Stop doing brosplits

Stop doing brosplits

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hWpiZ2gA7cw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Nah

Last time I did SS, my bodyfat went up and cutting was gave subpar results

Really?

I'd been doing a PPL for like 3 years and look absolutely DYEL. I look better than when I started, but we're talking going from hungry skeleton to "normal" looking. I graduated to "before picture" mode. It's embarrassing.

Splits are all about volume and you can't achieve significant volume without lifting significant weight. So, I decided to hop on the SS express to get some linear progression under my belt before returning to a split with increased strength.

Is that really a bad idea? I don't see how it can be. If just eating at 300+ calorie surplus and doing a split was effective for a beginner, I'd look jacked by now. Instead, it was a piss poor way to achieve strength gains, which means my "hypertrophy range" training has been at babby weights, resulting in almost no hypertrophy at all. There has to be another way.

Both are true. Fucking around with brosplits and aimless PPLs won't get you anywhere, and neither will doing 3 sets squats, 3 sets bench and calling it a day.

Is there such a thing as a full-body routine focused on aesthetics?

But that's wrong though. Doing 3 sets of squats, 3 sets of bench, 1 set of deadlift, and calling it a day is increasing my strength every day. I've never achieved that kind of progression in 3 years of fucking around with PPL.

Whats a bros plit?

>I'd been doing a PPL for like 3 years
PPL meaning PPLPPLx, lifting six days a week, hitting each muscle group twice, for three years, and no gains? What have you been doing wrong?

Candito LP is the closest I can think of, but that's actually an upper/lower, rather than a full body.

I think the issue with full body is that it's extremely taxing on your CNS and core. Like today, after squats, bench, and deads, I thought I'd throw in some bodyweight pull ups for fun and because I felt my back was underworked. I struggled to hit 7 reps on the first set and couldn't break past 5 on the second. Despite not directly working biceps at all and only using my lats isometrically during the previous lifts, I was fucking shot.

Trying to fit an aesthetics-oriented amount of volume into a fullbody program would be extremely difficult. It's why people start with full body to build up a strength base, then move to a UL or PPL split to focus on aesthetics. You split up the body in order to accommodate the increase in volume.

you could have done LP with PPL.

You can tell people who don't lift and look like shit by the fact their posts reveal they don't know the very clear difference between a split and a brosplit.

Split (body part, PPL, Upper-Lower) - a way to train 6 or even 7 days a week hitting every body part at least twice with maximum efficiency and high volume.

Brosplit - fucking around with "arm day" which involves nothing but 60 sets of curl variations, skipping big compound lifts, generally just fucking around with babby weight, ignoring the idea of progressive overload, and only going to the gym a few times a week, during which you spend 90 minutes chatting to your friends, and 10 minutes actual lifting.

To be fair most people who do PPLxPPL use baby bitch weights as well because most people lifting 6 days per week can't actually make gains because recovery is horrible. That said, of course some people have been successful with it, but it's a handful.

The issue is more so people just not eating enough, or enough protein.

People never allow themselves to properly grow over-time, they dip in and out of a surplus and deficit every 2 fucking weeks because they're afraid of gaining a bit of fat, and once they notice a bit of fat they get scared and pull their feet off the gas and go backwards again, hence never really making any progress.

PPLPPLx, correct. And it's not no gains, it's paltry gains. I put on around 20 lbs (5'11", 155 to 175), so I look thicker and I have little things like visible lats, pecs that can be flexed, thicker arms, etc. But, if you looked at me naked, you wouldn't think I lifted at all. I attribute that to trying to do tons of volume (inherent to a split), but only being strong enough to, for example, use 65 lb dumbbells for reps on bench press. I'd read that dumbbells are superior to barbell training for aesthetics, so I stuck to dumbbells. That meant increasing my lifts by 10 lb jumps, which was attempted while eating at a very modest surplus. You will stall out very quickly training that way, and that is exactly what happened to me.

I also began working out at PF because it was the cheapest gym near me. That meant doing a PPL sans any true squats or deadlifts. Leg days consisted of dumbbell lunges and leg press. I got a bit stronger that way, but my hips are noticeably lagging, something I discovered when I started squatting. My quads hold out just fine, but my glutes and hamstrings fatigue quickly and are sore immediately once I finish that third set.

So, lots of things were done wrong.

>I'd read that dumbbells are superior to barbell training for aesthetics, so I stuck to dumbbells.

lol.

It doesn't matter what you use, so long as you keep progressing.

You're sure as fuck NOT going to have a big chest pressing 65lbs dumbbells though. Depending on your height you'll need to be press 100-125lbs dumbbells for reps.

If you did a barbell strength program and got your bench to 275 for a few reps, you will see that carry over to dumbbells very much so. But you never did that because you were wrapped up in the broscience. Train on a strength program for a few years, get strong, then try dumbbells again and you'll be repping 100s+ like they're nothing.

>You're sure as fuck NOT going to have a big chest pressing 65lbs dumbbells though.
That's exactly my point and why I'm putting splits on hold while working on an LP fullbody program to get my lifts up.
>Train on a strength program for a few years, get strong, then try dumbbells again and you'll be repping 100s+ like they're nothing.
That's the plan.

What is PF? What sort of gym can't you deadlift in? And no squat rack? At least use a Smith Machine.

And yeah, I know the Smith is the devil's spawn, but still infinitely better than nothing.

different guy here but I'm 6'1 180 with a small beer gut and I want to get to ottermode
What lb dumbbells should I work toward

no. i look better than 95% of you fags because i do whatever it takes goddamnit

Planet Fatness, creators of the "I lift things up and put them down" commercial

youtube.com/watch?v=hWpiZ2gA7cw

And I stayed away from the Smith machine because everybody and their mother says it's worse than Satan and will snap your shit up.

I go to Anytime Fitness now and they have some barbells and power cages, so I'm squatting and deadlifting now.

Friendly reminder to stop egolifting

Slavic swole by Nuckols. I will do that next week. 6days a week fullbody with pullups added ed. It works for Bugenhagen.

Is switching from drinking coffee to cocoa a good idea?

can u post a pic of yourself plz
i am generally curious of what you look like, dont wanna be mean or anything just wondering

>You're sure as fuck NOT going to have a big chest pressing 65lbs dumbbells though. Depending on your height you'll need to be press 100-125lbs dumbbells for reps.
>thinking once I hit x lbs I'll have a big chest
sad

I don't post in cbt because I have nothing at all to show off. I'm not comfortable posting here, but if it's educational and I can prevent somebody from making my mistakes, then alright. 5'11", 177 as of this morning.

Lack of deadlifting until recently is evident in my nonexistent forearms and small traps. Weak bench produced extremely modest chest gains, as in I now cast a shadow where I didn't used to and that's about it. Some shoulder development from dumbbell shoulder pressing and lateral raise, but not much. I used to try hitting lats with all kinds of cable and dumbbell rows and pull ups, but the extreme volume made strength progression very slow, so my spread is very mediocre. I look better in a T-shirt than I used to, but that's really all.

Hip misalignment is due to lower lumbar scoliosis.

I won't bother with legs. They look completely unworked as of yet, apart from my glutes, but those are genetically pretty big for me.

hmm thnx, yea u sorta look like me now and ive just been lifting for a year
i guess really doing fullbody and getting a strength base is quite important

Who actually said that real bro splits are worse then Fullbody/PPL/UpperLower workouts, is there any proof at all or is it just something people have read ?