OHP progress in 10lb/5kg increments

My gym doesn't have plates smaller than 2,5kg/5lbs

This means I have to progress in 10lb jumps on ohp, which is a real cunt.
I was struggling with 100lb/45kg ohp for 3 sets of 5 for a while now, failing my last two reps of the last set.

Yesterday I did 5 reps, 5 reps, 7 reps, is this progress?
When do I add 5 more kilos?

It's not fucking rocket science, do more reps with less weight until you are able to make the jump to the next weight.

Buy and bring your own Plates.

2x 1.25kg and 4x 0.5kg and you are ready for microloading.

The Press(TM) can be a bitch

I can't afford to dump 50e on plates, I live in Eastern Europe.

Wtf, it should be below 20E for everything.

Start with two 1.25 vor make your own in a Workshop from scrap

use your fucking superior slavic intelligence then dumbass and doe something like tie two water bottles with a string and hang them over each side

come on man its lifting weights, anything that weighs something is a weight. make your own weights with sand and dirt

change the gym.

>I was struggling with 100lb/45kg ohp for 3 sets of 5 for a while now

That's good going for a girl.

Wanna hook up?

just do pyramid
for example for warmup start with 30kgx12 reps then 35kgx7 then 40x7 then 45x5 and then you will be able to 50x2-3.
Thats 5 sets guaranteed to get you stronger and bigger if you eat and sleep.You can add dropsets if you have the time.
Where from eastern europe btw?

Buy or make micro-plates, you are literally retarded and didn't read the book.

Lol, this

bottles of water and string

ghetto style

microload with clips

these weigh about 250g each, so 1 pair = 0.5 kg

Serbia

I might actually do this, hog all the clips and just stack those motherfuckers up front to back

>pyramid sets and drop sets
Both of these were debunked by the same study. Saw it linked here yesterday. All you do is exhaust yourself. Rippetoe says shiggy to pyramid sets too.

1. Buy ankle weights of 1kg and 0.5kg as a minimum and use these as go betweens. (This is my strong rec. for everyone - MUCH cheaper than microplates.)
2. Increase reps then increase weight. Move your 3x5 to 3x8 and you will get stronger and not notice the 10lbs increase as much. My advice? Only push the first set and don't attempt more than 5 in your 2nd or 3rd until 8 is completed in the first set.

Stop focusing on unimportant things and get your strength up. Get your reps up until you can do it with more weight. Microplates are not the reason your progress is slow.

My gym too MSN. Do more reps.
Put it this way. If you did 5 reps yesterday, and you do 6 reps today, are you not stronger today than you were yesterday? And if you can do 3x10 at 45kg, I bet you could do 3x5 at 50kg. So add reps.

post the link faggot

Can you provide link to that study?

What you have to do is progressively overload using reps instead of weight. There are several ways of doing this but the simplest way is to just add 1 rep to 1 set every time you OHP. So since you can do 100lbs with 3x5 then you should go for 1x6, 2x5. If you hit that then the next session you go for 2x6, 1x5 and you just continue like that. By the time you can do 100lb for 3x12 you will probably be able to do 110lb for 3x5.

use double progression. first increase the total reps, then the weight. it's more effective than micro-loading anyway

I too live in Eastern Europe. Here's what I did: brought a food scale into a hardware store and cut pieces of chains that weigh exactly (accuracy: gram) 250 g. Bought zip ties and made them into hoops.

If I want to add 500 g to a lift, i toss one chain on the barbell. If 1 kg, then two on both side.

Now stop whining and improvise. Shit's cheap and it really helps on OHP.

>My gym doesn't have plates smaller than 2,5kg/5lbs
Fuck mine too, adding anything more than 1.25kg/side on the Press(tm) makes it impossible to do.

I feel stupid, the first idea that occurred trough my mind was to buy microplates.
Capitalism...nice idea mate

sure my man I've doubled in size doing it for 5 months but whatever you say.

>be 24 years old, 5'9, 125lb skelemanlet
>can only The Press™ the bar

>My gym doesn't have plates smaller than 2,5kg/5lbs
change gyms nigger

Program your lifts so you don't need to do less than 10 lb jumps......

Btw i feel like i Hurt my back when performing ohp standing up, what am i doing wrong ?

Not flexing your abs enough, and leaning too far back.

You're doing OHP. A lift that has less delt activation than sitting dumbbell shoulder press and much higher risk of injury to your spine. Do your own research and learn for yourself that ohp is shit and fit is retarded for being obsessed with it

Do push press. With a slow negative, don't just drop it.

Pyramis sets worked for The Rock, of course they'll work for me or anybody.

>you just exhaust yourself

Exactly what I want.

Yeah i already had the same analysis but figured i was in the wrong

DELET THIS

You're lifting too heavy...
You should be trying not to engage your lower back. You want the load on your shoulders. Yes, you can cheat and engage your back/chest by pushing your hips forward/looking up, but it's something I only do when I'm struggling to finish a set.
There's nothing unusual about making slow progress on the OHP. You're never going to see the same rate of progress you'll see on bench/squats/dl's/rows and so on. And you're not going to be OHPing anything close to your bench.
My thinking is you need to drastically reset, and focus on perfect form. You'll feel the difference. Know when you do side raises and you get that really nice burn in your side delts? That's what your front delts should feel like after hitting them with good form.

Because 9/10 guys use terrible form, and half of them do it deliberately because monster OHP's "look badass".
If you engage your lower back on OHP, you're lifting too heavy. Spine should be neutral. Head should be neutral (I see guys looking to the sky as if doing lat pd's or some shit, which will ALWAYS engage the lower back).

Thanks i Will try