I started following this program around 2 months ago though I've been told this is too high volume for someome who's...

I started following this program around 2 months ago though I've been told this is too high volume for someome who's natty. To give an idea of where I am, I've been doing boxing for 2 years, and did lifting very casually for 6 months until I started high intensity lifting half a year ago. Can someone recommend me a good program in place of this. I'm confused what to do as programs that I've seen aside from this one are incredibly low volume

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/27acta/starting_strength_12_week_progress/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Right now I lift 3 days a week (cardio and core on 3 other days). I collect the leg workouts into a seperate leg day and workout each body part once a week. Though I'm going to start lifting more often

Bump

I made the same mistake of doing this workout as a natty beginner. It is a mistake and you shouldn't do it.

The workout is good if you use steroids and are between beginner and intermediate, but if you're not you're just going to overtrain and injure yourself.

Just do SS.

I'll start doing SS, thanks for the recommendation.
I will say that I don't get overly fatigued doing this program despite going to failure most times. I've just developed a lot of cardio endurance. Why is this, given that I'm proficient in cardio stuff but not weights? And how can i push myself with something like SS given that my performance falls off very quickly? (Ex I can get 8 reps on 125lb bench press but only 3 on 135)

Overtraining doesn't happen overnight, give it a month or so

Back from doing the SS A workout.
I feel great. Would adding calf, lats, and arms stuff in future workouts result in overtraining?

You should read the book, you'll be able to answer that question yourself.

read the fucking book

Before doing SS, look for SS results on google or here

SS is shit, why you come here looking for a program?

You can look in google for a nice program that will give you good results and you will confortable to do it

overtraining? lmao dude you did one day of fucking starting strength. When you're doing heavy weight, advanced level workouts 5+ days a week then maybe overtraining will start to be a reasonable concern but for the most part its a fucking meme

the mark of a bro-split novice is shitting on SS

you probably do like 3 types of curls everyday, a set of bench and go home

Person who's been doing SS for 3 months here
I'll give you some advice on mistakes that I've made;
Read the book
Download it, buy it, or buy the app which has it
Read it all before you start training
Look up form videos either that have Rip or look up Alan Thrall since I find his instructional videos easier to grasp.

Learn the form first and read the fucking book.
Don't start doing Power Cleans until a few weeks in when you've gotten diddys ahead of your squat. Probably practice power clean form on your rest days but with only the bar before you start alternating them in for diddys every other workout.

Go slow, eat right, sleep enough. Add perhaps 5kg/2lbs at first to each progressive workout lift then take it down to 2.5kg/1lb after a few weeks.
Deload if you can't do a work set. Don't rush any lifts.
SS won't make you look "good" but it's mainly for a base.
Warmup on a bike/cardio before each session.
Don't add accessories (other than chins) until a few months in AFTER you research it.
After 6-12months of SS look into Texas Method or other programs if you're after aesthetics.

Make sure your form is on point. Lifting at lower weight but great/perfect form is better than lifting heavy with awful form.
You'll hit your muscles better and won't go to snap city.
I hope this helps.

So this entire post could be summarized as:

read the fucking book

because nothing you mentioned, nor thje mistakes, are outside the book

You're not doing any "heavy weight" or "advanced" stuff if you lift 5 times a week

Hahahaha
I have a nice program that give me fast results

You wont ve able to do it as you are weak that only work 3 day a week

Fuck off

In my experience, looking on google typically results in low volume bodybuilding.com-style stuff.
How about you actually look at the before and after pics?
reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/27acta/starting_strength_12_week_progress/
From what I saw, the infamous t rex pics are a result of gomad and using a program literally targeted for beginners for years.
In my case, I've been doing 2 hr workouts with supersets and minimal resting times, so taking a couple of months to lift heavy with a 5x5 routine seems benificial to me

What's it like being so frail and unathletic?

lmao i bet all my maxes are 2x yours bitch nigga

Post stats faggot

Post body faggot

The program in the op is the one I've used for a while since I thought it was an acceptable level of training. Now that I'm told it's overkill, I'm learning how to gauge what is an acceptable level
Thanks, this post is really helpful for me. I've got form down for the most part as I've been doing the SS compound lifts for a while but not in a 5x5 structure. Nutrition and sleep is also on point

6'4" 275lbs
600lb squat
540lb deadlift
360lb bench
cleans are for faggots

hows that bro split going I bet it's really hitting the peak of your biceps right manlet? great progress lmao

I have only 2 months lifting

I was 155 and im now 163 and i only took one mass gainer(16 servings)

My program get my muscle to grow fast
I lift heavy every week

it is overkill for noobs but it could be easily adjusted by forgetting about the super setting and cutting out all that nonsense auxiliary shit like flys and cable shit

Didn't ask for excuses, post cbt or fuck off

155lbs with

I dont have any pics on my phone, i have posted before
What do you mean?

I have done my research, lifting more weight every week make the muscle to grow more

>bitch nigga
Go back to worldstar, tyrone

I wasn't advocating for bro splits,
5 heavy days a week is just retarded.
Also
>squat 60 lbs higher than deads
stop half squatting faggot
I bet you don't even touch chest when benching either