Is starting strength/ strong lifts really the best program for beginners?

Is starting strength/ strong lifts really the best program for beginners?

Anyone know of success using any other method?

Other urls found in this thread:

docdro.id/TZ5b62C
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

gslp

90% of people on here will say to not do Starting Strength and you'll just be fat and "strong" for no reason.

I say fuck them and just do SS, I've had plenty of gains and I got out of DYEL mode in a couple of months.

Do SS, it's easy, don't listen to the memesters. Don't drink milk, take protein powder instead.

This

Literally no one in the history of the world has ever succeeded with any other program.

OP, I know your mother told you there are no stupid questions, but it's time to realize that that simply isn't true.

SS is inarguably the best starting programm for strength gains.

Whenever you argue with someone complaining about SS he'll show very soon he hasn't done it nor looked at it beyond a short google search.

Do it. Elsewise you'll regret it.

Strong Lifts is fine too. You just need to add in accessories. Specifically, dips, barbell curls and some form of ab exercise (I do planks and cable crunches).

Every program works, some just work better than others. Theoretically you could start with something like Texas Method as a beginner and it would work, only you would be wasting some of your time by going up by 5lbs every week and not 5lbs 3x a week.

>Is starting strength/ strong lifts really the best program for beginners?
Lol no

Why?

You dont need to do those programs just because you are begginer

You will see low results

When i started lifting, i started with some program a trainer gave me, in 1 and half month i could do 5 reps with 135 bench press

When i started lifting i was struggling with 75 lbs in bench press

do ss/sl until you plateau . then deload 30% and add 3 accessories per workout . then when you plateau you should hopefully have a base and have an idea of where to progress.

>strength gains
What about muscle gains, retard?
Look for a program in google to gain muscle, you will find a very good one that will see nice result

>doesn't know relationship between strength and muscle
>namefag
>can't speak english
>calls others retard
This is the type of person that hates on SS. Without strength no muscles. Enjoy your 30kg bench presses fuckboi

Hahhha
When i started i was struggling to bench 75 lbs then 1 and half month later i did 5 reps with 135 lbs

Get fucked fagot

Not the guy you're responding to but you're bragging about a 60kg bench press.

Neck yourself autismo.

30kg bench is 176,37lbs
So thanks for proving my point splitcuck

This

I only have 1 and half month lifting

I see other people here that have 2 months and cant do 5 reps with 1 pl8
T. Retard

Not building a base in strength lifting.
Enjoy your no gains

30kg is 66lbs user...

Yea I've seen you posting here quite frequently in the last weeks or so. I actually think you don't really deserve to use a tripcode (not that anyone does) and I don't think you should give advice with your lack of experience. Now about that tripcode: if you're just trying to annoy people, congratulatiobs, well done. But you won't become some Veeky Forums legend and you won't find any friends here either. Just saying

I dont understand your post

What is your deal?
I dont lack any experience and im not using a tripcode, its a name

I come from pol and i want that people know im Dominican

Per side plus bar

>I come from pol
>I dont lack any experience
>I only have 1 and half month lifting

>have
Had

That was 3 years ago

In 2014 i went for 4 months then left it

Now i came back again and i have 2 months going

But we here all post anonymously, why can't just try to fit in? I don't want to sound like tyler durden here but none of us is actually special and we are just here trying to make it

You didnt specify

T.retard

If SS worked so well then post body.

>i want that people know im Dominican
So when you say something retarded, people won't blame you specifically, they will just chalk it up to your shitty brain-genetics.

You just called yourself retard newbro. I don't even know why your so mad. I just explained

>can't just try to fit in?
Is this a special group or something?

I can use a name, why that bother you?

Im here lurk and to post whenever i have something to post

Deal with it, lad

If your goal is pure strength and you follow the diet then yes.

>newbro
I have 4 years browsing Veeky Forums and 1 years browsing fit
That is very stupid thing to do

What is retarded about my posts?

Fuck off, you must be that gyno nigger BN

could you just fuck off? you're clearly unwanted

If you want to gain strength, SS is great. If you want to get aesthetic, it is shit, unless you wanna be a skinnyfat gay powerbottom. If you are a beginner looking to get aesthetic, I would say start doing your cardio, eating good shit, and do a beginner calisthenics routine like pic related for a few months. I recommend starting with calisthenics because it forces you to stay lean, and you don't need to waste money on a gym membership for a while. It also helps give you a strong core, and you can do calisthenics more often and with more volume than weight training. Once you are able to do one armed push-ups, muscle ups, and other hard shit, you will already be aesthetic, and you will be strong enough and know enough about fitness to go to a gym and make a reasonable split for yourself.

>i want that people know im Dominican
ok maybe you need a clarification
NOBODY CARES
why am I even wasting time and energy on this shit...

Oh i knew it

Hahaaha

Fuck off, gyno

Why you dislike me?

Go fix your gyno then talk to me

This

>NOBODY CARES
And?
You care because you replied to me

Stupid lad

Please tell me your routine for bench, because I'm struggling with 85

as a beginner it is almost irrelevant which program you do.

1.you have to decide if you want to become stronger or more aesthetic.
2.in both cases you need to train with the 4 basic exercises:
ohp
bench
squat
deadlift
3. have success

Not that guy but i started out similarly. Im doing GSLP, but my biggest tip is start counting what you eat and make sure you're actually getting what you need. That coupled with a proper program will make your bench skyrocket

Well my max now is 155lbs so i do 3 sets with 145lbs and 3 with 155 lbs

I have done that since i started ajd i have gained strength and mass

I can do 7 reps with 145lbs and 4-5 with 155lbs

best program is custom program

BUT

custom program needs to be managed by someone becuase as dyel you have no idea what to do

and starting strength is like "one size fits all" solution

its decent, but dont expect wonders
if you do some accessories it can be decent

It doesn't matter what routine you start with (SS, SL, Greyskull, etc.) as long as they are linear (increasing weight every day), involve the big 4 (overhead press, bench, squats, deadlift), you keep doing it at least 3 times a week, and maintain a decent diet. People get so caught up in the minute differences (power cleans, 5x5+barbell rows, AMRAP) trying to min-max that they're ignoring that the proper beginner programs are all the same shit with different gimmicks. Same goes for intermediate routines.

>Is starting strength/ strong lifts really the best program for beginners?
Yes, it's the best foundation but add some accessories. I added rows, pull ups, curls, skullcrushers, dips, farmer's walks, calf raises and flyes. Occasionally alternating between front/ back squat, regular/ sumo /stiff-legged diddly and flat/ incline bench is something I'd recommend as well.

I did SL for 1 year, because I hate power cleans, with noticeable gains in both strength and overall size. However, I realized I started packing more size on the legs and glutes, so I added a pullup x pushup superset after I'm done with the normal SL routine. Basically pullups and pushups will help you a lot with your upper body and are fun to do.

Is a invasion

>this are the guys giving you training advice

Why deload?

Keep seeing this but never understood it.

Does anyone have the full size version of this?

Looks like shit when you zoom in to look/read each exercise.

>Looks like shit when you zoom in to look/read each exercise.

It's intented since that's exactly how you will look if you do calisthenics.

Only do SS if you're actually going to follow the program though, including power cleans.
I can't do powercleans and so changed to GSLP instead.

So in 6 weeks (1.5 months), you increased your bench by 60 lbs? So 10 lbs/week? So the exact same linear progression as you'd achieve with SS? Wow yeah, SS BTFO it would never work!

>talks shit on SS
>"I've been working out for 4 years, so I know what I'm talking about"
>max bench: 155 lbs
Holy fucking kek, you have to be trolling. I just started benching last week and I'm going to blow past your PR in about a week or so following SS, my man. Consider suicide.

>Proved to the other guy that he can't bench 30kg
>Calls him a retard

You're either too young or you're just a generic foreigner who only knows one slur and tries to offend people with it

JUST LIFT THINGS UP AND PUT THEM DOWN FFS YOU'RE A FUCKING BEGINNER AND YOU NEED A STRENGTH FOUNDATION
THERE'S NO BESTEST PROGRAM FOR FUCKING BEGINNERS

not him but
>I just started benching last week and I'm going to blow past your [155 lbs aka 70 kg x 5]
[X] DOUBT

It's fine, it almost doesn't matter at all what you do when you are first starting out, but ss is good

docdro.id/TZ5b62C
Chapter 21 (page 599)

hahahahaa

where did i said i have 4 years working out?

you have to work on your reading comprehension

>you're just a generic foreigner who only knows one slur and tries to offend people with it
nah i dont

i was just laughing, im happy, i got many yous

>I have 4 years browsing Veeky Forums and 1 years browsing fit
***teleports behind you***

why?

>I was only pretending to be retarded

Holy kek my summer friend

please don't listen to this fucking faggot. If you want to be any serious don't do push ups in your momma's living room, go lift heavy weights and actually START creating a strength foundation. THEN you'll focus on aesthetics, proportions and you may even consider calisthenics if ottermode is your ultimate goal. But you'll never unlock it wasting time larping as a master jedi, hit the motherfucking gym. The other way round (do push ups in your bedroom and the hit the bench "when you're ready") does not work. You'll WISH you had started sooner.

i dont

i normally post here and dont insult people

am i insulting you now?
see

calm down, lad

im not summer

Greg nuckols beginner program from his free book the journey looks pretty fun and good

Anything that incorporates the big 4 lifts and using a linear progression should be good

skinnyfat lanklet here. just wanna get to like ottermode or like just look like a normal person. can i do this in a reasonable amount of time doing body weight exercises or would i be better off just doing some beginner program at a gym? ( 6' ~140lbs )