tablet, and a half a zinc tablet. I'll occasionally take a low-dose aspirin as well. I'm undecided as to whether any of this has had any effect other than my hemoglobin dropping from 15 to 13, which is why I reduced my zinc intake.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=v3pK0dccQ38
scientificamerican.com/article/soil-depletion-and-nutrition-loss/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I just take a fish oil and a multi

I also take Creatine and protons but these are just food replacement rather than nutrition supplements

fish oil
multivitamin
d3
zinc
magnesium
c

i'm trying to phase them out though – i'd prefer to get my vitamins from food. so i've been eating more nutrient dense stuff like sardines.

probably won't ever be able to drop the vitamin d though.

D and fish oil
I work in a cave though so I definitely need it.

Is the D in your multi not enough? I would have bought D on its own but figured I would be okay with just the men's.

I forgot to say in the OP that the fish oil does seem to have softened my hair. I also have raw garlic sometimes but not too often because of the ensuing smell.

Right now nothing, it's summer and you should get your nutrients from food.

no. the multi has 5 micrograms, i take 5000 IU (125 micrograms) a day – and i might start taking 10000 after having watched a video on vitamin d.

youtube.com/watch?v=v3pK0dccQ38

do you actually feel any better from the d3? I've been taking 2000IU/day and haven't noticed any difference.

no, not really. i'd rather be taking it than not taking it though.

btw in the video i posted, the guy says that you'd need a minimum of about 4000 a day for any benefits.

Every expert says something different about D.

>multi every 3 days
>5000 UI vit D
>vit C
>MSM
>magnesium, calcium, zinc
>gelatine
My sleep is noticably deeper, skin clearer and I haven't been sick in over a year since I started taking these.

>Examine.com

Half, if of all your crap is... worthless.

For the love of god make sure you Vitamin D is D3 not D2 and has K2 in it for proper absorption. Also make sure its a 5000IU variety

Creatine has proven benefits, Protein powder is too obvious to mention, preworkout is designed to separate you from your money just drink coffee

Phenibut is fun

Multivitamin and 5000 IU D3 + K2, that's it.

yet half of you slate vegans for taking 1 b12 tablet, and a multivit just to be on the safe side LOL

>tfw I've been taking 1000iu/day

Better than nothing I guess

1) Highest quality cod liver oil
2) Glucosamine
3) Multivitamin

I used to take Creatine but I don't think the constant nausea justified a marginal increase in strength.

My skin/hair/etc are definitely better nowadays. The test increase from working out/etc has turned my beard from public hair to iron wool. Glucosamine helps clear up any elbow pain I get.

Only downside is that I occasionally get 2-3 spots popping up on my face. I'm guessing it's from a testosterone/hormone surge or something.

but i take a mens multi vit
>vit A 750 ug (94% NRV)
>vit D 5ug (100% NRV)
>vit E 20mg (167%NRV)
>VIT C 60mg (75% NRV)
>vit B1 12MG (1091%NRV)
>Vit b2 5mg (357% NRV)
> Niacin 20mg (125% NRV)
>vit B6 9MG ( 643% NRV)
>Folic Acid 200 ug (100% NRV)
>VIT B12 9UG (360% NRV)
>BIOTIN 50 UG (100% NRV
>Panotenic Acid 10mg (167% NRV)
>Magnesium 60mg (16% NRV)
>Zinc 15mg (150% NRV)
>Copper 1000ug (100% NRV)
>Maganese 3mg (150% NRV)
>Selenium 150ug (273% NRV)
>Iodine 150 ug (100% NRV)

Along with some other shit i aint ever heard of, all this in 1 tablet, combined with my plant based diet.... i dont know why some vegans struggle staying healthy

>protein goals easily met with lentils beans etc
>carbs is fucking easy
>fat is easy, just have nuts and seeds if you need more fat, most plant food has little fat so its sound
>omega 3, easily attainable...just put 30g of milled flaxseed in your porridge and its done
>one alpro yoghurt covers my calcium needs

what else cant vegans get properly?

>3-A-Day Multi
Just to cover all bases.
>Vibrant Health Green Vibrance (Greens Drink)
Digestion is no longer a problem.
>Fish Oil
Just buying into the hype.
>ZMA
Defintely better sleeps
>BCAA's
Covering bases pre/post workout.
>Protein
Self-Explanitory
>Beta Alanine
Noticably helped me with my lifts after reaching saturation. Also needed something that worked at least somewhat like creatine, since created makes me retain water like a motherfucker.

Pretty happy with it all desu.

QUESTION

why do people say multivits dont work? im tired of googling and just seeing opinion pieces or articles from paleo health lol

how can ingesting these vits be unhealthy?

Because the argument being made is that you don't NEED them. Technically, this is true.

However, I doubt the majority of people actively track their active vitamin intake and weigh it in with the recommended daily intake levels. Let alone the increased levels of someone who lifts.

Unless they are fucking Rainman
>Duhh-duhh-definitely-definitely need 175 more IU's of Vitamin D3 for the day.

>I used to take Creatine but I don't think the constant nausea justified a marginal increase in strength.

Glad I'm not alone. Felt bloated 24/7

lmao

yeah its just wweird im feeling unhealthy fr taking 1 tablet lol

your mom and sister are fairly consistent about how much they love my D

scientificamerican.com/article/soil-depletion-and-nutrition-loss/